Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839
    The dude was going to get paid $13M in this season . . .that's the total amount of the contract he signed with NE for two years (i believe). We gave him a crap ton of cash for one season. He didn't live up to the figure, nor was he ever going to live up to the amount of his contract in 2021. It's true we'll never know, but he got hurt and then wasn't the same for us. The business side got him.

What about the possibility of trading up from 18? We have a ton of assets. I wouldn’t mind using some day 3 picks or future pics to move up to 10-13 and get a top player to pair with Sewell at 3.

Quote Originally Posted by oconn444 View Post
    What about the possibility of trading up from 18? We have a ton of assets. I wouldn’t mind using some day 3 picks or future pics to move up to 10-13 and get a top player to pair with Sewell at 3.
    I hope we don't move up. There really isn't that much of a difference between 10 and 20. If anything I hope we trade down with 18 and get a extra 2nd or 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I hope we don't move up. There really isn't that much of a difference between 10 and 20. If anything I hope we trade down with 18 and get a extra 2nd or 3rd.
    I agree. A move up from 18 to 10-12 will probably take a 3 at least. This draft isn’t very good at the top. I’d be looking to get even more picks in day 2 or 3 as there is a lot of depth at WR, LB, and OT.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I agree. A move up from 18 to 10-12 will probably take a 3 at least. This draft isn’t very good at the top. I’d be looking to get even more picks in day 2 or 3 as there is a lot of depth at WR, LB, and OT.
    If we can trade down from 3 and 18 we can likely get one of the top RB and WR plus fill other needed positions.

I have a feeling we will see the last of the WR in that top group of Pitts, Chase, Waddle, and Smith fall to around 15ish. I'm leaning more so Smith just because I have him ranked 4th out of the group. If this were to happen I can easily see a team like the Bears/Jets/Jags possibly moving in front of us to nab one. But I'd also entertain the idea of moving up a few picks as well.
    I'm currently not in love with any prospect who potentially will be available at #18 unless we do trade down from #3 and pick up some more picks then I will be fine with taking Najae there if available. Zaven Collins, R. Bateman, Vera-Tucker, JOK, C. Darrisaw, G. Rousseau, J. Phillips I like but none move the needle for me. Obv if we go Sewell we won't to-line at #18, I hope. Bateman I can't figure out. JOK seems more liek a safety but I'm not big on selecting that early on a project moving from LB to Safety. Rousseau is intriguing but very raw. Phillips really only the heart condition scares me and if he didn't have that I think he's a 10 pick.

Luckily, we have so many options and can move all over the board in this draft thanks to the donation of picks from BOB.

Yea I think Smith can fall to the mid-teens area. The thing that’s been scaring me lately is the Bengals, Eagles, and Lions all need a WR. I could even see the Panthers take a guy like Waddle or Pitts to replace Samuel. So a trade back to say 8 or 9 could really hurt.

Really need someone in that group to fall in love with Slater and a defensive guy.

Jenkins is a solid pickup for us.

https://www.phinsnews.com/miami-dolp...-phins-pickup/

Quote Originally Posted by phinman007 View Post
    Only player on the roster over the age of 30 and first since Fitzpatrick that we’ve signed.

Hopefully this means they are willing to look past the ageism that we’ve seen under this regime.

Jenkins is likely borderline making the team. He will be competing with others to be a backup.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839