Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 213 of 227 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3395
    Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    Hearing reports, Gus is not happy with Littleton. I wonder if they will make a move. And when do we cut Lawson. Such a waste
    Some of those same reports have Lawson penciled in at starting slot for the moment.

Hearing reports, Gus is not happy with Littleton. I wonder if they will make a move. And when do we cut Lawson. Such a waste
    I was never impressed with Littleton. I think Lawson gets one more chance......this year.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    If Carr gas the same year as last year. and they don't make the playoffs....do you pay him top 5?
    The QB market is a funny business. Is Dak Prescott really worth the money he's getting paid? Some say yes, others say otherwise.

What I do know is if the Raiders don't make the playoffs this year, the writing will be on the wall. Gruden will need to change things in a drastic way to save what's left of his legacy. That means getting something for Carr via trade while he still has value.

And who knows, maybe that's the best thing for Carr? After all Gannon had to leave KC in order to realize his true potential.

What did you hear?

There was an article which mentioned Littleton and Bradley… but never mentioned being unhappy with him.

“I’ve been impressed with his speed. He’s a very skilled linebacker,” Bradley said of Littleton. “One of the things is his physical nature, that’s the things we’re looking at right now and challenging him on. He has it in him. What I think’s great about Cory is the match-ups he allows us to have. He’s really a skilled cover guy. . . I think the other thing we see with him is he’s really a good edge setter. I think he has the ability to maybe to be more of an outside linebacker for us too.”

Basically… this article said they are impressed with his athleticism and are challenging him to play like he did with the rams. Pretty much sets a high bar of expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Basically… this article said they are impressed with his athleticism and are challenging him to play like he did with the rams. Pretty much sets a high bar of expectations.
    I always worry when teams have those kinds of expectations. Some of those Rams defenses had ballers that help make a LBs job easier. It also tends to make players look much better than they actually are. We'll have to see if Littleton is up to the task this season...although part of me thinks the team has already made up its mind and is just giving CL one last chance to turn it around.

According to Vic Tafur, after observing practices and talking to people in the building, Damon Arnette has “become an afterthought.”

I suspect if we struggle again and miss the playoffs, Mayock might be gone. It’s not fair and wouldn’t solve anything since Gruden is going nowhere, but someone has to fall on the sword for repeated personnel errors MM is most likely IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    According to Vic Tafur, after observing practices and talking to people in the building, Damon Arnette has “become an afterthought.”

I suspect if we struggle again and miss the playoffs, Mayock might be gone. It’s not fair and wouldn’t solve anything since Gruden is going nowhere, but someone has to fall on the sword for repeated personnel errors MM is most likely IMO.
    Well, I boo hissed the pick as soon as I found out they drafted him. You just don’t draft guys on the verge of social security in the first. In all seriousness, drafting a 24 y/o CB in the first is just plain dumb.

This guy has to be the pick if he’s available.

I’m the president of the Christian Barmore fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    Well, I boo hissed the pick as soon as I found out they drafted him. You just don’t draft guys on the verge of social security in the first. In all seriousness, drafting a 24 y/o CB in the first is just plain dumb.
    I saw another tweet saying the 5 drafts from 2016-2020 we spent more 1st and 2nd round picks on defensive backs than any other team. And yet we continue to have arguably the leagues worst pass defense each year. I don’t want to hear people blaming the pass rush for this either, we just can’t identify talent, period. We do the same crap year after year, reach for prospects that have no business getting drafted that high, and it’s inexcusable.

I saw another tweet saying the 5 drafts from 2016-2020 we spent more 1st and 2nd round picks on defensive backs than any other team. And yet we continue to have arguably the leagues worst pass defense each year. I don’t want to hear people blaming the pass rush for this either, we just can’t identify talent, period. We do the same crap year after year, reach for prospects that have no business getting drafted that high, and it’s inexcusable.

Well.....look who was coaching the D for those years. Although to play devil's advocate, just about every team that scored high in pass D had a decent pass rush. Frankly we had neither in all those years.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I always worry when teams have those kinds of expectations. Some of those Rams defenses had ballers that help make a LBs job easier. It also tends to make players look much better than they actually are. We'll have to see if Littleton is up to the task this season...although part of me thinks the team has already made up its mind and is just giving CL one last chance to turn it around.
    Although we did have mack on our team, and he didn’t help other players look better. I think Bradley looks at the talent on our team and thinks he can make them perform much better. We do have some talented players, just most of them have been underperforming. So I think he’s actually looking at Littleton and sees a player that can be a key contributor.

Fair?????

Mayock was gifted the job of GM of a professional football team without having any front office experience of any kind, or for that matter, any coaching experience at the professional level. As a player, he has 1-2 years of experience at this level in an unremarkable career. Putting it kindly, he didn't even last as long as most scrubs on a rookie contract. When Mayock accepted the job as Raiders GM, he walked onto a team with decent cap space and an unprecedented number of assets in terms of players and draft picks. It was a plum job and he's had every chance to succeed.

If the Raiders go belly up this year, you absolutely fire Mayock. That is the fair thing to do.

And then you call Jon Gruden into your office and remind him that you are the slightly twisted son of Al Davis and the Chinese don't even have enough hells to describe what will happen to Jon if he doesn't agree to rework his contract. He can stay on as HC, but it's a year by year deal and he only gets paid at the end of the season... if the team has a winning record. If not, he doesn't earn a dime. And oh, by the way, Mark reserves the right to fire him at any time during said season, if he's not satisfied with any facet of the coaching staff's or the team's performance. That sounds fair to me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Although we did have mack on our team, and he didn’t help other players look better.
    That's not quite true. If your top guy is the league Defensive MVP, it means he's being more than a little disruptive and everyone that plays with him is benefitting in some way. His sacks mean your safeties and corners aren't getting roasted. His tackles for loss means your LBs are staying fresh. His double teams means someone else on your line -- say a Bruce Irvin or someone like that -- is getting one on one and a chance to make plays.

But this is not about Mack. Go look at that Rams defense. It was more than Aaron Donald. CL did well, because he had a good group around him. Until we see similar or better production from him as a Raider, I'm going to doubt his skills and value.

Yeah… mayock was hired because he was a draft expert.

Let that sink in, haha.

If he is let go, there should be no complaints. Mayock’s career rests in the hands of Bradley. Bradley needs to make those picks look close to what mayock thought they were.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Fair?????

Mayock was gifted the job of GM of a professional football team without having any front office experience of any kind, or for that matter, any coaching experience at the professional level. As a player, he has 1-2 years of experience at this level in an unremarkable career. Putting it kindly, he didn't even last as long as most scrubs on a rookie contract. When Mayock accepted the job as Raiders GM, he walked onto a team with decent cap space and an unprecedented number of assets in terms of players and draft picks. It was a plum job and he's had every chance to succeed.

If the Raiders go belly up this year, you absolutely fire Mayock. That is the fair thing to do.

And then you call Jon Gruden into your office and remind him that you are the slightly twisted son of Al Davis and the Chinese don't even have enough hells to describe what will happen to Jon if he doesn't agree to rework his contract. He can stay on as HC, but it's a year by year deal and he only gets paid at the end of the season... if the team has a winning record. If not, he doesn't earn a dime. And oh, by the way, Mark reserves the right to fire him at any time during said season, if he's not satisfied with any facet of the coaching staff's or the team's performance. That sounds fair to me, too.
    Mayock is a GM in name only, IMO. Chuckles is the one ultimately making the choices. Look at how putrid Tampa’s drafts were under his watch. Same putrid drafts.