Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 67 of 172 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2577
    Is there any talk that they tried to get Jackson to renegotiate and he said no or was it just a straight bye Felicia

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Is there any talk that they tried to get Jackson to renegotiate and he said no or was it just a straight bye Felicia
    No information is out but pretty sure it was just a straight cut.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    He's going to be 30 at the end of the month. Every year, its a new litany of excuses why he can't win. Excuses that blame everything under the sun except for him. If that works for you, so be it, its your fandom. It does not work for me. He isn't going to lead anyone anywhere.

-Stork
    Carr played much better in 2020. Almost every category of criticism he faced in the past was improved for 2020.

Fix the defense and see if Carr can do anything on the big stage. If not, move on... it's easier to win with a great defense, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Carr played much better in 2020. Almost every category of criticism he faced in the past was improved for 2020.

Fix the defense and see if Carr can do anything on the big stage. If not, move on... it's easier to win with a great defense, anyway.
    Thatís not an unreasonable take, no surprise there. However, you are mortgaging trade value (heís worth more now than heíll be next year based on his contact alone) in exchange for a run at a ring. I have no faith in that run.

Weíre in a bad spot as I also have no faith in this regimeís ability to build a team, so itís quite possible that your way truly is the best we can do at this point.

Iím quite discouraged.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Stork making him self look like a fool yet again. I'm glad Carr is out QB. That's all I gotta say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    No information is out but pretty sure it was just a straight cut.
    Interesting. That says something. They could have tried to renegotiate so they could cut Richie...instead they chose a 38 year old coming off a bad injury

He will not be part of the solution when we are ready to win. So trade him now and work towards improving the defense.

I'm going to continue to look at his record and fail to see a winner. To do anything else is delusional.

-Stork
    We will disagree then

Itís far too simplistic to put the entire win loss on a QB with his production.

The defense carries the weight of our failure far more than anything else, and delusion is absolutely the word I would use for anyone who argues differently.

A quick few facts.
    Steelers wanted to keep Villanueva. But due to cap reasons, cut him.

He is a two time pro bowler. Recent history

He has played every game for the last 5 years!

He will not be part of the solution when we are ready to win. So trade him now and work towards improving the defense.

I'm going to continue to look at his record and fail to see a winner. To do anything else is delusional.

-Stork
    So if you just look at the record, then that means Watson is one of the worst qbs in the nfl? He had a 4-12 record last year.

Watson had watt, blayock, McKinney, Cunningham, two great wrs and no excuses. But heís good and carrs bad? Makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    A quick few facts.
    Steelers wanted to keep Villanueva. But due to cap reasons, cut him.

He is a two time pro bowler. Recent history

He has played every game for the last 5 years!
    Could be a cheaper and more durable option over Trent Brown. Only a stop gap option though. 5-6M I'd be ok with
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Man, I am super tired of hearing about Carr. He is here until he isnt. Can we move on?

The post about dollars spent on offense vs defense is not surprising but tells a great story. Im curious to know who the group thinks would be a cost effective replacement for Brown at RT

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    We will disagree then

Itís far too simplistic to put the entire win loss on a QB with his production.

The defense carries the weight of our failure far more than anything else, and delusion is absolutely the word I would use for anyone who argues differently.
    Who said anything about putting 'the entire win loss on a QB'? Are you unable to criticize one cog in a machine while knowing other cogs are also deficient? I'm eager to fix the defense.

Seriously, is that really that hard to comprehend?

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    So if you just look at the record, then that means Watson is one of the worst qbs in the nfl? He had a 4-12 record last year.

Watson had watt, blayock, McKinney, Cunningham, two great wrs and no excuses. But heís good and carrs bad? Makes sense
    Hyperbole is awesome. Watson is 4 years younger than Carr and has already played in playoff games....even won one. Yeah...makes sense. You are what your record says you are.

That said though, I would not trade for Watson.

-Stork

-tippa irie

https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/1367906354074034179

#Raiders are in talks with LB Nicholas Morrow to try and bring him back.
    One of the few defensive players who played well last year.
    And he echoed Nelson Agholor in questioning the teamís accountability. Raising the bar.

I saw a report by Ulrich that said Leonard Williams will get the tag. Which means he will be making either 19 or 21 mil this year, depending on if they have him listed as a dt or de(which is what he got upset about in the first place).

That also means we struck out on the only two good passrushing dts in free agency.

With that being said, Iím guessing we will get a top free safety in this fa. Maybe a Harris, Johnson or my favorite Marcus Williams! And guessing we stay with Trent brown this year. I would rather deal him to the rams for Havenstein. But wonít happen.

So it looks like Barmore is our pick in the first round of this years draft. My prediction.