Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 675 of 758
  1. #661
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,915
    Josina Anderson
    As of this tweet, Melvin Ingram and the Dolphins are still in talks and the process of behind-the-scenes communication is still ongoing, per source. We'll see what, if anything materializes.

    Ive loved Ingram for awhile now. Didnt have the sacks last year but still incredibly disruptive. Also helps to not put all of the pressure on just Phillips to be the guy right away. Although I wouldnt be surprised if this is just like the Hooker situation where they touch base and maybe come back in camp.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 05-24-2021 at 09:17 PM.

  2. #662
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    30,927
    Kinda surprised by that as Flores and the coaches like certain sizes for guys and Ingram is undersized.

  3. #663
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Kinda surprised by that as Flores and the coaches like certain sizes for guys and Ingram is undersized.
    Theyve kinda done that a few times this offseason. Waddle is different than the mold they liked in WR. Eichenberg is nothing like any of the other OTs theyve drafted. My hope is that it Flores realized that the team he built last year with his guys wasnt good enough so hes willing to try different molds now.

  4. #664
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Kinda surprised by that as Flores and the coaches like certain sizes for guys and Ingram is undersized.
    If he can get a legit pass rusher for a 1 year deal, He probably doesn't care about size.

    Also Building the Core of the roster he definitely has certain size specifications in mind, but now that were past that point, adding talent at any size is a plus, Liam is way smaller than all the oline guys we drafted, but he can play and is a ready now Rookie, and they drafted him.

  5. #665
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,075
    so just curious, would any one want to trade for Julio? i know he's injury prone the past couple years, but he may put this offense over the top. The cap sucks, but what if you can trade Parker and a 2022 3rd or 4th? I would certainly think about doing it. Jones, Fuller, Waddle, and Gesicki? that's some serious firepower.

  6. #666
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,129
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    so just curious, would any one want to trade for Julio? i know he's injury prone the past couple years, but he may put this offense over the top. The cap sucks, but what if you can trade Parker and a 2022 3rd or 4th? I would certainly think about doing it. Jones, Fuller, Waddle, and Gesicki? that's some serious firepower.
    I would rather keep Parker. Parker is younger and he is coming into his own. Julio is showing signs of aging not just with injuries but in performance.

    I am not saying Julio Jones isn't a excellent receiver still, but when I watch him he is not the same guy he was 3 years ago. He is starting the slide down that happens with age.
    Last edited by Plague; 05-25-2021 at 10:19 AM.

  7. #667
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,915
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    so just curious, would any one want to trade for Julio? i know he's injury prone the past couple years, but he may put this offense over the top. The cap sucks, but what if you can trade Parker and a 2022 3rd or 4th? I would certainly think about doing it. Jones, Fuller, Waddle, and Gesicki? that's some serious firepower.
    10000% yes. Hes lost a step but the step he had before was still a mile ahead of everyone. He was still great last year before the injury. Last year was also the first time hes missed more than 2 games on a long *** time if I remember correctly.

    Parker is good, but Im willing to bet Julio can perform better than Parker over the next 3 years.

  8. #668
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,934
    No to Julio, We already have 2 new WRs to work into the offense, Bowden is still super young too, he needs his reps. No room for Julio.

  9. #669
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,075
    I honestly think Julio is better than Parker right now, and will be better than him next year as well. I'd make that trade no problem honestly. It will never happen, but my gosh what an array of weapons Tua would have at his disposal. There would be literally no excuse for Tua this season to not make a huge leap forward if they went all out to get Jones.

    Bowden is a project slot WR. Nobody on the perimeter is stealing touches from Bowden (meaning Parker & Fuller). Waddle is stealing touches from Bowden, and I'm 110% okay with that lol. If Bowden improves in TC, then great, slot him in at WR 4/5 with Wilson, and cut Hurns and Grant. But to say no to Jones just because of Bowden? Come on, no way.

  10. #670
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,915
    #Dolphins coach Brian Flores on Melvin Ingram visit, prospects of signing him: Im not going to get into it, but we do our due diligence and in this instance, we wanted to take a look and see where that is. Well see where it goes from here.

  11. #671
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,934
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I honestly think Julio is better than Parker right now, and will be better than him next year as well. I'd make that trade no problem honestly. It will never happen, but my gosh what an array of weapons Tua would have at his disposal. There would be literally no excuse for Tua this season to not make a huge leap forward if they went all out to get Jones.

    Bowden is a project slot WR. Nobody on the perimeter is stealing touches from Bowden (meaning Parker & Fuller). Waddle is stealing touches from Bowden, and I'm 110% okay with that lol. If Bowden improves in TC, then great, slot him in at WR 4/5 with Wilson, and cut Hurns and Grant. But to say no to Jones just because of Bowden? Come on, no way.
    Its not just Bowden, its Bowden, Fuller, and Waddle.

    You really think it makes sense to bring in all 3 of those guys AND Julio with a new playbook, not to mention give up draft picks for Julio?

    Would never happen.

  12. #672
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,075
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Its not just Bowden, its Bowden, Fuller, and Waddle.

    You really think it makes sense to bring in all 3 of those guys AND Julio with a new playbook, not to mention give up draft picks for Julio?

    Would never happen.
    Jones is still a top 10 WR imo. Fuller and Parker are not imo. so yeah, i'd have no problem dealing Parker and a 2022 3rd or 4th for Jones. Nobody is scared of Parker on defense. You think DCs are sitting there wondering how to stop Parker? nah. you swap Parker with Jones, then you you have DCs and DBs wondering who are they going to focus on. I know the trade is not going to happen, but I'd embrace it if it didn't involve anything higher than a 3rd rd pick and Parker.

  13. #673
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,915
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Jones is still a top 10 WR imo. Fuller and Parker are not imo. so yeah, i'd have no problem dealing Parker and a 2022 3rd or 4th for Jones. Nobody is scared of Parker on defense. You think DCs are sitting there wondering how to stop Parker? nah. you swap Parker with Jones, then you you have DCs and DBs wondering who are they going to focus on. I know the trade is not going to happen, but I'd embrace it if it didn't involve anything higher than a 3rd rd pick and Parker.
    Yea Julio is still easily a top 10 WR. Fuller is an incredible receiver when healthy, but Parker is more of a top #2.

    Id trade for Julio immediately, but its clearly not going to happen. No money and Grier isnt about to trade assets for an older WR.

  14. #674
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,934
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Jones is still a top 10 WR imo. Fuller and Parker are not imo. so yeah, i'd have no problem dealing Parker and a 2022 3rd or 4th for Jones. Nobody is scared of Parker on defense. You think DCs are sitting there wondering how to stop Parker? nah. you swap Parker with Jones, then you you have DCs and DBs wondering who are they going to focus on. I know the trade is not going to happen, but I'd embrace it if it didn't involve anything higher than a 3rd rd pick and Parker.
    Why would they want Parker if they are going to trade Julio, that makes no sense?

    And Fuller statistically is the best deep threat WR in the nfl in recent years. Hes not to some back tier wr, dude is a super stud.

  15. #675
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,129
    Its almost June 1st. We should see some action. I wonder what Dolphins players will be impacted tomorrow.

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •