Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 74 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    ^^^^that would be a great trade scenario, but itís just so specific and unique that I just donít think thatís the master plan. It requires so much from other teams to make it happen, even though I do see it being a possibility. And again, it can only be with Carolina because youíre not going to risk going further and losing someone.

I think the trade is just much simpler than weíre giving it credit for. Grier probably has 2 or 3 guys heís has as blue chip players and is set on getting one of them. So he made his first very aggressive move to get it done. Not saying a trade back isnít an option, I just donít think itís very likely.

Quote Originally Posted by phinman007 View Post
    That stings a bit if due to the fact if we miss out on Creed or Dickerson, then we have to spend a 2nd round pick to get a center when we could have used a 3rd. Of course, this is all speculation and players fall and rise yearly to spots that all of the forecasters projected incorrectly. All a guessing game . . .
    I think you guys are just too low on Quinn. The dudes a really good prospect and projects extremely well. I might be nervous of him at OC in year 1 just because of the mental part of OC, but I would have no problem spending pick 50 on him.

I also think the OC class is murkier than we give it credit for. I would be stunned if Creed goes RD1 purely because OC isnít valued that highly and heís lacking a bit athletically. Dickerson is a monster, but multiple leg injuries in 4 years will probably push him down boards. At this point I think Quinn goes before Dickerson and wouldnít have any problem with it.

If the top 4 picks are QBS I think its likely someone traded to #4. Which would mean some team is off the board.

Ideally the Bears move up to 4 and take a QB. Leaving the Panthers and Broncos still needing a QB and only Mac Jones left.

If this scenario plays out

1-4 QBS not named Jones.
    5-Sewell or Chase.

I would imagine that Detroit takes either Pitts or Chase if available. If the Bengals take Chase then both he and Pitts will be gone at 8.

Unless a defensive player gets picked top 8 we won't get 1 of Chase, Pitts, or Sewell at 9.

Its going to come down to how bad does Denver and Carolina wont to move up to 6. If Denver or Carolina feel that the Falcons, Dolphins, Bengals, or Lions are not willing to move down to 19 or 20 and instead wait it out for Jones and Fields/Lance to drop to 8 then we have no leverage. Our only leverage is either the willingness to move down to 19 or at least make Carolina and Denver believe we are willing to move down to 19.

There is a report out that SF may shock everyone and take Mac Jones at the 3rd pick making Miami sitting pretty at 6. Which there would be numerous offers for that pick if this happens. Or at least the potential pending how the others in the top 5 draft.
    https://phinphanatic.com/2021/03/29/...go-this-route/

Quote Originally Posted by phinman007 View Post
    There is a report out that SF may shock everyone and take Mac Jones at the 3rd pick making Miami sitting pretty at 6. Which there would be numerous offers for that pick if this happens. Or at least the potential pending how the others in the top 5 draft.
    https://phinphanatic.com/2021/03/29/...go-this-route/
    I don't think I trade down from 6 to 8 for only a 3rd round pick unless there is 2 guys I like. Detroit is likely going to target the same players we are targeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I don't think I trade down from 6 to 8 for only a 3rd round pick unless there is 2 guys I like. Detroit is likely going to target the same players we are targeting.
    If SF does take Mac then there quite possibly would be 5 QB's taken in the top of the draft which means that we would in fact have the choice of the two or three guys that we want if we trade back.

Grier and it sounds like Studesville were seen at the UNC proday, while Flo was at the Miami proday. Grier was one of two GMs at the proday.

Flo got to see the Miami pass rushers up close, while Grier got to see some of my favorites with Jevonte, Michael Carter, Chazz Surratt, and Dyami Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Grier and it sounds like Studesville were seen at the UNC proday, while Flo was at the Miami proday. Grier was one of two GMs at the proday.

Flo got to see the Miami pass rushers up close, while Grier got to see some of my favorites with Jevonte, Michael Carter, Chazz Surratt, and Dyami Brown.
    Would love Jevonte and can't go wrong with Miami edge top guys or Surratt.

Phillips should be there at 18, and I'd be okay with Phillips at 18 as it's a need, and he may be the best pure pass rusher in the draft. Paye is probably the most well rounded DE in the draft. So i'd be good with either at #18 to be honest. I'm not interested in Rousseau in the 1st. He's long and all, but he doesn't have much in pass rush moves.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Phillips should be there at 18, and I'd be okay with Phillips at 18 as it's a need, and he may be the best pure pass rusher in the draft. Paye is probably the most well rounded DE in the draft. So i'd be good with either at #18 to be honest. I'm not interested in Rousseau in the 1st. He's long and all, but he doesn't have much in pass rush moves.
    I don't like Rousseau at all.. I think he's a bust. So, he's probably Canton bound lol.

I really like Paye but I don't know if I'd take him at 18. Like anything, depends on how the board shakes out.

Paye fits more of the mold that I think Flo will like, but this entire edge class is just kinda meh. Phillips is the only pure edge that I like but dudes got tons of injury concerns. If he didnít have those i firmly believe heíd be a top 10 pick in the class.

I could see the Dolphins being in love with Rousseau, I just pray itís not at 18. Iíd take a shot at 36, but the guy just doesnít know how to play the position and will need a few years to really develop. If he reaches his potential heíd be perfect for this scheme with how he can move around, but I just donít see the guy contributing in the pass rush early in his career.

The one name Iím absolutely terrified of is Oweh from Penn State. Might be the most physically gifted guy in the draft, but absolutely no production. Heís got some advanced metrics that show heís actually good at generating pressure, and seems to hold up in the run well enough. But after Charles Harris Iíd be so terrified of taking someone that had 0 sacks in his final season. Unfortunately after his pro day Iíve seen him mocked higher and higher.

You're right, the DE class is alright, but nothing amazing. I'd like Paye at 18, but I'd also take Zaven Collins and Owusu-Koramoah at 18 as well as both have the ability to pressure the QB. I really like the depth of our DL right now, although Ogbah is the only true DE we have really. But if they can find someone that can blitz from the backer role, then I'd be fine with that as well instead of a DE.

So someone like Paye, Ojualri, Collins, Phillips or Owusu-Koramoah would work for me at #18 as all of them can pressure the QB, get sacks, and each brings their own specialized skills.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    You're right, the DE class is alright, but nothing amazing. I'd like Paye at 18, but I'd also take Zaven Collins and Owusu-Koramoah at 18 as well as both have the ability to pressure the QB. I really like the depth of our DL right now, although Ogbah is the only true DE we have really. But if they can find someone that can blitz from the backer role, then I'd be fine with that as well instead of a DE.

So someone like Paye, Ojualri, Collins, Phillips or Owusu-Koramoah would work for me at #18 as all of them can pressure the QB, get sacks, and each brings their own specialized skills.
    Yes our CB's allow us to get by without a premium pass rusher, so if it's not a good year, we can take another LB and just keep scheming pass rush by committee. All the more reason to grab a thumper RB, just to help keep the ball away from potent offenses when needed. I hope they go with what the draft offers and don't push for another Charles Harris or Dion Jordan as mentioned above.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 03-30-2021 at 10:01 PM.

I'm a Michigan fan, I watch all the games. Paye never stood out in any game I watched. He's another Rashan Gary IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I'm a Michigan fan, I watch all the games. Paye never stood out in any game I watched. He's another Rashan Gary IMO.
    I put him more on that Taco scale than Gary. At least Gary got double teamed from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    As a PSU fan I hope we stay away from Oweh.

Wish we would have just stayed at 12 and taken whoever fell. There's most likely going to be a real quality wr for us in the second. Definitely think we'll be going after an edge rusher.

They need to make some quality picks. Last year's first round hasn't worked out so hot so far and I'm still high on Tua. The Iggy pick was a train wreck. Get me some players.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Page 31 of 74 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast