Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 63 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/s...98515831713804

Gabe Jackson Released

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1367202099080163335

The #Raiders have had talks about potentially dealing tackle Trent Brown, source said, and with few available tackles in free agency, Las Vegas has a shot.
    I didn't expect Jackson getting released. At all.

"...prone to stoogery.".

This better not be, yet another offseason, where we create more holes to fill, use up our little available replacing what we just created and not moving forward with what we ACTUALLY need.

So far, and I know itís early with lots more to happen, but we released/would like to trade or release a WR, G, T and QB, in an offseason where we must address defense.

Not a fan of getting rid of serviceable player when higher priority positions are in need, unless itís a clear grade.

Didnít expect Jackson either... and correct me if Iím wrong... but didnít the cap get set at $18 million less than it was last year? And normally it goes up about $10 million. So all those contracts that have increasing amounts hurt even more.

End result, most teams will be cutting a lot of players. Players who normally would get traded, but because of price, wonít be valuable in trade. The plus side is that there will be a lot of players who seem like deals in FA.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Didnít expect Jackson either... and correct me if Iím wrong... but didnít the cap get set at $18 million less than it was last year? And normally it goes up about $10 million. So all those contracts that have increasing amounts hurt even more.

End result, most teams will be cutting a lot of players. Players who normally would get traded, but because of price, wonít be valuable in trade. The plus side is that there will be a lot of players who seem like deals in FA.
    Last years cap was 195M. Normally the cap raises around 10M every year. This year the cap will be around 180 to 183M. A lot of players across the league will be cut.

Well Raiders are high on Simpson. Also Gabe didnít want to be here anymore. Raiders were spending way too much on the oline. Hopefully this brings us a defensive starter

I believe that Inc and Simpson will be our starters at guard.. Might move Inc over to RG and let Simpson continue to play LG, He did well for a rookie. And this could move could have us bringing back Goode that can basically play anywhere on the OL and insurance if we don't get good compensation/replacement for TB.

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    I believe that Inc and Simpson will be our starters at guard.. Might move Inc over to RG and let Simpson continue to play LG, He did well for a rookie. And this could move could have us bringing back Goode that can basically play anywhere on the OL and insurance if we don't get good compensation/replacement for TB.
    It would be foolish not to bring back Denzelle Good if Trent Brown and Gabe Jackson are gone. Perhaps we can even bring back Gabe at a more friendly contract? not sure. I like the direction we're headed in.

How much have we saved releasing Jackson?

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    How much have we saved releasing Jackson?
    9.6m

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    9.6m
    Thank you Hunter.

It will be nice if we can trade Brown and even get a 5th or 6th for him. Save some cash and get a pick to possibly replace him. I find it hard to believe not many at all until now have talked about trading him rather than cutting him. He does have value. Seahawks and Bengals could really use him. (depending on health) I say trade him to the Chiefs, they could use him too and he could be our Trojan horse.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Thank you Hunter.

It will be nice if we can trade Brown and even get a 5th or 6th for him. Save some cash and get a pick to possibly replace him. I find it hard to believe not many at all until now have talked about trading him rather than cutting him. He does have value. Seahawks and Bengals could really use him. (depending on health) I say trade him to the Chiefs, they could use him too and he could be our Trojan horse.
    Everyone knows we're going to cut him. Why waste a pick when you don't have to?

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post

-Stork
    A team could trade for him if they donít think they have a shot at signing him in free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post

-Stork
    because their is no guarantee he will sign with that particular team that trades for him. Duh!

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    A team could trade for him if they donít think they have a shot at signing him in free agency.
    Bingo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denzelle good 3 years 15 million is what I am hearing/thinking, Iím all for it

Good and incognito is a good guard combo in this league