Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Its almost June 1st. We should see some action. I wonder what Dolphins players will be impacted tomorrow.
    Iíd be stunned if Miami makes any noticeable moves until camp. At best after mini camp. We know that this team will do absolutely everything to let the young guys get on the field. Itís why I donít see Ingram or Hooker getting signed until August. Let the young guys show that theyíre not ready for more snaps first.

In terms of cuts, really the only names that make sense is WR and they are definitely letting that battle go to camp. I mean it feels obvious to me that thereís only 1 or 2 spots open, but I understand why you make these vets fight it out.

According to nflrumors.net the Dolphins have talked to LB KJ Wright. Herald is also talking about it, but didnít directly report that theyíve heard it as well.

Ive consistently said that Baker is not as good of a coverage LB as some talk about. Heís great in man, but doesnít have the instincts in zone. KJ Wright has been one of the best coverage LBs in the NFL the past decade. If McKinney is going to play a lot outside, Iíd love Wright for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Iíd be stunned if Miami makes any noticeable moves until camp. At best after mini camp. We know that this team will do absolutely everything to let the young guys get on the field. Itís why I donít see Ingram or Hooker getting signed until August. Let the young guys show that theyíre not ready for more snaps first.

In terms of cuts, really the only names that make sense is WR and they are definitely letting that battle go to camp. I mean it feels obvious to me that thereís only 1 or 2 spots open, but I understand why you make these vets fight it out.
    And I don't think we really have anyone there that frees up much cap space whether we let them go pre or post June1.

We're good for one more signing, without releasing too many other players. Someone like Wright would shore up our LB unit for sure, but I still may want Engram over him. I'd like to see more pass rush on the team. The writing is on the wall for Grant . . . just couldn't live up to the contract. Not his fault, it's Grier's for giving him that much.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    We're good for one more signing, without releasing too many other players. Someone like Wright would shore up our LB unit for sure, but I still may want Engram over him. I'd like to see more pass rush on the team. The writing is on the wall for Grant . . . just couldn't live up to the contract. Not his fault, it's Grier's for giving him that much.
    Iím sure the coaches pushed for it too. Grant was apparently having a great camp when they did it. I donít see Grier making too many decisions without consulting with Flo as well.

We can make it work for any of the FAs left. I donít see any of them getting lucrative deals. Theyíll push for it, but thatís why I think it waits til camp. Either they get desperate or an injury happens for a team and pushes them to sign one.

Give me 2 of Wright, Ingram, and Hooker and Iíll finally be fully on board with this defense. Right now youíre just putting too much pressure on rookies like Phillips and Holland to make a massive impact right away. Even though Ingram and Hooker have their own problems, just knowing we have someone that can be above average in the league would make me feel comfortable as a floor.

And for Wright, I just have no faith in the LB room. Iíve just never been that high on McKinney and Baker. I believe Wright would step in and immediately be the best cover LB on this team it would also help McKinney play more outside in the Van Noy role.

Cut Jakeem, and give Hooker a 1 year 2 mil deal. Find money elsewhere to give Ingram a 1 year 4 mil deal. Both heavy incentives.

Per ESPN, Titans are expected to trade a 2nd round pick and some other change for Julio.

Happy heís not going to NE and happy to see Tannehill continue to thrive.

God I hope Tua is good, because that game against the Titans could be fun this year. Iím ready to be crushed when Tannehill beats us with a last second bomb.

it was a good gamble by TEN. It will end up being a late 2nd, but probably the best deal they could get. Guarantee no team was out there offering a 1st like reports indicate. But the deal doesn't make them SB contenders. Their defense is swiss cheese. I loved Tanny before and I will always cheer him on (unless against Phins).

Tua is going to be really good this year. I can't wait to see Tua in an offense catered to him.

Linebacker Jerome Baker and the Miami Dolphins have agreed on a three-year contract extension worth $39 million, including $28.4 million guaranteed, his agent @DrewJRosenhaus tells ESPN.

Dolphins are really going to give Baker, one of my least favorite players on the team, a contract instead of Geiscki, one of the best TEs in the NFL.

Not the biggest fan of this contract honestly. Feels a lot like when we gave Jakeem the extension. I like the process of getting ahead of it before their contract year, but youíre really banking on Baker continually getting better because he hasnít been worth this.

Baker always puts up big numbers, and is incredible at blitzing. But people forget at one point last year that he was a rotational player and losing snaps to Roberts. My biggest problem is that he just always seems like a step slow to recognize things. If he triggers faster then heíll be a stud. But he doesnít which always means heís playing clean up.

I want to see him blowing up a screen pass, instead of just making the tackle 6 yards down the field. Good player, but not as good as some make him seem.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 06-13-2021 at 03:30 PM.

Baker is very good, solid deal for him. We have tons of cap room, not worried about this effecting Geiscki

Yea, there's no reason to lock him right away if you're still throwing a boatload of cash at him anyway. This hardly saved us money.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Yea, there's no reason to lock him right away if you're still throwing a boatload of cash at him anyway. This hardly saved us money.
    The deal isnít terrible. You also have some other young LB deals coming up so if Baker DOES have a big year itís better to get to it first. Guys like Fred Warner and Darius Leonard are coming up and will absolutely blow the market up.

Iím just not the biggest fan of Baker which is why I donít like the move. We now have two LBs on the roster making over $10 mil a year and I really donít like either of them lol. Flo just sees things different. Their coverage issues can be covered up the secondary and the Dline should be good enough to keep the LBs clean.

I donít know, people who I respect like him a lot more than I do. PFF is really the only place that hates Baker.

Baker is a good player, and he seems to be ascending at the right time. I think this was a smart play by Grier at this time. He set the floor for FA LBers with this contract. Now, I don't necessarily think Baker is worth the money, but with the cap expecting to get increase even more in the next couple of years, it doesn't bother me neither. I think it will be seen as a fair deal on both ends, and then he still has the chance to break the bank at age 27-28 again.

I love Gesicki, and I hope he is next for an extension, but I want to see a season with him and Tua working together. Last year Gesicki was balling mostly with Fitz at QB. He wasn't quite gelling with Tua too much. He had some good games (like KC), but it seemed like they were off a bit. Gesicki is gonna get PAID, but not sure just how much. I see the Hunter Henry deal as his floor.

Also, keep in mind that Will Fuller is a prime extension candidate too. If MIA is in the hunt for the playoffs and the AFCE division title, and Tua has exceeded expectations, then Fuller will most likely be a big reason why.

I'm more curious about Howard. Are they going to give him the couple million extra on his deal to make him happy? Or is he prime for a trade? I keep seeing opinions like Howard for Chandler Jones, or Howard for Danielle Hunter . . . what about keeping one of the best secondaries together and just give him the couple extra mill? This extension for Baker has me fearing this is Howard's last season with MIA, or he may not even make it the season.
    Last edited by CeltBruinSoxFan; 06-14-2021 at 08:21 AM.

You guys don't understand that this was a perfect time to get this done as the LB market is about to explode with money as a ton of top end guys need deals. Leonard, Warner, Edmunds, Smith, etc.

You wait to give him a deal after those guys get ones then your going to be paying more.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Baker is a good player, and he seems to be ascending at the right time. I think this was a smart play by Grier at this time. He set the floor for FA LBers with this contract. Now, I don't necessarily think Baker is worth the money, but with the cap expecting to get increase even more in the next couple of years, it doesn't bother me neither. I think it will be seen as a fair deal on both ends, and then he still has the chance to break the bank at age 27-28 again.

I love Gesicki, and I hope he is next for an extension, but I want to see a season with him and Tua working together. Last year Gesicki was balling mostly with Fitz at QB. He wasn't quite gelling with Tua too much. He had some good games (like KC), but it seemed like they were off a bit. Gesicki is gonna get PAID, but not sure just how much. I see the Hunter Henry deal as his floor.

Also, keep in mind that Will Fuller is a prime extension candidate too. If MIA is in the hunt for the playoffs and the AFCE division title, and Tua has exceeded expectations, then Fuller will most likely be a big reason why.

I'm more curious about Howard. Are they going to give him the couple million extra on his deal to make him happy? Or is he prime for a trade? I keep seeing opinions like Howard for Chandler Jones, or Howard for Danielle Hunter . . . what about keeping one of the best secondaries together and just give him the couple extra mill? This extension for Baker has me fearing this is Howard's last season with MIA, or he may not even make it the season.
    I am betting Fuller is a 1 year player for the Fins.

I would try and give Howard a contract with a big bump next season. The cap is likely to go up substantially at the end of this season and we will more likely be able to fit in his contract.

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast