Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1106
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I don’t know, Perry fills the same role as Bowden and Waddle. Too many similar skill sets at that point. He also doesn’t really play special teams outside of returner which is filled with Waddle, Holland, and Noah.

Like if you keep Perry or Wilson, when are you EVER going to play them over Waddle or Bowden? Unless Waddle is your immediate backup to Fuller is Waddle, at least Foster has a plan to get playing time.
    Robert Foster has like 5 receptions the last 2 years, he had some injuries but he also was a healthy scratch last year. He pretty much is what he is and thats a deep backup. I think the Dolphins will take the development and promise of Matthew Perry over Robert Foster.

Perry will play. Waddle, Fuller, Parker, and Williams have all been injury prone. We will almost surely be using more than 6 WRS this year. Add in Foster has been injury prone too.

as a side note, seems MIA is in line to receive a 2022 5th rd compensatory pick for losing Davon Godcheaux. They would be the only AFCE team to get one too. That would be nice for potential trades for another vet or to move up in the 2022 draft.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    as a side note, seems MIA is in line to receive a 2022 5th rd compensatory pick for losing Davon Godcheaux. They would be the only AFCE team to get one too. That would be nice for potential trades for another vet or to move up in the 2022 draft.
    This and the 4th we picked up should be used to trade up next year and get players we covet.

And on that note, starting yesterday teams can start signing vets without worry of these impacting their comp picks.

I would be surprised if Miami actually adds anyone right now. They’re clearly banking on young players to develop. But I’d love to see another LB and Edge added. Melvin Ingram would be my favorite option.

I think AVG and Phillips will be our primary OLB/Edge guys in packages. Ogbah is our standard DE. I would love another pass rusher, or even another DT that can push the pocket. I actually wouldn't hate a flyer on Kwon Alexander either. I know he's recovering from an achilles injury, but if he is ready to come back to playing in October or November, I think he'd be a solid option as depth, and probably wouldn't break the bank either.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but right now, the picks MIA holds for 2022 are:
    1st SF
    2nd MIA
    3rd SF comp pick
    4th MIA, PIT
    5th MIA, MIA comp pick
    6th MIA, NE
    7th TEN

May not seem like much, but those 4ths and 5ths can be awesome trade chips for vets, or trade ups. Have I said how much I love Grier handles drafts now? lol. Guy is a complete asset management GM.

All those trades confused me. Do we have two firsts again in 2023?
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    All those trades confused me. Do we have two firsts again in 2023?
    Yes, Miami's and SF's in 2023.

For now we're taking a year off on multiple 1sts in 2022!

I think AVG and Phillips will be our primary OLB/Edge guys in packages. Ogbah is our standard DE. I would love another pass rusher, or even another DT that can push the pocket. I actually wouldn't hate a flyer on Kwon Alexander either. I know he's recovering from an achilles injury, but if he is ready to come back to playing in October or November, I think he'd be a solid option as depth, and probably wouldn't break the bank either.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but right now, the picks MIA holds for 2022 are:
    1st SF
    2nd MIA
    3rd SF comp pick
    4th MIA, PIT
    5th MIA, MIA comp pick
    6th MIA, NE
    7th TEN

May not seem like much, but those 4ths and 5ths can be awesome trade chips for vets, or trade ups. Have I said how much I love Grier handles drafts now? lol. Guy is a complete asset management GM.
    I think the DTs are going to be playing DE a lot this year. Ogbah is currently the only real 4-3 end we have with Phillips maybe. But I think Seiler and Wilkins will be playing outside a lot with Butler and Davis holding it down inside on passing situations.

Just been reading and confirmed that Godsey and Studs want to use TE's more, which is no big surprise given how little Gailey uses them, hence the Hunter pick. Also, they liked Javonte, but still had Holland all the way even if Javonte had been available. They were very excited about Holland and he is expected to QB the defense soon. They actually had a first round grade on him and tried to trade back into the first to get him. Luckily he fell to them at RD 2.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 05-19-2021 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Just been reading and confirmed that Godsey and Studs want to use TE's more, which is no big surprise given how little Gailey uses them, hence the Hunter pick. Also, they liked Javonte, but still had Holland all the way even if Javonte had been available. They were very excited about Holland and he is expected to QB the defense soon. They actually had a first round grade on him and tried to trade back into the first to get him. Luckily he fell to them at RD 2.
    if they had traded back into the 1st for Holland, I think I would have hated the pick. I really liked the pick in the 2nd, but the extra asset to move back into the 1st would have made me sour on him a bit.

And for sure I think the TEs are going to be used a ton more. That's Tua's bread and butter . . . the short and intermediate passes, and I think Gesicki and Long will work the middle of the field like gang busters. And once the TEs get rolling, then Fuller and Waddle are going to get behind the cheating safeties and grab some long passes.

I'm so excited for Tua this year.

I wouldn’t really say that TEs weren’t used last year. It was statistically the best group we’ve had in franchise history. It’s just that the middle of the field was never open because there were no consistent outside threats and you’re not going to have a TE be the 1st read on an RPO. They can definitely be used more, but I think all things considered they were fine last year. I just don’t know who you’re really throwing to outside of Geiscki last year.

Tua and Fitz were more efficient in 12 personnel. I see the vision of having Fuller and Waddle on the field to open up the field and then Long and Geiscki working the middle.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 05-19-2021 at 01:12 PM.

Watching a video of Jags draft, and you can see their boards, they had Waddle ranked as high as trevor, they had a super high grade on Phillips, basically top 10, and had a really high grade on Javon too, 1st and grade.

It's highly possible we could end up with the top edge rusher, top wr, and top safety, in this draft. Thats how big this draft was for us.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Watching a video of Jags draft, and you can see their boards, they had Waddle ranked as high as trevor, they had a super high grade on Phillips, basically top 10, and had a really high grade on Javon too, 1st and grade.

It's highly possible we could end up with the top edge rusher, top wr, and top safety, in this draft. Thats how big this draft was for us.
    Yes, this article illustrates what you are saying, with a video as well. They also had Vera-Tucker very high, for anyone interested.
    https://ca.news.yahoo.com/jaguars-fo...212532797.html
    For me, the funny part is Urban Meyer telling Trevor Lawrence, not once, but twice, that he is the first pick in Jaguars football history. Is Meyer concussed?

Obviously you wanna take Urban Meyers opinion with a grain of salt, purely because he’s going to see Waddles speed and immediately fall in love. He’s the modern day Al Davis. But it does support the idea that Waddle was Miami’s 2nd ranked player. Waddle isn’t just one of those speed threats you see every year where he’s just a 9 route guy. Waddle was easily one of the top players in the draft for me.

According to the scale they’re using, Waddle is listed as a perfect prospect, Phillips is a perennial All-Pro, and Holland and Eichenberg are listed as year one quality starters.

The first 4 picks they had were incredible. Got their top player outside at the position with the first 3 and at worst got OT 5 in Eichenberg.

There's an outside chance that MIA can have both the OROY and DROY with Waddle and Phillips. Wouldn't surprise me if both are in the conversation late into the season either.

I don't put much weight behind the Jags either, but having both Waddle and Phillips super high on their board does show just how much these two guys were valued by other teams.

The team that Grier and Flo have put together is looking pretty good right now, and I can see other re-building teams trying to copy their approach.