Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    The Miami #Dolphins are trying to rework newly-acquired LB Benardrick McKinney's contract, sources tell

@PFN365

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    The Miami #Dolphins are trying to rework newly-acquired LB Benardrick McKinney's contract, sources tell

@PFN365
    Donít like the idea of getting the dude some guaranteed money, but the Dolphins seem to like him more than I do AND they still need a bit of money if they plan on getting a few guys before scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Really they need a C, Edge, WR, backup QB, and probably a RB( I donít think theyíre as high on Gaskin and Ahmed holding it down at 2 and 3 as we are). It would be tough to get actual quality guys with just 15ish mil.

Jags are signing Marvin Jones and Houston is signing Tyrod Taylor.

Two moves that are important in completely different ways. This might take Jax out of the big WR market, and Houston might be making plans just in case something were to happen with Watson.

Tyrod is getting a deal worth up to 12 mil. Thatís a lot for a backup. This might explain why Miami hasnít made any moves yet......

Edit: LOL never mind on the WR thing. Itís a 2 year deal for 14.5 mil. Crazy good deal for Jones but another sign that the WR market isnít that crazy.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 03-16-2021 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Nah I really like their strategy. There were some big moves today, but thereís still a lot left on the market. Really it was only the edge and Oline spots with a few WRs. Thereís still plenty out there.

I really want them to just go nuts on the scraps this year. Thereís going to be a ton of quality vets that will be left on the market just begging for a phone call soon.

Btw the contract for Carter is 3 years 7.8 mil and 2.7gtd
    Yea just a moment of impatience. Probably another year away from really opening things up anyway, if things progress this year. Stay smart and stay out of cap hell.

Former Colts' QB Jacoby Brissett has reached agreement on a one-year deal with the Miami Dolphins, per source.

This is a perfectly fine move and Iím still so mad that this is the peak of our offseason so far. Iím boreeeedddd

Former Colts' QB Jacoby Brissett has reached agreement on a one-year deal with the Miami Dolphins, per source.

This is a perfectly fine move and Iím still so mad that this is the peak of our offseason so far. Iím boreeeedddd
    I love the Jacoby signing for our backup. While it is true we are a bit boring so far, I think that is because we are still in play for Watson. Also Iím more excited for the Draft than Free Agency. I think we will be much bigger players then.

Jeez. 5 mil guaranteed and possible 7.5 mil total.

The backup QB market is a scam.

This leaves us with roughly 25 mil. There HAS to be some more moves coming to create cap space or weíre just going full poverty this year. No way you can realistically upgrade at WR, C, Edge, and add depth at LB, Dline, and RB with just 11mil in space.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 03-16-2021 at 06:00 PM.

5M is dirt cheap for a good backup wow nice pickup.

Miami signed Malcolm Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Miami signed Malcolm Brown.
    LOVE this. Iíve always been a fan of Brown and I have no idea why he never really picked up in LA.

Young and cheap but good enough that you would feel comfortable with him and Gaskin for a stretch.

After these moves I feel like it would be a shock if we got one of the top WRs. I think weíre going full bargain shopping again.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 03-16-2021 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    I'm happy Fitz found a home in Washington for $10 mil on a 1 year deal. Fitz is the same qb he's always been. Nothing special and just average. He will win you some games you shouldn't and will also win your opponent games they shouldn't win. A team can deal with that when he's not making much $ but at $10 mil that could be a different story.

Kody - Flores didn't ruin Fitzpatrick at all. That is just a garbage take. He's the same stop gap qb he's always been and if he was any good he would've stuck with a franchise longer than 4 years (Bills)
    I think Fitzpatrick is one of those QBs that improved with experience. Guys like Doug Williams and Rich Gannon. I think Fitzpatrick is better now than he was 10 years ago.

LOVE this. Iíve always been a fan of Brown and I have no idea why he never really picked up in LA.

Young and cheap but good enough that you would feel comfortable with him and Gaskin for a stretch.

After these moves I feel like it would be a shock if we got one of the top WRs. I think weíre going full bargain shopping again.
    I watched Malcom Brown a lot last year and at times I felt like he was the Rams best RB, but the rams seem determined to make him the #3 RB.

Here is why I don't like the Malcom Brown signing. He is basically Gaston and Ahmed. Besides a #1 RB we need a RB that gives us 3rd down skills. Someone who can pass block and catch out of the backfield. We just get more of them same with Malcom Brown. We now have a 3 headed RB staff that screams mediocrity and lacks versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I watched Malcom Brown a lot last year and at times I felt like he was the Rams best RB, but the rams seem determined to make him the #3 RB.

Here is why I don't like the Malcom Brown signing. He is basically Gaston and Ahmed. Besides a #1 RB we need a RB that gives us 3rd down skills. Someone who can pass block and catch out of the backfield. We just get more of them same with Malcom Brown. We now have a 3 headed RB staff that screams mediocrity and lacks versatility.
    What? Brown couldnít be anymore different than Gaskin and Ahmed. Brown is 5í11 and 225 and is a power back. He converted 7 of 10 on 3rd and 3 or less for a first down. Heís a much more physical back which makes him a great compliment to Gaskin and Ahmed. Heís also a great STs player.

Iím also confused how you donít feel like Gaskin is a 3 down back? That was his biggest strength last year. Before he got hurt he was tied for the team lead in receptions and he finished with the 12th most catches for a RB and thatís with missing 6 games. He was also a great pass blocker. You can almost pinpoint the exact moment he took back the starting job over Ahmed when Ahmed completely whiffed on a block and Gaskin took over from there.

Iím not really trying to defend either of them too much since itís obvious that weíre going to add a rookie in the draft. But Brown is literally the exact type of back we needed to get some versatility to our backfield. I like him but you obviously donít want to go into the season with him and Gaskin as the main guys.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 03-16-2021 at 10:10 PM.

Beasley just posted a story speculating if the lack of spending is just waiting for value or possibly setting up to go after Watson. Said that NFL insiders think theyíre not spending to set up a possible run at Watson. Itís the usual stuff from there BUT according to him Brissett left the meetings with Miami brass that the team didnít have 100% conviction in Tua.

ALSO some random lawyer in Houston just posted on his Instagram that heís submitting a lawsuit against Watson for possible sexual assault allegations. The dude is a joke in the area, is apparently ďfriendsĒ with Cal McNair, and according to Watson the guy attempted to get a six figure settlement demand before filing this complaint.

Figured Iíd clear all that up before someone thought it was an actual real situation.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 03-16-2021 at 11:43 PM.

What? Brown couldnít be anymore different than Gaskin and Ahmed. Brown is 5í11 and 225 and is a power back. He converted 7 of 10 on 3rd and 3 or less for a first down. Heís a much more physical back which makes him a great compliment to Gaskin and Ahmed. Heís also a great STs player.

Iím also confused how you donít feel like Gaskin is a 3 down back? That was his biggest strength last year. Before he got hurt he was tied for the team lead in receptions and he finished with the 12th most catches for a RB and thatís with missing 6 games. He was also a great pass blocker. You can almost pinpoint the exact moment he took back the starting job over Ahmed when Ahmed completely whiffed on a block and Gaskin took over from there.

Iím not really trying to defend either of them too much since itís obvious that weíre going to add a rookie in the draft. But Brown is literally the exact type of back we needed to get some versatility to our backfield. I like him but you obviously donít want to go into the season with him and Gaskin as the main guys.
    Gaskin was targeted more times per game than James White but that does not lead me to believe that Gaskin is a better 3rd down back than James White.

I don't see Gaskin as a good receiving back. We had to use him out of need. Gaskin was our 3 down back because we just didn't have a good 3rd down back and his base stats looked better because of it. If we had a true receiving RB I think the Dolphins would of had a better offense but we had to play with what we had.

I didn't mean Gaskin, Ahmed, and Brown all weighed the same. I just meant they are 1st and 2nd down runners without a lot of 3rd down skills.

Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast