Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    It’s possible to find a replacement at RT. Better than a healthy and motivated Brown? Maybe, but certainly better than the litany of backups who replaced him.

Unrelated: I keep seeing mock drafts pushing JOK to the Raiders at #17. Do these people not realize the Raiders invested heavily in Littleton to play WOLB? Littleton can’t play SOLB, and he’s already on the roster. It costs more to cut him than keep him, too.

I just don’t understand these ‘professional’ media people. Are they not doing research or do they not care?
    Also, I think we will play a lot more 4-2-5 like most of the league and the two teams that played yesterday, Well tampa started as a 2-4-5... At least that is how both teams had the starters introduced as. Baremore should be the pick, We need to upgrade the front and back end... Nick K and Littleton are good LBers

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    Also, I think we will play a lot more 4-2-5 like most of the league and the two teams that played yesterday, Well tampa started as a 2-4-5... At least that is how both teams had the starters introduced as. Baremore should be the pick, We need to upgrade the front and back end... Nick K and Littleton are good LBers
    In theory, Littleton is a ‘big safety’ kind of athlete. The Raiders are already trying to run a 4-2-5.

JOK would be a good player in that scheme, but DL must be the focus.

Schemes don't compare we are switching to more of a 4-4-3,stack the box and don't let them run it on us but even with a good free safety it's gonna be crucial to get after the quarterback.

Jpp,duh,barret were all free agents signings by the bucs.Meanwhile,we're bringing in carl nassib and littleton who played with a beast d line.

D line is the most important bar none.

In theory, Littleton is a ‘big safety’ kind of athlete. The Raiders are already trying to run a 4-2-5.

JOK would be a good player in that scheme, but DL must be the focus.
    I like JOK just with what we have, Weighing the options Baremore would be a better pick for us at 17.. I would not hate the Notre Dame pick at all though..When I was first thinking of the post and watching that game. I just kept saying damn White we could of had him, We need a guy like that..

We need two safeties, Abram will be good as the box safety... Joyner I guess would fit in at one safety if we use him in zone and not a man corner.

Per source, the Arizona Cardinals and former All-Pro cornerback Patrick Peterson are parting ways barring a significant change in stances.

Peterson, 30, has enjoyed eight Pro Bowl and three First-Team All-Pro campaigns since being selected No. 5 overall in the 2011 Draft.

https://twitter.com/MattVerderame/st...95688398761985

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Why would the jets deal the best player on the team? If they want good supporting players, they can buy them. They are 75 mil over the cap. They are going to buy players, not deal them
    There’s several reasons a team might do that. In this case tho, I agree. They won’t.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Per source, the Arizona Cardinals and former All-Pro cornerback Patrick Peterson are parting ways barring a significant change in stances.

Peterson, 30, has enjoyed eight Pro Bowl and three First-Team All-Pro campaigns since being selected No. 5 overall in the 2011 Draft.

https://twitter.com/MattVerderame/st...95688398761985
    A friend of mine, Pilots his jet I could have him put raider signs or something to persuade him.... And he's only 30? seems like he has been in the league for 30 years

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    A friend of mine, Pilots his jet I could have him put raider signs or something to persuade him.... And he's only 30? seems like he has been in the league for 30 years
    He only turned 21 during his first NFL season so even though he went to 8 straight pro bowls he is still fairly young all things considered. Better CB then Sherman but not the same type of leader. Either way both would be an alpha dog DB we could use in our backfield.

He only turned 21 during his first NFL season so even though he went to 8 straight pro bowls he is still fairly young all things considered. Better CB then Sherman but not the same type of leader. Either way both would be an alpha dog DB we could use in our backfield.
    They'll both get burned to a crisp when the opposing QB has 15 seconds to throw.

Even scrubs like Mullen and Arnette can cover for ~2.5 seconds. Get a pass rush and they're more than sufficient.

They'll both get burned to a crisp when the opposing QB has 15 seconds to throw.

Even scrubs like Mullen and Arnette can cover for ~2.5 seconds. Get a pass rush and they're more than sufficient.
    I mean you arent wrong but at the same time Damon Arnette is our oldest DB on our roster expected to be back next season. This group needs a good veteran leader.

Priorities in this order:
    #1-Defensive line We need to go crazy here,maybe cut nassib to get more cap but we need several playmaking linemen through free agency and the draft

#2-Right tackle Brown will probably get cut but either we get a decent one in free agency or we take one in the 1st or 2nd

#3-safety There's a ton of cheap safeties we should take a flier on but in no way do I think they should overspend at this position.

Agholor imo shouldn't be up there we're pretty set at that position.Maybe draft a couple mid rounders.

Offensive Tackle Orlando Brown Jr. Showed he can play Left Tackle when Ronnie Stanley got injured. Just 25 Yrs old & due $3.384M in 2021. Ravens are looking to trade Orlando. He would be a good RT. Defensive line and a FS is priority but if we dump Trent we have to solidify our oline.

Raiders 2021 Early Mock Offseason

Every year I do one or two complete mock offseasons with cuts, signings, draft, and so on. I do my best to try to be accurate as to what I actually see the team doing but obviously has some bias of my own as well. Feel free to let me know your thoughts.

The Raiders finished the 2020 season at 8-8. Plenty of disappointment to go around after another 6-3 start ended in a missed playoff berth. The Raiders need to make some drastic changes if they are going to get into the playoffs next season.

Due to the Pandemic the cap will likely drop for the first time in years. The estimate for this upcoming season is 175M(though some newer reports suggest it could be closer to 185M). The Raiders are currently estimated at 188M in used cap already for next season so cuts will be needed.

Cuts

Tyrell Willaims WR: The Raiders signed Williams with hopes he could be a good WR. Injuries really limited his first two seasons with the Raiders so the Raiders part ways and move on and save 11.6M.

Lamarcus Joyner DB: We could probably debate for hours whether or not Joyner could have been successful if they just played him at safety full time but we will never know. I considered keeping him as he has experience and succeeded under Phillips but the cap opening it too important. 8.7M saved.

Marcus Mariota QB : Having a good back up QB can be important. That said spending 10M on back up is a lot of money especially with how much most other back ups are being paid currently. Save 10.1M *(Some rumors Raiders could trade Mariota as well which would also net the same savings)

Richie Incognito G: Incognito joined the Raiders and had an immediate impact his first year here. Injuries led him to only playing 1 game this year. John Simpson will be taking Incognitos spot this year. Saves 6.35M

Jeff Heath S: Heath had several good games for the Raiders this year but even then he is a replacement level player. Saves 3.15M

Trent Brown T: Now some may say this is obvious but Im really not sure Raiders move on from Brown this offseason. Free agency doesnt really offer an upgrade and do Raiders feel Brandon Parker can replace him. Thats a tough ask. Either way he is gone and saves 14M.

Various bottom of the roster cuts of future contract players signed recently. Saves 9.42M

Resigning

Johnathan Hankins DT( 2 year 6M): Hankins was one of the bright spots in the interior of the defense. Though he may not have the stats to show it, he constantly fought double teams and allowed our other defenders the opportunity to make plays even if they did not often. Hankins is a guy who is easily forgotten by most but makes a difference.

Nathan Peterman(1 year up to 3M) Now this signing is already completed but the exact numbers haven’t been added yet. My estimate is 1 year 2M with 1M in incentives so only 2M off the cap.

Takkarist McKinley(1 year 3M) McKinley never really got a chance to show off with the Raiders. Raiders bring back McKinley on a reasonable prove it deal.

RFA/ERFA resigning:

Trent Sieg, Daniel Carlson, Dallin Leavitt, and Kendal Vickers. All players will be given contract offers and will be back for the Raiders next season. Estimated total for all 4 will be around 4M.

Potential other resignings:

Denzelle Good: I believe Raiders go Jon Simpson for LG this season. Should Raiders decide they need the veteran at the position or if Raiders decide to part with Gabe Jackson then Good would likely be brought back.

Nicholas Morrow: Morrow improved during the season and is a LB that could fit Bradleys system. He could be brought back at a reasonable price.

Free Agent Signings:

Marcus Williams: Safety (4 Year 52M): Williams is the best safety this off-season who will likely hit the open market. Williams has shown in the NFL to be one of the best safeties in the league. Would pair well with Abrams as Williams plays the deep ball well.

Richard Sherman: CB (1 year 7M): Gruden hinted in a podcast with Sherman recently that he was looking for a vet alpha dog in the secondary. Though Williams is the better player at this point Sherman is the leader our defense needs. Someone who is willing to call out players on their mistakes and keep others accountable.

Melvin Ingram: Edge( 4 year 56M): Bradley brings over a familiar face from the Chargers. Ingram gives a veteran pass rusher who can take pressure off of Ferrell and Crosby.

John Ross: WR (1 year Vet min): Gruden has made it known he wants to create his own version of the Chiefs WR core. After letting Agholor walk in this mock offseason, Raiders replace him with another 1st round bust who can be a deep threat. Maybe Raiders strike hot twice with WR projects.

Tyrell Williams: WR ( 1 year 2M): After being cut Williams options for this season will be limited. I do believe returning to the Raiders on a much smaller contract is something Raiders would be interested in.

NFL Draft

1st round. Raiders start the 1st round by trading up in the draft. Raiders Trade 1st(17), 3rd(80) 3rd 2022 for 1st(11), 5th.

1st(11): Micah Parsons, LB Penn State
    Now I have seen the occasional mock have Parsons fall but I dont see it happening. Moving up and acquiring a top tier talent like Parsons would really bring our front 7 to the next level. Parsons is the best LB in the class and fits in every front. Excels as a blitzing LB while being a great run stuffer. He needs to improve some as a coverage backer but will has the ability to be a complete LB at the next level.

2nd: Daviyon Nixon, DT Iowa
    Nixon is still rare as a DT but as a 3T Nixon has a very strong burst and first step from the interior. Although Baramore is a more complete DT today Nixon has greater upside in my opinion. Nixon would fit well in the interior and could be our primary interior rusher.

4th: Brady Christensen, T BYU
    With cutting Brown Raiders options at RT are limited this season. Parker showed flashes last season but unsure if he can be the long term RT. Brady gives the Raiders competition for him at RT as well as giving the Raiders a swing tackle back up out of whoever loses the RT job.

5th: Chuba Hubbard, RB Oklahoma State
    Raiders need a #2 RB. Hubbard has fallen down draft boards all season and being projected as a 4th/5th guy. Hubbard would pair well with Jacobs and give the Raiders a 1 / 2 punch at RB.

5th: Reed Blankenship, S Middle Tennessee
    Raiders address the open starting S position in free agency but depth is needed.

7th: Sam Ehlinger, QB Texas
    With Mariota gone and Peterman moving to the #2 QB spot Gruden finds his #3 QB he likes to roster. Ehlinger has some NFL tools but never really put it together in college. Maybe with a few years under Gruden he can develop into a reasonable back up QB.

Raiders Roster:

QB: Derek Carr/ Nathan Peterman / Sam Ehlinger
    RB Josh Jacobs / Chuba Hubbard / Jalen Richard
    FB: Alec Ingold
    WR: Henry Ruggs III / John Ross III
    WR: Bryan Edwards / Tyrell Williams / Keelen Doss
    Slot: Hunter Renfrow
    TE: Darren Waller / Foster Moreau / Nick Bowers
    LT: Kolton Miller /
    LG: Jon Simpson / Kamaal Seymour
    C: Rodney Hudson / Andre James
    RG: Gabe Jackson
    RT: Brandon Parker / Brady Christensen

LE: Maxx Crosby / Takkarist McKinley / Arden Key
    DT: Daviyon Nixon / Kendal Vickers
    DT: Maurice Hurst
    NT: Jonathan Hankins
    RE: Melvin Ingram / Clelin Ferrell / Carl Nassib

WLB: Cory Litteton / Tanner Muse
    MLB: Nick Kwiatoski / Javin White
    SLB: Micah Parsons /

CB: Richard Sherman / Keisean Nixon
    CB: Trayvon Mullen / Damon Arnette
    Slot CB: Amik Robertson / Isaiah Johnson

FS: Marcus Williams / Reed Blankenship
    SS: Jonathan Abram / Dallin Leavitt

P: AJ Cole
    K: Daniel Carlson
    LS: Trent Sieg

This puts the roster at 52/53 with 1 spots for a UDFA rookie that will likely make the team. Overall I tried to be realistic in what a full off-season could look like. Feel free to debate all you want. Just wanted to put something together for discussion.

Raiders 2021 Early Mock Offseason

Every year I do one or two complete mock offseasons with cuts, signings, draft, and so on. I do my best to try to be accurate as to what I actually see the team doing but obviously has some bias of my own as well. Feel free to let me know your thoughts.

The Raiders finished the 2020 season at 8-8. Plenty of disappointment to go around after another 6-3 start ended in a missed playoff berth. The Raiders need to make some drastic changes if they are going to get into the playoffs next season.

Due to the Pandemic the cap will likely drop for the first time in years. The estimate for this upcoming season is 175M(though some newer reports suggest it could be closer to 185M). The Raiders are currently estimated at 188M in used cap already for next season so cuts will be needed.

Cuts

Tyrell Willaims WR: The Raiders signed Williams with hopes he could be a good WR. Injuries really limited his first two seasons with the Raiders so the Raiders part ways and move on and save 11.6M.

Lamarcus Joyner DB: We could probably debate for hours whether or not Joyner could have been successful if they just played him at safety full time but we will never know. I considered keeping him as he has experience and succeeded under Phillips but the cap opening it too important. 8.7M saved.

Marcus Mariota QB : Having a good back up QB can be important. That said spending 10M on back up is a lot of money especially with how much most other back ups are being paid currently. Save 10.1M *(Some rumors Raiders could trade Mariota as well which would also net the same savings)

Richie Incognito G: Incognito joined the Raiders and had an immediate impact his first year here. Injuries led him to only playing 1 game this year. John Simpson will be taking Incognitos spot this year. Saves 6.35M

Jeff Heath S: Heath had several good games for the Raiders this year but even then he is a replacement level player. Saves 3.15M

Trent Brown T: Now some may say this is obvious but Im really not sure Raiders move on from Brown this offseason. Free agency doesnt really offer an upgrade and do Raiders feel Brandon Parker can replace him. Thats a tough ask. Either way he is gone and saves 14M.

Various bottom of the roster cuts of future contract players signed recently. Saves 9.42M

Resigning

Johnathan Hankins DT( 2 year 6M): Hankins was one of the bright spots in the interior of the defense. Though he may not have the stats to show it, he constantly fought double teams and allowed our other defenders the opportunity to make plays even if they did not often. Hankins is a guy who is easily forgotten by most but makes a difference.

Nathan Peterman(1 year up to 3M) Now this signing is already completed but the exact numbers haven’t been added yet. My estimate is 1 year 2M with 1M in incentives so only 2M off the cap.

Takkarist McKinley(1 year 3M) McKinley never really got a chance to show off with the Raiders. Raiders bring back McKinley on a reasonable prove it deal.

RFA/ERFA resigning:

Trent Sieg, Daniel Carlson, Dallin Leavitt, and Kendal Vickers. All players will be given contract offers and will be back for the Raiders next season. Estimated total for all 4 will be around 4M.

Potential other resignings:

Denzelle Good: I believe Raiders go Jon Simpson for LG this season. Should Raiders decide they need the veteran at the position or if Raiders decide to part with Gabe Jackson then Good would likely be brought back.

Nicholas Morrow: Morrow improved during the season and is a LB that could fit Bradleys system. He could be brought back at a reasonable price.

Free Agent Signings:

Marcus Williams: Safety (4 Year 52M): Williams is the best safety this off-season who will likely hit the open market. Williams has shown in the NFL to be one of the best safeties in the league. Would pair well with Abrams as Williams plays the deep ball well.

Richard Sherman: CB (1 year 7M): Gruden hinted in a podcast with Sherman recently that he was looking for a vet alpha dog in the secondary. Though Williams is the better player at this point Sherman is the leader our defense needs. Someone who is willing to call out players on their mistakes and keep others accountable.

Melvin Ingram: Edge( 4 year 56M): Bradley brings over a familiar face from the Chargers. Ingram gives a veteran pass rusher who can take pressure off of Ferrell and Crosby.

John Ross: WR (1 year Vet min): Gruden has made it known he wants to create his own version of the Chiefs WR core. After letting Agholor walk in this mock offseason, Raiders replace him with another 1st round bust who can be a deep threat. Maybe Raiders strike hot twice with WR projects.

Tyrell Williams: WR ( 1 year 2M): After being cut Williams options for this season will be limited. I do believe returning to the Raiders on a much smaller contract is something Raiders would be interested in.

NFL Draft

1st round. Raiders start the 1st round by trading up in the draft. Raiders Trade 1st(17), 3rd(80) 3rd 2022 for 1st(11), 5th.

1st(11): Micah Parsons, LB Penn State
    Now I have seen the occasional mock have Parsons fall but I dont see it happening. Moving up and acquiring a top tier talent like Parsons would really bring our front 7 to the next level. Parsons is the best LB in the class and fits in every front. Excels as a blitzing LB while being a great run stuffer. He needs to improve some as a coverage backer but will has the ability to be a complete LB at the next level.

2nd: Daviyon Nixon, DT Iowa
    Nixon is still rare as a DT but as a 3T Nixon has a very strong burst and first step from the interior. Although Baramore is a more complete DT today Nixon has greater upside in my opinion. Nixon would fit well in the interior and could be our primary interior rusher.

4th: Brady Christensen, T BYU
    With cutting Brown Raiders options at RT are limited this season. Parker showed flashes last season but unsure if he can be the long term RT. Brady gives the Raiders competition for him at RT as well as giving the Raiders a swing tackle back up out of whoever loses the RT job.

5th: Chuba Hubbard, RB Oklahoma State
    Raiders need a #2 RB. Hubbard has fallen down draft boards all season and being projected as a 4th/5th guy. Hubbard would pair well with Jacobs and give the Raiders a 1 / 2 punch at RB.

5th: Reed Blankenship, S Middle Tennessee
    Raiders address the open starting S position in free agency but depth is needed.

7th: Sam Ehlinger, QB Texas
    With Mariota gone and Peterman moving to the #2 QB spot Gruden finds his #3 QB he likes to roster. Ehlinger has some NFL tools but never really put it together in college. Maybe with a few years under Gruden he can develop into a reasonable back up QB.

Raiders Roster:

QB: Derek Carr/ Nathan Peterman / Sam Ehlinger
    RB Josh Jacobs / Chuba Hubbard / Jalen Richard
    FB: Alec Ingold
    WR: Henry Ruggs III / John Ross III
    WR: Bryan Edwards / Tyrell Williams / Keelen Doss
    Slot: Hunter Renfrow
    TE: Darren Waller / Foster Moreau / Nick Bowers
    LT: Kolton Miller /
    LG: Jon Simpson / Kamaal Seymour
    C: Rodney Hudson / Andre James
    RG: Gabe Jackson
    RT: Brandon Parker / Brady Christensen

LE: Maxx Crosby / Takkarist McKinley / Arden Key
    DT: Daviyon Nixon / Kendal Vickers
    DT: Maurice Hurst
    NT: Jonathan Hankins
    RE: Melvin Ingram / Clelin Ferrell / Carl Nassib

WLB: Cory Litteton / Tanner Muse
    MLB: Nick Kwiatoski / Javin White
    SLB: Micah Parsons /

CB: Richard Sherman / Keisean Nixon
    CB: Trayvon Mullen / Damon Arnette
    Slot CB: Amik Robertson / Isaiah Johnson

FS: Marcus Williams / Reed Blankenship
    SS: Jonathan Abram / Dallin Leavitt

P: AJ Cole
    K: Daniel Carlson
    LS: Trent Sieg

This puts the roster at 52/53 with 1 spots for a UDFA rookie that will likely make the team. Overall I tried to be realistic in what a full off-season could look like. Feel free to debate all you want. Just wanted to put something together for discussion.
    So,most of the money goes to the safety position and a 32 year old melvin ingram that is dealing with injuries? Hard pass.

The safety position isn't all that anymore and if we were smart we won't overspend at that position.Melvin I do like but at 32 he's probably not even looking for a big payday plus he's coming off an injury.
    2019 NFL MOCK DRAFT!!!
    Pick #4 Josh allen edge rusher kentucky
    Pick #24 deandre baker cornerback georgia
    Pick #27 noah fant tight end iowa
    Pick #35 mack wilson ilb alabama

Tony "el cucuy" ferguson