Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 74 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    The fact that Burrow might be fighting for Chase makes me think the vibe in the building is Sewell.

I just donít see a trade happening. Itís very unlikely that youíll get more than what you traded up for. Thatís why I think Grier has 3 guys at the least that he wants.
    I think the reports of Chase/Pitts/Smith are accurate, possibly even in that order.

I honestly like all those guys, I worry about Smith's frame like everyone else but he's obviously very talented. Hopefully we walk away with our pick of them, but I'm sure this franchise is determined to add playmakers to the offense.

The way burrow got hit last year they would be insane to pass up Sewell, but it could happen. If they don't grab Chase I think thats clearly our pick.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    The way burrow got hit last year they would be insane to pass up Sewell, but it could happen. If they don't grab Chase I think thats clearly our pick.
    Especially coming off major injury.

I agree, i think the Bengals would be nuts to pass on a franchise LT to protect their franchise QB for a TE or WR

But... It is the Bengals, no one ever accused them of being smart.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Especially coming off major injury.

I agree, i think the Bengals would be nuts to pass on a franchise LT to protect their franchise QB for a TE or WR

But... It is the Bengals, no one ever accused them of being smart.
    Yep, I'd they take chase, and atl takes Pitts, than I'm fine with Waddle too.

He would make more sense with parker and fuller anyway as he plays inside and outside. At this point I think waddle is being wildly underrated.

Yep, I'd they take chase, and atl takes Pitts, than I'm fine with Waddle too.

He would make more sense with parker and fuller anyway as he plays inside and outside. At this point I think waddle is being wildly underrated.
    Iíve been super high on Waddle for awhile, Iíve said he affects the way defenses play more than Chase does. But the moment they traded back up it changed how I value that pick. You need someone that you think can clearly be a top 5 player at their position.

But I would be much happier with Waddle than Smith.

The fact that Burrow might be fighting for Chase makes me think the vibe in the building is Sewell.

I just donít see a trade happening. Itís very unlikely that youíll get more than what you traded up for. Thatís why I think Grier has 3 guys at the least that he wants.
    You never know what happens in the heat of the moment. With the draft a month away people are thinking logically. Come draft day when there is no more tommorows its put up or shut up. The draft may not unfold the way some team expected and they may panic and try to move up.

Iíve been super high on Waddle for awhile, Iíve said he affects the way defenses play more than Chase does. But the moment they traded back up it changed how I value that pick. You need someone that you think can clearly be a top 5 player at their position.

But I would be much happier with Waddle than Smith.
    Waddle looks like the next steve smith to me. Maybe chase ends up the better player but theres nothing wrong with drafting the next steve Smith either.

Waddle is the most well rounded wr in the draft imo. Of all the wrs out of bama recently, ruggs, Jeudy, smith, I'd rank waddle above all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    You never know what happens in the heat of the moment. With the draft a month away people are thinking logically. Come draft day when there is no more tommorows its put up or shut up. The draft may not unfold the way some team expected and they may panic and try to move up.
    The way trades went down so early before the draft, with multiple teams, tells me at least some teams have a pretty good idea of how the draft will unfold at least in the top of the draft.

How much they know is anyones guess but it's not like these agents and gms dont all talk to one another.

The way trades went down so early before the draft, with multiple teams, tells me at least some teams have a pretty good idea of how the draft will unfold at least in the top of the draft.

How much they know is anyones guess but it's not like these agents and gms dont all talk to one another.
    I think most people figure the first 3 picks will be QBS. However since we traded our first round pick multiple players have had pro days and opinions may have changed.

Some people had the Niners taking Mac Jones and Mac Jones pro day was a disaster. Pitts and Chase pro day went well and Sewell measurements were subpar. The falcons could easily make a trade or pick someone unexpected. Most people expect the Bengals to take Sewell but if they picked Chase would that surprise anyone? Would that unexpected turn change the draft any?

I think people have a opinion of whats going to happen, but pretty much every draft there are some curve balls thrown.

Pro Days really don't swing players as much as the media pushes them.

At this point I have Bengals going with Chase, him and Burrow had a thing going so I don't doubt they go that way. They signed a tackle in FA and have Williams who was a 1st rounder a year ago but been hurt but did play last year and was solid. Sewell reportedly is way higher on media boards than teams as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I think most people figure the first 3 picks will be QBS. However since we traded our first round pick multiple players have had pro days and opinions may have changed.

Some people had the Niners taking Mac Jones and Mac Jones pro day was a disaster. Pitts and Chase pro day went well and Sewell measurements were subpar. The falcons could easily make a trade or pick someone unexpected. Most people expect the Bengals to take Sewell but if they picked Chase would that surprise anyone? Would that unexpected turn change the draft any?

I think people have a opinion of whats going to happen, but pretty much every draft there are some curve balls thrown.
    For us there's a lot of curve balls but the gms have a lot more insider info about who is going to draft who. I don't think the teams make these trades unless they have a pretty clear understanding of what is going to go down. But yeah, curveballs.

I think 49ers will draft Fields, they are a sb ready team, he seems the most ready. Shanny will use him the same way he used RG3.

The smoke show will be picking up real soon for the draft, and it's going to be amazing.

Mac Jones' pro day was crap, and he most likely slid outside the top 10, unless a team like CAR or DEN fail to get one of the top 4 QBs and Jones falls to them. Fields showed off his athleticism pretty well. I think it would be really smart for Lance and Jones to both hold another pro-day.

It's true that we have zero idea what's going to happen outside the top 3 picks, which all should be QBs. ATL can easily take whomever is left over from Fields/Lance at #4. Or a team trades up to #4. That is MIA's best chance to grab a top playmaker. From a roster building perspective, CIN should take Chase if he's there, cause they can get OL help in the 2nd, but maybe they view Sewell as a generational OT prospect (I certainly do).

The next 20 days are going to be so much fun

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Pro Days really don't swing players as much as the media pushes them.

At this point I have Bengals going with Chase, him and Burrow had a thing going so I don't doubt they go that way. They signed a tackle in FA and have Williams who was a 1st rounder a year ago but been hurt but did play last year and was solid. Sewell reportedly is way higher on media boards than teams as well.
    Okay but there have been a billion dynamic QB/WR pairings in college football history. How many of them go on to get drafted by the same teams? I literally cannot think of one.

Edit: Jay Cutler and Earl Bennet lol like come on, this isnít something that NFL teams consider when drafting
    Last edited by oconn444; 04-05-2021 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oconn444 View Post
    Okay but there have been a billion dynamic QB/WR pairings in college football history. How many of them go on to get drafted by the same teams? I literally cannot think of one.

Edit: Jay Cutler and Earl Bennet lol like come on, this isnít something that NFL teams consider when drafting
    when the WR is the consensus WR1 in the draft, and CIN is in a position to actually add him . . . then it can be have a big impact on the decision. It's just like MIA and potentially Waddle/Smith at 6. Neither are the WR1 in the draft, but both had good relationships with Tua.

I can see both Pitts and Chase being taken 4 & 5.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    when the WR is the consensus WR1 in the draft, and CIN is in a position to actually add him . . . then it can be have a big impact on the decision. It's just like MIA and potentially Waddle/Smith at 6. Neither are the WR1 in the draft, but both had good relationships with Tua.

I can see both Pitts and Chase being taken 4 & 5.
    You would think so, but history says it doesnít. There are many more instances of that #1 QB/WR duo getting split up than drafted together.

Page 35 of 74 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast