Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 207 of 220 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3287
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    It could work, but it would take a miracle and cooperation by both Julio and Aaron, i.e., they'd have to be willing to drastically rework their contracts. The Raiders would also need to part with Carr and hope that they got at least two 1st rounders for him, presuming he wasn't part of the deal that brings in Aaron.

But realistically, you're right. It won't work.

First of all, Julio wants to play for a bona fide perennial contender. I know some in the Nation think our Raiders have a good shot this year at making the playoffs, but when you take off the patch and look at this team from the perspective of others around the league, that ain't us.

Secondly, if Aaron has problems dealing with a front office that doesn't make the right moves as he sees it, then he's probably not going to get along with Gruden and Mayock, either. How do you have 5 first round picks and a solid, if not spectacular QB, and not come away with at least one winning season in that span? If Aaron does somehow miraculously land in the Silver and Black, they better hope he gets the Jeopardy job, too. At least that way he'll be too busy in LA to cluster bomb the front office's decisions.
    So we were 8-8 with the 30th ranked d. Last ranked in raiders history last year.

We upgraded at fs and got depth at both fs and ss. Upgraded at de(yannick). Canít argue that. Upgraded at cb with heyward and rasul.
    Upraded slightly at dt with Thomas.

Upgraded at wr(IMO brown is an upgrade. Had 2 1k seasons. Thatís better than what agholor ever did. And got a rt. Got a solid backup rb in drake. How are we not a playoff team?

Las Vegas Raiders@Raiders

We have signed free agent G Parker Ehinger.

In a corresponding move, we have waived S Rashaan Gaulden

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    So we were 8-8 with the 30th ranked d. Last ranked in raiders history last year.

We upgraded at fs and got depth at both fs and ss. Upgraded at de(yannick). Canít argue that. Upgraded at cb with heyward and rasul.

Upgraded at wr(IMO brown is an upgrade. Had 2 1k seasons. Thatís better than what agholor ever did. And got a rt. Got a solid backup rb in drake. How are we not a playoff team?
    Until the team pulls out a winning season, the Raiders will be doubted. Besides, devil's advocate, we're not playing the same teams and competition that we did last year. Each season is its own thing. Maybe the current defense (on paper) is better than last year's. We're all hoping that spells 2-3 more wins this season for us. But the D could also be better than last year, yet we still wind up with a mediocre season. It's ok to be optimistic with this franchise, but I wouldn't bet my paycheck just yet on a playoff appearance.

Looks like reports are saying within 24-48 hours, Julio Jones will be traded to the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Plunkett4HoF View Post
    Looks like reports are saying within 24-48 hours, Julio Jones will be traded to the Titans.
    And for peanuts a 2nd and a 4th. Guess the Raiders really believe in Ruggs and Edwards.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderAce View Post
    And for peanuts a 2nd and a 4th. Guess the Raiders really believe in Ruggs and Edwards.
    Great deal for Tenn.

There is a lot to be excited about Ruggs and Edwards. I would have loved Julio on this team but we just didn't have the cap space. Would have had to move some pieces around to make it work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

I'm sure Mayock or Gruden inquired as due diligence. But in the end, they had no say. Jones stated that he wanted to be moved to a place that is a legit contender and has a strong-armed QB. I think mostly everyone agrees that Carr is the better QB, but that contender thing is a box the Raiders can't check yet. Maybe after this season???

At any rate, it's no big whoop, if the players Mayock drafted develop as expected. If not, then it won't matter. Not even prime Jerry Rice can save this team if our draft picks turn out to be scrubs.

Funny how it all depends on perspective. You say we got a RT... but we lost 3 starters on OL who were really good players. And while the backups who are now starting plated well last year... weíll need them to play well with a rookie RT. And hope injuries donít give us to play to many of the new backups. At best, our OL will only be slightly worse than last year. At worst... our whole offense will suffer. If the OL sucks, carr wonít play as well, and the WRs and RBs will be ineffective. This will be the key to our season.

I do agree that our defense looks improved. But I thought it did last year too. So really, it all comes down to coaching on defense. If Bradley can get our players to play to their potential, we can be a good defensive team. But thatís still an unknown.

Side note- just read that espn has us ranked as the worst offseason in the nfl. Iím guessing they donít think we make the playoffs.

I agree with this.

It wasn't for peanuts, they agreed to pick up his contract. So let them be in cap hell.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Funny how it all depends on perspective. You say we got a RT... but we lost 3 starters on OL who were really good players. And while the backups who are now starting plated well last year... weíll need them to play well with a rookie RT. And hope injuries donít give us to play to many of the new backups. At best, our OL will only be slightly worse than last year. At worst... our whole offense will suffer. If the OL sucks, carr wonít play as well, and the WRs and RBs will be ineffective. This will be the key to our season.

I do agree that our defense looks improved. But I thought it did last year too. So really, it all comes down to coaching on defense. If Bradley can get our players to play to their potential, we can be a good defensive team. But thatís still an unknown.

Side note- just read that espn has us ranked as the worst offseason in the nfl. Iím guessing they donít think we make the playoffs.
    I'll admit that I'm taken aback by the some of the optimism with respect to our Oline. If this was another team that we were evaluating instead of our beloved Raiders, most would likely agree that dismantling its #1 strength and retooling it with mostly second stringers, journeymen and a rookie -- no matter where he was drafted -- puts a huge question mark over that unit. But here people have already dialed that reworked Oline as a non-issue, if not a virtual success. I see it as THE gamble, and Gruden better be right. We all know that Carr is one of the more fragile QBs in the league.

As for ESPN, I'm not surprised. It wouldn't surprise me if the Vegas odds of the Raiders going to the Super Bowl were a tick below impossible.

But it's Jon's job to prove them wrong. 17 games represents plenty of opportunities to change hearts and minds. Hopefully, the 2021 Raiders do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I'll admit that I'm taken aback by the some of the optimism with respect to our Oline. If this was another team that we were evaluating instead of our beloved Raiders, most would likely agree that dismantling its #1 strength and retooling it with mostly second stringers, journeymen and a rookie -- no matter where he was drafted -- puts a huge question mark over that unit. But here people have already dialed that reworked Oline as a non-issue, if not a virtual success. I see it as THE gamble, and Gruden better be right. We all know that Carr is one of the more fragile QBs in the league.

As for ESPN, I'm not surprised. It wouldn't surprise me if the Vegas odds of the Raiders going to the Super Bowl were a tick below impossible.

But it's Jon's job to prove them wrong. 17 games represents plenty of opportunities to change hearts and minds. Hopefully, the 2021 Raiders do just that.
    Itís not that I have so much faith in the replacements, itís just that I think our O-line has been overrated, especially last year. Our sack numbers will always be below average because we do have lots of quick routes and the ball is out very fast. The run blocking left a LOT to be desired last year.

My thinking is that itís less about upgrading the line and more about ďthey were deceptively mediocre last year, but were paid as if they were eliteĒ.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    Itís not that I have so much faith in the replacements, itís just that I think our O-line has been overrated, especially last year. Our sack numbers will always be below average because we do have lots of quick routes and the ball is out very fast. The run blocking left a LOT to be desired last year.

My thinking is that itís less about upgrading the line and more about ďthey were deceptively mediocre last year, but were paid as if they were eliteĒ.
    Last year was crazy for many reasons. I probably would have given the O-line the benefit of the doubt. One off-year, especially one where said line had several injuries -- and the RB was also injured -- wouldn't make me punch the panic button and jettison the core of my OL.

I knew going in that Gruden would find a way to make the offseason about his offense and he didn't disappoint. I would have given them one more season as a unit with only depth additions to the roster. But what's done is done. It better work, or Gruden and Mayock won't hear the last of it.

I don't think we lost all that much on the oline, That is how I feel. I think if you take the blinders off... outside of Hudson who was a great pass blocker but average run blocker we really didn,t lose much.. Trent was never on the field and Jackson has been over rated for years
    Last edited by sicknick12; 06-08-2021 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    I don't think we lost all that much on the oline, That is how I feel. I think if you take the blinders off... outside of Hudson who was a great pass blocker but average run blocker we really didn,t lose much.. Trent was never on the field and Jackson has been over rated for years
    I'll tell you one thing, it's going to be must-see viewing for the upcoming season.

It is interesting that PFF is now grading the Patriots as the 3rd best O-line in the league. The Raiders? They have us down for the 25th line out of 32 teams. All the usual caveats apply, of course (i.e., "on paper").

Speaking of Trent, for whatever reason he didn't want to be a Raider, although he did want the fat paycheck. Wonder if we'll ever get the full story as to what went wrong? Whatever the case, I'm guessing between Trent and Antonio, Mayock has probably taken the word "brown" out of his dictionary.