Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374
Results 1,096 to 1,106 of 1106
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Since we’ve been talking about Bowden, there was an incredible story posted about him today. Dude has an incredible past that really makes you root for him. It also offers some insight to how stupid the Raiders were.

And then of course there’s this incredible quote from the story about Tua.

“ DeVante Parker and Jaylen Waddle and Will Fuller lead an insanely deep receiving corps. The key? The quarterback. Off major hip surgery, Tagovailoa mostly dinked and dunked through his rookie year. After admitting Tagovailoa played “a little scared” as a rookie, Bowden says he fully expects the QB to blow up in Year 2. He tells him constantly to stay confident, to pull the trigger like he did that KC game.

If gunslingin’ becomes Tua’s default, this Dolphins offense could take the league by storm.

Says Bowden: “When he lets it loose and he’s being himself, we’ll win every game. When he’s feeling himself and he’s moving and doing his thing, Tua is one of the best quarterbacks, literally, around. And people don’t know that yet”

https://www.golongtd.com/p/lynn-bowd...e-look-out-nfl

I’m officially all in on Bowden.
    Trying to turn Bowden into a running back is something a fan would think is a good idea, I can't believe a NFL team thought that was a good idea.

Bowden is going to become a really good player, I dunno if it happens this year or not, but it will happen.

The way he moves, the aggressiveness he plays with, the elusiveness, and quickness, I think hes an incredibly underated pickup by this staff.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Trying to turn Bowden into a running back is something a fan would think is a good idea, I can't believe a NFL team thought that was a good idea.

Bowden is going to become a really good player, I dunno if it happens this year or not, but it will happen.

The way he moves, the aggressiveness he plays with, the elusiveness, and quickness, I think hes an incredibly underated pickup by this staff.
    If he can just learn more of the nuance of playing WR he’ll have a role on this team for sure. He’s one of those guys that can make the first guy miss all the time. I think he can be a great slot WR for sure.

My only problem is when would you rather have him in over Waddle? I think Waddles ceiling is through the roof and he can play outside in the future, but I think he’s going to be in the slot most of his rookie year. You’re also always going to use him on jet sweeps and motions which was what Bowden did most of the year as well. Great problem to have but just a concern.

I am sure between Fuller, Parker, and Waddle likely injuries guys like Bowden will get plenty of playing time. Also its likely Fuller will only be a dolphin for 1 season and Bowden is still developing.
    Last edited by Plague; 05-31-2021 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I am sure between Fuller, Parker, and Waddle likely injuries guys like Bowden will get plenty of playing time. Also its likely Fuller will only be a dolphin for 1 season and Bowden is still developing.
    I thought Waddle was pretty tough. A broken ankle just happens and should heal fine. He's tough as nails.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    I thought Waddle was pretty tough. A broken ankle just happens and should heal fine. He's tough as nails.
    I don't know why but when I made that comment I had Davonte Smith on my mind so I should say between Fuller and Parker. Even though its likely other WR will miss games during the season, Even durable WR seem to miss a game or two during the season. Preston Williams has missed 16 games in 2 seasons so we can throw his name out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I don't know why but when I made that comment I had Davonte Smith on my mind so I should say between Fuller and Parker. Even though its likely other WR will miss games during the season, Even durable WR seem to miss a game or two during the season. Preston Williams has missed 16 games in 2 seasons so we can throw his name out there.
    For sure. I can see Waddle playing outside some and having Bowden play slot if he develops like some are expecting, when / if our brittle wide outs start falling. Possibly anyway.

i think adding Long to the TE group also gives a little extra protection against Parker/Fuller getting injured. Meaning, I think Gesicki is going to be an uber-important part of this team this year, and I think we might see him outside more IF Parker gets hurt again. That would allow Long and Smythe/Sheehan to play in-line if Gesicki has to become our slot/possession receiver.

Fuller is suspended week 1, and who knows if Williams will be ready week 1, So I expect Bowden to get a good amount of snaps week 1 . . . just not sure afterwards. I think he can be electic, just not sure how many passes to go around.

Yea Bowden will obviously get playing time at some point. WR and CB always go through multiple guys. I was just saying on paper for long term projection, it’s hard to see a spot where I would rather Bowden gets the ball over Waddle in this current lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    If he can just learn more of the nuance of playing WR he’ll have a role on this team for sure. He’s one of those guys that can make the first guy miss all the time. I think he can be a great slot WR for sure.

My only problem is when would you rather have him in over Waddle? I think Waddles ceiling is through the roof and he can play outside in the future, but I think he’s going to be in the slot most of his rookie year. You’re also always going to use him on jet sweeps and motions which was what Bowden did most of the year as well. Great problem to have but just a concern.
    I didn't say id rather have him over Waddle lol

But I think hes on the cusp to being a big time player.

This offense is all about mismatches. We have our small speed guys, our big guys, our different TE looks.

Bowden is a guy thats going to be a super dangerous last option type player, you can only game plan so many guys, Bowden will benefit from being one of those guys who benefits off of Fuller Waddle, our TEs, etc. Teams start game planning them, and than Bowden has the space he thrives with.

Yea I wasn’t saying you would rather have him over Waddle, just when would the team want him on the field over Waddle. I think everything Bowden does Waddle does better.

I just mention this because whenever we talk about Bowden’s season, I just see him having a hard time getting on the field, even though I really like him.

Could this be equated at all with Mecole Hardman and Demarcus Robinson getting on the field with Tyreek Hill? In the case of the Chiefs' offense, it seems you can never have enough speed.

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374