Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 585
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,966
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Btw Najee Harris was announced to be joining the Senior Bowl. I think all of us are praying that we get to coach him. They gave the Panthers Mac Jones so itís our turn for the Alabama player. Edit: LOL he just did. Said itís purely because we have a big need at RB and the Panthers donít. Love the group of RBs we get to work with this week.

    Also we get Creed Humphrey in the Oline group, so another player I would love to snag.
    Y'all know I love me some Creed Humphrey on this Miami team next year! I hope he lasts to the 2nd rd. Kid is going to be a really good OC for a long time. I think he tests well enough to be drafted in the bottom half of the 1st rd though. Harris and Smith must know something that others do not. They both decide to go to the senior bowl, and are on Flo's team? thats not a coincidence. Something internally is happening there. Hope nothing comes out that there is some sort of tampering occurring . . . even though I don't know how that would happen to be honest.

    I'm not a huge 1st rd RB type of guy, so taking Najee at 18 doesn't satisfy me. i think he'd be real nice in aqua and orange, but it all depends who falls in the draft. If we can trade back from #3, and still get Smith or Chase, as well as additional picks this year and next, then I'd feel a whole lot better about taking a RB at 18 because we'd have more ammo to fill other needs later in the draft.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,603
    Jim Nagy said on the radio that Miami doesnít have to have the OC position filled before the game since the senior bowl keeps things simple. So thereís a chance that we give Godsey or Studesville a test run and then hire someone the following week.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Rudder announced a week or two ago that heís staying. Dude is interesting for sure but if he has another good season youíre probably talking top 10 pick. My developmental guy this year is Jamie Newsome. Tons of talent just worked in a gimmick offense at Wake Forest.

    Chase is a great WR, if I had to bet on one guy being an elite WR it would be him. But you watch his tape and itís rare when he wins at the start of his route. Most of the CBs arenít scared of him getting past him and try to get their hands at him. Again, he was 19 last year so tons of room to grow. But his route running and footwork needed a lot of work.

    Meanwhile you look at a guy like Waddle, every receiver gives him cushion and he knows how to capitalize off of that. You donít need to move him around like Smith.
    I thought I saw Rid was returning and you're right he could develop into a very good prospect with 1 more year in college.
    Newsome has a lot of talent but I never understood why turning pro was the decision he made rather than sitting out 2020 then playing in 2021.

    With regards to the chase and Smith debate - I think I have recency bias for Smith. With Chase sitting out the year, which I understand as he was the top WR prospect in college entering the 2020 season, people forget just how good he is.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,603
    ^^^^Newsome was the weirdest opt out to me. He had some buzz before the year but really no one was going to draft him rd 1 based off just raw ability in a gimmick offense. If he played well for Georgia heís probably a RD 2 guy. But if Iím drafting a backup QB, I want someone with insane upside and I donít see anyone else with his upside available day 3.

    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Y'all know I love me some Creed Humphrey on this Miami team next year! I hope he lasts to the 2nd rd. Kid is going to be a really good OC for a long time. I think he tests well enough to be drafted in the bottom half of the 1st rd though. Harris and Smith must know something that others do not. They both decide to go to the senior bowl, and are on Flo's team? thats not a coincidence. Something internally is happening there. Hope nothing comes out that there is some sort of tampering occurring . . . even though I don't know how that would happen to be honest.

    I'm not a huge 1st rd RB type of guy, so taking Najee at 18 doesn't satisfy me. i think he'd be real nice in aqua and orange, but it all depends who falls in the draft. If we can trade back from #3, and still get Smith or Chase, as well as additional picks this year and next, then I'd feel a whole lot better about taking a RB at 18 because we'd have more ammo to fill other needs later in the draft.
    I prefer Dickerson over Creed, but people have just gotten so used to how good Creed is. Heís not as athletic as I would like, but dude would be a lock down starter for us easily.

    And thereís no colluding on this at all. With all of the predraft stuff getting weird this year this is simply just an opportunity for both players to get a good try out for two NFL teams and it just so happens one team has massive needs at both spots AND picks in the range we could expect them to go. You also get the opportunity for scouts to say ďboth really killed it in an NFL environmentĒ. This could be the opportunity for both to win over Miami and convince them to pick them.

    I understand the positional value debate. If Miami liked a pass rusher over a RB I would 100% be in favor of taking them over Najee. If they really think a tackle over WR you take them because it saves you so much more money. But this team is just in the spot where they need good playmakers. Yes you can find a good WR or RB on day 2 or 3, but all I care about is getting a good one. If Najee can get you 100 a game and get double digit TDs who cares where you drafted him.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-21-2021 at 12:04 PM.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,966
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    ^^^^Newsome was the weirdest opt out to me. He had some buzz before the year but really no one was going to draft him rd 1 based off just raw ability in a gimmick offense. If he played well for Georgia heís probably a RD 2 guy. But if Iím drafting a backup QB, I want someone with insane upside and I donít see anyone else with his upside available day 3.



    I prefer Dickerson over Creed, but people have just gotten so used to how good Creed is. Heís not as athletic as I would like, but dude would be a lock down starter for us easily.

    And thereís no colluding on this at all. With all of the predraft stuff getting weird this year this is simply just an opportunity for both players to get a good try out for two NFL teams and it just so happens one team has massive needs at both spots AND picks in the range we could expect them to go. You also get the opportunity for scouts to say ďboth really killed it in an NFL environmentĒ. This could be the opportunity for both to win over Miami and convince them to pick them.

    I understand the positional value debate. If Miami liked a pass rusher over a RB I would 100% be in favor of taking them over Najee. If they really think a tackle over WR you take them because it saves you so much more money. But this team is just in the spot where they need good playmakers. Yes you can find a good WR or RB on day 2 or 3, but all I care about is getting a good one. If Najee can get you 100 a game and get double digit TDs who cares where you drafted him.
    But Gaskin averaged 97 ypg combined rush and receiving, and 5 TDs in just 10 games. Gaskin can get 100 yds per game and potentially double digit TDs. For all the table pounding for a RB, Gaskin averaged 4.1 ypc and 9.5 ypr last year behind our OL, which our OL was not great, but was vastly improved from 2019. Granted he's not built to run between the tackles, but he can if needed. I do agree we need a thumper that can get those tough yards inside the tackles, but Gaskin did just fine as a starting RB for us last year imo. Just saying, Gaskin was good.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,603
    Gaskin was great last year, but itís pretty obvious that the run game wasnít that great. The run game was more opportunistic than it was consistent. The way the offense was built last year Tua had very simple RPO reads. Less guys in the box, take the run. The problem is that teams started baiting him into taking these runs, and somehow we still only got 2 or 3 yards a rush. You need someone to start making that 5 or 6 yards in lighter boxes. You get that and teams have to respect the run more, opening up the passes in the RPO and more deep shots. Also stops teams from just blitzing Tua on every designed rollout.

    Thatís not just on the RB, but Gaskin and Ahmed arenít really guys built to break tackles and grind out games. You want them in space and to focus on just making guys miss. Also think about how difficult it was for us to pick up 3rd and short.

    We have a need at RB, but itís for a specific style of RB. I love guys like Etienne and Michael Carter and would still love them, but thatís more of the same of what we have already. Get a physical back like Najee or Javonte Williams to soften teams down the stretch. Think about the home field advantage when we have an offense that had back to back 13 play drives to start the game on a hot Miami day. Youíll see people throwing up on the sideline week after week if you can build a physical run game.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    14,554
    top choices for 3
    1. Zach Wilson
    2. Penei Sewell
    3. Ja'Marr Chase
    4. Jaylen Waddle
    5. Devonta Smith
    6. Kyle Pitts

    top choices for 18
    1. Najee Harris
    2. Travis Etienne
    3. Christian Barmore

    #1 target outside R1
    1. Rondale Moore

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,309
    Chances are well do everything possible to trade back, I wouldn't get too attached too any players that expected to be there at either of our draft positions.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,966
    A trade back seems most plausible, and I think teams know MIA is open for business at #3, more so than NYJ at #2. All we need is that one team that falls in love with whichever QB is there at #3. I can see ATL digging either Wilson or Fields at #4.

    I think if DET or CAR trades up, then we could get a 2022 1st rd pick as well as a 2021 2nd or 3rd. I think PHI sticks with Wentz and Hurts, which hurts our positional value a bit because should we trade back to 7 or 8, we may not get the WR we want, as its almost certain PHI will take one of Chase or Smith, unless they shock people and go Surtain II.

    What I'm hoping for is that CIN really, really, really loves Sewell and moves up to #3 to get him. I would gladly take #5 and whatever else comes with it.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,603
    Detroit and Stafford are parting ways, so Detroit just became a prime trade down candidate or at worst a team others need to jump in front of.

    You guys ready for an AFC East of Allen, Stafford, and Watson alongside Tua?
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-23-2021 at 09:27 PM.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    316
    What are thoughts on Rondale Moore? I would still love a trade down and pick up Chase in round 1 as our true #1 WR. Moore in round 2 could really help our team though. Tua loves to throw short and accurate passes. Moore is a superb slot that is great at creating separation and makes yards after the catch, which is what we need if Tua continues playing safe at times. Moore doesn't have great hands but that can be worked on. He's good at body catches though and Tua's accuracy will fit well for this. Moore is a human highlight reel with the ball in his hands and has the speed and power to excel in the right scheme

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Detroit and Stafford are parting ways, so Detroit just became a prime trade down candidate or at worst a team others need to jump in front of.

    You guys ready for an AFC East of Allen, Stafford, and Watson alongside Tua?
    Would Detroit want to trade up for a QB or wait until 2022 to take one, hoping to tank 2021 and have a top pick with not having to trade up? Personally, if I'm in charge in Detroit I wouldn't want to waste draft capital in year 1 of the rebuild. Does this mean they might be less likely to resign Kenny G?

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,603
    ^^^^I have no idea what Detroit is going to do. Matt Miller said the early reports he heard was they wanted the picks for Stafford to trade up and snag their guy. But theyíre in such a terrible cap situation and have a bunch of guys that really only work in a New England scheme. I feel like the best thing for them is to take a slow rebuild approach, but Campbell doesnít seem like the type to think of not competing right away.

    Quote Originally Posted by phinsfan34 View Post
    What are thoughts on Rondale Moore? I would still love a trade down and pick up Chase in round 1 as our true #1 WR. Moore in round 2 could really help our team though. Tua loves to throw short and accurate passes. Moore is a superb slot that is great at creating separation and makes yards after the catch, which is what we need if Tua continues playing safe at times. Moore doesn't have great hands but that can be worked on. He's good at body catches though and Tua's accuracy will fit well for this. Moore is a human highlight reel with the ball in his hands and has the speed and power to excel in the right scheme
    I loved Moore coming into the year. Heís got that shake to him that we desperately need. But heís got the obvious injury concerns and even though heís fast, he hasnít proven to be a legit deep threat. Heís like Jakeem in that sense. Dude can create tons of separation with his speed but can he actually stretch the field. To me he canít be the best WR we add. If we passed on FA Iíd love a Waddle/Moore combo.

    Iím lookin go for two types of receivers in this draft. We need a field stretcher and a possession receiver. Stretcher to open things up obviously but we also desperately need someone that can just go out there and pick up 8 yards when we need 6. Moore fits that mold alongside Devonta and Dyami Brown with obvious YAC ability as well.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,309
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Would Detroit want to trade up for a QB or wait until 2022 to take one, hoping to tank 2021 and have a top pick with not having to trade up? Personally, if I'm in charge in Detroit I wouldn't want to waste draft capital in year 1 of the rebuild. Does this mean they might be less likely to resign Kenny G?
    I think Detroit is in sell off mode like we were when we hired flores. Thats why they hired Campbell, he can play the tough coach who wants to win and talks tough and pushes his players to work hard no matter what. But really, That franchise is in straight sell off mode, and will be happy to be respectable while doing that.

    You wouldn't hire Campbell if you had a good team and wanted to win now. Hes the guy you hire when your going to tank.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,309
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    ^^^^I have no idea what Detroit is going to do. Matt Miller said the early reports he heard was they wanted the picks for Stafford to trade up and snag their guy. But theyíre in such a terrible cap situation and have a bunch of guys that really only work in a New England scheme. I feel like the best thing for them is to take a slow rebuild approach, but Campbell doesnít seem like the type to think of not competing right away.



    I loved Moore coming into the year. Heís got that shake to him that we desperately need. But heís got the obvious injury concerns and even though heís fast, he hasnít proven to be a legit deep threat. Heís like Jakeem in that sense. Dude can create tons of separation with his speed but can he actually stretch the field. To me he canít be the best WR we add. If we passed on FA Iíd love a Waddle/Moore combo.

    Iím lookin go for two types of receivers in this draft. We need a field stretcher and a possession receiver. Stretcher to open things up obviously but we also desperately need someone that can just go out there and pick up 8 yards when we need 6. Moore fits that mold alongside Devonta and Dyami Brown with obvious YAC ability as well.
    Don't forget about Hurns and Wilson. If those guys can show they are ready to go after a year off, They'll both be huge parts of our offense.

    People forget, we didn't have any real slot wrs because they sat out.

Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •