Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Yes, Abram needs to cover. Joyner needs to restructure.

Has anyone looked at the amount of picks / signings the Raiders have thrown at the defense?

I believe itís quite possible the Raider defensive issues were coaching related.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Yes, Abram needs to cover. Joyner needs to restructure.

Has anyone looked at the amount of picks / signings the Raiders have thrown at the defense?

I believe itís quite possible the Raider defensive issues were coaching related.
    There is no doubt coaching has been slim to none. It appears Guenther's playbook and scheme was WAY to complicated.

That said there has been many on the roster with little to no talent for the NFL game. I appreciate all who play for and wear the laundry, but we always seem to be lacking when it comes to talent on defense and don't particularly draft well.

Mack and maybe Kolton Miller are the only players we have selected in the 1st round that play to their draft position in forever! Some might include Jacobs, but he probably would have fell to the second round. Henry? second. Kamara? third. Dalvin Cook? second! Jacobs has been solid, but not first round worthy IMO. None of our defensive drafts other than Mack have made any significant impact. Carrie was a nice surprise in the 7t round, but was never going to be the next probowl CB.

Hopefully better coaching will get our young DB's playing better. We have Abrams, Arnette, Mullens, Johnson & Robertson. They really need to make the next step in their game.

I would really really REALLY like to draft a superior LB for once! Mack was a LB, but we primarily drafted him for pass rush duty.

Fingers crossed we makes some better moves this off season to improve the D side of the ball and not fall off much or any on the O side.

This defense needs veterans like suh and sherman and even thomas so these young guys can learn from these nasty mfers.

If we could land us a couple who accept vet minimum deals It could work out.

No decent vet will take a minimum deal to play for the Raiders. Youíre high man!!! Vets take discounts sometimes to win a ring. So itís not happening in Vegas.

I said I was told by an NFL member of team management that, "I'm hearing Raiders will do a deal with Agholor for 2 years $15 million." I didn't say done yet. Thank you.

https://twitter.com/HondoCarpenter/s...30588676386816

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    I said I was told by an NFL member of team management that, "I'm hearing Raiders will do a deal with Agholor for 2 years $15 million." I didn't say done yet. Thank you.

https://twitter.com/HondoCarpenter/s...30588676386816
    Holy smokes thats cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Holy smokes thats cheap
    If he actually agrees to that deal I like it. Can cut Williams and get Agholor for 4M less a year

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    This wouldn't be a fan favorite, But I would love to move Abrams for Q Williams even if it would cost us a 3rd at most.. Then 2 new safties..
    I would like it. But the jets would have to be on crack to take that trade.

I donít know if some out there realize what the guys hire means defensively. So for those who donít know.

He runs a cover 3 d(runs it 51 percent of the plays in his career). What this means to us is the d needs a FS that can cover big time. Which means Abrams is going to be down in the box a lot. He doesnít blitz that much. He creates pressure with front 4. Our cbs are going to play a lot of zone. So we have to upgrade everywhere on the d line.

So I think we need these positions badly:
    A 3 tech Dt
    A passrushing DE
    An amazing FS!!!!!!
    And a good SLB

Btw we still need a #1 wr(possibly agholor). And need a rt.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    This defense needs veterans like suh and sherman and even thomas so these young guys can learn from these nasty mfers.

Sherman would fit our scheme. He is one of the best zone cover cbs in the last 20 years

If he actually agrees to that deal I like it. Can cut Williams and get Agholor for 4M less a year
    I like that

I think he will get closer to 10M a year
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    I think he will get closer to 10M a year
    If he gets 10 mil it better not be from the Raiders. I like him, but we have plenty of receivers and need to spend on fixing the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    If he gets 10 mil it better not be from the Raiders. I like him, but we have plenty of receivers and need to spend on fixing the defense.
    It depends on how smart Agholor and his agent are. If we think $7.5m/yr is a "cheap" deal, then they must also think it, too. Wait and get a feel for the market first. See if someone offers more. I'm not saying this is his last contract, but it may be the last time he'll see big numbers thrown his way. He needs to make the most of it.

And you're right, once the numbers get out of hand, Raiders need to walk away from the table.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post

No, this defense doesn't need over priced headcases on the field. Though, I will admit you did back up your post by saying for "vet minimum". That's not going to happen. Sherman is heady. Out of the 3 mentioned, I like him the most...But Sherman is also older now.

What we need is a SOLID defensive draft with ZERO reaches. We need players that want to play for the Raiders.

We need Edge Rushers and Linebackers and a safety.

We need to cut the fat. Trent Brown, I'm looking at you.

We need to ditch the collosal contracts for players that don't play, or, don't play to the size of their contracts...

Again...Trent Brown, Tyrell Williams, (The CB we picked up from the LA Rams- I forgot his name. Shame on me). Sadly, I'd even cut or rework Incognito's contract.

That frees up some money to plug some holes on defense and gives the opportunity to guys ready to step into the spotlight. Guys like John Simpson and Amik Robertson who essentially redshirted their rookie season.

We do, ohhh so desperately, need a havoc wreaking DT. I'd like one of those on a rookie deal and through the draft. But we have some many holes on defense that we should stick to the "Best Player Available" mold to avoid overreaching...Again...

Leonard Williams would be nice, but that's a pipe dream and he'd cost way too much. A trade for Quinen Williams would be awesome.

Draft, draft, draft! Let's nail this thing to set ourselves up for the long haul.

We rarely hit in FA...
    Last edited by slvr&blck760; 01-14-2021 at 02:26 PM.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast