Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 73 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    The more I look at statistics from 2020, the more confident I am that Clelin Ferrell is going to have a "breakout" year in 2021.

All-Pro Khalil Mack had 9 sacks, 30 pressures and 13 QB hits in 2020. He had 50 tackles, 29 of them solo, and 11 TFL.

"SUPER BUST" Clelin Ferrell had 2 sacks, 19 pressures and 10 QB hits in 2020. He had 27 tackles, 18 of them solo, and 3 TFL.

While Ferrell's numbers aren't as good as Mack's (obviously), it's important to note that Mack only played in 10 games, as he left the Indy game early.

The top-line sack numbers aside, Cle was ranked the #18 DE in the NFL last year by PFF. As you can see, he's not far off from being an impact player on defense.

Ferrell gets a lot of critism cause he is the replacement for Mack, I like him a lot. One thing about Gruden is he doesn't look over the defense. He places a lot of control to the coordinator. And from some reports PG was not very good with game planning or teaching what he wants. Bradley excells at this. You don't need to have a complicated defense. Just one that everyone does their job. Meaning stick to your gaps and tackle, Simple as that. DBs will be taught zones and coverages from one of the best. I would of preferred to move Marinelli to maybe assistant coach or something, And get someone else for the dline.

Hopefully he can mold Abrams into Darwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    The more I look at statistics from 2020, the more confident I am that Clelin Ferrell is going to have a "breakout" year in 2021.

All-Pro Khalil Mack had 9 sacks, 30 pressures and 13 QB hits in 2020. He had 50 tackles, 29 of them solo, and 11 TFL.

"SUPER BUST" Clelin Ferrell had 2 sacks, 19 pressures and 10 QB hits in 2020. He had 27 tackles, 18 of them solo, and 3 TFL.

While Ferrell's numbers aren't as good as Mack's (obviously), it's important to note that Mack only played in 10 games, as he left the Indy game early.

The top-line sack numbers aside, Cle was ranked the #18 DE in the NFL last year by PFF. As you can see, he's not far off from being an impact player on defense.
    Also don't forget Ferrell was just warming up when he injured his shoulder and didn't play the last few games.

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

If we are running a cover 3 d now, we are going to need a good fs. It is probably the most important slot on the cover 3 d. Close second being de.

Thinking Anthony Harris through fa. I think he had 6 ints this year.

Another thing to note is that Ferrell is the same age in year 2 as Mack was in year 1. A comparison of age-23 seasons would be interesting. Yeah, we'd have liked the next superstar DL right out the gate, but he's on a good trajectory.

And honestly as good as Mack is ... he's already clearly not as good as he was a few years ago, and he turns 30 in a few weeks. I don't think he's suddenly going to return to being a 15 sack monster.

Well ima do a quick check on FAs from the chargers, Most likely they will be the first to be brought over cause they know the system.

Melvin Ingram OLB.....32
    Denzel Perryman ILB.....28
    Michael Davis CB...26
    Damon Square DT...32
    Jahleel Addae SS...31
    Jaylen Watkins CB...29
    Rayshawn Jenkins S...27

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    Ferrell gets a lot of critism cause he is the replacement for Mack, I like him a lot. One thing about Gruden is he doesn't look over the defense. He places a lot of control to the coordinator. And from some reports PG was not very good with game planning or teaching what he wants. Bradley excells at this. You don't need to have a complicated defense. Just one that everyone does their job. Meaning stick to your gaps and tackle, Simple as that. DBs will be taught zones and coverages from one of the best. I would of preferred to move Marinelli to maybe assistant coach or something, And get someone else for the dline.

Hopefully he can mold Abrams into Darwin.
    I have watched Darwin James since he got to FSU and Abrams is not the athlete the Darwin is. Abrams will have to become a more cerebral player in that position and it requires that review more film so that he can diagnosis plays and routes better. Hopefully GB will work on that part.

This wouldn't be a fan favorite, But I would love to move Abrams for Q Williams even if it would cost us a 3rd at most.. Then 2 new safties..

Well ima do a quick check on FAs from the chargers, Most likely they will be the first to be brought over cause they know the system.

Melvin Ingram OLB.....32
    Denzel Perryman ILB.....28
    Michael Davis CB...26
    Damon Square DT...32
    Jahleel Addae SS...31
    Jaylen Watkins CB...29
    Rayshawn Jenkins S...27
    My biggest concern is we haven't had the best luck with FA signings.

Ingram or Von Miller will be looking for Mack money so signing a top tier pass rusher is going to hurt. A lot! With no guarantee in the investment.

We probably need to focus on drafting and bringing in 2nd or 3rd tier FA's for depth. Not the best plan, but with our FA record it might be the better option.

This wouldn't be a fan favorite, But I would love to move Abrams for Q Williams even if it would cost us a 3rd at most.. Then 2 new safties..
    While I'd love to have Q Williams, that deal ain't happening.

Hey, here's a crazy thought: why not just move LaMarcus Joyner to FS! You know... the position that got him paid $11.2M when he was in Los Angeles? The position that he excelled at, netting him a 90.3 grade from PFF? You know... his best position?

How stupid is this organization, seriously? Move Joyner from slot CB --> FS, keep Abram as a box - SS and find a 3rd CB.

Playing Abram in the box is not going to help him much. Its not like Im 2004 when Roy Williams was considered a good safety. Abram would still have to cover people and Im not sure he could cover RBs like even Richard, much less TEs like Kelce and Waller.

I could see it now... Abram getting faked out on draws, screens, options, and jukes bc hes trying to hit stick everyone on every play.

He needs to improve his play recognition, awareness, and fundamentals.

While I'd love to have Q Williams, that deal ain't happening.

Hey, here's a crazy thought: why not just move LaMarcus Joyner to FS! You know... the position that got him paid $11.2M when he was in Los Angeles? The position that he excelled at, netting him a 90.3 grade from PFF? You know... his best position?

How stupid is this organization, seriously? Move Joyner from slot CB --> FS, keep Abram as a box - SS and find a 3rd CB.
    Well with some hope Marinelli did use Joyner at FS the last game.

Joyner needs to restructure or we need to cut him. I'd like to keep him if he was open to adjusting his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    Playing Abram in the box is not going to help him much. Its not like Im 2004 when Roy Williams was considered a good safety. Abram would still have to cover people and Im not sure he could cover RBs like even Richard, much less TEs like Kelce and Waller.

I could see it now... Abram getting faked out on draws, screens, options, and jukes bc hes trying to hit stick everyone on every play.

He needs to improve his play recognition, awareness, and fundamentals.
    No one thought you were 2004, mberr and what is wrong with good ol' Even Richard?

According to the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES), 21 percent of adults in the United States (about 43 million) fall into the illiterate/functionally illiterate category. (Apr 29, 2020)
    Do not make this percentage any higher brother.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Page 18 of 73 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast