Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

2021 Miami Dolphins Free Agency Thread

Thanks to the Colts and the Bills kicking out ***, the season is officially over. Time to talk about Free Agency.

According to Spotrac, Dolphins have roughly 32 mil in cap space and 15 mil rolling over. Plenty of cap room to operate a few big moves.

Notable Free agents include:
    Ryan Fitzpatrick QB MIA UFA -
    Matt Breida RB MIA UFA -
    Kamu Grugier-Hill OLB MIA UFA -
    Ted Karras C MIA UFA Market Value
    Vince Biegel OLB MIA UFA -
    Matt Haack P MIA UFA -
    Elandon Roberts OLB MIA UFA -
    Kavon Frazier S MIA UFA -
    DeAndre Washington RB MIA UFA -
    Isaiah Ford WR MIA RFA -
    Mack Hollins WR MIA UFA -
    Jake Rudock QB MIA RFA -
    Julie'n Davenport LT MIA UFA -
    Davon Godchaux DT MIA UFA -
    Kirk Merritt WR MIA ERFA -
    Calvin Munson ILB MIA ERFA -
    Jamal Perry CB MIA ERFA -
    Nik Needham CB MIA ERFA -
    Adam Pankey T MIA UFA -
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-03-2021 at 08:51 PM.

What the biggest needs and wants?

1. game changing ability at WR and RB!!
    2. a sack guy on the edge
    3. beef up the O-line and D-line always good.

lists of top guys at wr and rb

WR
    1) Allen Robinson, Chicago Bears
    2) Chris Godwin, New York Giants
    3) Juju Smith-Schuster, Pittsburgh Steelers
    4) Kenny Golladay, Detroit Lions
    5) AJ Green, Cincinnati Bengals
    6) TY Hilton, Indianapolis Colts
    7) Sammy Watkins, Kansas City Chiefs
    8) Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals
    9) Allen Lazard, Green Bay Packers
    10) Will Fuller, Houston Texans
    11) Marvin Jones Jr., Detroit Lions

RB
    1) Aaron Jones, Green Bay Packers
    2) Kenyan Drake, Arizona Cardinals
    3) Todd Gurley, Atlanta Falcons
    4) Chris Carson, Seattle Seahawks
    5) Philip Lindsay, Denver Broncos
    6) LeíVeon Bell, Kansas City Chiefs
    7) Leonard Fournette, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    8) James White, New England Patriots
    9) Tevin Coleman, San Francisco 49ers
    10) Mike Davis, Carolina Panthers

I have NOT liked this FA WR class. Juju and Godwin fit well with what we need but I donít see Godwin going anywhere and Jujus personality sucks. Iím taking a WR early so Iíd be looking at that second tier WRs. Iíve been a big fan of Marvin Jones over the years so would love to add him. Wonít be expensive but will be consistently good.

RB is tricky. Itís obvious the team wants one and is willing to spend. Jones is the top guy but heís not going anywhere, so after that itís not really exciting. Lindsay fits this scheme but is he that much of an upgrade over Gaskin? I think they desperately need a physical guy that can run between the tackles.

Looking at our own guys, I donít really see anyone standing out. I know everyone will say Fitz but everyone knows how I feel about that lol. Iím drafting a QB rd 3 or 4 (Jamie Newman looks like a good 4th rd guy). Karras was fine this year but if you get him you need to upgrade both OG spots. Him and Flowers are fine when theyíre the worst guy on a line. Canít have both.

Really the only guys I resign are STs guys. Kamu, Hollins and Frazier.

Godwin might be the odd man out in TB with Evens, Brown, Miller and there TE depth. TB has some other players to sign to. Marvin jones would be a great addition I agree.

Jones might be on the move Packers have Williams and the kid from Boston collage and a need to spend money in other spots.

if Fitz is let go a veteran Qb is a need. No matter how you feel about Tua.

i would re-sign Godcheaux, Haack, and Biegel. I think Biegel would have had a bigger role on this defense had he not been injured. Godcheaux was pricing himself out of MIA with his play last year, but the injury I think dampens his market and I think he'd be good to keep on the DL. Flo liked him and Wilkins together. Haack is an underrated punter who I think is really good. I like him.

Nik Needham needs a look as depth, but I REALLY hope Iggy starts at NCB next year. So depending what Needham demands, he may have priced himself out of MIA as well.

I would double dip at WR, grabbing a FA and drafting a guy. JuJu is the guy I want. His personality this year was a little wonky with his dancing on logos, but he just fits what this offense needs. Allen Robinson would be nice as well. I like Corey Davis as a dark-horse signing for us. And if CAR allows Curtis Samuel to walk, I'm down for him as well. Lots of choices at WR.

I'm not touching FA RBs. Either draft one or roll with Gaskin and Ahmed again. Gaskin is actually better than people give him credit. If he played a full 16 game season, he would have been close to a 1600-1700 total yard RB (895 total yds / 4 total TD in 9 games played). if he can just put on 8-10 lbs this offseason, he'd be over 200lbs. I wouldn't be shocked if Flo and Grier roll with Gaskin and Ahmed, while drafting someone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    What the biggest needs and wants?

1. game changing ability at WR and RB!!
    2. a sack guy on the edge
    3. beef up the O-line and D-line always good.

lists of top guys at wr and rb

WR
    1) Allen Robinson, Chicago Bears
    2) Chris Godwin, New York Giants
    3) Juju Smith-Schuster, Pittsburgh Steelers
    4) Kenny Golladay, Detroit Lions
    5) AJ Green, Cincinnati Bengals
    6) TY Hilton, Indianapolis Colts
    7) Sammy Watkins, Kansas City Chiefs
    8) Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals
    9) Allen Lazard, Green Bay Packers
    10) Will Fuller, Houston Texans
    11) Marvin Jones Jr., Detroit Lions

RB
    1) Aaron Jones, Green Bay Packers
    2) Kenyan Drake, Arizona Cardinals
    3) Todd Gurley, Atlanta Falcons
    4) Chris Carson, Seattle Seahawks
    5) Philip Lindsay, Denver Broncos
    6) LeíVeon Bell, Kansas City Chiefs
    7) Leonard Fournette, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    8) James White, New England Patriots
    9) Tevin Coleman, San Francisco 49ers
    10) Mike Davis, Carolina Panthers
    If those are the top 10 rbs available I would rather roll with what we have and draft one.

I would consider James White as a 3rd down back. Right now we don't have even 1 quality 3rd down RB.

WR-I like Kenny Golliday. Talent wise I think he is one of the top WR in football.

Yea Iím not enjoying any of the RBs in FA, outside of Jones. I donít see the point of adding a 3rd down guy when you already have two good ones in Gaskin and Ahmed.

Iíll be the first to admit that I donít know enough about Golloday. I know heís decent but I donít know how he wins. I feel like the times Iíve only watched him was when he won physically and not with separation.

I want nothing to do with Godcheax. Heís just not good. Offers nothing in terms of pass rush and gets bullied in the run game. He was the 4th best DT on the roster. Either draft a guy day 3 or take a vet after the draft on a cheap deal.

Beigel is a decent player, but you need more from the pass rushers. AVG played his role perfectly if not better. Iím not giving him a long term deal.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-03-2021 at 11:06 PM.

Golloday has good size at 6 foot 4, 4.5 speed in 40 has good hands and catch radius. he is not best route runner and didn't use his size or speed well to get open

I think the biggest problem is Golliday Hip injury. It may be a long term problem. I also consider price a major factor.

Don't forget we have Allen Hurns and Albert Wilson back next year. I'd draft a WR, get them back, and see how Preston Williams is doing from his return from surgery before adding another. Let's not forget tons of teams need to cut players to make space and cap is coming down. Teams that have cap space will be able to score some great short term deals on veterans and very good players with weak markets due to cap and lack of teams with money. Plus we are a winning football team now, no tax in Florida, Miami is legit, we are much more appealing to FA's than we were a couple years ago.

I want Mark Ingram, no way Ravens keep him. Ingram, Gaskins and Ahmed. Gaskins was v. good. I really liked him but he's not a 25 touch a game type guy. Ingram can be the hammer.
    BRUH

anyone interested in Lavonte David, should TB not resign him? I was thinking about it, and he'd be pretty damn good in Flo's defense. I still think the defense needs more pieces. I want to see this defense become elite, and it can't all come through the draft.

I'd just use the $ to pay howard tbh. Use the rest to fill out some random spots.

^^^^Give X an bit of a raise so heís the highest paid player on the team to keep him happy. Dudes clearly not one to get paid and give up. Also have to look at Ogbah for a possible extension, although he was unproductive towards the end of the year. Dude is clearly a good piece for the defense but I donít think you pay him like a #1 pass rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    anyone interested in Lavonte David, should TB not resign him? I was thinking about it, and he'd be pretty damn good in Flo's defense. I still think the defense needs more pieces. I want to see this defense become elite, and it can't all come through the draft.
    Would LOVE Lavonte. Dudes one of the most productive LBs the past ten years and would immediately fix what I think is the biggest issue on defense besides pass rush. But heís on the wrong side of 30, and we know how this team feels about that. But I would love to patch that whole to keep the team from drafting Parsons over offense.

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast