Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 187 of 193 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 2889
  1. #2791
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,913
    I wonder what it would take to lure a guy like KJ Wright in. He still plays at a high level and is HOF material.

  2. #2792
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,913
    also i dont take the Aaron Rodgers stuff seriously. It seems like every other year he does this. He needs his ego stroked a bit. Id love to have him, just dont think hes ever leaving green bay

  3. #2793
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Nah, this is very serious. Watching tampa go all in to surround Tom with the best possible players, then winning the nfc title game at Lambeau was the last straw for him. Packers have always taken the opposite approach, and he is tired of it. Iím not sure the Packers would ever trade him, but they may have no choice if/when he starts sitting out games. All the reputable insiders and local Green Bay guys say this is for real, heís dug in, his Packers days are finished.

  4. #2794
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Thatís not the problem. I would like to get me some Rodgers. However a he wonít make the d better. Why not trade top picks for gamechanging d players?

    B the problem is he got in bad with the pack because he wants a big extension. Worth top qb in the nfl type money and isnít willing to restructure his pay so his team can sign more top players.
    Think of it this way...would you rather have Arnette, Abram and Tanner Muse, or Aaron Rodgers?

  5. #2795
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rodgers threw 48 touchdowns and 5 interceptions last year. He won the mvp. There are no defensive players in all of football who have that kind of impact. The only ones that can come close (Garrett, Donald, Watt etc) are not on the trading block. If for whatever reason we were able acquire Rodgers you move heaven and earth to make it happen.

  6. #2796
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,558
    Rogers doesn't exactly have the hammer in this situation. If he sits out, quits, or retires, he'll owe them 30 mil. So he has some thinking to do.

  7. #2797
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,558
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Isn't it time to extend Carr? Raiders are going to be paying out the nose either way. Even the starting QBs that have never won a single playoff game get paid handsomely. Must be nice.
    Maybe they're not asking that question with Wilson and Rogers floating around. Common sense dictates that you extend him......only if you plan to keep him. I'm sure the Raiders are thinking about it. And for those that keep pushing D......think of all of those drives that ended in FG's instead of TD's. So, he will make a difference.

  8. #2798
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Maybe they're not asking that question with Wilson and Rogers floating around. Common sense dictates that you extend him......only if you plan to keep him. I'm sure the Raiders are thinking about it. And for those that keep pushing D......think of all of those drives that ended in FG's instead of TD's. So, he will make a difference.
    I think itís smart. He isnít banging the table for an extension, and perhaps this is keeping him on his toes, knowing he has to produce. Carr had his best season last year, better than 2016, we are in a good spot QB wise. If we do extend him, he wonít command top 5 QB money and the cap is expected to sharply spike in the coming years with all the new tv money.

  9. #2799
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    13,519
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Maybe they're not asking that question with Wilson and Rogers floating around. Common sense dictates that you extend him......only if you plan to keep him. I'm sure the Raiders are thinking about it. And for those that keep pushing D......think of all of those drives that ended in FG's instead of TD's. So, he will make a difference.
    I very much think Carr's contract is on Mayock's dashboard. It's going to be one of the tougher decisions to make, especially if Carr should decide that he doesn't want to sign a team friendly deal. I could also see Carr wanting to leave to play elsewhere, if the team's fortunes don't turn around asap.

    Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but I honestly believe if Carr had played for a franchise that wasn't always in tear down and rebuild mode, or better still, a franchise that year in and year out put forward a decent defense, he'd be one of the more celebrated QBs in the league. He's not perfect by any stretch, but when he's on we've seen him outduel some of the best QBs in the league. On the right team he not only goes to the playoffs, but probably reaches the Super Bowl. I'm betting Carr's agent tells him that every day...and twice on game days.

  10. #2800
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,558
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I very much think Carr's contract is on Mayock's dashboard. It's going to be one of the tougher decisions to make, especially if Carr should decide that he doesn't want to sign a team friendly deal. I could also see Carr wanting to leave to play elsewhere, if the team's fortunes don't turn around asap.

    Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but I honestly believe if Carr had played for a franchise that wasn't always in tear down and rebuild mode, or better still, a franchise that year in and year out put forward a decent defense, he'd be one of the more celebrated QBs in the league. He's not perfect by any stretch, but when he's on we've seen him outduel some of the best QBs in the league. On the right team he not only goes to the playoffs, but probably reaches the Super Bowl. I'm betting Carr's agent tells him that every day...and twice on game days.
    Agreed, But we've also seen him in WTF situations too. Tough decision for mgmt., especially if they're feeling the heat.

  11. #2801
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,403
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I very much think Carr's contract is on Mayock's dashboard. It's going to be one of the tougher decisions to make, especially if Carr should decide that he doesn't want to sign a team friendly deal. I could also see Carr wanting to leave to play elsewhere, if the team's fortunes don't turn around asap.

    Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but I honestly believe if Carr had played for a franchise that wasn't always in tear down and rebuild mode, or better still, a franchise that year in and year out put forward a decent defense, he'd be one of the more celebrated QBs in the league. He's not perfect by any stretch, but when he's on we've seen him outduel some of the best QBs in the league. On the right team he not only goes to the playoffs, but probably reaches the Super Bowl. I'm betting Carr's agent tells him that every day...and twice on game days.
    His agent may tell him that... but then his brother walks in the room and kicks his agents ***. He reminds Derek of the pleasantries of having no Oline, shows Derek the number of times he was sacked, and knocks some sense into him.

    As long as our oline doesnít crumble this year, with the weapons he has, Derek has nothing to complain about. I donít think heíd put a championship over his health.

    Why would Wilson and Rogers want to play here... but not Derek?
    Last edited by FarOutIos; 05-04-2021 at 01:49 PM.

  12. #2802
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,669
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Agreed, But we've also seen him in WTF situations too. Tough decision for mgmt., especially if they're feeling the heat.
    If management still believes in a commitment to excellence than the decision is a no brainer. What would a young Al do?

  13. #2803
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    18,649
    Looks like we will be getting a 6th round comp pick for losing Takk McKinely in free agency...this formula makes no sense.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #2804
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Looks like we will be getting a 6th round comp pick for losing Takk McKinely in free agency...this formula makes no sense.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Almost like we paid his salary to not play, for a comp pick. SMH

  15. #2805
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    13,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    Rodgers threw 48 touchdowns and 5 interceptions last year. He won the mvp. There are no defensive players in all of football who have that kind of impact. The only ones that can come close (Garrett, Donald, Watt etc) are not on the trading block. If for whatever reason we were able acquire Rodgers you move heaven and earth to make it happen.
    Especially if Denver is his other top choice. You can't let them get him or we might as well just put 4th place in the AFC West in the standings now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •