Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 593
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,997
    To add into the possible options for QB next season it looks like the Lions will be trading Stafford and he will cost a lot less than Watson. It looks like for cap reasons Stafford will be traded before Mid March.

    Would you trade both of our 1sts this season and a 3rd round pick for the Lions 1st and Stafford? Thats probably within reason of what the Dolphins would have to give up for Stafford. Lot less than what it would cost to get Watson.

    With that we would still have a high 1st round pick to get a WR and both of our 2nds to help improve other areas of our offense and not destroy this season or next seasons draft. The other positive is unlike Watson Stafford has a positive contract towards our salary cap.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,611
    Stafford is older and has multiple injuries over the past few years. Weíre not trading for that and no team is giving up much for him.

    Deshaun is one thing, but we shouldnít think of replacing Tua with every single QB. Especially one who has been consistently mediocre his entire career.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,611
    Btw it really looks like Aaron Jones is done in GB. If thereís one FA RB Iím going after itís him.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    888
    Fitz, a 2nd and a 3rd for Stafford.

    Tua sits and learn, Stafford is better than Fitz

    Draft Smith @3 and Najee @18 for Tua's future.
    Or Trade back and draft Waddle and Najee.

    Spend on Defense in FA.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,611
    Quote Originally Posted by esb View Post
    Fitz, a 2nd and a 3rd for Stafford.

    Tua sits and learn, Stafford is better than Fitz

    Draft Smith @3 and Najee @18 for Tua's future.
    Or Trade back and draft Waddle and Najee.

    Spend on Defense in FA.
    Fitz isnít even under contract and why would anyone take a QB a year or two away from retirement. I legit donít know what you guys are thinking sometimes lol

    Btw Rodgers basically threw himself into the ďI might get traded this yearĒ conversation. So some of those more desperate teams might be able to fill them with vet guys. I think teams like Indy, Denver and San Fran will look into just trading straight up for a vet guy instead of a rookie.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,997
    Quote Originally Posted by esb View Post
    Fitz, a 2nd and a 3rd for Stafford.

    Tua sits and learn, Stafford is better than Fitz

    Draft Smith @3 and Najee @18 for Tua's future.
    Or Trade back and draft Waddle and Najee.

    Spend on Defense in FA.
    I doubt Stafford goes for less than a 1st and 3rd.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,997
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Stafford is older and has multiple injuries over the past few years. Weíre not trading for that and no team is giving up much for him.

    Deshaun is one thing, but we shouldnít think of replacing Tua with every single QB. Especially one who has been consistently mediocre his entire career.
    Stafford is 32 and he is better than mediocre, his teams have been mediocre but he has been better than mediocre. He still has a good 4 plus years left in him. If your a QB away from being a contender Stafford is a guy I would consider depending on the price. I think next year the difference between Stafford and Tua can be playoffs and/or playoff success.

    He has played in all 16 games in 9 of the last 10 seasons. He played 16 this season. I wouldnt question his durability.
    Last edited by Plague; 01-25-2021 at 01:40 AM.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,611
    Heís played through injury but weíve seen first hand how they eventually add up with Tannehill. Plus Stafford had a serious back injury just last year. Add all of that to the fact that heís 32, which isnít old for a QB but is going to be old for Grier and Flores, and it just doesnít make sense.

    And I really donít think people watch much of Stafford. Heís got incredible talent and itís true that heís had terrible teams around him, but heís consistently making back breaking mistakes. Bad sacks, poor decisions, or just inconsistent accuracy. Heís this generations Philip Rivers and is in the same tier as Derek Carr. The only time youíll win with them is when you can minimize their impact and keep things on script.

    The team is going to stick with Tua unless they get Watson for a crazy deal. I promise you that Grier and Flores will value Tuaís future over the rookies this year or a vet like Stafford.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    To add into the possible options for QB next season it looks like the Lions will be trading Stafford and he will cost a lot less than Watson. It looks like for cap reasons Stafford will be traded before Mid March.

    Would you trade both of our 1sts this season and a 3rd round pick for the Lions 1st and Stafford? Thats probably within reason of what the Dolphins would have to give up for Stafford. Lot less than what it would cost to get Watson.

    With that we would still have a high 1st round pick to get a WR and both of our 2nds to help improve other areas of our offense and not destroy this season or next seasons draft. The other positive is unlike Watson Stafford has a positive contract towards our salary cap.
    Absolutely not. He's an average to slightly above average QB in the NFL and always has been.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,978
    So we're just going to trade for any other starting QB now? Stafford is not an option for MIA. Stafford is possibly a top 14 QB, but there is no way I'd trade for him and have Tua sit. We have to see what Tua has to offer for all 16 games, without the potential for being pulled. Tua is clearly our guy, especially with the hiring of Charlie Frye as QB coach. Grier and Flo seem focused on their plan of rebuilding through the draft and through a couple FA signings. Watson seems like a pipe dream now as well.

    I see a lot of QB movement for some reason.

    Stafford traded to NO / Brees retires
    Garrappolo released and signs in NE
    Watkins traded to NYJ
    Winston signs with SF

    The more I rationally think about a trade for Watson, the more it kind of turns me off. Having to give up the 2020 #5 pick (Tua), 2021 #3 pick, 2021 #18 pick, 2021 2nd rd pick and a 2022 1st rd pick? That's a lot to give up, when we clearly still need 1-2 WRs, possibly a RB, minimum one more OL, edge rusher, LBer, and potentially a safety. Watson is clearly a top 5 QB, but MIA would be putting something like 25-30% of their cap into Watson, not to mention renegotiating with Howard, extending Gesicki, Sanders and Ogbah . . . I just feel like a Watson trade would make us a playoff contender for 2-3 years, and then we're in cap hell just like HOU was/is.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    599
    Yeah, it's going to be either Tua or Watson starting at QB for Miami next season. I do believe the QB carousel in the NFL will be one for the ages.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,611
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    So we're just going to trade for any other starting QB now? Stafford is not an option for MIA. Stafford is possibly a top 14 QB, but there is no way I'd trade for him and have Tua sit. We have to see what Tua has to offer for all 16 games, without the potential for being pulled. Tua is clearly our guy, especially with the hiring of Charlie Frye as QB coach. Grier and Flo seem focused on their plan of rebuilding through the draft and through a couple FA signings. Watson seems like a pipe dream now as well.

    I see a lot of QB movement for some reason.

    Stafford traded to NO / Brees retires
    Garrappolo released and signs in NE
    Watkins traded to NYJ
    Winston signs with SF

    The more I rationally think about a trade for Watson, the more it kind of turns me off. Having to give up the 2020 #5 pick (Tua), 2021 #3 pick, 2021 #18 pick, 2021 2nd rd pick and a 2022 1st rd pick? That's a lot to give up, when we clearly still need 1-2 WRs, possibly a RB, minimum one more OL, edge rusher, LBer, and potentially a safety. Watson is clearly a top 5 QB, but MIA would be putting something like 25-30% of their cap into Watson, not to mention renegotiating with Howard, extending Gesicki, Sanders and Ogbah . . . I just feel like a Watson trade would make us a playoff contender for 2-3 years, and then we're in cap hell just like HOU was/is.
    The cap isnít real for good teams. I mean the Chiefs had a literal $100 in cap space the gave their best players record breaking deals. You do have to go super cheap in certain spots but you give that deal to guys who can overcome those issues. Thatís why an Oline doesnít really matter for guys like Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes, and Watson.

    The biggest mistake a team can make is giving a mid level QB big money because they canít surround him with the talent he needs. Thatís what gets teams like Philly, LA, and Minnesota in trouble. But with those great QBs itís not a big deal to pay them.

    Also if Tua is as good as we think weíll have to pay him eventually.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,192
    A few notes lol...
    Plague is willing to give up both our 1st's and a 3rd for Stafford and says it's far less than what we'd give up for Watson... man if we have to give up those picks plus Tua and futture 1st rounders, I don't want Watson. We aren't that 'ready' as some say we are in terms of overall depth and defense. We had a great bend don't break defense and was clutch on take-aways, but we were far from dominant. We didn't excel at anything really other than at takeaways which you can't always count on (unless it's X being a ballhawk).

    Is stafford a good QB? Yes. Definitely top 10-15 range. Do I want him? No. Watson is 7 years younger and is far more dynamic and he can run. There's no comparison really in terms of long-term value. He is paid fairly though. Someone else pointed out, the worst thing you can do is pay a QB 25-35M and he's mediocre. Like Goff and Cousins and Wentz. But if it's Rodgers Mahomes Watson, you 100% absolutely do it. Keep in mind cap will be low this year due to Covid but before Covid it was supposed to explode and go up 20%. I think cap will be 180M or so this year but expectations are that it goes to 210-220M. So worrying about Watson cap hit is the last thing we should be concerned with.

    Stafford needs to and will, go to a team like Colts, Panthers, Niners, Bears. Maybe even Jets honestly if Watson stays put or comes to us. I was flying high on maybe getting Watson and now the thought of him going to the Jets instead. Would be brutal.
    BRUH

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,978
    I think the NYJ will sell out for Watson and outbid Miami. It's gonna suck, unless Tua takes the leap in year 2 that people think he can. But what happens if both NYJ and MIA decide they don't want to meet HOU demands? does Watson sit out? NYJ can have either Wilson or Fields if they want, or they can keep Darnold ( I personally like Darnold as a QB) and build their team up. The fact that a lot of other QBs may be coming available (Stafford, possibly Garappolo, possibly Watson, Winston, possibly Ryan) kind of saturates the market a bit. I think it comes down to MIA and NYJ for Watson . . . I honestly would be shocked if MIA pulled the trigger.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,611
    I pray that the Jets donít get Watson, but I just donít understand why he would want to go there? I know people LOVE Saleh and I think the staff theyíre building is great, but the Jets have been a toxic team for years now. I canít imagine Watson wanting to go to that environment. Itís like leaving the Texans and going to Washington because you like Rivera.

    But at the end of the day, we just need to worry about ourselves. Gotta build a good team first instead of worrying about what others have done.

Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •