Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
    The stupidest thing about the afraid to pull the trigger thing is that Tua was TOO AGGRESSIVE in 2018. He was always throwing deep. The thing that made me fall in love with his potential is that he grew into a smarter QB and started to read defenses more (as much as college QBs read defenses).

I just cannot get over how all of this drama is avoided if Flo just doesn’t bench Tua. I really think most people would have just said Tua had a very normal rookie QB season.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    The stupidest thing about the afraid to pull the trigger thing is that Tua was TOO AGGRESSIVE in 2018. He was always throwing deep. The thing that made me fall in love with his potential is that he grew into a smarter QB and started to read defenses more (as much as college QBs read defenses).

I just cannot get over how all of this drama is avoided if Flo just doesn’t bench Tua. I really think most people would have just said Tua had a very normal rookie QB season.
    exactly! he had a very typical rookie season with his ups and downs. if the Phins were not in a playoff hunt, I don't think Tua would have been pulled at all. the media likes to pick apart him getting pulled for Fitz. but they don't really talk about how well he played, particularly against ARZ, KC, and SD (where he out-dueled the media's darling Herbert). SD was never really in the playoff hunt, so they had nothing to lose playing Herbert. Herbert was house money for them. Tua was used to start games, and then when he faltered, as rookies do, Fitz came in to help clean up because of the playoff possibilities.

Tua will be great this year, especially with the weapons we now have and the OL having that extra experience and a full, regular TC for the entire offense.

I was not impressed with Tua last year. I thought the offense looked much better under Fitzpatrick. However I think thats understandable as Fitz has a lot more experience. I also felt Herbert looked better than Tua. This will be a critical season for Tua because we can use alot of excuses to explain Tua last year, it will be hard to use those same excuses this year.

There is no way I am meeting the Texans 5 first expectations for Watson. If they are willing to take Howard and a few draft picks I would consider it. If not I am looking at going with Tua as are QB and see if he can take the next step.

Dolphins LB Benardrick McKinney restructured his contract. Previously he had 3 years left on his deal worth up to $27.5M, including a $7.75M salary in 2021.

McKinney will now earn a $3M salary in 2021, plus $200K in playtime incentives. He’ll now be a free agent in 2022.

Not the best look for a team who’s saying you should honor your contract with X.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 07-28-2021 at 08:12 AM.

Dolphins LB Benardrick McKinney restructured his contract. Previously he had 3 years left on his deal worth up to $27.5M, including a $7.75M salary in 2021.

McKinney will now earn a $3M salary in 2021, plus $200K in playtime incentives. He’ll now be a free agent in 2022.

Not the best look for a team who’s saying you should honor your contract with X.
    McKinney took a pay cut.
    X is not asking for a pay cut.

Did McKinney sign the contract with Miami or did he sign the contract with Houston? If you're going to try and compare contracts at least use apples to apples and not apples to oranges man.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    McKinney took a pay cut.
    X is not asking for a pay cut.

Did McKinney sign the contract with Miami or did he sign the contract with Houston? If you're going to try and compare contracts at least use apples to apples and not apples to oranges man.
    Bro, they forced a 29 year old player coming off an injury to cut 2 years off his deal and take a 60% pay cut this year. The team is telling X he has to honor his contract, while cutting a vet players deal substantially.

Bro, they forced a 29 year old player coming off an injury to cut 2 years off his deal and take a 60% pay cut this year. The team is telling X he has to honor his contract, while cutting a vet players deal substantially.
    One last time....

The Texans signed McKinney to the contract not the Dolphins. The contract he has with Miami is now the one he has with the pay cut. Miami wants McKinney to honor the contract he signed with Miami not Houston. Miami didn't "force" McKinney to take the pay cut either. Did they put a gun to his head and make him sign the restructured deal? Please answer that Kody.
    Miami signed X to the contract he is currently on and expect shim to honor it.

"Honor" is a word we can have a discussion about. I think they are just using that as leverage with respect of his trade value.

Whatever doesn’t matter you don’t get it.

Fluker is going on IR after having a knee scope yesterday. The team is reaching an injury settlement with him and are expected to release him.

When a player is placed on IR during camp they are not eligible to come back during the season. But if the team reaches an injury settlement they can cut him and then resign him in a few weeks when he’s healthy.

The team had hopes he could compete or at least be the top swing option. The injury is expected to keep him out 3-4 weeks.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051