Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Schefter is reporting that the sense in the building is that Deshaun is out. Mortensen and Him both said that at the moment that Miami is his preferred landing spot.

Theres also talk that the Jets could make the best offer, but again you have to look at the no trade clause for Watson. I know people like Robert Saleh, but is Watson going to want to play for a team that only won 2 games last year? Yes we desperately need help offensively, and trading a few picks right now will hurt that, but the same could be said with New York trading for him. Plus we have no income tax and the location.

If Grier and Flo decide to stick with Tua, Iíll understand. But you better be damn sure, because dealing with Watson and Allen would be catastrophic. Iím cool either way, but if itís just takes Tua, 3, 18 and a first next year then Iím in.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabama View Post
    My Top Ten in today's NFL

Patrick MahTom
    Tom Brady
    Aaron Rodgers
    Matt Ryan
    Drew Brees
    Derek Carr
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Russell Wilson
    Ryan Tannehill
    Josh Allen
    Really appreciate your opinion, but what statistical evidence can you supply that would even remotely suggest that Carr, Tannehill, or Matt Ryan (currently) are better than Watson? Please provide current statistical data that supports your opinion.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just looking through Twitter, I really donít understand why some people are so against giving up Tua and the three firsts. The only argument Iíve seen is that we need to surround him with talent, but itís not like we wonít have any picks after it?

Imagine making that trade, and you still land some kind of combo like Toney/Olave, Williams/Carter at RB, and some Olineman in the 3rd. And thatís only day 2. Watson just makes everyone better so you donít need a top 5 pick at WR with him.

A line up with those guys, and hell maybe through in Dazz Newsome or Dyami Brown in the 4th to be safe, along with guys like Parker, Geiscki and Gaskin would be at worst on the same level of overall talent that Watson has had in his career. Add that to an elite defense and an actual coaching staff and Watson can win you a super bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    At minimum, Watson is better than at least 4 of those quarterbacks. This isn't really debatable.

Due to his age and additional upside, there's an argument he's in the top 4 or top 5, at worst. No one is saying Watson is Tom Brady but if your are interesting in competing the next 7-10 years with a QB, it's probably not going to be Tom Brady (but who knows with that ****er lol).
    I'm not a Tom Brady fan but there's no denying what he has done and continues to do.

It's gonna make a lot of people mad but it's just how I see it. I would take any of those quarterbacks on my list over to Watson.

If I would do a list of top 20QB he would be probably at the 15th spot again that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Schefter is reporting that the sense in the building is that Deshaun is out. Mortensen and Him both said that at the moment that Miami is his preferred landing spot.

Theres also talk that the Jets could make the best offer, but again you have to look at the no trade clause for Watson. I know people like Robert Saleh, but is Watson going to want to play for a team that only won 2 games last year? Yes we desperately need help offensively, and trading a few picks right now will hurt that, but the same could be said with New York trading for him. Plus we have no income tax and the location.

If Grier and Flo decide to stick with Tua, Iíll understand. But you better be damn sure, because dealing with Watson and Allen would be catastrophic. Iím cool either way, but if itís just takes Tua, 3, 18 and a first next year then Iím in.
    He must really hate Houston to go to the Jets. They are no sure thing and even with a good hire at HC, still no guarantees. Besides, why would the gets want Watson? They have holes everywhere, it makes sense for them to draft their QB of the future and patch their holes everywhere they can. Miami is a few players from a Superbowl team with their defense, Watson would cement them as a WC team at worst and a Superbowl contender at best depending on what else breaks.

I'm fine keeping Tua and building around him if that's the plan, I like him. But Watson is a top 5 QB who would put you over the top, I'd be all for it especially if we can get him without giving up 3rd overall (I know that's unlikely).

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    He must really hate Houston to go to the Jets. They are no sure thing and even with a good hire at HC, still no guarantees. Besides, why would the gets want Watson? They have holes everywhere, it makes sense for them to draft their QB of the future and patch their holes everywhere they can. Miami is a few players from a Superbowl team with their defense, Watson would cement them as a WC team at worst and a Superbowl contender at best depending on what else breaks.

I'm fine keeping Tua and building around him if that's the plan, I like him. But Watson is a top 5 QB who would put you over the top, I'd be all for it especially if we can get him without giving up 3rd overall (I know that's unlikely).
    Literally the only reason I could see is because he really likes Saleh and wants to live in New York. But still those things are second to the actual supporting cast. I mean the Jets are better than their record last year, but itís not like the roster is just a a QB away. We need pieces on offense, but this Oline would be the best heís played with (not saying much), and heís got decent weapons. And of course we would still have ammo to get more help around him.

Watson isnít going to want to go to a team thatís not set up to win quickly. He doesnít want to waste years. Obviously there will be other teams heís interested in, but I think weíre such a unique situation because we actual have the capital to not completely gut the team and are competitive now.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-17-2021 at 06:37 PM.

Texans want Tua and 3 1st round picks. (Tua was #5) 2 of which are top 5 and the other 2 most likely both top 20. They can go pound salt as in no f___in way. Watson is very much a top 5 QB in this league while you do need a good QB to win you also need pieces around him. Tua will develop into a very good QB with the proper coaching and talent around him. Remember Tua had no training camp and was injured his last year of collage
    give him an offseason to concentrate on learning the pro game and not just healing. Did Dolphins fans learn nothing from the Marino years. This is a team game.

Trade down get more picks (1st for next year especially) bolster the running game, O-line, and defense this year in the draft. The FA class for WR is pretty good this year. Sign Marvin Jones bring in a veteran like AJ green or TY Hilton on incentive laden deals there are plenty of others those 3 just ones that come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    Texans want Tua and 3 1st round picks. (Tua was #5) 2 of which are top 5 and the other 2 most likely both top 20. They can go pound salt as in no f___in way. Watson is very much a top 5 QB in this league while you do need a good QB to win you also need pieces around him. Tua will develop into a very good QB with the proper coaching and talent around him. Remember Tua had no training camp and was injured his last year of collage
    give him an offseason to concentrate on learning the pro game and not just healing. Did Dolphins fans learn nothing from the Marino years. This is a team game.

Trade down get more picks (1st for next year especially) bolster the running game, O-line, and defense this year in the draft. The FA class for WR is pretty good this year. Sign Marvin Jones bring in a veteran like AJ green or TY Hilton on incentive laden deals there are plenty of others those 3 just ones that come to mind.
    Not all 1st round picks are created equal. Our first 2nd rounder this year is worth more than most 1st rounders in 2022. Nobody can top the Fins and Jets draft picks. Again, Texans has lost a lot of leverage already and if Watson doesn't waive his no-trade clause then it backs Houston even further into the corner.

Weíve been really spoiled the last two years with first round picks. People are really overvaluing them. We can still build without all of those picks.

Watson is gone, he wants out and there is no turning back. If any HC candidate were smart, they would decline interviews with HOU immediately cause they have nothing now.

I would not call HOU, but I would wait for them to call MIA.

I would offer the following.

A) Tua, #3, #50 and a 2022 1st rd pick for Watson

B) Tua, #18, #36, 2022 1st and 2022 2nd for Watson

C) #3, #36 and 2022 1st rd pick for Watson then flip Tua to a team outside the top 10 that loses out on one of the top QB options.

Watson has HOU over a barrel right now. If Watson refuses to play and sits out, HOU gets nothing in 2021, and then they get even less if they trade him in 2022 cause of his cap hit. Watson can pick his destination and then there is zero competition for him, leaving whichever team he wants to go to total control of the assets they want to give up. If it's MIA, in all reality, HOU will be trading Watson for quarters on the dollar to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Watson is gone, he wants out and there is no turning back. If any HC candidate were smart, they would decline interviews with HOU immediately cause they have nothing now.

I would not call HOU, but I would wait for them to call MIA.

I would offer the following.

A) Tua, #3, #50 and a 2022 1st rd pick for Watson

B) Tua, #18, #36, 2022 1st and 2022 2nd for Watson

C) #3, #36 and 2022 1st rd pick for Watson then flip Tua to a team outside the top 10 that loses out on one of the top QB options.

Watson has HOU over a barrel right now. If Watson refuses to play and sits out, HOU gets nothing in 2021, and then they get even less if they trade him in 2022 cause of his cap hit. Watson can pick his destination and then there is zero competition for him, leaving whichever team he wants to go to total control of the assets they want to give up. If it's MIA, in all reality, HOU will be trading Watson for quarters on the dollar to be honest
    You got it, absolutely right.

Houston is ****ed.

It'll be interesting to see what he ends up being traded for, cause he will most certainly be traded somewhere. One purposal on the athletic was Bosa, garappolo+ their first and second round picks.

That's a cool trade offer and all but unless i missed the part where the 9ers fired their GM and hired bill O'Brien, there's just no chance that deal is happening. Ever.

Is it fair? Maybe. Watson is a beast... But there's absolutely no way Houston is going to get a "fair" value and it's even worse Watson has a NTC.

As I said above, they're ****ed.

Well Watson liked a photo of the NYTimes saying they should trade for Watson. So there goes my argument that he wonít like the Jets.

This is going to end with him going to NY and us drafting a LB with the 3rd pick and just being bad again.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Well Watson liked a photo of the NYTimes saying they should trade for Watson. So there goes my argument that he wonít like the Jets.

This is going to end with him going to NY and us drafting a LB with the 3rd pick and just being bad again.
    Damn straight. Itís the Dolphin way, sadly.

I am thinking the Texans will not be interested in Tua. If they get the 3rd pick it will almost surely be for a QB. Tua just did not impress in his first season, and with players coming out and saying basically the same thing I am doubting the Texans will be wanting him to replace Watson.

I am afraid we will be in the same situation the cardinals were with Rosen. Either stick with Rosen another season or give him up for less than his worth.

you could always trade X to someone and gain another 1st and 2nd to use to get Watson. and if you keep pick 3 you can trade down and gain some picks back that you traded to get him

me personally I want Zach Wilson over Watson as I think he is the superior QB. trade Tua during the draft to SF or someone
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 01-19-2021 at 02:11 AM.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast