Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 583
  1. #241
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    16,287
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Most in here don't understand all 1st round picks aren't equal. #3 this years is extremely valuable if Miami is offering the pick + whatever for Watson/Russ.
    Yes, exactly. Some people here like to throw around 3rd overall in every trade offer like it's a nothing burger but to put it into perspective, any offer from the Panthers for Watson (for example) would need to include AT LEAST one additional first round pick, in order to match the 3rd overall picks value.

    That's what you would expect in a trade down, isn't it?

    Then compare it to a team like Washington, I don't even see how they can enter the conversation without 3 firsts and that still only equals 3rd overall by Miami.

    Which is why I'm on the "these trades are horrible" bandwagon.

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rincon, Georgia
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    100% agree on all of this.

    Also, I'm way more inclined to trade for Watson or Wilson after this season. Say we surround Tua with talent on offense and he doesn't look good in 2021 and we have the chance to acquire Russ/Watson/Dak. Do it then. We will have a ton of talent (in theory) on rookie deals.

    Most in here don't understand all 1st round picks aren't equal. #3 this years is extremely valuable if Miami is offering the pick + whatever for Watson/Russ.
    Absolutely! Build through the draft this year and see how Tua does with a better team around him. Then if he doesn't look like the QB of the future, go to plan B and get another QB.

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,603
    Every 1st is not created equal, you guys are right. But the 3rd pick more than likely gets you the 3rd best QB in this draft. Itís valuable, but not nearly as valuable as you guys are making it. You get to pick the scraps at QB, a good LT but not franchise changing LT, and your pick of 3 good WRs.

    And of course you have the reverse of this, is when talking about a future 1st in a trade for Watson or Wilson means youíre likely trading a late 1st. So thatís why the sticker price of multiple 1sts isnít nearly as terrible as some make it.

    Also according to Schefter, Wilsonís agent said the Dolphins arenít on that list if Wilson was to request a trade.

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Every 1st is not created equal, you guys are right. But the 3rd pick more than likely gets you the 3rd best QB in this draft. Itís valuable, but not nearly as valuable as you guys are making it. You get to pick the scraps at QB, a good LT but not franchise changing LT, and your pick of 3 good WRs.

    And of course you have the reverse of this, is when talking about a future 1st in a trade for Watson or Wilson means youíre likely trading a late 1st. So thatís why the sticker price of multiple 1sts isnít nearly as terrible as some make it.

    Also according to Schefter, Wilsonís agent said the Dolphins arenít on that list if Wilson was to request a trade.
    You still don't get it.

    The 3rd best qb could be better than the #1 best qb in other drafts.

    You need to look at it as, "what would Miami accept in trading down from #3 to the Panthers pick?" Whatever you think is fair for #3 say #8, 2021 2nd and 2022 1st is the equivalent of what Miami can offer Houston in a trade for Watson. I think it is agreed upon across the board that every team who makes an offer for Watson will most likely be then picking mid 20s for the next few years. So again, the #3 pick is the 3 most valuable pick as of right now until the end of time. This time next year the #3 pick, whoever has it, will have the 3rd most valuable pick from then till the end of time.

    Herbert was the 3rd qb taken last yr and I don't think you'd label him as "scraps"

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,972
    ^Nor should Wilson be a trade target for MIA. we're looking to get younger. If I'm not on board to give up a massive haul for Watson, I'm sure as heck not doing it for a physically beat up Wilson. He's a very, very good QB . . . but Watson is better at this point in their careers.

    I have to disagree with you on Sewell. I truly believe he is a legit franchise LT. Sure fire top 5 pick in any draft in the past 5 years.

    #3 holds more value to MIA right now than it does to HOU. MIA can take their pick between a franchise LT or a WR1 (thinking Wilson goes #2 to NYJ), or they can trade back for minimum top 10 pick and another top 40 pick in 2021, with another high pick in 2022 (1st or 2nd - depending how QB hungry the trading team is). Like you said, HOU would be subjected to picking the 3rd QB in this draft, or keeping Tua and selecting a franchise LT or WR1.

    I am curious to see if Grier and Flo bring is some 'older' FAs', seeing how close they were to making the playoffs last year.

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    ^Nor should Wilson be a trade target for MIA. we're looking to get younger. If I'm not on board to give up a massive haul for Watson, I'm sure as heck not doing it for a physically beat up Wilson. He's a very, very good QB . . . but Watson is better at this point in their careers.

    I have to disagree with you on Sewell. I truly believe he is a legit franchise LT. Sure fire top 5 pick in any draft in the past 5 years.

    #3 holds more value to MIA right now than it does to HOU. MIA can take their pick between a franchise LT or a WR1 (thinking Wilson goes #2 to NYJ), or they can trade back for minimum top 10 pick and another top 40 pick in 2021, with another high pick in 2022 (1st or 2nd - depending how QB hungry the trading team is). Like you said, HOU would be subjected to picking the 3rd QB in this draft, or keeping Tua and selecting a franchise LT or WR1.

    I am curious to see if Grier and Flo bring is some 'older' FAs', seeing how close they were to making the playoffs last year.
    If we were to trade for Watson I don't see Houston going QB at #3. Side note, if Texans do go QB #3 who says that's their 3rd ranked qb on the board? I believe Houston would look to trade down just like Miami SHOULD to get more draft ammo. Texans have a very crappy roster and some of the "names" on their roster will be gone in 3 years when Houston should be ready to compete after their rebuild, if they trade Watson.

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,603
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    You still don't get it.

    The 3rd best qb could be better than the #1 best qb in other drafts.

    You need to look at it as, "what would Miami accept in trading down from #3 to the Panthers pick?" Whatever you think is fair for #3 say #8, 2021 2nd and 2022 1st is the equivalent of what Miami can offer Houston in a trade for Watson. I think it is agreed upon across the board that every team who makes an offer for Watson will most likely be then picking mid 20s for the next few years. So again, the #3 pick is the 3 most valuable pick as of right now until the end of time. This time next year the #3 pick, whoever has it, will have the 3rd most valuable pick from then till the end of time.

    Herbert was the 3rd qb taken last yr and I don't think you'd label him as "scraps"
    Youíre really over thinking this. Of course the 3rd best QB could still be the best. But itís a useless argument because then you fall down the slope of it doesnít matter where you pick but who you pick. Why draft a QB in the first round at all when Tom Brady was a day 3 pick? You donít need the 1st overall pick because Dak was a 4th round pick.

    Yes the opportunity to draft the 3rd best QB in the draft is still valuable, but you have no idea how teams will evaluate this class. Thereís a chance Carolina has Fields ranked as the 15th best player on their board, or actually 4th ranked QB. And you have that same argument for every team with every player.

    Sewell is good, but thereís multiple reports that teams like Slater more than him. I love Sewell but heís not being deemed as the next Joe Thomas, but instead maybe the next Tunsil.

    And on top of ALL of that, itís useless to compare the value of the 3rd pick to what we could get for it when more than likely the Texans wouldnít be trading back from the pick. It seems like they arenít as high on Tua as we are, so they are staying out at that pick. So Houston isnít going to care about what we could get for it. Now if they do decide to wait on QB thatís an entirely different conversation so theyíll value the pick higher. But the most recent word from John McClain was that they wanted the ability to pick the 2nd best QB.

    I get it. You guys donít value Watson as highly as I or others do. Itís fine. But if youíre going to discuss the possibility of a trade, you have to look at it from a billion different angles. The Texans are going to squeeze every little bit out of this trade as possible so you have to think about why they would turn down a specific offer.

    If you donít think the value is there, THATS FINE, but it doesnít mean that it probably wonít be much higher than most of you are making it out to be. These pick REALLY donít have as much value as you seem to think it does. Hell, we had 3 firsts last year and all it got us was a decent rookie QB, a LT who struggled his rookie year, and a 4th string CB who never saw the field. You can only PRAY that any of these picks we talk about in a trade become half the player Watson is.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 02-25-2021 at 04:23 PM.

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,603
    Separate from the useless QB debate, Packers Center Corey Linsley expects to be a FA and sign elsewhere. Even though I love this Center class, I would love to sign a proven guy like Linsley. Just get a proven top Center and make sure the middle of this line solid.

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Newton, NJ
    Posts
    3,715
    Im a no on Aaron Jones. Love the player but no need to pay a RB that. Its a cheap position in todays NFL. If this was a weak RB class and we were a RB and another piece or two away from SB contention, then maybe you sell out but we're not in that situation so no thanks.

    Also, Miami is gonna be linked to a lot of places because of our cap room, blatant needs for "playmakers", and we rival the Jets who have tons of cap space. Big name good players linked to Miami----Jets play defense and outpay= more money for agent and player. Dont believe every rumor boys

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Testino23 View Post
    Im a no on Aaron Jones. Love the player but no need to pay a RB that. Its a cheap position in todays NFL. If this was a weak RB class and we were a RB and another piece or two away from SB contention, then maybe you sell out but we're not in that situation so no thanks.

    Also, Miami is gonna be linked to a lot of places because of our cap room, blatant needs for "playmakers", and we rival the Jets who have tons of cap space. Big name good players linked to Miami----Jets play defense and outpay= more money for agent and player. Dont believe every rumor boys
    Everyone knows Ross ainít afraid to spend money, so people will always use us to drive up the price. But this year feels a bit different. Weíre an actual good team, players seem to like Flo, and we still have a bit of money.

    My hope is we add a bounce back candidate RB like Marlon Mack. You can probably get him on a 1 year cheap deal after the injury, and dudes proven to be a good back in the NFL while healthy. Get him and draft Jevonte in the 2nd and be happy.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 02-25-2021 at 10:44 PM.

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Newton, NJ
    Posts
    3,715
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Everyone knows Ross ainít afraid to spend money, so people will always use us to drive up the price. But this year feels a bit different. Weíre an actual good team, players seem to like Flo, and we still have a bit of money.

    My hope is we add a bounce back candidate RB like Marlon Mack. You can probably get him on a 1 year cheap deal after the injury, and dudes proven to be a good back in the NFL while healthy. Get him and draft Jevonte in the 2nd and be happy.
    I want either Najee or Etienne at 18(preferably trade back and take them) or top of RD 2. Or Jevonte Williams with the second 2nd RD pick. I think one of those draft picks + Gaskin + Ahmed/Washington is fine...but Id be cool with Mack + Gaskin + Ahmed. I think Gaskin is good enough to be a 2 so I dont want to spend multiple resources on the position...especially if we do what I really want them to do and thats solidfy the OL. I want 4 of the 5 spots to be without question locked up by a players and that means investing in a FA for a decent sized contract or drafting more in the first 3 RD's. We get better on OL and our offense improves immediately in run and pass game.

  12. #252
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,990
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    100% agree on all of this.

    Also, I'm way more inclined to trade for Watson or Wilson after this season. Say we surround Tua with talent on offense and he doesn't look good in 2021 and we have the chance to acquire Russ/Watson/Dak. Do it then. We will have a ton of talent (in theory) on rookie deals.

    Most in here don't understand all 1st round picks aren't equal. #3 this years is extremely valuable if Miami is offering the pick + whatever for Watson/Russ.
    My guess is Russ/Watson/Dak won't be available next season. You are likely going to have to decide now if you want any of those 3. Plus our strength is the extra picks in this draft. Next season we are unlikely to have a top 15 pick to dangle in trade for a top QB.

  13. #253
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Testino23 View Post
    I want either Najee or Etienne at 18(preferably trade back and take them) or top of RD 2. Or Jevonte Williams with the second 2nd RD pick. I think one of those draft picks + Gaskin + Ahmed/Washington is fine...but Id be cool with Mack + Gaskin + Ahmed. I think Gaskin is good enough to be a 2 so I dont want to spend multiple resources on the position...especially if we do what I really want them to do and thats solidfy the OL. I want 4 of the 5 spots to be without question locked up by a players and that means investing in a FA for a decent sized contract or drafting more in the first 3 RD's. We get better on OL and our offense improves immediately in run and pass game.
    See I like Etienne, but I think heís just too similar to what we have. Obviously heís better than Gaskin or Ahmed, but the Oline and offense are set up for someone with some power. Thatís why Iím so set on Najee or Jevonte. Get someone who can wear people down in that Florida heat and run behind the massive Oline weíve got.

    But Iíd add Mack as a safety measure. Heís been successful in the league and will be cheap. If you pass on Najee Iím terrified that a team like the Falcons will snipe Jevonte in Rd 2. He just makes so much sense in that offense. So at that point I probably wait until Rd 3 for guys like Michael Carter or Tre Sermon who I like, but donít fill that same role.

    Thatís why Iím cool with signing Jones if thatís what the decide on. Thereís only two backs in this draft that I LOVE. Unless you plan on taking Najee at 18 why risk coming out of this without a lead back again.

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,603
    Dolphins LB Kyle Van Noy is a potential cap casualty who could be released before league year begins, source tells ESPN.

    Talks are ongoing about releasing Van Noy in the coming days, a move that'd save Miami $9.75M in cap space. Andrew Van Ginkel would move into larger role

    This is ****ing nuts to me. I figured KVN would be Floís guy and they wouldnít really touch his contract.

    If theyíre willing to move on from KVN I would immediately start looking at Bobby as a cut candidate. Figured they would like to stick with the safe bet guys more than this. Wolfe is also reporting that they plan to be aggressive to adding at least one starting caliber FA WR.

    Edit: LOL now Garafolo is saying they informed KVN of his release. Absolutely stunned. Armando has been throwing Hasan Reddick out as a target the past two days and just reposted the story after this news broke.

    Iíd be pissed to see us go from a safe reliable guy who knew the scheme perfectly to a one year wonder. Also please god no Vince Biegel.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 03-02-2021 at 03:19 PM.

  15. #255
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,603
    Welp letís literally throw out everything Iíve said about playing it safe this year in FA lol. Dolphins making a move like this is all about spending money.

    I really donít understand the reason to move on from KVN. Dude wasnít a stud last year, but you could tell the injuries hurt him in the run game. Thought he was still good.

    AVG gets more play time which is great unless they have someone specifically in mind. Also could point to a Baker extension.

    And of course, to be the bad guy, another example of Flo and Grierís evaluation skills missing.

Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •