Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    I canít believe Rizzi got us the best kicker in the league before he left. Feels hard to give a kicker 20mil but heís worth it.

Time to build around Sanders and get him some weapons.

The Sanders extension is fantastic! the guy should get rewarded. His cap hit is nice and low for 2021 too. We should be really well off in cap space come 2022 again.

Now if we can just get Gesicki, Baker, and Ogbah extended, then we'll have a better idea of where we can be in cap space for future contracts.

Miami Harold is reporting that the Dolphins have lost roughly 8mil in cap space the past month since December due to player incentives. So the team is currently sitting at roughly 25mil and would need 11mil to sign their draft class.

The team can create close to 18mil by cutting players like Bobby, Grant, Hurns, Wilson and Fejedelem (reminder that we somehow had one of the most expensive WR rooms in the NFL). And of course thereís restructure options for a lot of the FAs last year, I just pray they donít restructure Flowers. Just go through another year and move on from him next year.

I really donít see the team signing any real big FAs, although this offseason will be weird. I expect a lot of guys to take short term deals because EVERY team will be penny pinching. Maybe snag a decent receiver for something like 2 years 16 mil?

They also apparently are re-evaluating the information they use to sign FAs after a few poor decisions last year, specifically Brieda and Howard. Obviously they still did great last year, but theyíre not looking to waste money.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 02-18-2021 at 07:06 PM.

I honestly think they are going to spend on a WR, I really do. That is the clear weakness of this offense, and there is no guarantee they get one of the top WR in the draft if they intend to trade back for more assets.

I think Wilson, and Grant are going to be cap casualties. I think Hurns might stay as he is relatively cheap. I think someone like Bowden, Perry, or Iggy can be the returner . . . all for less than Grant combined.

I also think Brandon Jones gets a starting gig and one of McCain or Rowe are released. So MIA will have the cash to make a splash in FA. I don't think they will get Allen Robinson, as I think he might make $18-20M per year, but I would love someone like Curtis Samuel for the slot. Him and Bowden would give us so much speed.

Imagine a WR unit of Parker-Samuel-Chase? that's completely upgraded.

My sneaky FA signing might be Corey Linsley.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Miami Harold is reporting that the Dolphins have lost roughly 8mil in cap space the past month since December due to player incentives. So the team is currently sitting at roughly 25mil and would need 11mil to sign their draft class.

The team can create close to 18mil by cutting players like Bobby, Grant, Hurns, Wilson and Fejedelem (reminder that we somehow had one of the most expensive WR rooms in the NFL). And of course thereís restructure options for a lot of the FAs last year, I just pray they donít restructure Flowers. Just go through another year and move on from him next year.

I really donít see the team signing any real big FAs, although this offseason will be weird. I expect a lot of guys to take short term deals because EVERY team will be penny pinching. Maybe snag a decent receiver for something like 2 years 16 mil?

They also apparently are re-evaluating the information they use to sign FAs after a few poor decisions last year, specifically Brieda and Howard. Obviously they still did great last year, but theyíre not looking to waste money.
    I would keep Parker, Williams, Bowden, and Perry.

Your likely going to draft a WR high and sign a WR free agent.

Thats 6 guys. Grant and Hurns should be jettisoned. Albert Wilson is a consideration. I wouldnt be surprised if the Dolphins pick a WR in the 1st and 2nd round especially if we trade down and pick up a extra 2nd round pick this year.

Wilson is the only guy I think of keeping, because heís exactly what this offense needs. Iíd bring him to camp and see if he has that shake to him again. Pretty sure his contract is easy for us to get out of so might as well check in first.

Iím just hesitant to say theyíll spend on any FA really because moneyís going to be real tight this year. Iím sure they add some vet and add an early WR in the draft along with some day 3 guy thanks to the depth.

Grant is gone no matter what. Youíve got decent return options already on the team (not as good as him) and the style of WR you want to add fits well as a return guy.

NFL allows 2 guys to be designated as Post-June 1st cuts

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/miami-dolphins/

Bobby McCain
    Eric Rowe
    Jesse Davis
    Devante Parker
    Allen Hurns
    Albert Wilson
    Jakeem Grant
    Shaq Lawson
    Clayton Fejedelem
    Kyle Van Noy

Id let go of Jakeem Grant, Jesse Davis, Allen Hurns, Albert Wilson, Clayton Fejedelem. Id let go of Bobby McCain or Eric Rowe IF we think Brandon Jones can take over one of those spots or we target a cheaper option like Malik Hooker in Free Agency.

Personally I would also try to trade Devante Parker. Assuming we are going to build this offense to Tua's liking, this may be unfavorable but Im starting to think Mike Gesicki may not be a great fit going forward and I wouldnt be opposed to trading him while his value is at its highest and before we have to pay him. Mike is a good player, probably has a bright future, but I think in an RPO style "Tua" offense our #1 TE has to be more traditional and cant be a liability in the run game. OJ Howard strikes me as a trade target or Brevin Jordan in the draft. Curious as to what you guys think.

We use alot of 3 safety sets Brandon Jones already played 400 snaps last year. Malik Hooker should not be cheap either, he is elite when healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    We use alot of 3 safety sets Brandon Jones already played 400 snaps last year. Malik Hooker should not be cheap either, he is elite when healthy.
    I know we do. I thought Brandon Jones played pretty well and was around the football a lot. My wonder is if he will remain in that role or if they move him back and save money by letting Rowe or McCain go. Kid seems talented so I think all options are on the table.

Malik Hooker wont be pennies cheap but he shouldnt be expensive either. He really hasnt been healthy enough to garner a big contract. In 4 seasons he's played 36/64 games and has 7 INT's. He seems like a likely candidate to sign a 1 year prove it or a 2 year with an option to get out of the 2nd year with no dead money. I wouldnt sign him long term but Id gladly take a chance on him with a smart contract like that

I think Brandon Jones has the chops to start in 2021. I think Flo and Grier may see it too. I just don't know which one of Rowe or McCain I would want to keep to be honest. I think we value both a lot more than other teams would see them. Remember when we let TJ McDonald go? literally no one signed him. pretty sure he's out of football now. Not saying that either are TJ McDonald type players, but would our defense take a huge hit if we release one, or both, of them? McCain is nice , but not great. Same with Rowe. Both are nice players, but neither are going to make that game saving play for you week in and week out. If we release both, I'm okay with it, but I just don't see both gone.

I just flat out donít agree on Bobby and Rowe. McDonald is a terrible comparison because he was a purely box safety that showed no ability to cover or play deep. Rowe and Bobby probably wouldnít be picked up for another immediate safety starting spot but that because neither are traditional safeties. Both fit perfectly into what we want out of the position.

Rowe was arguably the 2nd best player on the defense last year. The only two bad games he had were KC and LAV against the two best TEs in the NFL. And he wasnít even getting burnt in those two games, he was in great coverage but just got beat.

The only concern I have for Bobby is can he hold up for an entire season? He did it last year but I think thatís more luck. But I never really saw him get burned playing deep and was always in good position. But the communication he offers just canít be ignored. The past 10 years we watched constant miscommunications but never really saw it with Bobby back there. Yes you would maybe want someone with more range than him, but do you really need that when you have playmakers like we do at CB?

I like Bobby and Rowe. Bobby always seems to be where he should be. Hes very important to pre snap alignment, adjustments, ect. Bobby is a good leader and Id be hesitant to let him go. Hes the definition of solid. Kind of think the same about Rowe. Both are also newer to their positions and still learning. Im fine with keeping them both for another year. I would have 0 issue if they were our starting S tandem again. For me though, I will admit Im craving a FS that can play single high and create some turnovers. Im a big Ed Reed fan so Im always looking and wanting a ball hawk back there and Bobby just isnt that but I have the highest respect for him and I do appreciate what he does. With the money due to him and Rowe and what Brandon Jones showed last year and potential cheaper replacements that could be better performers, I think its at the least a road we need to go down and see our options, that is all.

Barry is reporting that the Dolphins and Aaron Jones have mutual interest.

Jones likely makes 12mil at least on his next contract. I love the idea of paying Jones a lot more than I did Melvin Gordon, but Iíd still prefer to go with Najee or Javonte in the draft.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 02-23-2021 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Barry is reporting that the Dolphins and Aaron Jones have mutual interest.

Jones likely makes 12mil at least on his next contract. I love the idea of paying Jones a lot more than I did Melvin Gordon, but Iíd still prefer to go with Najee or Javonte in the draft.
    I really like Aaron Jones, I am thinking that money would be better spent at other positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I really like Aaron Jones, I am thinking that money would be better spent at other positions.
    Playing devils advocate, youíre probably not going to spend enough to sign the top WRs, pass rushers or Olineman. So you can use a high pick on a super expensive spot and save money that way.

Instead of drafting Najee or Javonte use the pick on an edge or tackle and youíre in a good spot. Or even double dip at WR and get two high impact players right away.

Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast