Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 2868
    Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    NFLTradeRumors.co
    @nfltrade_rumors
    Raiders Working Out CB Lenzy Pipkins https://bit.ly/3diiEAg
    This move shows how desperate they are.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    This move shows how desperate they are.
    I mean I dont get how that means they are desperate. Nothing wrong with working out various players. YOu have 90 man roster to start. Plus working out various players is good for the regular season if injuries occur to have a list of already worked out players.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    I mean I dont get how that means they are desperate. Nothing wrong with working out various players. YOu have 90 man roster to start. Plus working out various players is good for the regular season if injuries occur to have a list of already worked out players.
    This, teams will often workout players and then keep them in mind for injuries during the season.

This, teams will often workout players and then keep them in mind for injuries during the season.
    Yep and with 17 games now, you can best bet we'll be looking for additional help at some point.

corner after corner after corner. How many damns CB's have we drafted or signed past 5+ years that have turned out to be bust??? If we draft another CB before a tackle, olb or DT it shows me Raiders don't know what they are doing and football only consist of throwing the ball to the WR. Let's just ****ing play 11 cb's on defense.

Pipkins is a very physical cb. He could still be a decent nickel.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dyNiJCIqMLc

Looking at the team thus far, are we better than .500? I know there are still moves to be made and there's the draft yet, but do you think this squad has a great chance of having a winning season? What's your gut telling you?

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    corner after corner after corner. How many damns CB's have we drafted or signed past 5+ years that have turned out to be bust??? If we draft another CB before a tackle, olb or DT it shows me Raiders don't know what they are doing and football only consist of throwing the ball to the WR. Let's just ****ing play 11 cb's on defense.
    It's the biggest need out of all the positions you just talked about. So not sure if it is the Raider not knowing...

And it is due diligence, would you rather them not look at anyone? Maybe they are looking at him for FS.... That is our biggest need at this point

NFLTradeRumors.co
    @nfltrade_rumors
    Raiders Working Out CB Lenzy Pipkins https://bit.ly/3diiEAg
    Sounds like a character name from ‘The Wire’

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Looking at the team thus far, are we better than .500? I know there are still moves to be made and there's the draft yet, but do you think this squad has a great chance of having a winning season? What's your gut telling you?
    I think coaching on defense alone makes us better then last year... We have coaches that teach so hoping that helps. Ron Milus and Richard Smith are known for teaching and technique. This should improve our young corners, And hopefully Abram. I think alone this is a +1 win rate. Our depth on the DL is better and if guys can train and come back either from being away from the game or injuries is also a +1 win rate.

Offense, I think we are better, Maybe the Oline seems to be in question, But I think we will run the ball a lot more. I feel the coaching was not happy with our run blocking last year, Hence the change on the oline. Brown is better then NA. Brown hasn't been with a true talented passer in awhile, Be interesting to see him and Carr.

I think even with the harder schedule we are +500.. 10-7 or 11--6

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    I think coaching on defense alone makes us better then last year... We have coaches that teach so hoping that helps. Ron Milus and Richard Smith are known for teaching and technique. This should improve our young corners, And hopefully Abram. I think alone this is a +1 win rate. Our depth on the DL is better and if guys can train and come back either from being away from the game or injuries is also a +1 win rate.

Offense, I think we are better, Maybe the Oline seems to be in question, But I think we will run the ball a lot more. I feel the coaching was not happy with our run blocking last year, Hence the change on the oline. Brown is better then NA. Brown hasn't been with a true talented passer in awhile, Be interesting to see him and Carr.

Boy, there are a lot of "if's" in there. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    We found a pretty decent guy in Mullen. I have high expectations for him this season. Besides, have you seen the offenses we go against in our division alone? If we take a corner in the first I won't be upset, but I would prefer a different position. Every year teams gamble on just about every position. Some kids make it, others do not. I think of all the positions besides kicker or punter. DT in the first wouldn't make me very happy, unless he was the best on the board, then I could learn to like it. We brought in a lot of guys at DT. I want to see if one of them sticks.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by PHIL MAGROIN View Post
    Sounds like a character name from ‘The Wire’
    I was thinking Peaky Blinders.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post

Our defense has to be better. That alone should net two more wins. But like yourself, I think the upcoming season schedule is going to be tougher than last year. Gruden has to get us over the hump, no matter what. Anything less than 10 wins will be a disappointment imho. He gets paid too much to have us slowly creep to mediocrity year in and year out.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I thinks so. IMO, I would do something different than what would be expected.

I would sign Villanueva or Schwartz to play rt for a couple of years. Preferably Villanueva. Hasn’t missed a game in almost 6 years.

Frees us up to get a parsons in the first round(trade up if you have to).

Richie grant in the second. Meinerz in the third. And adebo cb from Stanford.