Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    I think that Smith is on a very short list as a the top WR1 in this draft. I think Chase is WR1 on more than 50% of the teams draft boards to be honest. Smith is a great option, especially to start in the slot for us, where we need talent. I still think Fields and Wilson get into the top 3-4 picks by draft night. I am very confident MIA gets a great trade offer to trade down in between 4-7 in this draft, and will still get the option to take Smith.

Iím starting to fall off of Chase. I think heís the most talented WR in this class, but heís a bit more of the same of what we have. He really doesnít win early in his routes and weíve already seen how Tua does with that.

And with me falling off of Chase, Iím starting to fall in love with Waddle again.....

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Iím starting to fall off of Chase. I think heís the most talented WR in this class, but heís a bit more of the same of what we have. He really doesnít win early in his routes and weíve already seen how Tua does with that.

And with me falling off of Chase, Iím starting to fall in love with Waddle again.....
    I am going to stick to the 3rd pick is just too high to use on a WR. I say if possible trade down and stay top 12 and pick up some extra picks.

It takes 2 teams to make a trade but with the 3rd and the possibility the top 3 picks could all be QBs. QBs tend to rise between now and draft day.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I am going to stick to the 3rd pick is just too high to use on a WR. I say if possible trade down and stay top 12 and pick up some extra picks.

It takes 2 teams to make a trade but with the 3rd and the possibility the top 3 picks could all be QBs. QBs tend to rise between now and draft day.
    I don't usually like it either, but I'm warming up to the idea of taking Smith. I'd still rather trade back but that requires a partner and isn't always easy. Look at the Giants last year, desperately wanted to move back but no one was biting.

Smith here would be insane, I'd love it. There's a ton of options at 3 if they stay put, especially since there's very little chance they draft a quarterback. I guess anything is possible, but I'd rage.

I donít know man, I donít really like any of the options at 3 right now. I LOVE Smith but the more and more I look at it, you need a great OC to move him around, because he has struggled when CB can keep their hands on him. Chase just doesnít win early, although he was super young and raw the last time he played. At the moment Waddle is my favorite option but I donít think heís a top 5 player. Olave just opted out so my 4th WR just fell apart so I think you HAVE to come away with one of the top guys or go for FA.

I hate the idea of a lineman at 3 unless you really think heís an elite guy plug and play guy and that AJ or Hunt are as good if not better inside. We all love Penei Sewell right now, but there are more and more people saying the league isnít as high on him and that Rayshawn Slater is the top guy.

And even though MLB is a HUGE need, now thereís reports coming out about Parsons having character concerns around the league. Even Bucky Brooks came out and said ďIíve known him for a long time, known his family for a long time, and heís a good kid. But I donít think he loves footballĒ. Youíre not taking that guy that early especially at a position that isnít nearly as impactful as it used to be.

Right now my favorite option is to trade back a bit and hopefully get Waddle. Get out of the pick anyway possible and get more value.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-19-2021 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post

And even though MLB is a HUGE need, now thereís reports coming out about there are character concerns around the league. Even Bucky Brooks came out and said ďIíve known him for a long time, known his family for a long time, and heís a good kid. But I donít think he loves footballĒ. Youíre not taking that guy that early especially at a position that isnít nearly as impactful as it used to be.
    Who's this in regards to? Parsons? I'd be careful about believing too much right now in terms of draft, long ways to go. That said, I agree they won't take anyone they think may have character concerns, that's not at all how this FO operates.

I'm not worried, having the 3rd overall pick is a great thing. No such thing as a reach if you draft the right player but of course, trading back is great if you can do it and collect more assets. Just easier said than done is all.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Who's this in regards to? Parsons? I'd be careful about believing too much right now in terms of draft, long ways to go. That said, I agree they won't take anyone they think may have character concerns, that's not at all how this FO operates.

I'm not worried, having the 3rd overall pick is a great thing. No such thing as a reach if you draft the right player but of course, trading back is great if you can do it and collect more assets. Just easier said than done is all.
    Yup youíre right, I fixed my original post because my phones somehow autocorrected that from Parsons lol.

The reason it stood out to me is because NO ONE ever starts off with ďIíve known him for a long timeĒ and then trashes the dude. If Brooks is going to say that, he means it. I also just donít see much impact in taking a MLB that high, but I canít say that you can still build a good team around Watson without first round picks.

Youíre 100% right, thereís no such thing as a reach, only good or bad picks. Said it about Hunt and Davis last year and both were arguably the best rookies on the team. If the Dolphins took something like MLB and OT in rd 1, they could still snag something like Toney, Michael Carter and Dyami Brown on day two and Iíll still be incredibly happy.

I def prefer Chase over Smith and disagree that he is the is same as what we currently have. if he was the same as what we had we wouldn't need a WR. dude is crazy good

my favorite option at 3 is Zach Wilson and trading Tua. I think Wilson is an elite top 5 NFL QB

Mock draft on PFN simulator
    MIA
    28.Samuel Cosmi
    OT Texas

MIA
    47. Baron Browning
    LB Ohio State
    trade icon
    MIA
    49.Asante Samuel Jr.
    CB Florida State
    trade icon
    MIA
    55.Javonte Williams
    RB North Carolina
    trade icon
    MIA
    57.Rondale Moore
    WR Purdue
    trade icon
    MIA
    66.Landon Dickerson
    OC Alabama
    trade icon
    MIA
    81.Kyle Trask
    QB Florida
    MIA
    86.Jaylen Twyman
    DT Pittsburgh
    trade icon
    MIA
    88.Jackson Carman
    OT Clemson
    trade icon
    MIA
    101.Marvin Wilson
    DT Florida State
    trade icon
    MIA
    108.Ar'Darius Washington
    S TCU
    trade icon
    2022 CAR 1st
    2022 WAS 1st
    2022 NO 2nd
    2022 LAR 2nd
    2022 NE 3rd
    2022 ARI 3rd
    2022 TB 3rd
    2022 HOU 3rd
    2022 BUF 4th
    2022 NYG 4th
    2022 KC 5th

Then you can trade x if need be and fill holes in free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    I def prefer Chase over Smith and disagree that he is the is same as what we currently have. if he was the same as what we had we wouldn't need a WR. dude is crazy good

my favorite option at 3 is Zach Wilson and trading Tua. I think Wilson is an elite top 5 NFL QB
    Sometimes your ideas are a little out there for me but I have to give you credit, I've been on these boards a long time and you generally are very good about hitting on QB prospects.

If you think Wilson is a stud, he probably is.

I think we have so many options that right now its way too early and impossible to figure out where we will go with our draft.

We could trade back, we could trade for Watson, we could draft a WR, we could go defense. I don't see us drafting a qb.

But if we draft a WR, I think its between Waddle and Smith. And who we draft would depend on the OC.

I love Smith, but waddle has that Percy Harvin level ability to separate instantly, you can toss him the short pass and he will take it the whole field NP.

But Smith is super elite with the deep stuff. So you can make a case for either. Id probably lean Waddle right now but that could change tomorrow tbh. Its easier to get the ball to waddle and let him do his thing than it is for smith.

Last year I absolutely loved Desmond Ridder as a later rnd qb that we should of drafted, but he ended up staying in college for another year.

Id still love to take a shot on him this year and develop him being tua if we decide to stick with tua which seems most likely.

For you guys who never watched Ridder. Hes not perfect, but hes athletic, and has one of the prettiest throwing motions in the draft, his deep ball is brilliant, id compare to a less refined Kyler Murray.

https://youtu.be/z3_u7OBA_Eg

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Last year I absolutely loved Desmond Ridder as a later rnd qb that we should of drafted, but he ended up staying in college for another year.

Id still love to take a shot on him this year and develop him being tua if we decide to stick with tua which seems most likely.

For you guys who never watched Ridder. Hes not perfect, but hes athletic, and has one of the prettiest throwing motions in the draft, his deep ball is brilliant, id compare to a less refined Kyler Murray.

https://youtu.be/z3_u7OBA_Eg
    At the beginning of the college season i recalled you saying you liked Riddler so I made it a point to watch him this season. I wa s pleasntly surprised with his QB play. Bad news is I'm pretty sure I thought I saw him say he is returning to Cincy.

Rudder announced a week or two ago that heís staying. Dude is interesting for sure but if he has another good season youíre probably talking top 10 pick. My developmental guy this year is Jamie Newsome. Tons of talent just worked in a gimmick offense at Wake Forest.

Chase is a great WR, if I had to bet on one guy being an elite WR it would be him. But you watch his tape and itís rare when he wins at the start of his route. Most of the CBs arenít scared of him getting past him and try to get their hands at him. Again, he was 19 last year so tons of room to grow. But his route running and footwork needed a lot of work.

Meanwhile you look at a guy like Waddle, every receiver gives him cushion and he knows how to capitalize off of that. You donít need to move him around like Smith.

Btw Najee Harris was announced to be joining the Senior Bowl. I think all of us are praying that we get to coach him. They gave the Panthers Mac Jones so itís our turn for the Alabama player. Edit: LOL he just did. Said itís purely because we have a big need at RB and the Panthers donít. Love the group of RBs we get to work with this week.

Also we get Creed Humphrey in the Oline group, so another player I would love to snag.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-20-2021 at 07:49 PM.

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast