Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    #3 has to be Penei Sewell all day. Every single one of our O-Line guys received marks below 60 according to PFF other than Karras with a 63. Our O-Line was not good. It's also incredibly young so there's time for development and growth which is normal. ( I will never understand signing Flowers over Conklin last year but anyway... )
    You always need depth at O-Line and you let the guys battle it out. Austin Jackson just turned 21, he's basically still a rookie. You take Penei Sewell and you let them battle it out, move one of them to RT, see who plays better (let's not forget Tua is left handed so RT is a little more important for us than LT unlike other teams).

Dallas was elite for years on offense and often due to O-Line. Their oline went to ***** and so did their run game and Dak got hurt. We will never know what we truly have in Tua until we get a good O-Line. Tannehill never had a good oline in all his years with us.
    Flowers was a 66, Hunt was a 66 and Karras a 66. Jackson (Who was playing well before getting hurt) and Kindley only ones below 60 and both are very young. Also PFF OL grades are pretty trash, next to the DB grades they are among the worst.

Sewell doesn't fix the biggest issue with the offense. Our WRs just never got open, we where ranked near the bottom is separation. Give me Chase.
    Last edited by Wrench; 01-05-2021 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Parsons is raw and can't cover

trade with Cincy so they can get Sewell
    R1 picks - Kyle Pitts and Jaylen Waddle - going to need to trade up from 18 which is why the trade down
    R2 - Landon Dickerson + Teven Jenkins for the OL
    R3 - Mohamed Ibrahim - the new starting RB

defense the rest of the way
    We don't know how good he can cover he wasn't asked to do it much.

But that shouldn't matter much as he would be the blitzing linebacker most of the time. Van Gink, Baker, Van Noy can all cover.

I do agree that Waddle should def be on our radar. He reminds me of Diggs. He may be the preferred kind of WR this team wants over the other wrs also.

Parsons has shown instincts in coverage and of course has the athleticism to do it, but he is absolutely raw in coverage. But youíre not drafting Parsons to play coverage every snap. Thatís why you have Baker and Van Noy. You draft Parsons because heís one of the most aggressive LBs to come out in past years and has the skillset to beat blocks on a consistent basis.

That is the number one thing missing from this defense. None of the LBs can shed blocks. Parsons has a unique pass rushing skill set so not only can you straight up line him up and ask him to rush (heís good but good for a LB, not a legit pass rusher), but he can then use that same ability and blow up a run.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    The Patriots have a history of drafting QBS late, grooming them, then trading them a few years later for assets. Don't be surprised if we draft a QB in the 4th or later rounds not to compete with Tua but to groom.
    I mean if the team doesnít resign Fitz you literally donít have a backup. And I donít see them taking just some journeyman guy. I hate day 2 QBs, so that 4th round is the sweet spot for me. Trask or Newman are my current favorites.

CBS NFL Mock Drafts got us taking Zach Wilson I think that's just a smokescreen anybody that thank Zach Is an upgrade from Tua has lost their mind. If they think Tua not cutting it, then go get Trevor Lawrence I think Tua gonna be fine when he's got a full, healthy team around him and better receiver and a run game.
    Last edited by bamabama; 01-06-2021 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabama View Post
    CBS NFL Mock Drafts got us taking Zach Wilson I think that's just a smokescreen anybody that thank Zach Is an upgrade from Tua has lost their mind. If they think Tua not cutting it, then go get Trevor Lawrence I think Tua gonna be fine when he's got a full, healthy team around him and better receiver and a run game.
    Tua deserves a fair shake with some talent around him. He should do better next year after a full off-season and training camp (hopefully), and some upgraded weapons. But that doesn't mean MIA should not be looking for a QB in the mid to later rounds. I don't think Wilson or Fields is better than Tua right now, so I'd stick with Tua. But if for some odd-ball reason Trey Lance dropped to the 2nd rd . . . I'd seriously consider Lance in the 2nd

I think Wilson is an immediate upgrade from Tua but i don't think they do it

trade #3 to the Bears for Khalil Mack their 1st rounder and another high pick

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Tua deserves a fair shake with some talent around him. He should do better next year after a full off-season and training camp (hopefully), and some upgraded weapons. But that doesn't mean MIA should not be looking for a QB in the mid to later rounds. I don't think Wilson or Fields is better than Tua right now, so I'd stick with Tua. But if for some odd-ball reason Trey Lance dropped to the 2nd rd . . . I'd seriously consider Lance in the 2nd
    I agree with you but I believe a RB in second round will be better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv8miWiu0_c

I most time don't agree with skip because he is at Alabama hater but DeVonta Smith Is on a whole another level and hoped Dolphins are able to get him.

Man you guys are nuts if you think Lance falls to the 2nd LOL. Jordan Love went Rd 1 and Lance is a better prospect. Guy probably doesnít make it past the top 10.

CBS has hated Tua since day 1. Theyíre going to be one of the biggest voices against Tua.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    I think Wilson is an immediate upgrade from Tua but i don't think they do it

trade #3 to the Bears for Khalil Mack their 1st rounder and another high pick
    You have lost your mind if you think Wilson even in the same class as Tua. Tua has played with half a deck since he's been a starter does he need to get better at a few things, yes he does, but at no means are we at the point where we need to draft a starting quarterback.

If we stay at 3, Id be okay with Sewell, Parsons, Chase, or Smith.

Im not opposed to trading back but I dont want to miss out on one of the 4 mentioned above.

RB needs to be a priority this year. Last year I was disappointed because I though it was a really good class and its proven to be but I understand their plan to build the trenches. I think this year though, we really need to end up with a stud. Etienne, Harris, Williams are 3 I like before I really get into prospects.

In my opinion we need to leave this draft with one of the top 3 WR's(Chase, Smith, Waddle). Then we need another WR, I like Kadarius Toney alot, but if we got really after it and got Chase/Smith and Waddle Id be all in for that as well. We need to get a dynamic RB. Add bodies in the trenches and LB. Also excited to see late round picks traded for guys with upside like Breida and Shaheen. I though Grier did a good job with that even though Breida didnt do much for us this year I still loved the move.

^^^^I tend to agree that we need one of the top 3, but I tried to think of what would happen if we didnít.

Say we went Sewell and Zaven Collins rd 1. If we added a decent WR in FA (my favorite right now is Marvin Jones), I would love if day two of this draft went Jevonta Williams, followed by Elijah Moore and Dyami Brown at 50 and and the 3rd. Obviously you donít get that clear cut stud, but I think youíve absolutely rebuilt this WR group and given it an influx of talent.

If youíre not going to get one of the elite WRs, you absolutely HAVE to make this a dominant run game. If they go this route, Iím game with Sewell, top FA OG/C and a physical back like Williams
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-06-2021 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabama View Post
    You have lost your mind if you think Wilson even in the same class as Tua. Tua has played with half a deck since he's been a starter does he need to get better at a few things, yes he does, but at no means are we at the point where we need to draft a starting quarterback.
    I think he is easily better. he has a big arm which Tua doesn't. he moves around way better. elite pocket presence. accurate like Tua. I wasn't on the Tua bandwagon. I wanted Burrow. some wanted to tank 2 years because of this class. I have Wilson ranked better than Burrow which is a big deal for me because I think Burrow is a stud. my main gripe with Tua was that his passes don't have much zip on them and didn't have any tight window throws at Bama. they were mostly all short passes to people wide open. Mac Jones 2020 season was better than any season Tua had at Bama which to me is terrifying because I don't view Mac as a starting QB. my only gripe with Wilson is that I would like for him to add weight.

I will never be one that will be ok with Micah at 3. he is all potential and should be drafted between 10-15. my fav LB is Nick Bolton. Nick is currently better than Micah but doesn't have his high ceiling. Micah scares the hell out of me and would be my money bet if I had to pick the prospect most likely to crap out like Dion Jordan. I wish he played to his size

out of Chase, Smith and Waddle I believe Waddle to be the best one. why I would seriously consider Zach Wilson at 3 if he makes it even though I really love Waddle. this draft just doesn't have a Chase Young, Von Miller, Jadeveon Clowney, Myles Garrett, Khalil Mack, Nick Bosa type that would make you not take QB. it has Sewell and WRs. is Sewell good enough to stop you when its a deep OT class

why I have Pitts high. position group wise he is so dominant.
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 01-07-2021 at 08:09 AM.

Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast