Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 214 of 227 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 3395
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    YeahÖ mayock was hired because he was a draft expert.

Let that sink in, haha.

If he is let go, there should be no complaints. Mayockís career rests in the hands of Bradley. Bradley needs to make those picks look close to what mayock thought they were.
    We definitely need Gus to uphold his end of the bargain. But our #1 draft pick this year was a player on the offense and these last couple of years we drafted some guys for the offense who also need to show up and show out. Those young receivers need to play up to expectations, or this offense will struggle to get to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    Mayock is a GM in name only, IMO. Chuckles is the one ultimately making the choices. Look at how putrid Tampaís drafts were under his watch. Same putrid drafts.
    Yep. And that's the other reason why you fire Mayock. Jon has turned the Raiders into his personal cub scout unit. It's fine if we start winning regularly, but another mediocre season and Mark will need to shake things up and start acting like an owner who wants to win Super Bowls, not a Gruden fan boy who gets fluttery butterflies and all moist inside whenever he sees Jon scowl at the camera.

This team has to start posting more winning seasons and, eventually, playoff runs. I might not be above ground when that happens, but I hope for the rest of the Nation those "better days ahead" begin this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Yep. And that's the other reason why you fire Mayock. Jon has turned the Raiders into his personal cub scout unit. It's fine if we start winning regularly, but another mediocre season and Mark will need to shake things up and start acting like an owner who wants to win Super Bowls, not a Gruden fan boy who gets fluttery butterflies and all moist inside whenever he sees Jon scowl at the camera.

This team has to start posting more winning seasons and, eventually, playoff runs. I might not be above ground when that happens, but I hope for the rest of the Nation those "better days ahead" begin this year.
    Iím in favor of firing Chuckles and keeping Mayock.

This guy has to be the pick if heís available.

Iím the president of the Christian Barmore fanclub.

We definitely need Gus to uphold his end of the bargain. But our #1 draft pick this year was a player on the offense and these last couple of years we drafted some guys for the offense who also need to show up and show out. Those young receivers need to play up to expectations, or this offense will struggle to get to the next level.
    I donít think the pressure will be on leatherwood this year- heíll probably be given a year like Miller. And jacobs has already proven to be at least a solid pick. So on the offensive side, the WRs are the only ones who need to prove themselves.

Either way, the offense should be solid again. The additions of brown and drake will help balance out OL issues.

The crazy thing to think about is where would this team be without wallerÖ heís probably the best addition weíve had. And he wasnít even a draft pick.

Iím with you here...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

We were all giddy when they brought in Guenther.....and we know how that turned out. I'll wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    We were all giddy when they brought in Guenther.....and we know how that turned out. I'll wait and see.
    When you look back at Raider staff and coaches from the last twenty or so years you see a lot of people that were lauded before they arrived with the Raiders, most were less than average in leading us. After awhile you just have to marvel at it and ask yourself ďWhat happened?Ē

During Alís leadership he was never shy about running guys off when they underperformed, sometimes not so much by their own ineptitude but from the constrictions that Al installed.

Now post AD we seem to let this ineptitude linger, enduring this constant state of rebuilding. When we finally decide to change course we purge everything and everyone without regard to any sort of longterm plan rendering otherwise valuable talent moot and worthless.

Never thought I would say this but I miss a fifty year old Al...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Gruden's contract probably precludes firing him. Clipping Mayock is the only recourse that Mark has that doesn't involve him being in breach of what I understand is a very ironclad contract.

Someone has to take the fall. Can't fire Gus -- unless the defense looks epically worse than last year. Can't fire Gruden. Mark's not going to fire himself. That leaves Mayock.

Maybe Mark continues to play Mr. Nice Guy and merely demotes Mayock. But you have to shake things up, if the Raiders take a step back this season.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Agreed. We were even highly optimistic about most of the FA acquisitions made that we thought would change the defense's fortunes last year. Man, it sucks to be wrong.

And just because it never gets old...

Chris Roling of Bleacher Report thinks the Raiders should pry Aaron Rodgers from Green Bay with two 1st-Round picks (2022, 2023), plus a 2nd-Round pick in 2022 as the "conversation starter" of a potentially much larger deal that might include Carr.

Ok, which one of you sold Chris a bad batch of Ghost OG? He's clearly hallucinating, if he thinks Gruden is going to go all out for AR.

Gruden's contract probably precludes firing him. Clipping Mayock is the only recourse that Mark has that doesn't involve him being in breach of what I understand is a very ironclad contract.

Someone has to take the fall. Can't fire Gus -- unless the defense looks epically worse than last year. Can't fire Gruden. Mark's not going to fire himself. That leaves Mayock.

Maybe Mark continues to play Mr. Nice Guy and merely demotes Mayock. But you have to shake things up, if the Raiders take a step back this season.
    I understand the logic and think thatís the way it shakes out after this 5-6 win season. But firing the wrong guy doesnít make the team better down the road. I want to see Mayock as a true GM with a HC that doesnít meddle in his drafts. That way if the drafts donít improve under his watch, then we know he stinks too.

This guy has to be the pick if heís available.

Iím the president of the Christian Barmore fanclub.

The reason I said itís not necessarily fair to fire Mayock has already been stated and itís well known. This is Grudenís team, heís in charge, he builds the roster, he has final say. And since he is going nowhere, firing Mayock wonít do anything, as he next guy will just be another glorified scout under Gruden.

As for the defense, yeah Gunther sucked but come on fellasÖ.how many impact players do we have? The talent just isnít there, and itís reprehensible given how much weíve spent in free agency and draft picks. Bradley can only do so much, there isnít much reason to think weíll be able to field a unit ranked 14th-17th overall.

https://twitter.com/kayvonwebster/st...41566666076173

CB Kayvon Webster has a public workout with Raiders expected to be in attendance

Boy this off season feels long. Iím tired of all the talk and hype. Time for Gruden and team to deliver. Winning record and ideally Playoffs. Itís time.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Boy this off season feels long. Iím tired of all the talk and hype. Time for Gruden and team to deliver. Winning record and ideally Playoffs. Itís time.
    I think it's probably why I hate the spring and summer so much. Both are just reminders that football is months and months and months away. Guess I'll go outside and toss footballs in a garbage can. Sucks.