Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 205 of 220 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3287
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I could easily see Gruden making some dopey trade for Jones. Overreaching for a vet WR is a yearly event lately.

-Stork
    AB is an ahole. And he still is. I think we have a better chance with Julio, but find it hard to imagine that we get him.

Dan Graziano @DanGrazianoESPN
    Per source, the NFL and the NFLPA have agreed to a salary cap ceiling of $208.2 million for the 2022 season. If it gets there, that would be a 14 percent increase over the 2021 cap of $182.5 million.

If it hits the 208.2M goal for next season that is right in line with the early projects for the 2023 season having a 230M total as that is when the new TV deal totals factor into the salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I hope we moved past that, I really hope we moved past that.
    Something tells me we are going to find out soon enough. I don't profess to know the plan, but clearly Gruden and Mayock have one. The problem is, players like Julio Jones and A-Rod would tempt just about any organization to tear up their masterplan and go for broke.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Something tells me we are going to find out soon enough. I don't profess to know the plan, but clearly Gruden and Mayock have one. The problem is, players like Julio Jones and A-Rod would tempt just about any organization to tear up their masterplan and go for broke.
    Still, the final and deciding factor between temptation and action is self control. One could say Gruden is on the hot seat or at least is feeling a little pressure to win and he may feel that making the decision to trade for Jones is best for this team as it stands. The converse is also a consideration Not getting Jones and sticking to the plan could be the best option as well. No one knows, certainly not any of us yahoos.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Delete - wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Still, the final and deciding factor between temptation and action is self control. One could say Gruden is on the hot seat or at least is feeling a little pressure to win and he may feel that making the decision to trade for Jones is best for this team as it stands. The converse is also a consideration Not getting Jones and sticking to the plan could be the best option as well. No one knows, certainly not any of us yahoos.
    Honestly, I don't think even they know what they'll do if Julio is dangled within reach of their grasp. I just hope whatever happens it works out in our favor for a change. The fanbase is long overdue for something to break our way.

Reports are saying Atlanta has a received a 1st round pick for Julio. I would imagine they would have to send a draft pick back
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Honestly, I don't think even they know what they'll do if Julio is dangled within reach of their grasp. I just hope whatever happens it works out in our favor for a change. The fanbase is long overdue for something to break our way.
    Truth, pure unadulterated truth.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Reports are saying Atlanta has a received a 1st round pick for Julio. I would imagine they would have to send a draft pick back
    Show of hands: Who here thinks it was Carr that called, disguising his voice as Gruden, offering a 1st rounder for JJ?

Show of hands: Who here thinks it was Carr that called, disguising his voice as Gruden, offering a 1st rounder for JJ?
    That’s funny

We are the team offering a first for Julio. I guarantee it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    We are the team offering a first for Julio. I guarantee it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If we are the team offering a 1st we better be getting Atlanta to eat more of Julio's salary.

Not sure if julio has any say in where he goes. He says he wants to go where he can win. What worries me is if we trade for him, then he’s disgruntled from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Not sure if julio has any say in where he goes. He says he wants to go where he can win. What worries me is if we trade for him, then he’s disgruntled from the start.
    Randy Moss part Deux!!!!

Is that what you are saying?

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    I read somewhere that Jones doesn't really have any say, contractually speaking. But his current deal is ghastly, which will limit the field of suitors quite a bit. His age and what it will take to land him all but assures that only a team that truly believes it's a Julio Jones away from a playoff appearance this year will go after him. But stranger things have happened in the NFL.

At the end of the day Atlanta is in a bind and everyone knows it. As I stated with Rodgers, here is another case of a team and/or player making a huge mistake by not announcing at the beginning of free agency their intentions. If they had, maybe Julio is already in another team's jersey by now.