Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Dolphins promote Studesville and Godsey to co-offensive coordinator

Can Wolfe with the story. No clue on who is handling playcalling duties, but it will be a collaborative effort.

Somehow found a way to make a wet fart announcement even stupider. Flo has to get this right because his handling of the offense has been laughable at this point.

Frye will handle the QB room and have some input in the offense as well.

this is whack!

Must be setting up Frye to take over in 2022?

I dislike this decision very much.

NE Pats had the same thing going on their defense with Jerod Mayo and Stephen Belichek both calling plays on defense. Neither held an official D Coordinator title, but both had hands in the defense gameplans.

The co-OC thing isnít the part that sucks. Itís the two hires that I just donít like.

Tons of teams do similar things like this. Most of the time that have proven offensive minded coaches like Shanahan, Reid, Arians. OíShea was the Red Zone coordinator when he was in NE, and we also had a coach specifically focused on 3rd down defense last year. This model can work. Godsey is the passing game and Studesville is the run game and one of them is the playcaller. Flo probably thinks having two guys solely focus on these aspects probably helps.

But I just canít get excited about two lifelong assistant coaches with no real history of sustained success. We canít keep going through OC hire after OC hire.

Well, letís give them a shot before we s**t on the idea. Maybe thereís a silver lining in this in that Flores will give them every opportunity to succeed thereby letting them draft players to fit their system. Maybe this will lead to us drafting players on the offensive side of the ball early and often.

^^^^thats honestly the main argument I have for not caring about the offensive performance the past two years.

We have literally spent next to nothing in terms of immediate offensive help. Guys like Karras and Flowers are middle of the road and youíve drafted a bunch of young Olineman. But they also spent money on Howard and Brieda and both failed miserably. This will be the first year Flo really builds the offense the way he wants too.

In flo I trust, he's been great so he'll get the benefit of the doubt, but I really don't like this move.

Just seems weird, but we'll see. Hope it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    In flo I trust, he's been great so he'll get the benefit of the doubt, but I really don't like this move.

Flo absolutely does not deserve any trust in his offensive hires. 3rd OC in 3 years. 4th QB coach in 3 years if you count Godsey taking over last year. 4th Oline coach in 3 years. The most important spots on the offense are all constantly changing.

I just canít wait for him to switch playcallers in the 4th because the team needed a spark.

George Godsey kinda underrated IMO. In 2015 he got 4k yards and 29TDs out of Hoyer/Mallett/Yates/Weeden and then in 2016 he got stuck with Osweiler/Savage, he somehow had a top 8 rushing attack with those guys playing QB.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Flo absolutely does not deserve any trust in his offensive hires. 3rd OC in 3 years. 4th QB coach in 3 years if you count Godsey taking over last year. 4th Oline coach in 3 years. The most important spots on the offense are all constantly changing.

I just canít wait for him to switch playcallers in the 4th because the team needed a spark.
    Man, you've been spoiled by our quick turn around.

Do you forget Miami was(not very long ago) one of the laughing stocks of the league? And now they are a 10 win team, with lots of promise, lots of draft picks, lots of cap space.

Flores has done a phenomenal job. Yes the offense changing every year obviously isn't ideal, but I sure wouldn't worry about it when he's shown he can win. Isn't that what we wanted from a HC? And now that he's winning, way faster than we expected, we shouldn't trust him?

Mmkay.

Man, you've been spoiled by our quick turn around.

Do you forget Miami was(not very long ago) one of the laughing stocks of the league? And now they are a 10 win team, with lots of promise, lots of draft picks, lots of cap space.

Flores has done a phenomenal job. Yes the offense changing every year obviously isn't ideal, but I sure wouldn't worry about it when he's shown he can win. Isn't that what we wanted from a HC? And now that he's winning, way faster than we expected, we shouldn't trust him?

Mmkay.
    Wait what? How am I the one spoiled by the quick turn around for still being very critical of Flores? Everyone whoís just saying stuff like ďIn Flo we trustĒ are the ones being spoiled. You need to reread my original post and see that Iím specifically calling out his offensive decisions.

Flo has done great since he got here, and thereís plenty of things to be excited about. I have no problems with where the team is at right now because I trust the vision. Itís not like Iím sitting here saying he needs to be fired next year if he doesnít make the playoffs.

But completely ignoring his failings/shortcomings would be incredibly short sighted. Is it really such a terrible thing to say heís a good coach but heís completely failed at establishing a good offensive coaching staff? You canít say he deserves complete trust in the hires when heís literally been wrong every time so far.

Jesus some people are so sensitive about any criticism I throw at Flores.

Signed on here for the first time in like 5 years. Nice to still see a familiar name. And KodytheKing.
    DUKE.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLER71 View Post
    Signed on here for the first time in like 5 years. Nice to still see a familiar name. And KodytheKing.
    Man, been a long long time. Welcome back hopefully?