Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 172 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
    I think pitt has the upper hand. Both his brothers play there I think, not just one.

Only thing I dont know is what moves they’d have to make, and who they currently have. I know they already have a good defense, so we’ll see if they value the players they’d need to cut more than watt.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    nah. Watt is probably going to join the Bucs, Seahawks or Chiefs to try to win a ring before he retires. He already got paid.
    He’s signing with Pittsburgh. That’s the end of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post

I mean I dont think so but maybe. Pitt has more work to get under the cap then we do.

Not likely. Juju is gone. And both pro bowl pouncey And Villanueva are gone. So is wise waking. Baaad for that team to lose 3 pro bowlers in one offseason and a solid og.
    Last edited by Megatron; 02-12-2021 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Gruden can be a pretty convincing guy, never know what may happen once Gruden gets on the phone with a player.
    Who? Who has Gruden ever convinced to play here that had better options elsewhere? Who???

Watt is easily one of the most impactful players ever. I wish him the best in his pursuit of a championship. It won't be with the Raiders.

No he's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Not likely. Juju is gone. And both pro bowl pouncey And Villanueva are gone. So is wise waking. Baaad for that team to lose 3 pro bowlers in one offseason and a solid og.
    They are about to pay a big chunk of their salary to TJ Watt. They haven't made the playoffs in 3 years either
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    nah. Watt is probably going to join the Bucs, Seahawks or Chiefs to try to win a ring before he retires. He already got paid.
    Agree. The man said he wants to play for a championship. Anything can happen from season to season, but I doubt Pittsburgh gets to the chip next season. But there are a handful of teams that have a good shot and adding Watt to the mix can only help their chances. Even if he's only half as good as he used to be.

I see Watt going to the Chiefs. It wouldn't require him to move his family very far, if he didn't want to majorly disrupt the family routine. And since he's chasing a title, he could come in with a team friendly deal. Make no mistake, the only reason the Chiefs got their heads handed to them in the SB was because they were missing their two starters on the OL. I see the Chiefs going back to the SB again sometime in the next 2 years. Easy.
    Last edited by RaiderLakersA's; 02-12-2021 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Who? Who has Gruden ever convinced to play here that had better options elsewhere? Who???

Watt is easily one of the most impactful players ever. I wish him the best in his pursuit of a championship. It won't be with the Raiders.
    Littleton, Nassib and Kwiatkoski. All had options. Gruden got all three, but he had to pay them.

The Raiders had to overpay in the past because of their California taxes. Nevada, with no income tax, is a huge draw. It might help them with free agency. It might not. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Littleton, Nassib and Kwiatkoski. All had options. Gruden got all three, but he had to pay them.

The Raiders had to overpay in the past because of their California taxes. Nevada, with no income tax, is a huge draw. It might help them with free agency. It might not. We'll see.
    We'll have to wait and see what kind of a draw LV really is. Sure there aren't state taxes, but the other side of it is a new stadium was supposed to fix some of Marks liquid cash flow problems due to increased revenue streams.

It had been rumored that in Oakland Mark didn't have the cash on hand to give out large amounts of guaranteed money because the full amount has to be placed in escrow at the time of the signing.

The revenue didn't happen the way he had hoped year 1 in LV due to COVID-19.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevj77 View Post
    We'll have to wait and see what kind of a draw LV really is. Sure there aren't state taxes, but the other side of it is a new stadium was supposed to fix some of Marks liquid cash flow problems due to increased revenue streams.

It had been rumored that in Oakland Mark didn't have the cash on hand to give out large amounts of guaranteed money because the full amount has to be placed in escrow at the time of the signing.

The revenue didn't happen the way he had hoped year 1 in LV due to COVID-19.
    Over the last 3 years Mark has bought out multiple minority share holders and bought a WNBA team as recently as last month. Plus Mark and the Raiders are getting 50M+ a year in stadium advertising alone. Sure revenue is down but this isnt the same Mark that took over the Raiders in 2011. The team has a lot more money and is worth a whole lot more now then before.

Over the last year Raiders have given descent signing bonuses to Hudson and Littleton which they havent done much in the past so If they need to give out a SB im sure they could.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Over the last 3 years Mark has bought out multiple minority share holders and bought a WNBA team as recently as last month. Plus Mark and the Raiders are getting 50M+ a year in stadium advertising alone. Sure revenue is down but this isnt the same Mark that took over the Raiders in 2011. The team has a lot more money and is worth a whole lot more now then before.

Over the last year Raiders have given descent signing bonuses to Hudson and Littleton which they havent done much in the past so If they need to give out a SB im sure they could.
    Here is the question though: can they give bonuses to current players in order to open cap space and still give bonuses to lure FAs?

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    If he offered more money, that by definition means that those guys didn't have better options elsewhere and it wasn't Gruden's charm or innate persuasive skills that got them to the Raiders. Money talks and bull**** walks...which is what all three would have done, but for Gruden opening the vault.
    Last edited by RaiderLakersA's; 02-13-2021 at 12:39 AM.

Watt is going to Green Bay, They will spend the money to please Rodgers. If he don't go there then it will either be Dallas or Pitt, I would't say Pitt is a lock only cause he will not go there unless he knows Ben is coming back for sure, Money, Cap space isn't a issue, These accounting guys know how to make things work.

Also, I have I would like to throw this out there... Russel Wilson, Gets traded to the Giants, Yes I said it. Giants send DJ, A defensive player, and a first round and next years 2nd round. I want to say Jones and Bark.. But, I dunno if they do that.

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    Watt is going to Green Bay, They will spend the money to please Rodgers. If he don't go there then it will either be Dallas or Pitt, I would't say Pitt is a lock only cause he will not go there unless he knows Ben is coming back for sure, Money, Cap space isn't a issue, These accounting guys know how to make things work.

Also, I have I would like to throw this out there... Russel Wilson, Gets traded to the Giants, Yes I said it. Giants send DJ, A defensive player, and a first round and next years 2nd round. I want to say Jones and Bark.. But, I dunno if they do that.
    If one of Wilson's complaints is his O-line in Seattle, he won't be pleased with a move to the Giants.