Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Don't forget about Hurns and Wilson. If those guys can show they are ready to go after a year off, They'll both be huge parts of our offense.

People forget, we didn't have any real slot wrs because they sat out.
    Hurns and Wilson will help for sure, but both are considered WR3-WR4 for any team. And Wilson has been injured often for us. We still need a WR to go with Parker, and to take over for Parker in the event he misses more time next season. I think Bowden will be taking Wilson's spot to be honest. I think Wilson is a cut candidate for sure. Same for Grant. You can get a really nice WR2 in FA for the cost of both Grant and Wilson. Or that cap hit can go toward Howard's negotiation.

I still think MIA if focused on Devonta Smith with #3. He didn't get measured at the senior bowl, but will at the Alabama pro day. If he gets measured at 6'1, and even 180-185lbs, then I think he gets the nod at #3 (should MIA not trade back). But this is another deep draft in terms of WR, so MIA can also get a pretty good WR in the 2nd rd as well if they choose to beef up other positions in the 1st (say Penei Sewell and Najee Harris?)

I'm starting to warm up to Trevon Moehrig at #18 as well. I think we need some sort of upgrade in the DB group, and a future combo of Moehrig and Jones would be a really nice start.

these coaching adds make it look like they are going to build around Tua. therefore

R1 - Kyle Pitts and Travis Etienne
    R2 - Landon Dickerson and Tyler Shelvin
    R3 - Amari Rodgers
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 01-26-2021 at 11:36 PM.

I have no desire to have Hurns on the roster. Heís lost all athleticism that helped him win early in his career. At this point heís knock off Williams and DVP. Wilson fits with Tua so well, but Iím not counting on him. He started to look good at the end of 19 but you still havenít seen the full explosiveness we saw before. Iím not sure how the contract breaks down, but I maybe bring him to camp and let him compete, but try and replace him. Same as Jakeem.

Devonta isnít adding 10-15 pounds of muscle. Dudes going to be small, you just have to accept that.

And no safety is going to get drafted in the first round this year. The league has shown that they donít value them and none of the safeties come close to the top of last years crop. Thatís late day 2 pick. And even then Iím not sure what this staff will look for. They need a backup for Bobby, but Iíd imagine they look to convert another CB again. Shaun Wade had plummeted this year and most are talking about him as a nickel/safety convert. Iíd look at him in the 3rd.

A few notes from The Senior Bowl:

The Dolphins had a 3 man rotation at play caller today. Used Fyre, Godsey and Studesville. Matt Miller mentioned that there were a ton of check downs, but it sounds like thatís more on the QBs. Panthers QBs were much more aggressive(still mad that they got Jamie Newsome).

Also mentioned that he is still in the process of finding the OC.

Devonta said afterwards that he kinda talked to Tua about running back so heís got some obvious motivation. Flo said after practice that heíll always draft a less talented player if they like their makeup more. Said that you can nitpick guys like Devonta but heís just a good player. Although I do remember after drafting Jones last year that Flo said that they liked his personality but youíve still gotta be talented.

Also Najee Harris apparently went against his agents recommendations and decided to compete in the senior bowl this week purely because he couldnít be there and not try to play. Sounds a lot like a Flores kind of player.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-26-2021 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    A few notes from The Senior Bowl:

The Dolphins had a 3 man rotation at play caller today. Used Fyre, Godsey and Studesville. Matt Miller mentioned that there were a ton of check downs, but it sounds like thatís more on the QBs. Panthers QBs were much more aggressive(still mad that they got Jamie Newsome).

Also mentioned that he is still in the process of finding the OC.

Devonta said afterwards that he kinda talked to Tua about running back so heís got some obvious motivation. Flo said after practice that heíll always draft a less talented player if they like their makeup more. Said that you can nitpick guys like Devonta but heís just a good player. Although I do remember after drafting Jones last year that Flo said that they liked his personality but youíve still gotta be talented.

Also Najee Harris apparently went against his agents recommendations and decided to compete in the senior bowl this week purely because he couldnít be there and not try to play. Sounds a lot like a Flores kind of player.
    I love what Najee is doing this week. He is showing Flo and MIA FO exactly what type of kid he is and what type of competitor he is. If Najee is still on the board at 18 and MIA goes a different direction, then that speaks ALOT to something they didn't trust in him as a mid-1st rd pick. I will trust Flo and Grier with the RB decision after senior bowl week and getting to see him up close and personal.

I am highly amused at the smoke that is starting to be set already. Kiper saying that NYJ could go Smith at #2. If Smith is gone at #2, then I'm either pulling the trigger in Sewell, or trading back to a massive haul for the 2nd QB available.

Also, reports coming out (I think Schefter) saying that there could be well over a dozen starting QBs finding new homes this off season. That is almost unimaginable. But it would make for a sensational off-season for fans. Off the top of my head I can think of Stafford, Garrappolo, Watson, Winston, Newton, Trubisky, Darnold, and Fitzpatrick as possibilities. I mean, thats a lot of starters that could potentially be playing somewhere else in 2021.

Yea Iíd understand if they waited on RB, but I also just donít see a lot of value for other ďmore important positionsĒ at 18. Obviously itís super early so guys will move up and down, but Iíve been paying attention to a lot of draft work this season.

Looking at realistic players that could be available at 18, I think at the least Najee will be high on the board. I donít like the tier 2 guys at WR like Toney and Bateman for us so Iíd pass. Pitts wonít fall that far. Oline is tricky, because thereís no elite interior guys, but if they want to move AJ or Hunt inside itís a great OT class. Darrisaw is the best option to me and would be the one guy in RD 1 you can throw either inside or out. Alijah Vera Tucker is also an option as an OG/OT option. But do they need to take another developmental guy that high?

Defensively thereís not a lot at the top of the draft. LB is the best defensive spot in the draft so I could see Zaven Collins, JOK, or Nick Bolton being an option. Parsons stock is also plummeting lately so he could be there too. But you can also wait and snag guys day 2. CB, DT and Safety are terrible at the top this year so I donít see us going in that direction. The edge guys that will be there like Rousseau and Aziz donít really fit our mold.

So the value at 18 is really Najee, LB or Oline. You can wait on a RB for sure, but in this draft you can also wait for either of those. So Iím willing to take the elite guy who scores TDs and figure out the other spots later.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Yea Iíd understand if they waited on RB, but I also just donít see a lot of value for other ďmore important positionsĒ at 18. Obviously itís super early so guys will move up and down, but Iíve been paying attention to a lot of draft work this season.

Looking at realistic players that could be available at 18, I think at the least Najee will be high on the board. I donít like the tier 2 guys at WR like Toney and Bateman for us so Iíd pass. Pitts wonít fall that far. Oline is tricky, because thereís no elite interior guys, but if they want to move AJ or Hunt inside itís a great OT class. Darrisaw is the best option to me and would be the one guy in RD 1 you can throw either inside or out. Alijah Vera Tucker is also an option as an OG/OT option. But do they need to take another developmental guy that high?

Defensively thereís not a lot at the top of the draft. LB is the best defensive spot in the draft so I could see Zaven Collins, JOK, or Nick Bolton being an option. Parsons stock is also plummeting lately so he could be there too. But you can also wait and snag guys day 2. CB, DT and Safety are terrible at the top this year so I donít see us going in that direction. The edge guys that will be there like Rousseau and Aziz donít really fit our mold.

So the value at 18 is really Najee, LB or Oline. You can wait on a RB for sure, but in this draft you can also wait for either of those. So Iím willing to take the elite guy who scores TDs and figure out the other spots later.
    Can't score TDs if there are no holes to run through

I get the value vs. need at #18. If that was our only 1st rd pick this year, you'd have a much stronger argument from me for Najee there. But the fact we have two 1sts and two 2nds, it gives this FO flexibility to actually go BPA if they desire.

Parsons is going to sink like a brick due to reports that came out in October about past bullying/hazing incidents as well as Bucky Brooks' statement about his actual desire to play football. If he is there at #18, I would absolutely grab him. But he still probably goes top 15.

I think Rashawn Slater is the #2 OT in the draft class, and if he slides that far down, I'm taking him no problem. Same with Darrisaw who is my #3 OT. I have zero problem taking an OL in the 1st rd. Or if they firmly believe they will not have a shot at Creed Humphrey in the 2nd rd, and Karras is allowed to walk, then yeah, put him in the conversation at 18 for me too.

I think too many people are all about flash, and not the boring picks. I agree we need playmakers, and at #3, a stud should be picked. Sewell is a stud. Chase and Smith are studs. Surtain III is a stud. So at #3, grab the flashy WR, cause we most certainly need one. But I hope people are not disappointed when they see OL/DL/LB/S potentially taken with the next three picks over a RB.

Sorry for the long post but I've been suuuper bored today. I decided to play GM and see what I could do. I wanted to be as realistic as I could with the draft. Parsons was there at #18 but don't see that actually happening. Also, I'm torn on Rondale, Toney, and Elijah at #38. All were there but I like Moore's combo of power and shiftiness despite not being able to stretch the field. He would be a great check down target for Tua. Obviously lots will change in free agency, but I would be pretty pleased with this offseason overall.

FREE AGENCY
    Resign Postion
    Matt Haack P
    Elandon Roberts LB
    DeAndre Washington RB
    Mack Hollins WR
    Lulie'n Davenport LT
    Adam Pankey LG
    Davon Godchaux IDL
    Nik Needham CB
    Jake Rudock QB

Don't Resign Position
    Ryan Fitzpatrick QB Tua needs to know its his team
    Vince Biegel LB
    Ted Karras C
    Jomal Wiltz CB
    Kamu Grugier-Hil LB
    Kavon Frazier S

Cut Position
    Ereck Flowers LG save $
    Jakeem Grant WR can't catch
    Albert Wilson WR like him but too injury prone for the contract
    Bobby McCain S unreliable

Sign Position Contract
    Taylor Moton RT $80 Million/5 years Protect Tua (Don't spend on WR)
    Malik Hooker S $4 Million/1 year Low risk; high reward. Playmaker when healthy
    Jadeveon Clowney DE $16 Million/2 years Low risk; put him back to DE where he thrived
    Denzel Perryman MLB $24 Million/3 years We need to be better at stopping the run

Coaches
    Ken Dorsey OC
    Charlie Frye QB

DRAFT
    Name Position Pick
    Ja'Marr Chase WR Pick 5 Best WR in the draft
    Zaven Collins OLB Pick 24 Playmaker and all over the field
    Pat Freiermuth TE Pick 36 Redzone weapon (Baby Gronk)
    Rondale Moore WR Pick 38 Explosiveness, seperation, and YAC
    Creed Humphrey C Pick 50 Wanted him last year if he came out
    Javonte Williams RB Pick 55 Beast!
    Talanoa Hufanga FS Pick 81 Versatile hybrid safety. Does it all
    Shaka Toney DE Pick 116 Raw athlete thats needs developed
    Tommy Tremble FB/TE Pick 184 Stud blocker and can be an H-back

Trade #3 for CIN #5, 38, & 2020 1st Round
    Trade #18 for PIT #24 & 55

Depth Chart
    Offense
    QB
    Tua Tagovailoa
    Jake Ruddock

RB
    Myles Gaskin
    Javonte Williams*
    Salvon Ahmed
    DeAndre Washington

FB
    Tommy Tremble*
    Patrick Laird

WR
    DeVante Parker
    Ja'Marr Chase*
    Preston Williams
    Rondale Moore*
    Lynn Bowden Jr.
    Malcom Perry

TE
    Mike Gesicki
    Pat Freiermuth*
    Durham Smythe

LT
    Austin Jackson
    Julie'n Davenport

LG
    Solomon Kindley
    Adam Pankey

C
    Creed Humphrey*
    Michael Dieter

RG
    Robert Hunt
    Adam Pankey

RT
    Taylor Moton
    Jesse Davis

Defense
    LDE
    Christian Wilkins
    Shaka Toney*
    Zach Sieler

DT
    Raekwon Davis
    Davon Godchaux
    Benito Jones

RDE
    Jadeveon Clowney
    Emmanuel Ogbah
    Jason Snowbridge

WLB
    Zaven Collins*
    Shaq Lawson
    Andrew Van Ginkel

ILB
    Jerome Baker
    Denzel Perryman
    Elandon Roberts

SLB
    Klye Van Noy
    Sam Eguavoen

CB
    Xavien Howard
    Byron Jones
    Noah Igbinoghene
    Nik Needham

FS
    Malik Hooker
    Talanoa Hufanga*

SS
    Eric Rowe
    Brandon Jones

K
    Jason Sanders (never let him leave)

P
    Matt Haack

I also wish we would add an all grey uniform and a navy one like this

Last edited by phinsfan34; 01-27-2021 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post

I get the value vs. need at #18. If that was our only 1st rd pick this year, you'd have a much stronger argument from me for Najee there. But the fact we have two 1sts and two 2nds, it gives this FO flexibility to actually go BPA if they desire.

Parsons is going to sink like a brick due to reports that came out in October about past bullying/hazing incidents as well as Bucky Brooks' statement about his actual desire to play football. If he is there at #18, I would absolutely grab him. But he still probably goes top 15.

I think Rashawn Slater is the #2 OT in the draft class, and if he slides that far down, I'm taking him no problem. Same with Darrisaw who is my #3 OT. I have zero problem taking an OL in the 1st rd. Or if they firmly believe they will not have a shot at Creed Humphrey in the 2nd rd, and Karras is allowed to walk, then yeah, put him in the conversation at 18 for me too.

I think too many people are all about flash, and not the boring picks. I agree we need playmakers, and at #3, a stud should be picked. Sewell is a stud. Chase and Smith are studs. Surtain III is a stud. So at #3, grab the flashy WR, cause we most certainly need one. But I hope people are not disappointed when they see OL/DL/LB/S potentially taken with the next three picks over a RB.
    Youíre not wrong, but you can also find Olineman in the 2nd or 3rd. The way I look at is there are 3-4 really good RBs in this draft but probably 10-15 good Olineman. We could snag Jevonte at 36 but could also snag a good Olineman there as well. And one of Creed or Dickerson should be at 50. Centers fall unless theyíre crazy athletic, and even though Dickerson is a freak, heís also coming off the ACL.

Again Iím not going to be mad any direction they go, but I also think we do need to consider just pulling the trigger on the flashy playmakers and adding boring picks later on. I mean we drafted 3 guys last year and could possibly spend even more money on it in FA. You absolutely need to fix the Oline but that doesnít mean it has to be in the first. Same argument as RB really.

We did the meat and potatoes picks last year. Time to get a little aggressive and get some game changers. I still donít think the team is beating the Chiefs next year, so you still donít have to fix everything this year. But get a little aggressive this year, see if they can overcome the lack of a guard or center.

Fascinating showdown going in Mobile: UW-Whitewater O-lineman Quinn Meinerz is currently pleading with Senior Bowl National team coach Brian Flores. An impassioned debate. Meinerz, who broke his hand snapping, is fighting to play in the game. Unreal.

Man, if you want to win over BFlo, try and fight with him about letting you play through a broken game in a random game.

Meinerz was one of the best players in practices this week. If we draft him, Iíll remember this moment.

1. gap from ETN/Najee to RB3 for me is massive
    2. Miami needs to come out of R1 with a new RB + WR
    3. Richie Grant has joined Tyler Shelvin for my fav D players

Najee is very much worth 18. he completely changes our offense. he is worth a top 10 pick in my mind. I seen a mock where he went 13th to the Chargers. that would suck

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post

Darrisaw and Sewell are my top OTs and Darrisaw is likely my #1

Parsons would be completely off my board at this point

the only players that could reach 18 that are worth the pick to me are Darrisaw if he slips, Zaven Collins, Terrace Marshall and RB but I don't think we can afford to pass on RB

Felton is my RB3

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Darrisaw and Sewell are my top OTs and Darrisaw is likely my #1

Parsons would be completely off my board at this point

the only players that could reach 18 that are worth the pick to me are Darrisaw if he slips, Zaven Collins, Terrace Marshall and RB but I don't think we can afford to pass on RB

Felton is my RB3
    Man youíre nuts if you donít like this RB depth. Jevonte and Michael Carter are studs. Felton is fun but the league might like him more as a WR. Spent all week at WR in the Senior Bowl, but of course that depends on the team. But Iíd also bet on Tre Sermon being good in the league too as long as he can stay healthy.

Itís not like last year, but this is still a good RB draft.

First half Senior Bowl notes:

Michael Carter had the big play of the first QTR. showed the quickness that will make him fun. Ben Mason has also been a good FB. Curious if Flo tries to make a FB work again this year.

Felton was the Twitter star of the week and showed some good YAC ability. I really like him but I think heís going to need a lot of work at WR. Great underneath guy but I think we need more polished products right now.

The CB St.Juste the CB from Minnesota has caught my eye. Looks like Sean Smith to me. Super long but sticky in coverage.

Creed Humphrey looked like an anchor. Absolutely love him. Dillion Radunz looks great at LG too. Heíd be a guy I look at with the 36th pick.

I absolutely love Browning at LB. Iíd love him if we waited on LB til rd 3. Iíve also liked what Iíve seen fro KJ Britt out of Auburn. Rashad Weaver has also been tough on the edge. Physical guy and fits well into the mold that Flo loves.

Unfortunately my guy Jamie Newman has been super sloppy, but thatís to be expected for a guy who hasnít played in a year. Still like the physical tools.

Also it looks like Studesville is calling the game. Offense has looked the exact same. RPO, heavy play action, no WRs getting open.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-30-2021 at 05:29 PM.

2nd half notes:

WR Shi Smith FINALLY getting a chance to shine. Heís another one of those small YAC guys in this draft. Amari Rodgers also took a huge hit on his TD catch after a great week. If we pass on Devonta, itís because guys like this will be available day 2 or day 3.

Kellen Mond came alive in the 2nd qtr. This class is weird because thereís not a lot of developmental guys to like, but Mond might be able to work his way up after today. Ian Book has been the exact same QB as he was at ND. Can barely throw, but is so dangerous running.

Michael Carter got carried into the end zone by his Oline, but you just continue to see him make people miss. I think we need someone a bit more physical, but I love him. If the team wants to stick with the small shifty guys, ignore Etienne and go with Carter.

Itís hilarious watching the drop off between the 1st team National team Oline to their 2nd team. The ND guys are nasty, Brown is a monster at RT and Creed is just a calming piece in the middle.

It was fun to see Flo get a Gatorade/Reeseís Cup bath after the game. The team had a ton of energy to it all day so he continues to show that the best thing about him is his ability to relate to players.

Flo also mentioned that the team brought 65 people to the game this week. Which is ridiculous because some teams only brought single digit scouts. Good to see that the team absolutely used this rare opportunity.

Apparently they did switch OCs at half. First Stud and second was Godsey.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-30-2021 at 07:03 PM.

Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast