Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I will say it again. After spending 3 picks in the first 3 rounds last year I don't expect much in drafting this year. I expect the earliest we will pick a lineman will be 2nd round and most likely it will be a center in the 3rd round. Got to give a few years for this young line to gel, but a center has to be in the future.
    Iíve been trying to say that for awhile but people are just so blind to Sewell.

Grier wouldnít trade 2 picks just to pick a LT after he watched the Texans do the same thing and make no real improvement on the Oline. Having 5 guys who are good is more important than adding 1 elite player. You do that by competition and depth. Not trading up for a top guy.

Center is the only spot they should look at now. Although I wouldnít be stunned if they go with Dieter/Davis/Skura.

DJ a soild depth guy, startable if need be.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Fluker is great 'depth'. I would be hesitant to start him unless we're in a pinch.

Also re-signed Needham. more depth. I really, really hope Iggy takes the NCB role in TC and just doesn't let go.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Fluker is great 'depth'. I would be hesitant to start him unless we're in a pinch.

Also re-signed Needham. more depth. I really, really hope Iggy takes the NCB role in TC and just doesn't let go.
    Iíd be fine at RG. He fits their mold of just huge body thatís hard to get around. The scheme will protect him enough in pass sets.

From what Iíve seen from the local guys, Noah really isnít expected to get a look at NCB. The team brought in Coleman AND have done a ton of work on NCB guys in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Iíd be fine at RG. He fits their mold of just huge body thatís hard to get around. The scheme will protect him enough in pass sets.

From what Iíve seen from the local guys, Noah really isnít expected to get a look at NCB. The team brought in Coleman AND have done a ton of work on NCB guys in the draft.
    If that's true, very disappointing.

He's looking more and more like a wasted draft pick. Didn't like it at the time, absolutely hate it now.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    If that's true, very disappointing.

He's looking more and more like a wasted draft pick. Didn't like it at the time, absolutely hate it now.
    I think they REALLY didnít expect X to be as good as he was last year. You can tell by the amount of money they gave Jones and of course the Noah pick. I mean who knows how the draft will shake down, but they are spending tons of time with CBs.

Noah may end up good in the future. I wouldnít be surprised if he was a starter in two years. But where weíre sitting at right now it really sucks that we spent a very valuable pick on depth, albeit at the most important spot on the defense, at the start of the rebuild. The fact that we may have to invest ANOTHER top 100 pick on a CB, when we have so many other holes is so frustrating.

But we also got incredibly lucky with injuries last year so Iím sure Noah will get playing time soon. Iím also getting sucked into the idea that the team has sped up their winning window and should be drafting for need instead of BPA.

Noah was hella raw coming out, was more a 2nd rounder but seems they liked him enough they didn't want to loose him. He's more a boundary guy and not a slot guy, there is a chance he moves to safety or plays the 3rd safety/6th DB role.

Noah will be a stud, I still love that pick.

He was never expected to be great his rookie year.

Letís go sign Melvin Ingram!

Miami brought FS Malik Hooker in for a visit today. The Herald said a few months ago that the team wanted to upgrade at safety, so this potential signing with Holland shows that someone is gone.

Iím so confused because I thought Bobby and Rowe played well. Iíd stick with Rowe between the two simply because heís a great TE guy. But I also feel like Bobbyís knowledge of the defense is so important to the coverages.

But this team has decided to roll with other young players at plenty of other spots. I just hope people keep that in mind when setting expectations for the season.

Well Hooker just posted that he didnít sign with the team so that was a fun 30 minutes lol

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Well Hooker just posted that he didnít sign with the team so that was a fun 30 minutes lol
    I was really hoping we signed him. Why not kick the tires on a first round talent.

NEVERMIND IM JUST DUMB! He tweeted ďI tried to sneak on this visit. It ainít work.Ē Meaning he was just hoping that people wouldnít know he was doing the visit. I took it as he wasnít able to get a contract.

Is he more of a play maker? Are they maybe hoping to gain more turnovers from the position?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Is he more of a play maker? Are they maybe hoping to gain more turnovers from the position?
    The cover 1 defense, takes away the middle of the field, and the run game in theory.

So having a secondary full of guys who can pick the ball is a huge boost to the defense, because it forces the qb to make harder throws and throws they aren't comfortable with.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to get Hooker on the cheap on a 1 year deal and tell him that he would get a lot of turnover opportunities, and he could cash in next season.

This defense on paper is really close to being completely dominating.

Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast