Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Skura is not terrible, it's another Karras type signing. I'm fine with it. I wonder if Deiter is really being groomed to take over the OC spot this year or next? I know he was training there last year. Humphrey, to me, is a can't miss prospect at OC in the draft. He's not going to be around in the 2nd rd though. Dickerson would probably have to be taken at #36, cause he's gone by #50 most likely.

Next year, with some well placed cuts (Flowers will save $10M, McCain saves $7M, McKinney saves $9.5M, Grant saves $3.7M, Hurns saves $3.2M . . . . can get out of Howard's contract, saving $11.6M or Jones saving $4.1M) . . . we can be close to $90-$100M if the team really wanted to.

We're in a fine position for continuous success AS LONG AS TUA PLAYS LIKE A FRANCHISE QB

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Skura is not terrible, it's another Karras type signing. I'm fine with it. I wonder if Deiter is really being groomed to take over the OC spot this year or next? I know he was training there last year. Humphrey, to me, is a can't miss prospect at OC in the draft. He's not going to be around in the 2nd rd though. Dickerson would probably have to be taken at #36, cause he's gone by #50 most likely.

Next year, with some well placed cuts (Flowers will save $10M, McCain saves $7M, McKinney saves $9.5M, Grant saves $3.7M, Hurns saves $3.2M . . . . can get out of Howard's contract, saving $11.6M or Jones saving $4.1M) . . . we can be close to $90-$100M if the team really wanted to.

We're in a fine position for continuous success AS LONG AS TUA PLAYS LIKE A FRANCHISE QB
    Would love to have Creed at center. But you are right in the potential moves that this team can make to set us up to be huge players in free agency next year. Hopefully Tua takes a big step to being the QB and leader that this team really needs. I think we will make a few cuts soon with Grant or possibly a few others. They are just playing the hand that we have and being patient which I think is the right path to tread.

Skura was 4th in the NFL in pass block win rate for Centers despite his bad snap issues. Also, remember that he suffered ACL, MCL and PCL tears in his knee in week 12 of 2019 so he was still recovering from that during 2020.
    https://www.thephinsider.com/2021/3/...al-free-agency

Quote Originally Posted by phinman007 View Post
    Skura was 4th in the NFL in pass block win rate for Centers despite his bad snap issues. Also, remember that he suffered ACL, MCL and PCL tears in his knee in week 12 of 2019 so he was still recovering from that during 2020.
    https://www.thephinsider.com/2021/3/...al-free-agency
    PFF has him with terrible stats, yet ESPN has him graded insanely well.

Dude was REALLY good before the injury. Last year he just struggled while recovering.

I think this is clearly a safety net move, but I also really liked him before and wouldnít mind giving him a shot at OC or OG.

Former Texansí WR Will
    Fuller reached agreement with the Miami Dolphins, per sources. Apparently worth more than 10 mil with significant upside (not sure if that means upside in Fuller or the deal)

He still has to serve a 1 game suspension.

Ok now people can finally breath and stop acting like the world is on fire. The team is playing it patient and building depth through FA and will use the draft to add talent.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 03-18-2021 at 04:11 PM.

And now PFN is saying theyíre hearing RB Chris Carson and Miami are close.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Former Texansí WR Will
    Fuller reached agreement with the Miami Dolphins, per sources. Apparently worth more than 10 mil with significant upside (not sure if that means upside in Fuller or the deal)

He still has to serve a 1 game suspension.

Ok now people can finally breath and stop acting like the world is on fire. The team is playing it patient and building depth through FA and will use the draft to add talent.
    I love fuller so I think this is a great get.

I was very worried about giving him a long term deal though with his injury history but sounds like it's a one year deal... In which case, I'm all for it.

And now PFN is saying theyíre hearing RB Chris Carson and Miami are close.
    Really? I'm surprised if so.... I would have thought they'd be looking at the draft for RB but maybe it's good value.

Carson is a good back but I'm not going more than one year deals here if I'm Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    I love fuller so I think this is a great get.

I was very worried about giving him a long term deal though with his injury history but sounds like it's a one year deal... In which case, I'm all for it.
    Incredible value. Dudes one of the top deep threats in the NFL when healthy. The exact reason why we waited. Give him the prove it deal, and if he kills it here we can extend him next year with all the money.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 03-18-2021 at 04:54 PM.

Incredible value. Dudes one of the top deep threats in the NFL when healthy. The exact reason why we waited. Give him the prove it deal, and if he kills it here we can extend him next year with all the money.
    Agreed, if he is healthy he really takes the top off and will instantly make Tua and the team better.

And if he stays on the field and has a monster season, they can franchise him next year and work out a long term deal. He's still young, outside the injury history there's no downside here.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Agreed, if he is healthy he really takes the top off and will instantly make Tua and the team better.

And if he stays on the field and has a monster season, they can franchise him next year and work out a long term deal. He's still young, outside the injury history there's no downside here.
    Id imagine itís cheap and short. Carson is a lot like Fuller where heís great when healthy, but has consistent injury issues. And itís another signing that doesnít necessarily stop you from taking one early. You might not see Najee at 18, but if Jevonte falls to 36 you can feel comfortable with the value.

A backfield with Carson and Rookie alongside Brown/Gaskin/Ahmed would be great. I really like Gaskin and Ahmed, but neither should prevent you from adding talent.

Lets hope he stays healthy cuz if so he is deadly on the field and can earn himself a lucrative long term deal from Miami. This will also add more speculation of Miami going after Watson

Carson - ehhh would rather not mess with him and get a rb in rd 1 or rd 2

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Lets hope he stays healthy cuz if so he is deadly on the field and can earn himself a lucrative long term deal from Miami. This will also add more speculation of Miami going after Watson

Carson - ehhh would rather not mess with him and get a rb in rd 1 or rd 2
    I'd really rather we leave Watson alone. He's not worth the 3-4 1st round picks plus players we'd have to give up to get him. That would set our team back years. It's stupid to give up on a guy you spent a top 5 pick on after one season with no training camp or preseason games.

Some of us didn't want him to begin with, but we have him at least give him the benefit of the doubt of a full season with a training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by georgiadolfan View Post
    I'd really rather we leave Watson alone. He's not worth the 3-4 1st round picks plus players we'd have to give up to get him. That would set our team back years. It's stupid to give up on a guy you spent a top 5 pick on after one season with no training camp or preseason games.

Some of us didn't want him to begin with, but we have him at least give him the benefit of the doubt of a full season with a training camp.
    Idc if it ďsets us back a few yearsĒ if Watson hoists the Lombardi in a Phins uniform. Buuuut I donít hate Tua so Iím going to be happy either way.

I love the Fuller signing. Like absolutely love. He is an electric playmaker and will allow whatever rookie we draft to develop without the defenses best cover option on them. And can you imagine Devante Parker as our 3rd option!?

Please, please, please just donít draft a RB in the first round. I would love to sign Carson, but even if we donít, I really hope we donít waste a first on a RB. It has been proven year after year that they are not worth that price. Hell even look at the ones that did turn out well, they fizzle out a lot faster than most positions. Keep drafting them in the later rounds and eventually you will find ones that stick. For now Iím 100% okay with Gaskin/Brown/Ahmed/Day3 Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by oconn444 View Post
    Idc if it ďsets us back a few yearsĒ if Watson hoists the Lombardi in a Phins uniform. Buuuut I donít hate Tua so Iím going to be happy either way.

I love the Fuller signing. Like absolutely love. He is an electric playmaker and will allow whatever rookie we draft to develop without the defenses best cover option on them. And can you imagine Devante Parker as our 3rd option!?

Please, please, please just donít draft a RB in the first round. I would love to sign Carson, but even if we donít, I really hope we donít waste a first on a RB. It has been proven year after year that they are not worth that price. Hell even look at the ones that did turn out well, they fizzle out a lot faster than most positions. Keep drafting them in the later rounds and eventually you will find ones that stick. For now Iím 100% okay with Gaskin/Brown/Ahmed/Day3 Rookie
    I don't think Watson would win us a Superbowl. I think he's overrated.

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast