Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Dolphins have informed team captain and starting safety Bobby McCain that they are releasing him today, per source.

LOL never listen to a thing I say about this team ever again. You guys are all right, I’m a massive idiot.
    LOL you're still okay Kody.

Dolphins are signing DB Jason McCourty.

From Barry
    “ Dolphins, in signing Jason McCourty, left open with him the possibility of using him at corner and safety, per source. One-year deal. Could back up Howard and Byron Jones, and also compete with Holland to replace McCain and Brandon Jones free safety.”

Don’t know if this just outright stops us from signing Hooker, but I think this gives us a good backup plan if Holland or Jones aren’t comfortable with the spot right away.

Lions released Kerryon Johnson, unless its injury related we should jump all over that.

Kerryon hasn't been "heathy" since his rookie year, but im willing to take a flyer.

He absolutely fits the mold of RB I think we need. Since the team is comfortable with Gaskin and Brown already I don’t think the injury concern should scare us.

But he’s going through waivers first so good chance we don’t get him.

I’m sure there will be plenty of good RBs cut in camp. Don’t forget that Fournette was cut late last year and wound up being the lead back for the Bucs.

McCourty is a great get being he has posted that he wants to mentor young DBs. So its a big fit on that.

Kerryon was claimed by the Eagles.

So the wait continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    McCourty is a great get being he has posted that he wants to mentor young DBs. So its a big fit on that.
    Absolutely perfect. He’s not someone who you feel the need to start over young guys, but gives enough depth to push someone like Noah or Hollan. I cannot stress enough how lucky we were with CB injuries last year.

He also immediately fills the hole that Bobby left in leadership.

Hopefully we tighten up the defense for the next two years so that we can pick up a QB in 2023. It fascinates me that people think Tua will suddenly “figure it out”. Dude was benched 3 times. Not even decent QBs get benched 3 times, not even in their rookie year.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielSW View Post
    Hopefully we tighten up the defense for the next two years so that we can pick up a QB in 2023. It fascinates me that people think Tua will suddenly “figure it out”. Dude was benched 3 times. Not even decent QBs get benched 3 times, not even in their rookie year.
    Should have been 4 with the rams game. We were, at best, a 6-10 team with our starting lineup. I would have loved to see us pick a QB in the first 3 rounds to take Tua’s job. Russel Wilson took the job his rookie year as a 3 td rounder. A good QB makes Parker and the rest of our receiving corps better than a new WR.

Payton Manning's rookie year he was 3-13 with a 56.7 % completion more interceptions (28) than touchdowns (26) and roughly 3700 yards passing and most likely should have been benched many times just wasn't for lack of decent back up. Manning had Marshall Faulk and Marvin Harrison as weapons on that team also. Two much better weapons than any Miami QB had this year. Tua was not great and I wanted Hebert over him but lets not give up just yet there are plenty of other QB that sucked when just coming into the league.

Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    Payton Manning's rookie year he was 3-13 with a 56.7 % completion more interceptions (28) than touchdowns (26) and roughly 3700 yards passing and most likely should have been benched many times just wasn't for lack of decent back up. Manning had Marshall Faulk and Marvin Harrison as weapons on that team also. Two much better weapons than any Miami QB had this year. Tua was not great and I wanted Hebert over him but lets not give up just yet there are plenty of other QB that sucked when just coming into the league.
    This is a wonderful example of how stats can be meaningless... Peyton was picked up by a... what, 1-15 team? He also never got benched for being absolutely atrocious. 3 times (shoulda been 4). Tua had like... ONE good game. The rest were mediocre. I never once saw anything that gave me hope for the future. He’s bad. I’m allowed to make my assessment that he’s bad, just like the Cardinals made they decision that their QB was bad and moved on.

We should have drafted a QB to compete. Guarantee we see Brisett this season. More than I or you want to.

Man I sure did miss the “we should move on from Tua” debate. Can’t wait to argue against a brick wall.

Anywho how do you guys think the safety rotation plays out? Holland or Jones going to FS?

The colts were 3-13 the year they picked him and a playoff team the year before that. They had multiple future hall of famers on offense also Marshall Faulk and Marvin Harrison are like i stated light years more talented then anything the Dolphins had last year. Marshall Faulk topped all receivers, grabbing 86 passes for 908 yards. Marvin Harrison and Torrance Small contributed to the receiving game also.
    Marshall Faulk carried the ball for a team-leading 1,319 yards for Indianapolis.
    How many times would Manning have been benched if the colts had anybody that was close to decent as a back up or trying to make the playoffs.
    Manning could have been benched in any of the 11 games he threw multiple ints, including 3 games with 3 ints or the the 3 games his completion percentage was under 50 percent or the 5 games he did not top 200 yards passing. He had many bumps along the road.

Tua also was coming off major surgery no training camp or off season work with the team. I am not a Tua fan at all and liked Hebert a lot more in that draft. Give the kid a chance. I am not saying that Tua will be any good as an NFL QB but its way to early to tell. You are allowed to make your assessment but as it seems the Dolphins management team thought Tua was there guy or they would of drafted some one else.

Based on what I have seen I have my doubts about Tua but he deserves a second season. We could go through a ton of QBs that struggled in their first couple of seasons only too turn in great careers. I think John Elway is likely the best example.

John Elway in his rookie season started 10 games. The Broncos in games Elway didn't start were 5-1. In games Elway started 4-6. Elway had a 54.9 passer rating.

Some that come to mind are Terry Bradshaw, Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Peyton Manning, and Dan Fouts,

Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast