Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 206 of 221 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3312
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I read somewhere that Jones doesn't really have any say, contractually speaking. But his current deal is ghastly, which will limit the field of suitors quite a bit. His age and what it will take to land him all but assures that only a team that truly believes it's a Julio Jones away from a playoff appearance this year will go after him. But stranger things have happened in the NFL.

At the end of the day Atlanta is in a bind and everyone knows it. As I stated with Rodgers, here is another case of a team and/or player making a huge mistake by not announcing at the beginning of free agency their intentions. If they had, maybe Julio is already in another team's jersey by now.
    Maybe they did, just not making it official, so to make it look like they really don't want to trade him in order to keep his value high. The same with Rogers and Watson. It's all a poker game.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Maybe they did, just not making it official, so to make it look like they really don't want to trade him in order to keep his value high. The same with Rogers and Watson. It's all a poker game.
    I feel like a Kenny Rogers song is ready to start playing here....

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Not sure Atlanta is using anything that even remotely resembles a good poker strategy here. Seems to me they paid more for the buy-in than they stand to make when they fold their last hand and call it a night.

But like I said, who knows? Maybe some team swoops in and makes a crazy trade for JJ, letting Atlanta off the hook? It wouldn't be the first time someone paid more than a player's market or production value.

Not sure Atlanta is using anything that even remotely resembles a good poker strategy here. Seems to me they paid more for the buy-in than they stand to make when they fold their last hand and call it a night.

But like I said, who knows? Maybe some team swoops in and makes a crazy trade for JJ, letting Atlanta off the hook? It wouldn't be the first time someone paid more than a player's market or production value.
    I'm sure they received offers. Maybe holding for better offers. Only it could backfire, and they get less. I guess they feel someone will give them what they want. I just hope we don't go overboard. I won't be disappointed if we don't get him.

I read somewhere that Jones doesn't really have any say, contractually speaking. But his current deal is ghastly, which will limit the field of suitors quite a bit. His age and what it will take to land him all but assures that only a team that truly believes it's a Julio Jones away from a playoff appearance this year will go after him. But stranger things have happened in the NFL.

At the end of the day Atlanta is in a bind and everyone knows it. As I stated with Rodgers, here is another case of a team and/or player making a huge mistake by not announcing at the beginning of free agency their intentions. If they had, maybe Julio is already in another team's jersey by now.
    His contract isn't even that bad considering Atlanta will be responsible for any signing bonus due. In fact his contract won't even be in the top 10 for highest paid receivers
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Why do we want or need Julio. I'd take a hard pass.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

JJ would be a player you trade for if he can make you a SB contender. The Raiders are not that, not even close.

This guy has to be the pick if he’s available.

I’m the president of the Christian Barmore fanclub.

Only reason I would see to trade for julio is if we also traded for Aaron. Otherwise, pass.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Only reason I would see to trade for julio is if we also traded for Aaron. Otherwise, pass.
    There’s no way that can work, IMO. The # of draft picks, especially first rounders and their salary? Their cap would be way too top heavy.

This guy has to be the pick if he’s available.

I’m the president of the Christian Barmore fanclub.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
    Free-agent offensive lineman Sam Young has agreed to return to the Raiders on a one-year deal, per his agent
    @DrewJRosenhaus

Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    There’s no way that can work, IMO. The # of draft picks, especially first rounders and their salary? Their cap would be way too top heavy.
    It could work, but it would take a miracle and cooperation by both Julio and Aaron, i.e., they'd have to be willing to drastically rework their contracts. The Raiders would also need to part with Carr and hope that they got at least two 1st rounders for him, presuming he wasn't part of the deal that brings in Aaron.

But realistically, you're right. It won't work.

First of all, Julio wants to play for a bona fide perennial contender. I know some in the Nation think our Raiders have a good shot this year at making the playoffs, but when you take off the patch and look at this team from the perspective of others around the league, that ain't us.

Secondly, if Aaron has problems dealing with a front office that doesn't make the right moves as he sees it, then he's probably not going to get along with Gruden and Mayock, either. How do you have 5 first round picks and a solid, if not spectacular QB, and not come away with at least one winning season in that span? If Aaron does somehow miraculously land in the Silver and Black, they better hope he gets the Jeopardy job, too. At least that way he'll be too busy in LA to cluster bomb the front office's decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    I doubt it would even be considered by the front office. But it could work. And I think Rogers would be much more likely to want to come here if julio were coming too.

With julio, Rogers would probably have the best set of weapons he’s ever played with. As long as our defense can improve a little, we’d easily be a playoff team.

And while I’d hate to mortgage the future, we’d be a better FA destination while Rogers is here. And we’d probably replace some if those picks with short term FA fill ins. We’d just really suck once Rogers is done.

But I agree... I wouldn’t do it either. Just because it can be done, doesn’t mean it should be done.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
    Free-agent offensive lineman Sam Young has agreed to return to the Raiders on a one-year deal, per his agent
    @DrewJRosenhaus
    There's a real good signing. He was horrible. They must be desperate.

It could work, but it would take a miracle and cooperation by both Julio and Aaron, i.e., they'd have to be willing to drastically rework their contracts. The Raiders would also need to part with Carr and hope that they got at least two 1st rounders for him, presuming he wasn't part of the deal that brings in Aaron.

But realistically, you're right. It won't work.

First of all, Julio wants to play for a bona fide perennial contender. I know some in the Nation think our Raiders have a good shot this year at making the playoffs, but when you take off the patch and look at this team from the perspective of others around the league, that ain't us.

Secondly, if Aaron has problems dealing with a front office that doesn't make the right moves as he sees it, then he's probably not going to get along with Gruden and Mayock, either. How do you have 5 first round picks and a solid, if not spectacular QB, and not come away with at least one winning season in that span? If Aaron does somehow miraculously land in the Silver and Black, they better hope he gets the Jeopardy job, too. At least that way he'll be too busy in LA to cluster bomb the front office's decisions.
    Whatever picks we get for Carr will get used up in getting Rogers and/or Julio. That would put us in a win now. Since i haven't seen the D play, I will say not at this time. We're dreaming....stick a fork to wake me.

Las Vegas Raiders @Raiders
    We have signed free agents TE Alex Ellis and S Roderic Teamer.

In corresponding moves, we have released OL Erik Magnuson and waived TE Carson Williams