Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    You guys really do not understand how much Bobby does. Heís the biggest communicator on the front seven and helps keep everyone on the same page.

Bobby is arguably the most important piece to this defense behind X and Jones. He does the same thing as Van Noy and just makes everyone better. I cannot believe how good he was this year.

Btw if the Texans ask for anything, you take it. I love Tua but Watson is just behind Mahomes and Rodgers.
    No I agree. I know how important Bobby is. He is the quiet leader of this defense. Coach on the field type which goes miles and miles on game day. Like I said, hes solid. Just not a big time playmaker but he really doesnt need to be and he could possibly still get better and grow more into the position.

And with Rowe, again, very solid. Yea he got beat up by Kelce and Waller but he was playing 1 on 1 man to man with very little to no help and I dont think there is safety in the league that can get that job done. Throughout the entire year though, he was excellent.

Im fine with that safety duo returning and starting again next year but I do think Brandon Jones is a stud. Always around the football. Pretty damn good tackler. Curious to see his ball skills and instincts when he is playing single high at the NFL level but I did see some nice things in those situations while he was at Texas so there is definitely some promise there. And I also think at some point Byron Jones could slide back to safety and be good back there. Thats more into the future but something to keep in the back pocket if Byron hangs around in Miami for awhile.

I love Deshaun Watson. He's top 5. But personally I am against trading for him. Just hoping if he does get dealt its not to NE or NYJ. Josh Allen is gonna be enough of a pain the *** for the next 15 years

From Chris Mortensen

Sources say Watson could play hardball with Texans about a trade. His new $156 million contract includes a no-trade clause but informed speculation from a source is that he would consider the @MiamiDolphins in which Tua Tagovailoa and additional compensation goes to Houston.

Ok Iíve been ignoring all these dumb rumors around us, but if Deshaun wants to force his way him then Iím cool.

I love Tua, and love all these picks, but Watson is on another level. Heís right up there with Mahomes. Iím willing to give Houston A LOT to get him here. Even if itís our first 4 picks this year Iím cool. Watson is that good. Everyone wants a QB thatís good enough to carry a team, but the moment they get offers everyone gets scared.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-10-2021 at 01:34 PM.

Personally, I don't like running quarterbacks that much they tend to get hurt and stay hurt a lot Deshaun is a great player if the Dolphins do get him I wish them both luck.

I told you all this before when Dan Marino and Barry Sanders retired, I kind of lost interest in the NFL the Miami Dolphins is always been my favorite NFL team. So when the Dolphins drafted Tua It was like getting my ice cream with cherry on top.

I'll try to follow all the Alabama players that are in the NFL Tua going to the Dolphins was like a dream come true for me, I guess that's why I'm pulling so hard for him to succeed. I still think there's a lot of talent there that some or not seeing and he's not showing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabama View Post
    Personally, I don't like running quarterbacks that much they tend to get hurt and stay hurt a lot Deshaun is a great player if the Dolphins do get him I wish them both luck.

I told you all this before when Dan Marino and Barry Sanders retired, I kind of lost interest in the NFL the Miami Dolphins is always been my favorite NFL team. So when the Dolphins drafted Tua It was like getting my ice cream with cherry on top.

I'll try to follow all the Alabama players that are in the NFL Tua going to the Dolphins was like a dream come true for me, I guess that's why I'm pulling so hard for him to succeed. I still think there's a lot of talent there that some or not seeing and he's not showing yet.
    Its a different league now, QBs don't get hit as hard, and teams want to win now.

The Pat Mahomes, Allens, Jacksons, Watsons, and maybe herbert, have taken the league over.

It makes almost no sense to even draft a qb who isn't a huge threat with their legs. You can't come up with a gameplay and a defense that guarantees you'll stop these guys. Not only are they are athletic, but they all have canons for arms.

It makes no sense trying to win with a game manager qb, who isn't athletic. This is a new breed of QBs were seeing, and they have taken over the nfl.

If we can get Watson, we absolutely have to go all out for him.

From Chris Mortensen

Sources say Watson could play hardball with Texans about a trade. His new $156 million contract includes a no-trade clause but informed speculation from a source is that he would consider the @MiamiDolphins in which Tua Tagovailoa and additional compensation goes to Houston.

Ok Iíve been ignoring all these dumb rumors around us, but if Deshaun wants to force his way him then Iím cool.

I love Tua, and love all these picks, but Watson is on another level. Heís right up there with Mahomes. Iím willing to give Houston A LOT to get him here. Even if itís our first 4 picks this year Iím cool. Watson is that good. Everyone wants a QB thatís good enough to carry a team, but the moment they get offers everyone gets scared.
    I was as big a tua fan as there could but, but I can't help but watch him in the nfl, and think to myself, that hes not really elite at anything.

He goes through progressions great, he can stick it in a tight window, but that's really all we saw him do well this year.

I mean, yeah we had injuries, we lack offensive weapons, but still, he had 9 games to show he was elite and could up elite numbers and he never did it. Even bad qbs have games where they put up big numbers.

And who's to say he can't do that with better talent around him? But we already played this game with Henne and Tannehill. Always the excuses, when truth is, they just weren't the type of QBs who could take over games.

IMO its not worth risking that again, We got the coach, we got the defense, we got the draft picks, we got most of our guys returning, If we get Watson, were as good as anyone on paper.

Armando is reporting that X is looking to get paid more than Jones, which was obvious, and that he will be looking for money close to Ramsey who is paid $20 a year compared to X $15 a year.

X also hired David Canter who has a long history of playing hardball with the Dolphins.

Armando is reporting that X is looking to get paid more than Jones, which was obvious, and that he will be looking for money close to Ramsey who is paid $20 a year compared to X $15 a year.

X also hired David Canter who has a long history of playing hardball with the Dolphins.
    There was a huge risk to MIA paying him his current salary, due to his previous injuries. I'm not okay paying him Jalen Ramsey money, at all. There would have to be some sort of injury provision for him to get $20M/yr. I hate to say it, but if the guy is looking to be above Ramsey . . . then its time to explore trading him. If he is looking to be paid more than Jones, cool, I can see that. But at this point in his career, and i'm not going up to $20M.

I mean the CB market is nuts, so in another 2 years heís going to be cheap all things considered. But that knee injury is so scary to bet against.

The worst thing is, I feel like heís too important to the defense. This defense looks a lot different when X isnít getting turnovers.

I mean the CB market is nuts, so in another 2 years heís going to be cheap all things considered. But that knee injury is so scary to bet against.

The worst thing is, I feel like heís too important to the defense. This defense looks a lot different when X isnít getting turnovers.
    Oh it's true, X is what makes our defense good right now. I mean, if they could re-work it where the biggest cap hits are at the tail end of the deal, while guaranteeing him a huge amount in 2021 only, then lets do it. He's on the wrong side of 26 right now, and the knees are a concern for me. Give him his raise for 2021, but with flexibility to escape the deal in 2022+ with little cap damage. I think Grier will figure something out, cause our cap room for 2021 is really great, and there are not many high level defenders hitting the market, so we can afford to take the hit in 2021.

If our FA period involves extending Ogbah, Sanders, and Gesicki, and re-structuring X to meet his demand (while keeping us out of cap hell with his contract in 2022+), and signing at least one tier 1-2 WR . . . then I guess it's a success.

They could easily do something like the Pats did with Gilmore. Just a quick restructure to give him slightly more money. Honestly raising a cap hit by 5 mil for a DPOY candidate isnít the end of the world. It sounds like X likes the team and doesnít want it to get ugly, but Canter is going to be super tough to work with. He apparently told X the moment he signed the contract that it was a terrible contract.

The fact that we have so many possible extensions makes me feel like weíre going to avoid the super big names. Maybe if Thuney hits the market sure, but I think guys like Marvin Jones or Nelson Agholor are the most likely free agents we bring in. Decent players that are obvious upgrades but will do most of the damage in the draft.

Pay up for X. And trade Byron Jones to the Texans as part of the package.
    Byron, Tua, 3rd overall for Watson and call it a day.
    We get a top 5 qb and without crippling our cap to make some moves and be able to draft BPA and get some vets. If we land Watson, we will have veterans taking a discount to play here no doubt. Surprised there isn't more chatter on here about the potential of landing Watson.
    And Watson isn't a running qb. He has the ability to run, but he's not a run first QB. Silly to label him that, he led the league in passing yards. The dude is 25 and already elite. You trade whatever you need to trade to get him.
    He would be our QB for the next decade and give us potential Big Ben/Tomlin or Wilson/Pete Carrol vibes.
    I would honestly trade Tua, 3rd, 18th, and Byron to get Watson. Or maybe just give back their picks, the 3rd overall and their early 2nd, like 36th or something, plus Tua and Byron.
    BRUH

I read a article yesterday that said a source said for the Texans to even start talking of trading Watson it will take 3 first round picks, 3 second round picks, and a all pro quality player in exchange for 1 of the best QB's in football.

Based on that we would have to give them both of our 2021 first round and 2nd round picks, plus our 2022 1st and 2nd round picks, plus one of our better players off our roster. We would then have to find another trade partner for Tua as most likely the Texans would be using that 3rd pick on a QB. My guess is we would be looking at a late or 2nd round pick for Tua.
    Last edited by Plague; 01-15-2021 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I read a article yesterday that said a source said for the Texans to even start talking of trading Watson it will take 3 first round picks, 3 second round picks, and a all pro quality player in exchange for 1 of the best QB's in football.

Based on that we would have to give them both of our 2021 first round and 2nd round picks, plus our 2022 1st and 2nd round picks, plus one of our better players off our roster. We would then have to find another trade partner for Tua as most likely the Texans would be using that 3rd pick on a QB. My guess is we would be looking at a late or 2nd round pick for Tua.
    HOU should ask for the world for Watson, he's not going to be given away cheap. But if Watson threatens a hold out unless he is traded, then HOU loses a little leverage. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds. That organization is a complete mess right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post

Texans can ask for all that but they'll never receive a package close to that. If Watson decides to hold out then Houston loses leverage. Their next move would be to put him on the market and leverage opposing teams offers against one another.

If Miami is interested they have a lot of current issues working for them that most teams don't.
    1. Significant salary Cap decrease
    2. A healthy amount of $ to spend int he off season
    3. No bad contracts on the roster

3. A lot of early draft capital for a playoff contending team
    4. Young talent to offer in a trade
    5. Youngest roster in the league
    6. Front office and head coach that has gained respect around the league.
    7. Weather and no state income tax we can finally use as an advantage to the team and player rather than previous years a player using it to their advantage

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast