Jake Rudock QB MIA RFA - Let leave
    Julie'n Davenport LT MIA UFA - Let leave
    Davon Godchaux DT MIA UFA - Resign
    Kirk Merritt WR MIA ERFA - Resign
    Calvin Munson ILB MIA ERFA - Resign
    Jamal Perry CB MIA ERFA - 50/50
    Nik Needham CB MIA ERFA - Resign
    Adam Pankey T MIA UFA - Let leave

Take a look @ Allen Robinson or Chris Godwin, and maybe Aaron Jones(but dont overpay to try and get them) Yannick Ngakoue, Leonard Williams
    Last edited by gambo1988; 01-04-2021 at 04:08 PM.

Forgot but Baker and Geiscki will be up in 22, so you might look to extend them as well. Baker has led the team in tackles the past two years and thrived in the WLB role this year. But if you do sign him you have to imagine that you canít spend on one in FA.

Geiscki seems like an obvious deal as long as you get a coach that knows how to consistently use him. Heís a threat but just isnít consistently targeted with Tua and Gailey.

FA for me

1. make Xavien Howard happy
    2. Kyle Juszczyk . Chandler Cox is gone. Kyle is a stud and more than just a FB
    3. Corey Linsley - plus add Landon Dickerson in the draft
    4. Chris Carson - Mohamed Ibrahim, Chris Carson, Myles Gaskin
    5. Reuben Foster - maybe comes here bc of Tua. high risk high reward player that would be cheap
    6. Neville Hewitt - bring him back home. another cheap depth signing
    7. John Ross - cheap speed threat at WR
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 01-05-2021 at 08:01 PM.

So apparently the past few weeks Marvin Jones has been liking anything Dolphins related that he saw. Thereís always disgruntled NFL players that like tweets of ďcome to my city broĒ but most of this is specifically Dolphins related.

We might actually be at the point where players WANT to come to Miami again.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    So apparently the past few weeks Marvin Jones has been liking anything Dolphins related that he saw. Thereís always disgruntled NFL players that like tweets of ďcome to my city broĒ but most of this is specifically Dolphins related.

We might actually be at the point where players WANT to come to Miami again.
    wouldn't that be something? players wanting to play for Miami not because of location, or taxes, but because the team is actually well coached and ascending? I'm hoping we turn into NE Pats South when it comes to players wanting to play here.

Grier and Flores didnít say much today in their PCs. Only thing FA that stood out to me is that they arenít prepared to say Fitz (or any other FA) will be back next year. They were also asked if they need to improve the Oline, basically said itís too early but felt like it got better towards the end of the year.

Hey guys havent been on here in a long, long time but glad to see most of you guys are still kickin. What a season. Ending was a little disappointing but big picture we over achieved by a mile. Best season in a long time. Very proud of what this team accomplished and very excited about the future. Miami is about to be a football city again.
    With all that said, Im excited for this offseason and hoping this team takes another giant leap forward next year. What I think is best for us is to focus on the offensive side of the ball this offseason(obviously).

We know Flo can coach up and scheme up a defense so I dont think we have to worry very much about that side of the ball. There are good starters. There is good depth. There is good, young talent that can continue to be developed and elevated meaning cheap good players. Probably need some more bodies along the DL and an upgrade at LB but for the most part there shouldnt be too much turnover on defense.

I believe if we want to get the most out of Tua and watch this kid really develop into something special and be in the Super Bowl conversation we need to build the offense like the Saints did for Brees. If you look at the Saints offense over the last 10-12 years you'll see there are quite a few common denominators and I think thats exactly the approach and mold we should use to build this offense around Tua.

Saints made sure to find a guy that Brees could depend on to get open, catch the ball, and move the chains. Colston and Michael Thomas very similar type. Possession guys. Can beat man. Find the soft spot in zones. Knows where the sticks are on 3rd down. And always catch the football. I think that guy for us needs to be Allen Robinson. Id love to say Devante Parker but I just cant do another year of 10-12 games played and leaving 2-4 of them midway through because of nagging injuries or whatever the case. Best ability is availability. And when Devante is our #1 and he goes down, we've been left with below average weapons. If we go get A-Rob, hes the guy that gets 150 targets from Tua and is his go to guy. Devante isn't making crazy money and we can get out of his contract after next season so I think we hang on to him as our #2 which is where I think he is better suited and trade away Preston Williams for a mid round draft pick. Another constant in the Saints offenses over the years is they always have a burner. Back in the day it was Devery Henderson then Robert Meacham, Ted Ginn, Kenny Stills, Brandin Cooks, ect. Always a deep shot guy after the dinking and dunking and run game brought a safety down into the box. Brees has always had a big bodied, pass catching TE like Graham, Shockey, Fleener, Watson, Cook ect., which we have in Gesicki already so we're already good there. Going 4 or 5 wide was a staple of the Saints offense so having some decent talent surrounding those 3 pieces is a must, which I believe in lesser roles(4th and 5th options) we already have that on the roster. Grant, Bowden, Perry, Hollins, and Ford with Wilson and Hurns returning, may the best 2 or 3 who can contribute on special teams and gadget plays make the roster and be our 4th, 5th, and 6th WR's. Then we look at the RB position and you'll notice another trend. They always had multiple RB's who had different roles. Pierre Thomas and Reggie Bush. Mark Ingram and Sproles. Kamara and Latavius. Sprinkle in guys like Chris Ivory, Khiry Robinson, CJ Spiller, the list goes on...but the point is they always had a bruiser to hit between the tackles and a pass catching back that can make the first guy in the flats miss 9x outta 10. Thats the kind of offense we need to run, get a lead, and then let the defense off their leashes and eat.

With the resources we have this offseason there is no reason we dont end up with a #1 WR, a young stud at WR via the draft, and a real playmaking RB to solidify the weaponry of this offense with the existing pieces ready to compliment and fill in the other roles. I really believe Tua will excel faster and be surgical if we run RPO and spread it out with the right pieces. At this point, I do trust Flo and Grier to make the right decision most of the time(nobody is perfect and bats 1000), but Im really hoping they take this style of approach to rebuilding this offense to Tua's strengths.

Testino out here breaking the record for longest 1st post, lol. Welcome to the forum.

With the cap coming down and with so many draft pick, we don't have nearly as much cap as I thought. We are currently only 10th in terms of most cap space. We keep talking about who we want to sign, but what about cuts? Jordan Howard is already gone.
    I think paying dudes like Eric Rowe (5M) and Bobby McCain (7M) to be completely mediocre with sub 60 pff scores awful investments. They need to be replaced by draft picks or cheaper players. Flowers making 10M a year is still crazy to me, think this is his last year with us and he will get cut next offseason with only 1M deadcap. Likely something similar with Lawson.
    BRUH

Word is Deshaun watson will demand a trade.

Miami should be all over that, tua and their pick back for watson.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post

That deal in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    Testino out here breaking the record for longest 1st post, lol. Welcome to the forum.

With the cap coming down and with so many draft pick, we don't have nearly as much cap as I thought. We are currently only 10th in terms of most cap space. We keep talking about who we want to sign, but what about cuts? Jordan Howard is already gone.
    I think paying dudes like Eric Rowe (5M) and Bobby McCain (7M) to be completely mediocre with sub 60 pff scores awful investments. They need to be replaced by draft picks or cheaper players. Flowers making 10M a year is still crazy to me, think this is his last year with us and he will get cut next offseason with only 1M deadcap. Likely something similar with Lawson.
    There are a few guys we can cut and can create roughly another 9Million. I think McCain are Rowe are the definition of solid. Theyre usually in the right spot and do the right things but youre just not gonna get very many big plays out of them. I think Brandon Jones is gonna be a stud when he earns one of those spots. Flowers is our best run blocker right now but if we end up with Sewell it would be nice to get Kindley at LG and Hunt at RG with Jackson and Sewell the OT's. Would like to upgrade from Karras as well but could deal with him for another year, he was average this past season.

I think this defense is better with Rowe over McCain. Rowe didn't decent against most of the TEs' we played. The elite guys made plays on him, but he is still one of the better safeties at covering TEs. I'd let McCain go and let Jones compete with another draftee for that spot.

You guys really do not understand how much Bobby does. Heís the biggest communicator on the front seven and helps keep everyone on the same page.

Bobby is arguably the most important piece to this defense behind X and Jones. He does the same thing as Van Noy and just makes everyone better. I cannot believe how good he was this year.

Btw if the Texans ask for anything, you take it. I love Tua but Watson is just behind Mahomes and Rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post

I'd do that in a second.

Please, please Miami... Make Watson happen. That turns them into a Superbowl contender with some added weapons via draft or FA.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    I'd do that in a second.

Please, please Miami... Make Watson happen. That turns them into a Superbowl contender with some added weapons via draft or FA.
    Flores knows their GM well from their patriot days too.

You have to a figure a new coach is going to want a full rebuild anyway, as they have almost nothing to work with.

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast