Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Testino23 View Post
    Had a random thought. How would you guys feel if we let go of Bobby to save some money and moved Byron Jones back to FS?

And just for fun, imagine adding Surtain Jr
    Depending on trade downs I don't see us getting Surtain at 3rd or 18.

Pro Bowl LB Benardrick McKinney has been traded to the Dolphins for Shaq Lawson and a swap of late-round picks, per
    @AdamSchefter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by phinsfan34 View Post
    Pro Bowl LB Benardrick McKinney has been traded to the Dolphins for Shaq Lawson and a swap of late-round picks, per
    @AdamSchefter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ew. McKinney is insanely overpaid and was a terrible LB last year. The guy on that defense was Zach Cunningham.

I also really want to hear from people who want to defend moving on from yet another FA last year. We spent the most money in NFL history last year and two of our FAs are gone.

Only thing I really like about this is that Miami now is kinda forced to add another DE. I was afraid that they would feel like what they have is enough and pass on an actual pass rusher.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 03-14-2021 at 01:06 PM.

Yates: Bernardick McKinney is under contract for 3 more seasons with salaries of $7M, $8.75M and $9M. An immediate starter at ILB.

Looks like we eat roughly 2 mil in dead cap with Shaq, and get 7mil with McKinney. So itís pretty much a wash in terms of cap space. Donít lose much, donít gain much.

Looking at Spotrac, he apparently has no dead cap on the rest of his deal, but Iím not sure if I believe that. If so then Iím cool with it. Just donít want to get stuck in another bad deal, especially since Lawsons deal had an easy out next year.

Iím pretty sure when we made the Tunsil trade Miami was interested in McKinney. If so then I would expect them to sign Clowney. If they still felt good about the guy after two years then Iím sure theyíll feel the same about Clowney.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 03-14-2021 at 12:56 PM.

It's a wash cap wise and he was really good the year before last. Pretty sure they can get out without any real penalty after the year, if it doesn't work out.

I'm good with it assuming we design a real pass rusher (or two) in FA and there's lots of them available. Was never super high on Lawson but he didn't play bad last year, it's probably a good trade here for both.

This screams that the team will sign a pass rusher. I doubt Shaq Barrett makes it but heís obviously top of the list. Carl Lawson or Yannick are the two of my favorites, but I wouldnít be surprised if they settle for Clowney.

I just hope that this makes them think theyíre fine at LB. They expect a ton from the position so it makes sense to add a vet. Now go into the draft and get a guy like Surratt or Davis in the third and give them time to develop.

Or if they decide that they want someone to focus more on pass rushing more than dropping from Van Noys spot, go and draft Aziz or Ossai in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Youíd be paying an excessive amount for a FS in a defense that doesnít require much of a playmaker from that spot.
    Personally Im of the mold that I dont care what someone is getting paid if they do their job well. Thats not a concrete statement because obviously that doesnt apply to extremes and there are exceptions..but if it made our team better to slide Byron back to FS, save money on Bobby, and Noah was ready to start on the boundary then Im fine with Byron's contract. And yea, this isnt a defense that relies on their FS to be Ed Reed and make plays but I do think Byron would make more than Bobby and athletically hes superior

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Depending on trade downs I don't see us getting Surtain at 3rd or 18.
    No I know, that was just for fun. Would just be cool to have his kid in a Miami uniform. Obviously if we moved Byron back it would be because Iggy is ready to take over the boundary duties and to save money with Bobby's release.

Hypothetical thought boys, dont take it too serious even though I actually do love the idea of sliding Byron back to FS.

And the McKinney trade...love it. Hes a player. He played in 4 games last year and I dont care what his PFF score was last year. Dude is good. And Lawson in my opinion was kind of the odd man out with Sieler and Van Ginkel emerging. Shaq is a little better than JAG in my opinion. And I believe we will end up with an edge rusher in FA so McKinney/FA >>>KVN/Lawson.

Ew. McKinney is insanely overpaid and was a terrible LB last year. The guy on that defense was Zach Cunningham.

I also really want to hear from people who want to defend moving on from yet another FA last year. We spent the most money in NFL history last year and two of our FAs are gone.

Only thing I really like about this is that Miami now is kinda forced to add another DE. I was afraid that they would feel like what they have is enough and pass on an actual pass rusher.
    McKinney got hurt and played four games, when healthy he is fantastic and slides into our D perfectly. We wanted him in the Tunsil deal, so we have wanted him for awhile.

Shaq Lawson played well, just not well enough to keep him at his contract so to get a player we can use and free up a spot to upgrade. Easy win.

90% of free agents get overpaid and like half never work out. FA is as much a crap shoot as the draft is. You take shots and with out contracts are in the NFL you can dump them quickly if they don't. Who cares how much we spent.
    Last edited by Wrench; 03-14-2021 at 03:01 PM.

Aaron Jones is returning back to Green Bay with a 4 year 48 million deal. His agent said he would have signed for more in FA but wanted to stay in GB.

Makes the James Conners rumor make a bit more sense. Sign him to the Howard deal and draft someone high.

Ok, I donít want anyone to ever talk to me about salary cap concerns. The Saints just announced this
    ď Saints are restructuring QB Taysom Hillís contract to create cap room. Details are great: itís a 4-year, $140 million contract extension - but all years are voidable and itís a mechanism to free up cap space this year, per source. It saves Saints over $7.5M against cap this year.Ē

The NFL always finds ways to save cap space.

I think this is a sign we are going all out on one of the top 3 pass rushers. I would love to replace Shaq Lawson with either Shaq or Lawson lol.

I love getting a potential stud ILB that has no dead cap after this year. Iím excited to see this defense if they add just a few key pieces.

From SI.

The acquisition of linebacker Benardrick McKinney from the Houston Texans in exchange for edge defender Shaq Lawson (with late picks being swapped) will become the 19th trade the Dolphins have made since head coach Brian Flores took over as head coach in February 2019 and teamed up with General Manager Chris Grier to lead the team.

Interesting as they break down every trade.

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news...past-two-years

Aaron Jones is returning back to Green Bay with a 4 year 48 million deal. His agent said he would have signed for more in FA but wanted to stay in GB.

Makes the James Conners rumor make a bit more sense. Sign him to the Howard deal and draft someone high.
    I was legit worried we were going to give him 13+ million on a multi year deal. I'm really happy he went back to GB, that's money better served elsewhere.

Go get us a solid pass rusher, a WR and draft another WR and RB, I'll be happy.

with how important the OC position is these days, the fact that GB decided to spend money on Aaron Jones, and not Linsley, kind of has me worried if MIA signs him. Why wouldn't they have signed him back if he was that good, and has been working with Rodgers for several years? Signing Jones back was a very interesting move.

Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast