Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
    Also TB is a Left Tackle so his cap number is nothing for a team looking for one, And not much available in the FA market... Also you trade for him so your not in competition with 30 other NFL teams. At the same time, We can keep him and call his bluff he will destroy his chances by sitting out or not getting back in shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I'm down with extending Carr to decrease his cap cost.

I think Trey Smith is a starting caliber G in the NFL. If the Raiders can get a RT and draft Smith in the 3rd/4th round, they'll be fine on OL.
    I am as well. Carr is a good QB, we could do a lot worse; I donít mind having him long term but if they do that, they sure as hell better pony up and get a defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    I am as well. Carr is a good QB, we could do a lot worse; I donít mind having him long term but if they do that, they sure as hell better pony up and get a defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fix the defense. Full stop.

Some posters have waited for the Raiders to be a top-half defense for ... 15+ years? Longer?

It's ridiculous.

Big no to extending Carr. That would be a disaster.

And who is going to make a trade for a guy that is largely unavailable, largely out of shape and who might not actually love what heís being paid crazy money to do? Especially given that heíll get cut before long.

-Stork

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Everyone knows we're going to cut him. Why waste a pick when you don't have to?

-Stork
    I have heard rumors the Raiders are thinking about keeping him. I am sure Mayock is trying to concoct an option to lower his cap hit if they do decide to keep him. Now that we are closer to being under the cap, with more relief to come, the markets for possible trades increases due to the fact that they don't really have to cut someone if they don't get offers. Additionally, there are a few tackle needy teams that would be all over this guy if he hit the free agency market and his price could go up and he could pick a specific team and others would be out of the picture. So, you see it is not out of the realm of possibility. I also see Mariota's value increasing for the same reasons.
    Last edited by Wolfe-Raider; 03-04-2021 at 01:04 PM.

"...prone to stoogery.".

I'd be surprised to see anyone make a deal for either guy, but I hope I'm wrong.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

I'd be surprised to see anyone make a deal for either guy, but I hope I'm wrong.

-Stork
    I'd gladly take a 6th or 7th round pick for Trent Brown.

If not... I'd gladly cut him, too.

Bleh, not thrilled with the move to get rid of Gabe Jackson.

Between Williams and Gabe Jackson, the Raiders are ~$2M over the cap. LaMarcus Joyner, Trent Brown and Mariota will get the Raiders to ~$30M under the cap.

That's enough money to sign a guard and RT, and maybe 1 starter on defense.

I don't like getting rid of Gabe Jackson. Just my 2Ę.
    It sounded like mayock wants to keep brown. The only guy who doesnít want to be here. Lol

Big no to extending Carr. That would be a disaster.

And who is going to make a trade for a guy that is largely unavailable, largely out of shape and who might not actually love what heís being paid crazy money to do? Especially given that heíll get cut before long.

-Stork
    I keep hearing about this disaster. Havenít seen it. Itís obviously a horrible defense. Has been. We gave up games on d in the last two minutes 3 times this year. Way too many close games with horrible d

I'd gladly take a 6th or 7th round pick for Trent Brown.

If not... I'd gladly cut him, too.
    Same here

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    I keep hearing about this disaster. Havenít seen it. Itís obviously a horrible defense. Has been. We gave up games on d in the last two minutes 3 times this year. Way too many close games with horrible d
    47-63 is pretty disastrous. That's less than 7 wins a year. Perhaps your bar is too low.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

-Stork
    Me too.

"...prone to stoogery.".

47-63 is pretty disastrous. That's less than 7 wins a year. Perhaps your bar is too low.

-Stork
    You do know that a qb doesnít play d?
    So what your saying is itís Carrís fault our des canít get pressure on the qb? Or itís dcs fault the dts donít get sacks? Safeties canít cover? Lbs canít tackle or cover? We were 30th in d last year. And had the 11th ranked offense.

So itís Carrís fault we blew the game against KC when the safeties and corners gave us a loss in the last minute?

Or carr was the one who got a face mask penalty and gave up a long pass on the same play against Miami? Makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    You do know that a qb doesnít play d?
    So what your saying is itís Carrís fault our des canít get pressure on the qb? Or itís dcs fault the dts donít get sacks? Safeties canít cover? Lbs canít tackle or cover? We were 30th in d last year. And had the 11th ranked offense.

So itís Carrís fault we blew the game against KC when the safeties and corners gave us a loss in the last minute?

Or carr was the one who got a face mask penalty and gave up a long pass on the same play against Miami? Makes sense
    What Iím saying is that Iím tired of excuses. Iím tired of people using our lousy D as a rationale for giving Carr a pass.

There is no reason why we should pass up the opportunity to deal the guy now and fix the D. We arenít going to win with him. That makes sense.

Tear it down.

-Stork

-tippa irie

We were 30th in the nfl in sacks. Averaging 1.3 sacks a game.
    Only two teams worse were jax and bengals. We gave up 6 yards a play to opponents.

We were 8th in scoring offense. Before someone says that doesnít matter. Some of The top teams in front of us are kc, Buffalo, packers, Arizona, titans. And we are one spot above Tampa Bay.