Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast
    https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1367271235588157442

Per Rapsheet Raiders are not expected to cut Brown. Will either be traded or play for the Raiders this season.

Its the smoke and mirrors time of year. I canít imagine weíll keep him.

-Stork

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    A team could trade for him if they donít think they have a shot at signing him in free agency.
    Heís got an awfully large contract for a fat, lazy, injury prone player with a bad attitude. No team will want to take it on. Theyíre going to wait for him to be cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolls View Post
    Heís got an awfully large contract for a fat, lazy, injury prone player with a bad attitude. No team will want to take it on. Theyíre going to wait for him to be cut.
    His contract is actually not that large anymore. It was a front loaded deal
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    His contract is actually not that large anymore. It was a front loaded deal
    And has zero guarantees left. So, if it doesnít work out it only cost the trading team whatever compensation they se d the Raiders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    Good move,guards shouldn't be paid Ike that.At least he got his bread though,Goodluck gabe.
    This is worse than we think. He was our best olinemen last year. We have Miller and Hudson.

Thatís good buuuuut, we are looking at having a 38 year old that came off a bad Achilles injury. No rg! And a rt who is injury prone and doesnít want to be a raider. If we get another GOOD one, it would cost about the same as gabe cost. If not we will go in the draft and draft a couple guesses. And if we draft them early, we take away from the talent we desperately need on d.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Last years cap was 195M. Normally the cap raises around 10M every year. This year the cap will be around 180 to 183M. A lot of players across the league will be cut.
    Right now with that release, that should put us +2 mil. Mariota gone 11 more. Joyner 8 mil and it doesnít look like Trent brown is gone. That would have gave us an extra 14 mil.

So with Joyner and mariota gone, that would put us at 21 mil over. It will cost us about 10 mil to sign draftees. So we got 11 mil for fa. Which means we canít afford anyone decent without cutting Trent brown. Or trading him

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    This is worse than we think. He was our best olinemen last year. We have Miller and Hudson.

Thatís good buuuuut, we are looking at having a 38 year old that came off a bad Achilles injury. No rg! And a rt who is injury prone and doesnít want to be a raider. If we get another GOOD one, it would cost about the same as gabe cost. If not we will go in the draft and draft a couple guesses. And if we draft them early, we take away from the talent we desperately need on d.
    Guard can be easily replaced.Lets see if incognito gets released or not.Quinn mienerz or jackson carman in the 3rd can easily replace gabe.
    2019 NFL MOCK DRAFT!!!
    Pick #4 Josh allen edge rusher kentucky
    Pick #24 deandre baker cornerback georgia
    Pick #27 noah fant tight end iowa
    Pick #35 mack wilson ilb alabama

Tony "el cucuy" ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    Denzelle good 3 years 15 million is what I am hearing/thinking, Iím all for it

Good and incognito is a good guard combo in this league
    Goode will go to the highest bidder. Not us. Heís an average og. But he is serviceable and he will get overpaid.

Hello to incognito and Simpson as ogs. We are in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    Guard can be easily replaced.Lets see if incognito gets released or not.Quinn mienerz or jackson carman in the 3rd can easily replace gabe.
    I like me some Meinerz. But good ogs are hard to find. We can get any og. Like the Vikings. They have been struggling for good online play. And itís killed them

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Right now with that release, that should put us +2 mil. Mariota gone 11 more. Joyner 8 mil and it doesnít look like Trent brown is gone. That would have gave us an extra 14 mil.

So with Joyner and mariota gone, that would put us at 21 mil over. It will cost us about 10 mil to sign draftees. So we got 11 mil for fa. Which means we canít afford anyone decent without cutting Trent brown. Or trading him
    Iím not sure how we get there but Mayock in his interview said he plans to have 40 million in free agency. That they will also be patient. So Looks like we will be bargain shopping!

Bleh, not thrilled with the move to get rid of Gabe Jackson.

Between Williams and Gabe Jackson, the Raiders are ~$2M over the cap. LaMarcus Joyner, Trent Brown and Mariota will get the Raiders to ~$30M under the cap.

That's enough money to sign a guard and RT, and maybe 1 starter on defense.

I don't like getting rid of Gabe Jackson. Just my 2Ę.

With two weeks until free agency I'm going to sit back and watch this play out. I think everyone is on the same page about what needs to happen here with respect to the Raiders' FA priorities. As long as nothing crazy happens -- crazy like the Raiders trading Carr, starting Mariota, giving Agholor WR1 money, and wasting what little cap we have and all of our draft picks on the offense -- then I'll probably be ok with it.

But I never underestimate the Raiders' ability to do something that makes no sense whatsoever.

I know it's not popular with a lot of Raiders fans but I would go to the bank of Carr and add more years to his contract and pay him a massive roster bonus to bring his salary down to a few million this year. According to Mayock, Carr's not going anywhere so the haters might as well get used him and free up some more cap space!

Quote Originally Posted by RC RAIDER View Post
    I know it's not popular with a lot of Raiders fans but I would go to the bank of Carr and add more years to his contract and pay him a massive roster bonus to bring his salary down to a few million this year. According to Mayock, Carr's not going anywhere so the haters might as well get used him and free up some more cap space!
    I'm down with extending Carr to decrease his cap cost.

I think Trey Smith is a starting caliber G in the NFL. If the Raiders can get a RT and draft Smith in the 3rd/4th round, they'll be fine on OL.