Page 40 of 74 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    RB1 Travis Etienne
    RB2 Michael Carter
    WR1 Devonta Smith
    WR2 Ja'Marr Chase
    TE1 Kyle Pitts

these are the weapons I love in this class

Pitts would be my #1 option at 6 with Smith #2
    Etienne would be my #1 option at 18 with Carter my #1 option at 36 if we go elsewhere at 18

dream scenario if everything fell into place perfectly
    Pitts at 6
    trade up to 9 or so for Smith
    Etienne makes it to 36

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    RB1 Travis Etienne
    RB2 Michael Carter
    WR1 Devonta Smith
    WR2 Ja'Marr Chase
    TE1 Kyle Pitts

Etienne would be my #1 option at 18 with Carter my #1 option at 36 if we go elsewhere at 18

Pitts at 6
    Etienne makes it to 36
    If we trade up to 9 we likely won't have a 36.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    I agree, which is why I do not think LT is where you want to put your high pick. Nor do you want to pour your money into that position down the road as much as RT. Makes more sense to go with Pitts, Chase, or Waddle, then use a later pick, maybe 18 or a second on OL.
    I just don't think Sewell is on the Dolphins radar. I think its Chase or Pitts at 6 and if both are gone the Dolphins won't be drafting Sewell. I think 1 year after drafting Jackson and Hunt in the first 2 rounds, and the dolphins having so many other holes I think those first 2 picks will be going elsewhere than the line. I think unless we trade down we might not see a OL until round 3 and I expect a center to be the likely candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I just don't think Sewell is on the Dolphins radar. I think its Chase or Pitts at 6 and if both are gone the Dolphins won't be drafting Sewell. I think 1 year after drafting Jackson and Hunt in the first 2 rounds, and the dolphins having so many other holes I think those first 2 picks will be going elsewhere than the line. I think unless we trade down we might not see a OL until round 3 and I expect a center to be the likely candidate.
    Yup. Roster balance, financially speaking.

The problem is we haven't fixed the o-line. You guys do realize if we drafted Sewell then Jackson wouldn't be headed to the bench, right? Sewell OR Jackson would move to RT.
    Kody - you said this front office and staff doesn't value a top O-lineman but they drafted one to be Tua's RT so that shoots a hole through your argument. If they didn't value top o-lineman and only valued as a unit then we wouldn't have taken Jackson round 1. Hunt is best suited for RG which still leaves a huge hole at RT which needs to be addressed in Rd 1 or Rd 2. We can't NOT address Tua's blindside.
    If Pitts and Chase are gone at #6 and we don't have interest in Sewell or Slater there then I hope we trade down or take Waddle. That would then make me rather disappointed we didn't stay at #12.
    Tier 1
    Pitts
    Chase
    Sewell
    Tier 2
    Waddle
    Parsons
    Slater
    Slater
    Sewell

In kipers latest mock draft, he has Miami trading up with Atlanta to select Pitts (using 2022 ammo), with Chase going to the Bengals at 5 and the Falcons taking Lance at 6.

Then using 18 on Paye and grabbing a RB at the top of the second round.

Id live with that.

So there were reports that CIN beat writers are stating the team is scared poopless about Burrow getting hurt again. I'm leaning toward CIN selecting an OT at #5. I mean, if you fail to protect the #1 pick from 2020, and your franchise QB, then what the heck is the point of having him? David Carr all over again lol when he was with HOU and got slaughtered behind a wretched OL.

My thing with Sewell is that, IMO, great OTs are very hard to come by in the NFL. They rarely hit FA, and if you trade for one, your the next Houston Texans giving up multiple 1st rd picks. I personally view Sewell as a future All-Pro OT, I don't care if its at LT or RT. WRs come and go, and can be had in trades or FA far more than quality OL . . . and they cost less than quality OL (just look at what Thuney, Trent Williams, and Linsley). So if we select Sewell at 6 (if Chase and Pitts are gone), then I'm a happy man. I'd also be happy with Waddle at 6.

Me personally, I'm a 'meat and potatoes' type of guy. I'd be ecstatic if we came out of the first couple rounds with Sewell, Paye/Phillips, Williams/Harris/Etienne, and Humphrey/Dickerson. the OL gets completely re-tooled, we get our edge rusher, and our RB1.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    RB1 Travis Etienne
    RB2 Michael Carter
    WR1 Devonta Smith
    WR2 Ja'Marr Chase
    TE1 Kyle Pitts

Pitts at 6
    Etienne makes it to 36
    i like the aggressiveness, as I think MIA has the draft assets in the next couple years to make it happen. and the math makes sense where you can get to #9 with a combo of #18, #50, and maybe a 2022 mid round pick.

But I'd be more inclined to trade back into the 1st rd with #36 and #81. If we can get back into the 1st rd in the 20's, they would be able to nail the huge holes (phrasing ). Take Chase/Pitts at 6, Paye/Phillips at 18, then Harris/Etienne in the 20's . . . and still have pick 50. That's a HR.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    The problem is we haven't fixed the o-line. You guys do realize if we drafted Sewell then Jackson wouldn't be headed to the bench, right? Sewell OR Jackson would move to RT.
    Kody - you said this front office and staff doesn't value a top O-lineman but they drafted one to be Tua's RT so that shoots a hole through your argument. If they didn't value top o-lineman and only valued as a unit then we wouldn't have taken Jackson round 1. Hunt is best suited for RG which still leaves a huge hole at RT which needs to be addressed in Rd 1 or Rd 2. We can't NOT address Tua's blindside.
    If Pitts and Chase are gone at #6 and we don't have interest in Sewell or Slater there then I hope we trade down or take Waddle. That would then make me rather disappointed we didn't stay at #12.
    Tier 1
    Pitts
    Chase
    Sewell
    Tier 2
    Waddle
    Parsons
    Slater
    Slater
    Sewell
    We had 3 rookies on the line. Those guys are going to take time to develop. I just don't see us drafting another olineman at the top of the draft.

We had 3 rookies on the line. Those guys are going to take time to develop. I just don't see us drafting another olineman at the top of the draft.
    Seriously, no teams ever start 3 lineman rookies let alone even 2.

We drafted 3 of them, drafted another 1 the year before in the 3rd round.

They performed pretty good for rookies without a real offseason, I think theyll be fine. Well probably draft another lineman just not at 6.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Seriously, no teams ever start 3 lineman rookies let alone even 2.

We drafted 3 of them, drafted another 1 the year before in the 3rd round.

They performed pretty good for rookies without a real offseason, I think theyll be fine. Well probably draft another lineman just not at 6.
    I am totally expecting us to draft a Center (likely 3rd round), but unless we trade down and pick up more picks I expect our top picks to be other needed positions besides lineman.

We had a bottom 5 O-line last year which is understandable with 3 rookies starting and no off season. I agree with that. It will take time for them to gel and hopefully with this offseason they do. The O-line doesn't need to be great but does need to be good for us to succeed. But that shouldn't mean we pass on a blue chip tackle who will come in day 1 and be our best o-lineman, if Pitts and Chase are gone.
    Now if Miami has Waddle rated ahead of Sewell I'm fine with that then take a RT at #18 or round 2. It's a position that NEEDS to be addressed no later than pick #50. But just because we selected 3 rookies o-lineman last year in the draft doesn't mean our o-line problem is solved.

in regards to the OL, it's kind of same as when executives talk about QBs. they say draft one every year until you find one. I think the same can be true for OL (or any other position the team feels below-average at). Draft until you find one. Jesse Davis is nice, but isn't super good as a starting OT. Erick Flowers is not the answer at LG. Kindley was a nice surprise, but is he going to be a consistent starter? Jackson and Hunt played okay for rookies, and definitely have potential, but neither has the potential ceiling of Sewell. Sorry, they just don't. We've seen horrid OL play for the better part of a decade now. Continue to add to the OL until they are comfortable with the players there.

I feel great about being at 6, because one of Pitts, Chase, Waddle, or Sewell will be there, and we'll be getting an amazing addition to the team either way. I'm secretly hoping its Waddle, just because his all around traits (speed, route running) might be the best in the draft, and he would take the top off defenses. Chase is the only WR1 I see in this draft, hands down. As much as I like Waddle, I'd still take Chase over him. I think Pitts would work tremendously with Tua. Tua excels at short to intermediate passes, and a combo of Pitts and Gesicki eating up the middle of the field would be terrifying to DCs' around the league. And Sewell . . . generational OT talent.

“According to Matt Miller, he is hearing around the league that the Dolphins head coach loves Penn State linebacker, Micah Parsons. The question is how much does he want him and what will the Dolphins do to get him if that is true?”

I am totally expecting us to draft a Center (likely 3rd round), but unless we trade down and pick up more picks I expect our top picks to be other needed positions besides lineman.
    Yeah but we have 4 picks in the top 50, 3 in the top 36.

If they wanted to use a pick on a oline player they really liked, there's no reason to think they wouldn't.

Page 40 of 74 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast