Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    I will never be one that will be ok with Micah at 3. he is all potential and should be drafted between 10-15. my fav LB is Nick Bolton. Nick is currently better than Micah but doesn't have his high ceiling. Micah scares the hell out of me and would be my money bet if I had to pick the prospect most likely to crap out like Dion Jordan. I wish he played to his size

out of Chase, Smith and Waddle I believe Waddle to be the best one. why I would seriously consider Zach Wilson at 3 if he makes it even though I really love Waddle. this draft just doesn't have a Chase Young, Von Miller, Jadeveon Clowney, Myles Garrett, Khalil Mack, Nick Bosa type that would make you not take QB. it has Sewell and WRs. is Sewell good enough to stop you when its a deep OT class

why I have Pitts high. position group wise he is so dominant.
    I honestly don't think MIA takes a need pick at #3, I think they go BPA on their board. Whether its Sewell, Parsons, Smith, Chase, Fields, or Wilson . . . if they don't trade back (which I honestly think a team will do if QBs go 1-2, since ATL is almost certain looking QB), then its BPA.

you having Pitts that high to me is insane, same way you feel about Parsons that high.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I honestly don't think MIA takes a need pick at #3, I think they go BPA on their board. Whether its Sewell, Parsons, Smith, Chase, Fields, or Wilson . . . if they don't trade back (which I honestly think a team will do if QBs go 1-2, since ATL is almost certain looking QB), then its BPA.

you having Pitts that high to me is insane, same way you feel about Parsons that high.
    I think if Miami is able to trade back with Cincy or Atl and is able to pick up a 2022 1st, it's a huge success even before we make a selection with our 2021 1st. Neither of those teams are going to be sniffing the playoffs and already play in a difficult division. Cincy plays NFC North and AFC West while Atl plays AFC East and NFC East, so they do have an easier schedule as of now on paper. But still, either of those teams 2022 1st rd pick shouldn't be worse than 15 overall.

I wish Micah would've played this season to get more film on him. I want to love him and think he's a for sure top 3 pick but I just don;t know. I completely understand the opt out though as he was already a top 15 selection heading in to this odd season.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    I think he is easily better. he has a big arm which Tua doesn't. he moves around way better. elite pocket presence. accurate like Tua. I wasn't on the Tua bandwagon. I wanted Burrow. some wanted to tank 2 years because of this class. I have Wilson ranked better than Burrow which is a big deal for me because I think Burrow is a stud. my main gripe with Tua was that his passes don't have much zip on them and didn't have any tight window throws at Bama. they were mostly all short passes to people wide open. Mac Jones 2020 season was better than any season Tua had at Bama which to me is terrifying because I don't view Mac as a starting QB. my only gripe with Wilson is that I would like for him to add weight.
    That right now is my number one worry with Tua. I have to wonder if that because of arm strength or is it because of lack of confidence. I saw too many times players open but he threw the ball to them with no zip giving defenders too much time to make up ground on the WR. Plays that could of went for big yardage was stopped at the point of catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    That right now is my number one worry with Tua. I have to wonder if that because of arm strength or is it because of lack of confidence. I saw too many times players open but he threw the ball to them with no zip giving defenders too much time to make up ground on the WR. Plays that could of went for big yardage was stopped at the point of catch.
    Tua has plenty of zip on short and intermediate routes, I'm not concerned at all about that. But his throws of 20-25+ air yards has me a little concerned for sure. Again, i'm not so sure its physical, as much as it is mental. I still don't think he is used to NFL defenses and the speed at which these players play. He needs the confidence to throw it to a spot and trust a WR/TE/RB to be there on time to make the catch. Can't be afraid to throw an INT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeRZaVv03Pg Every Tua Tagovailoa Touchdown at Alabama (2017-2019)

You all crack me up.

I'm glad social media was not a big thing when Dan Marino was the quarterbacks his third year y'all would've traded him for a fifth round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabama View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeRZaVv03Pg Every Tua Tagovailoa Touchdown at Alabama (2017-2019)

You all crack me up.

I'm glad social media was not a big thing when Dan Marino was the quarterbacks his third year y'all would've traded him for a fifth round pick.
    you sure you're not just a tiny bit biased? lol

Tua doesnít have a very strong arm, but itís plenty good enough. His issue is when heís off base and doesnít plant his feet. When you see him panic and step up, thatís when balls either sail or skip. When he keeps his feet clean he can easily split defenders and throw it into some tight windows. Heís got enough velocity and arm strength to get it where it needs accurately.

Youíre just never going to see him make those ridiculous highlight throws like Mahomes across his body between 3 defenders.

I said well before we drafted him, Tua is never going to wow you physically. He will win when heís mentally there. When he understands what teams are doing and knows the scheme better heíll win.

You all crack me up.

Its not social media its me watching the games with my own eyes.

He is not at Alabama any more. Its a whole new ball game. If it was all about college guys like Manziel and Tebow would of flourished at the NFL level.

Btw I seen Marino his first season. You wouldnt confuse Marino and Tua in their 1st season. Marino was a stud from day 1.

To give you a idea of how long I have been watching the Dolphins I watched the Dolphins and Cowboys play in the Super Bowl.
    Last edited by Plague; 01-07-2021 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    you sure you're not just a tiny bit biased? lol

I guess I am just a tiny bit biased, but also call it like I see it like AJ McCarron, I knew he would be a good back up.

Its not social media its me watching the games with my own eyes.

He is not at Alabama any more. Its a whole new ball game. If it was all about college guys like Manziel and Tebow would of flourished at the NFL level.

Btw I seen Marino his first season. You wouldnt confuse Marino and Tua in their 1st season. Marino was a stud from day 1.

To give you a idea of how long I have been watching the Dolphins I watched the Dolphins and Cowboys play in the Super Bowl.
    You just made my point it's not Alabama is the NFL it's a whole nether world but given up on your quarterback 1/2 year in is ridiculous.

I became a Dolphins fan because of Dan Marino I was glued to the TV when he made his first Super Bowl appearance but never made it back.
    In my opinion the two best players to ever play in NFL and not win a Super Bowl is Dan Marino and Barry Sanders.

i mean, the fact is if the scouts, FO and coach all think another QB in the 2021 draft may be better than Tua, then they have to trust their process and do whats best for the team in their professional opinions. I don't necessarily think Fields or Wilson are better overall than Tua, but I do think Lawrence is. If the Phins sold out for Lawrence, I'd be good with it. Same if they sold out for a trade for Watson.

I hope Tua proves everyone wrong with MIA and turns the corner next year, I really do. i'd hate to see him regress. We need WRs that fit his style for him to flourish, but that can also fit other styles should Tua not be the answer. Thats going to be the trick. I think Smith can fit any style offense. I love Chase, but I think Parker is already in the role Chase would be. I'm scared of Waddle. To me, Waddle reminds me of Tavon Austin for some reason. I think Waddle busts, just like I thought Ruggs would bust last year (has not proven to bust, yet).

You just made my point it's not Alabama is the NFL it's a whole nether world but given up on your quarterback 1/2 year in is ridiculous.

I became a Dolphins fan because of Dan Marino I was glued to the TV when he made his first Super Bowl appearance but never made it back.
    In my opinion the two best players to ever play in NFL and not win a Super Bowl is Dan Marino and Barry Sanders.
    I think you're taking peoples doubts and concerns about Tua to the extreme by saying people are giving up on him.

I will say in my opinion in their first season Burrow and Hebert look much better than Tua.

I will say in my opinion in their first season Burrow and Hebert look much better than Tua.
    This is true but they also had a lot more healthier team than Tua.

I think you're taking peoples doubts and concerns about Tua to the extreme by saying people are giving up on him.

If youre on twitter you'll see plenty of people that have already written him off and are ready to move on and draft another QB at 3 which I find laughable. Most people are impatient and just want things to be great instantly and rarely is that ever the case. And then there is the majority that just have never played the game and dont understand it at the level required to understand why Tua just cant walk out onto the field and do what he did at Alabama.

No doubt that Burrow and Herbert looked better than Tua this year. Dont even think thats debatable. I think we all know that realistically mean absolutely nothing as well. Doesnt mean theyre gonna be better next year. Doesnt mean theyre going to have better careers. Doesnt mean Tua sucks. I believe that when Tua puts it all together and the team is built around him, if done right, he will be very special.

Just for perspective...

In year 3 of Drew Brees' career he threw 11 TD's and 15 INT's and had a completion % of 57.6.

It took Drew Brees until year 4 to have what could be considered a good season statistically. He threw 27 TD's 7 INT's.

It took him until year 8 for him to eclipse 30 TD passes in a season(3rd season in NO).

Bottom line is the offense needs to be built right, the coaching around him needs to be good, and its going to take time. And I have no question that the kid will do all the right things and put the work in necessary to be great. He doesnt need to be the next Marino.. he just needs to be good enough and I believe that we will be and then some.

Man watching this Bills game, and I still just donít see how you can think a LT or MLB is going to help us beat teams like Buffalo or KC. We could only hope Parsons is as good as Butler and the Bills still walked down the field like it was nothing. Colts have arguably the best overall Oline in football and only had 10 points in the first half to show for it.

I think the Colts game plan is very similar to what we WANTED to do last week, and obviously the game is much closer than ours. But I just think with these elite teams, you HAVE to understand that theyíll score when they want to.

Trade back is obviously my top option, but if we canít then Iím taking Smith or Chase. If you feel good enough about taking them top 10 then it doesnít matter if you take them at 3. Thereís no such thing as reaching, thereís just good or bad picks. Get a playmaker for this offense. Someone that can take over a game.

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast