Russell Wilson
    Aaron Rodgers
    Patrick Mahomes

4. Deshaun Watson
    5. Tom Brady
    6. Kyler Murray
    7. Josh Allen
    8. Lamar Jackson

Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson I think will both come in year 1 and fill the top 10
    Drew Brees is set to retire

I'm not looking to blow up the current roster to get Watson. I think if we get Watson, we have to keep our defense as strong as possible for a legit playoff run. X would have to stay for 2021. that's just my opinion.

IMO, Tua will be a lot better in 2021 for many reasons.

1. He will (hopefully) get a full off-season in and TC, if Covid does screw it up.
    2. He will be many more months removed from surgery and the hip should be even stronger.
    3. What he learned from starting in 2020 will carry-over to 2021. The kid is uber smart for a QB and will recognize mistakes from 2020 and correct them.
    4. His arm is strong enough to move the ball down field, but his accuracy is his calling card. I think MIA puts legit weapons around him and he will surge into the top 12-13 QB conversation by the end of 2021.

I don't trust Justin Fields, and I'm also not sold on Zach Wilson being better than Tua right now. Had Tua stayed for another year, he would be QB2 and it wouldn't be close.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I'm not looking to blow up the current roster to get Watson. I think if we get Watson, we have to keep our defense as strong as possible for a legit playoff run. X would have to stay for 2021. that's just my opinion.

IMO, Tua will be a lot better in 2021 for many reasons.

1. He will (hopefully) get a full off-season in and TC, if Covid does screw it up.
    2. He will be many more months removed from surgery and the hip should be even stronger.
    3. What he learned from starting in 2020 will carry-over to 2021. The kid is uber smart for a QB and will recognize mistakes from 2020 and correct them.
    4. His arm is strong enough to move the ball down field, but his accuracy is his calling card. I think MIA puts legit weapons around him and he will surge into the top 12-13 QB conversation by the end of 2021.

I don't trust Justin Fields, and I'm also not sold on Zach Wilson being better than Tua right now. Had Tua stayed for another year, he would be QB2 and it wouldn't be close.
    completely disagree. I think Trevor and Zach are better than every QB in 2020 and that Burrow would have went 3rd. I also believe that Zach straight up is better than Deshaun Watson

imo the future top 5 in the NFL will be Wilson, Wilson, Rodgers, Mahomes, Trevor
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 01-19-2021 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    completely disagree. I think Trevor and Zach are better than every QB in 2020 and that Burrow would have went 3rd. I also believe that Zach straight up is better than Deshaun Watson

imo the future top 5 in the NFL will be Wilson, Wilson, Rodgers, Mahomes, Trevor
    Wilson is a prototypical 1 year wonder. it was a great season for him, but by no means does that translate to being better than Tua for 2021 or 2022 for that matter. I don't trust any QB coming from BYU. Tua's college history of accuracy and pocket presence >>> Wilson's 1 year wonder season and good arm.

Wilson is a prototypical 1 year wonder. it was a great season for him, but by no means does that translate to being better than Tua for 2021 or 2022 for that matter. I don't trust any QB coming from BYU. Tua's college history of accuracy and pocket presence >>> Wilson's 1 year wonder season and good arm.
    think you are very wrong. Wilson reminds me every bit of Mahomes and not a poor version but same level. he has a big arm. elite in the pocket, elite accuracy, highly intelligent. he had to do way more at BYU than any QB in the 2020 or 2021 class. his 1 year blows Tua's entire college career out of the water. Tua is nowhere near his level to me

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    think you are very wrong. Wilson reminds me every bit of Mahomes and not a poor version but same level. he has a big arm. elite in the pocket, elite accuracy, highly intelligent. he had to do way more at BYU than any QB in the 2020 or 2021 class. his 1 year blows Tua's entire college career out of the water. Tua is nowhere near his level to me
    agree to disagree i suppose lol. But there is zero, ZERO, chance Wilson's one year is better than Tua's entire collegiate career. that's just a ridiculous statement. Every year someone falls in love with a prospect . . . you are married to Wilson and that's cool, but he's not going to be a Dolphin.

agree to disagree i suppose lol. But there is zero, ZERO, chance Wilson's one year is better than Tua's entire collegiate career. that's just a ridiculous statement. Every year someone falls in love with a prospect . . . you are married to Wilson and that's cool, but he's not going to be a Dolphin.
    I tend to agree with you, I'd be shocked if Miami gave up on Tua, outside a trade for Watson that is... But I really don't think they will take one at 3 and flip him. Stranger things have happened though....

That said, when Derek talks about a QB prospect, I listen. He's right more often than not...

Wilson has a great deep ball, but his stick passes have no velocity on them. His arm on those stick passes is just flat out weak. Almost no velocity on those 12-15 yard passes that need to be thrown with real power. Thats a big negative for him imo.

I believe he will be drafted high either way, and with NO losing Brees, and Pitt possibly losing Ben, that's just 2 more teams that could be interested in him.

We can argue all day about if or if not Tua will be a good future QB. I however don't think his trade value is as high as people on this forum thinks. I doubt we would get a upper half first round for him. I think his value right now is likely closer to 2nd round than 1st round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    We can argue all day about if or if not Tua will be a good future QB. I however don't think his trade value is as high as people on this forum thinks. I doubt we would get a upper half first round for him. I think his value right now is likely closer to 2nd round than 1st round pick.
    This is probably true.

Aaron Wilson who covers the Texans and had a lot of the info on the Tunsil trade posted an article saying that Houston doesnít think very highly of Tua and wouldnít care about him in a trade.

So that immediately means we have to include additional trade value, but could in turn get something for Tua from another team. But heís diminished value right now so you guys are probably right and we wouldnít get something too high for him.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Aaron Wilson who covers the Texans and had a lot of the info on the Tunsil trade posted an article saying that Houston doesnít think very highly of Tua and wouldnít care about him in a trade.

So that immediately means we have to include additional trade value, but could in turn get something for Tua from another team. But heís diminished value right now so you guys are probably right and we wouldnít get something too high for him.
    then why trade him, right? I love the idea of Watson, seriously. But I'm not okay trading Tua for just a 2nd rd pick right now. I'd much rather see what we have in him. Unless we somehow got some team like ATL to give up 2021 2nd rd pick and 2022 2nd rd pick for Tua, I'm not interested in trading him. Every team tries to win a trade. If we traded Tua for anything less than a 1st rd pick, whoever trades for him won the trade in 2021.

I love Watson, but I am also really liking the idea of seeing what Tua can do in a full season with some new weapons. He's never going to be Allen, Mahomes, Watson, or Rodgers in terms of arm strength . . . but he could become our version of Brees or Brady, who are more accurate than strong armed.

I just don't know what I want anymore lol. FA period can't come soon enough for me lol.

Same LOL. I canít tell if this offseason is worse than last years anxiety of ďwill we get Tua or notĒ. Iím at the point where Iím hoping that Watson stays in Houston over him being actually available. I just donít want him in New York more than I want him in Miami.

At the end of the day, I donít care what we have to do to get Watson, because as long as you get him youíll be fine. You can fill out the offense with great players even without first rd picks the next two or three years. You have sunken cost in Tua for sure, but no one will care if Watson leads us to a Super Bowl.

The end result is that we need an elite QB, I believe Watson can be that so no price is too high unless itís emptying an entire draft or two.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    I tend to agree with you, I'd be shocked if Miami gave up on Tua, outside a trade for Watson that is... But I really don't think they will take one at 3 and flip him. Stranger things have happened though....

That said, when Derek talks about a QB prospect, I listen. He's right more often than not...
    so far looks like I was wrong on Herbert. I was wrong on RG3. Watson was my #1 QB in his class and Mahomes has proven me wrong there. QB is such a crapshoot

then why trade him, right? I love the idea of Watson, seriously. But I'm not okay trading Tua for just a 2nd rd pick right now. I'd much rather see what we have in him. Unless we somehow got some team like ATL to give up 2021 2nd rd pick and 2022 2nd rd pick for Tua, I'm not interested in trading him. Every team tries to win a trade. If we traded Tua for anything less than a 1st rd pick, whoever trades for him won the trade in 2021.

I love Watson, but I am also really liking the idea of seeing what Tua can do in a full season with some new weapons. He's never going to be Allen, Mahomes, Watson, or Rodgers in terms of arm strength . . . but he could become our version of Brees or Brady, who are more accurate than strong armed.

I just don't know what I want anymore lol. FA period can't come soon enough for me lol.
    I don't think you trade Tua just to trade him. However if and I stress if you trade for Watson then you likely trade Tua for what you can get which I think is likely a 2nd round pick. I think at this point Tua's trade status is similar to Rosen when we traded for Rosen.

This is a tough season because you have the 3rd overall pick which can be used on a top QB, you have Watson who is attainable for a lot of assets, and you have Tua who last season was a top rated QB in that draft. The right choice will likely move us into a consistent playoff team and the wrong decision will likely keep us in a team chasing a playoff spot.

Myself I am leaning towards keeping Tua and doing 1 of 2 things. Drafting a QB you like to compete with Tua kind of like the chargers did with Brees and Rivers, or option 2 and sticking with Tua and using that pick towards building the offense. I hate picking another QB but that is such a valuable position, and if both pan out then we have a trade asset that will net us more than what we drafted.

My first choice if possible is still trade down and pick up a extra pick, but if we are stuck at 3 I just can't see passing on a possible franchise QB to take a WR or OT.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast