Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 74 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Gesiecki may be a player they trade for another 2022 pick if they grab Pitts. I'd like to see both on the field together, but it opens up the possibility anyway.
    Then again I just thought about Geseicki, Pitts, Parker and maybe Williams near the goal line. Nice big targets.
    Put Harris in that backfield and oh my... They could come away from this draft with multiple starters on offense, let's hope things play out nicely for us. Can't wait for draft day.

As much as I love the possibility, I donít think you trade back into the top 10 with the thought that you would trade back again. Obviously if someone wants one of the QBs that badly and makes another crazy offer, like Carolina or Denver offering a 2nd and 4th, then maybe. But I think Grier made the trade because heís adamant about getting his guy and wonít risk it.

Quote Originally Posted by oconn444 View Post
    Seriously tho, I donít see a huge drop off in talent from 6 to 12. I would much rather have stayed and had all those picks. But I think this is just a sign that our front office is set on a player and I trust them so overall Iím okay with the trade.
    At WR I do see a huge drop off, but youíre right at other positions. But I understand them not risking it. Like I said when the trade happened, Grier has to start hitting some home runs.

Iíve said it a lot already, but Pitts, Waddle, and Chase are in a league of their own in this draft. Then you have Smith who is just so good at literally everything, but itís hard to say for sure that heíll carry that elite play to the next level.

So I understand them trading up to get one of these guys, but WR is just starting to become one of those positions where thereís always tons of talent. I stand by my statement that if youíre taking one of the top 10, you have to be positive that heís an elite talent. Iíll be overjoyed with any of the three.

From Barry
    To be clear, to Dolphins fans who bristle at Watson mentions: Before his legal issues, Dolphins planned to pursue him, according to close associates of people at HIGHEST LEVELS of the team. Now, obviously less likely. They were always committed to Tua if they didn't get Watson...

I take this as if the legal stuff clears up they might make a run at it again, but at the moment itís only Tua. And Iím happy with that.

I'm fine with them going for an elite young QB, nothing wrong with doing so. This is also not a knock on Tua. Watson is elite right now and can win you a SB. Tua might become elite and do the same but its going to be a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    There is a big drop talent from 6 to 12 for sure.

3 qbs will go in the first 3 picks for sure. So at 6 get one of the super elite guys for sure. By the time you get to pick 9-10 all of those guys could be gone.

We added picks, and will still get one of our top targets, very possibly the guy we would of taken at 3, thats a huge win.

Not saying the guys picked after can't be better, but the real prizes of the daft will mostly be gone by the 10th pick.
    Waddle, chase, smith, Pitts, parsons, all probably gone, and its highly likely the guys we have the the highest grades for are part of that list.

We have a good team, but we need more of the truly elite players and thats what the 6 pick gives us.
    Okay after looking at the board more, I concede. There does seem to be a pretty steep drop off around pick 9. But we would still likely be able to pick between Slater or any of the pass rushers. I honestly think 5 QBs could be selected in the top 10

I think the idea is definitely Chase or Pitts at #6. But if ATL throws a curve and takes Pitts or Sewell, then I can absolutely see MIA trading back to 8 or 9 if CAR or DEN wants to come up for QB4 in the draft. I honestly can see someone trading up for QB5 as well within the top 10. Next year's QB class is not going to be great, so now is the time to make the move for those teams.

I am officially in love with Pitts at 6 though. Such a tough match-up at TE, as well as potentially on the outside. And if you pair him with Gesicki, the offense can become very unpredictable in the RPO with two TE sets.

A Pitts/Harris 1st rd . . . the offense does a complete 180 and becomes an offense with elite potential. Then splurge at WR next year in FA (Allen Robinson? Juju? Re-sign Fuller?).

I'm certainly in like with Chase at 6 as well. Chase plays faster than most people believe, and he is truly the only WR with WR1 potential in the draft, as I think Waddle has elite WR2 potential.

Either Chase or Pitts at 6 and I'll be a happy dude!

Dolphins trade any 1st round picks today?

It wouldn't shock me if we traded down to 8. Depending on how the draft unfolds.
    Last edited by Plague; 03-28-2021 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I think the idea is definitely Chase or Pitts at #6. But if ATL throws a curve and takes Pitts or Sewell, then I can absolutely see MIA trading back to 8 or 9 if CAR or DEN wants to come up for QB4 in the draft. I honestly can see someone trading up for QB5 as well within the top 10. Next year's QB class is not going to be great, so now is the time to make the move for those teams.

I am officially in love with Pitts at 6 though. Such a tough match-up at TE, as well as potentially on the outside. And if you pair him with Gesicki, the offense can become very unpredictable in the RPO with two TE sets.

A Pitts/Harris 1st rd . . . the offense does a complete 180 and becomes an offense with elite potential. Then splurge at WR next year in FA (Allen Robinson? Juju? Re-sign Fuller?).

I'm certainly in like with Chase at 6 as well. Chase plays faster than most people believe, and he is truly the only WR with WR1 potential in the draft, as I think Waddle has elite WR2 potential.

Either Chase or Pitts at 6 and I'll be a happy dude!
    I dunno why everyone keeps slotting an offensive pick for Atlanta, their offense was good last year, defense was non existent, if they don't go qb they go defense for sure imo.

^^^^irs because this is an incredibly terrible defensive draft, especially at the top. Most draftniks I follow talk about how much they hate drafting for ATL because thereís just simply no one that fits their needs at 4 outside of a QB and CB. But there isnít a true blue chip CB in this draft.

They seem destined to trade down.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Dolphins trade any 1st round picks today?

It wouldn't shock me if we traded down to 8. Depending on how the draft unfolds.
    I think it would take a very unique situation, but I donít think itís impossible.

Lets say they had 3 guys ranked as blue chip players. Sewell, Pitts, and Chase make the most sense. Lets assume, a QB goes 4, and Sewell goes 5. Then you would feel a 100% comfortable with trading back to 8, since Detroit probably takes one of those guys. Obviously if they also have Waddle or Smith in there they would be more comfortable, but then why even trade up to 6 if you had that many guys?

But of course that requires Carolina wanting to trade up for Jones/feeling that they need to hop Detroit. I donít think Miami would then trade back further to say Denver simply because it creates the possibility of their last top 3 guy is taken in front of them. Grier isnít about to trade a future 1st, then get cute and risk someone snagging his guy.

I really donít think we trade back again. It would take something crazy like one of the CBs or Slater going in front of Miami. Grier made the move to get up to 6 because he wants SOMEONE from their top group and isnít going to risk seeing them go. The fact that they chose 6 feels super calculated.

I personally am leaning towards Chase now. Iíd be completely ok with Pitts and Waddle, but Iíve always felt like Chase had the highest ceiling of any WR. I think Pitts and Waddle make a bigger impact year one because of their skillset, but you give Chase a year or two and I think he can be a top 10 WR.

Adding Fuller really makes me more comfortable with this pick. I still think the combo of Waddle and Fuller would be nuts, but I see Chase having a true #1 WR role soon. Just polish up his release a bit more and some route running and heíll be up there.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    ^^^^irs because this is an incredibly terrible defensive draft, especially at the top. Most draftniks I follow talk about how much they hate drafting for ATL because thereís just simply no one that fits their needs at 4 outside of a QB and CB. But there isnít a true blue chip CB in this draft.

They seem destined to trade down.

I think it would take a very unique situation, but I donít think itís impossible.

Lets say they had 3 guys ranked as blue chip players. Sewell, Pitts, and Chase make the most sense. Lets assume, a QB goes 4, and Sewell goes 5. Then you would feel a 100% comfortable with trading back to 8, since Detroit probably takes one of those guys. Obviously if they also have Waddle or Smith in there they would be more comfortable, but then why even trade up to 6 if you had that many guys?

But of course that requires Carolina wanting to trade up for Jones/feeling that they need to hop Detroit. I donít think Miami would then trade back further to say Denver simply because it creates the possibility of their last top 3 guy is taken in front of them. Grier isnít about to trade a future 1st, then get cute and risk someone snagging his guy.

I really donít think we trade back again. It would take something crazy like one of the CBs or Slater going in front of Miami. Grier made the move to get up to 6 because he wants SOMEONE from their top group and isnít going to risk seeing them go. The fact that they chose 6 feels super calculated.
    It can also depend on how desperate Denver or Carolina get. There is a point where the offer trumps the player you want and you alter your draft plans. I think if 4 of the top 5 QBS are gone and teams like Denver, Chicago, and carolina will be calling to with offers. I can't see us trading down to Chicago or Washington. I would think absurd offers by them go higher, but there is going to be 2 QBs left and Atlanta, Cincy, and our pick will be the premier picks for those players.
    Last edited by Plague; 03-29-2021 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    It can also depend on how desperate Denver or Carolina get. There is a point where the offer trumps the player you want and you alter your draft plans. I think if 4 of the top 5 QBS are gone and teams like Denver, Chicago, and carolina will be calling to with offers. I can't see us trading down to Chicago or Washington. I would think absurd offers by them go higher, but there is going to be 2 QBs left and Atlanta, Cincy, and our pick will be the premier picks for those players.
    I'm not sure a trade back to 19 or 20 is what this FO imagines. Even if WSH or CHI offered this years 1st, 2nd, and a 2022 1st . . . I still think that's too far a drop to get anyone elite. We need some blue-chip players on this team, and #6 offers that. You can only collect so many future assets until you realize you've been drafting 'good' or 'nice' players with those mid-to-late 1st rd draft picks. We need that elite talent that can grow with this team for the next 10 years.

I like the thought though, cause i love draft assets, but even I know when enough is enough lol. I hope they don't trade back outside the top 9 slots.

Albert Breer said in his MMQB article that Philly made the move because they believe 4 QBs will go top 4 and Chase will go to CIN.

If this happened it would leave us with a choice of Sewell or Pitts or one of the Bama guys.

Iím kinda off the Bama guys now after the trade. If you trading a future pick for someone they need to be someone I see that could develop into a top 5 player at their position. Thatís Chase, Pitts, and Sewell for me.

Also Daniel Jeremiah just put out his top 50 and has Quinn Meinerz in there. DJ is one of the most plugged in guys so I believe him. Iíve been saying for awhile that Quinn isnít going to be a 3rd round guy.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 03-29-2021 at 10:14 AM.

Albert Breer said in his MMQB article that Philly made the move because they believe 4 QBs will go top 4 and Chase will go to CIN.

If this happened it would leave us with a choice of Sewell or Pitts or one of the Bama guys.

Iím kinda off the Bama guys now after the trade. If you trading a future pick for someone they need to be someone I see that could develop into a top 5 player at their position. Thatís Chase, Pitts, and Sewell for me.

Also Daniel Jeremiah just put out his top 50 and has Quinn Meinerz in there. DJ is one of the most plugged in guys so I believe him. Iíve been saying for awhile that Quinn isnít going to be a 3rd round guy.
    That stings a bit if due to the fact if we miss out on Creed or Dickerson, then we have to spend a 2nd round pick to get a center when we could have used a 3rd. Of course, this is all speculation and players fall and rise yearly to spots that all of the forecasters projected incorrectly. All a guessing game . . .

At 6, if Sewell is there, I'm jumping all over that! He is still the best non-QB prospect in the draft imo. But do you trade back up to #6 for a LT? I still think it's going to be Chase or Pitts, cause our team lacks offensive firepower. I'm officially off the Devonta Smith bandwagon. Great college player . . .too thin for a top 10 pick. I still think Waddle is good for a team in desperate need of speed.

But if QBs go 1-4, and if CIN does not trade back, MIA is in prime position again to trade back to 8 or 9 for a team to draft Mac Jones at #6.

So even if it goes QB, QB, QB, QB, Sewell/Chase, QB, Sewell/Chase/Pitts . . . #8 still holds just as much value as #6 does for MIA. They would still be able to draft one of their top 3 guys at 8.

I think Humphrey positioned himself into the 1st rd, so that makes me sad. Dickerson might not be there at #50, but if he is, I'd still take him over Meinerz. I don't view Meinerz as a 2nd rd OC. maybe a team falls in love with him as an OG? Like MIA did with Raekwon Davis. so he could jump to the 2nd.

Page 30 of 74 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast