Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 63 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 945 of 2615
  1. #931
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    16,008
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/s...98515831713804

    Gabe Jackson Released


    https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1367202099080163335

    The #Raiders have had talks about potentially dealing tackle Trent Brown, source said, and with few available tackles in free agency, Las Vegas has a shot.
    I didn't expect Jackson getting released. At all.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  2. #932
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,248
    This better not be, yet another offseason, where we create more holes to fill, use up our little available replacing what we just created and not moving forward with what we ACTUALLY need.

    So far, and I know itís early with lots more to happen, but we released/would like to trade or release a WR, G, T and QB, in an offseason where we must address defense.

    Not a fan of getting rid of serviceable player when higher priority positions are in need, unless itís a clear grade.

  3. #933
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,341
    Didnít expect Jackson either... and correct me if Iím wrong... but didnít the cap get set at $18 million less than it was last year? And normally it goes up about $10 million. So all those contracts that have increasing amounts hurt even more.

    End result, most teams will be cutting a lot of players. Players who normally would get traded, but because of price, wonít be valuable in trade. The plus side is that there will be a lot of players who seem like deals in FA.

  4. #934
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    18,149
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Didnít expect Jackson either... and correct me if Iím wrong... but didnít the cap get set at $18 million less than it was last year? And normally it goes up about $10 million. So all those contracts that have increasing amounts hurt even more.

    End result, most teams will be cutting a lot of players. Players who normally would get traded, but because of price, wonít be valuable in trade. The plus side is that there will be a lot of players who seem like deals in FA.
    Last years cap was 195M. Normally the cap raises around 10M every year. This year the cap will be around 180 to 183M. A lot of players across the league will be cut.

  5. #935
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,650
    Well Raiders are high on Simpson. Also Gabe didnít want to be here anymore. Raiders were spending way too much on the oline. Hopefully this brings us a defensive starter

  6. #936
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,859
    I believe that Inc and Simpson will be our starters at guard.. Might move Inc over to RG and let Simpson continue to play LG, He did well for a rookie. And this could move could have us bringing back Goode that can basically play anywhere on the OL and insurance if we don't get good compensation/replacement for TB.

  7. #937
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    I believe that Inc and Simpson will be our starters at guard.. Might move Inc over to RG and let Simpson continue to play LG, He did well for a rookie. And this could move could have us bringing back Goode that can basically play anywhere on the OL and insurance if we don't get good compensation/replacement for TB.
    It would be foolish not to bring back Denzelle Good if Trent Brown and Gabe Jackson are gone. Perhaps we can even bring back Gabe at a more friendly contract? not sure. I like the direction we're headed in.

  8. #938
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    16,008
    How much have we saved releasing Jackson?

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  9. #939
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    18,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    How much have we saved releasing Jackson?
    9.6m

  10. #940
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    16,008
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    9.6m
    Thank you Hunter.

    It will be nice if we can trade Brown and even get a 5th or 6th for him. Save some cash and get a pick to possibly replace him. I find it hard to believe not many at all until now have talked about trading him rather than cutting him. He does have value. Seahawks and Bengals could really use him. (depending on health) I say trade him to the Chiefs, they could use him too and he could be our Trojan horse.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  11. #941
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    16,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Thank you Hunter.

    It will be nice if we can trade Brown and even get a 5th or 6th for him. Save some cash and get a pick to possibly replace him. I find it hard to believe not many at all until now have talked about trading him rather than cutting him. He does have value. Seahawks and Bengals could really use him. (depending on health) I say trade him to the Chiefs, they could use him too and he could be our Trojan horse.
    Everyone knows we're going to cut him. Why waste a pick when you don't have to?

    -Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

    -tippa irie

  12. #942
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,650
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Everyone knows we're going to cut him. Why waste a pick when you don't have to?

    -Stork
    A team could trade for him if they donít think they have a shot at signing him in free agency.

  13. #943
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,672
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Everyone knows we're going to cut him. Why waste a pick when you don't have to?

    -Stork
    because their is no guarantee he will sign with that particular team that trades for him. Duh!

  14. #944
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    18,517
    Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    A team could trade for him if they donít think they have a shot at signing him in free agency.
    Bingo.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #945
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,650
    Denzelle good 3 years 15 million is what I am hearing/thinking, Iím all for it

    Good and incognito is a good guard combo in this league

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •