Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    This literally all happened because Tunsil smoked some weed. Itís absolutely crazy to think about that single situation caused all of this lol

Btw, whenever the Watson rumors heat up again, I donít want to hear anyone say Iím crazy with the 5 firsts thing. We can disagree on if we would do it or not, but the 49ers just traded 3 just to draft a rookie lol
    As I believe you are aware, I never argued what he was worth. I argued what he was worth to Miami, who already had drafted a promising QB, so why would you give up all that draft capital for Watson? Miami would sure look stupid if Tua came out of the gates on fire and was a pro bowl QB lol. I want no part of it, especially now with the lingering allogations against him... The crazy thing is, teams would still give up a Kings random for him, just praying to the football Gods that team isn't Miami!

This literally all happened because Tunsil smoked some weed. Itís absolutely crazy to think about that single situation caused all of this lol

Btw, whenever the Watson rumors heat up again, I donít want to hear anyone say Iím crazy with the 5 firsts thing. We can disagree on if we would do it or not, but the 49ers just traded 3 just to draft a rookie lol
    And wasn't it rumored to be his dad/step dad who leaked the video? haha christ almighty!

Technically the Niners only gave up 2 1sts. But this also moves the point I made last week or so that #3 pick is much more valuable than some were thinking. So Miami would not have had to give up 5 1sts. #3 = Niners 3 1sts. So it would've been #3, 2022 1st and 2023 1st to = 5 1sts

We can revisit the Watson crap next off season, if there is a need!

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    As I believe you are aware, I never argued what he was worth. I argued what he was worth to Miami, who already had drafted a promising QB, so why would you give up all that draft capital for Watson? Miami would sure look stupid if Tua came out of the gates on fire and was a pro bowl QB lol. I want no part of it, especially now with the lingering allogations against him... The crazy thing is, teams would still give up a Kings random for him, just praying to the football Gods that team isn't Miami!
    Yup weíve got that figured out now. And at worst, now the Dolphins get to use some of these picks this year to fill out the roster IF we do trade for Watson. Because thereís no way heís traded before the draft now.

If they had stuck at 12 I would have believed it more. But now I think theyíre REALLY focused on Tua.

Btw just clarifying even more about the trades, the 22 3rd the 49ers are giving us is the comp pick they get for Robert Saleh getting hired by the Jets. No idea where those will be ranked as of now, but itíll be later in the 3rd anyways.

Yup weíve got that figured out now. And at worst, now the Dolphins get to use some of these picks this year to fill out the roster IF we do trade for Watson. Because thereís no way heís traded before the draft now.

If they had stuck at 12 I would have believed it more. But now I think theyíre REALLY focused on Tua.

Btw just clarifying even more about the trades, the 22 3rd the 49ers are giving us is the comp pick they get for Robert Saleh getting hired by the Jets. No idea where those will be ranked as of now, but itíll be later in the 3rd anyways.
    Likely at the end of the 3rd if it's a comp pick, but that's fine, it's still an additional pick in the top 100 we can use to acquire more talent.

I agree on your comment about Tua and sticking at 12. They moved up because they know there's going to be a playmaker available at 6 that likely won't be there at 12. I really hope it's chase or pitts, I'd accept it if they went Smith or waddle but I think the above two are the guys I'd be eyeing. I really hope Atlanta shocks everyone and takes Sewell and then maybe Cinci takes Smith 😁 dream scenario and I wouldn't need to worry about Miami grabbing someone else(if they draft Horn or something instead I'd likely go insane and flip out... But dunno if that'll really happen).

Btw Eagles fans are absolutely furious... Like, want Howie fired furious. It's amusing lol

Cool. I'm not sure which is better right now to be honest, so it is what it is.

Either way, Miami traded back 3 spots, swapped a 4 for a 5 and picked up a 3rd and a first in 2023. The important part to note is the first 3 picks are going to be QBs... Miami will surely have one of Sewell/Pitts/Chase, possibly even two of 3 if Atlanta takes a quarterback. Take the best one on your board and you still have tons of options at 18, including another trade up if a WR slips at all.

If you told me we could walk away with Pitts/Chase, maybe someone like Harris, and 3 more picks in the top 50 AND then another first on top of that, I'd be thrilled.
    It was the perfect trade back scenario, and exactly what I hoped for.

It never happens for us, but this time it did.

I'm very happy that the Dolphins did this it should put the Watson trade rumors to bed.

Now this is how I think they will do it.

At (6)Jaylen Waddle/DeVonta Smith I think it will be one of these two.
    At (18)Najee Harris/Kyle Pitts

Now this is if they stay where there at I'm not too convinced they will.

Man the more I look at the trade value, you REALLY have to think a few of those guys will be elite to trade up for that 6th pick. Thatís a lot for a WR IMO. But again, I appreciate that theyíre finally getting aggressive.

Iím glad that we get to root against another team, but Iím gonna be real salty seeing Eagles fans rooting against us all year. Oh how the tables have turned.

Not really sure what youíre disagreeing with lol. I feel like I said the same thing where they obviously want one of these top non-QB players.

I appreciate the aggressiveness. Youíve got to get some actual playmakers. More than likely ATL can now trade back for a stupid haul, and then youíll be sitting there with some combo of Chase, Waddle, Sewell, or Smith. 6 was always the spot I wished we could trade back to because itís where I felt like the run on playmakers started.

Although imagine if some of these teams actually have Mac Jones super high. Thereís multiple people saying donít ignore the 49ers possibly taking Mac. Panthers arenít going to trade with ATL, and I think CIN stays out. What if Lance or Fields fall to 6 and we trade with Denver or Carolina lol

Btw thereís reports that weíve received at least 3-4 offers over the past few weeks. And I thought the QB market was dying down LOL.
    Never thought this would happen so soon. We were thinking we had limited options the way things were going the past few days. Shows what we know. We did good. Could we have done better? Of course, but then we might not have gotten this opportunity possibly. Take what we got and no telling what else we may pull off. Still the potential to get the blue chipper most of us want . . .

If you can't tell, I'm really really pleased lol.

I'm not used to Miami being on the receiving end of these kinds of trades.

Someone posted this on the PFT article for the trade, so not my own content but pretty crazy and thought I'd share.

"So the Dolphins have now turned Laremy Tunsil (who slipped to them because NFL executives forgot it was the 21st century) and Kenny Stills into 5 1sts, 3 2nds, and a swap of 3rd round draft picks? How is this not the most ďwowĒ transaction trade in NFL history right there?"
    Yep that bong video did us proud . . . and keeps making us proud.

Absolutely agree 100%

The pro football network has already updated Miami's positions for this year and next:
    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

Quote Originally Posted by phinman007 View Post
    The pro football network has already updated Miami's positions for this year and next:
    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/
    So... I did this and ended up with Chase, Pitts and javonte Williams as my first 3 picks.

Took Elijah Moore with my next, I would love that IRL 😁

Quote Originally Posted by phinman007 View Post
    Never thought this would happen so soon. We were thinking we had limited options the way things were going the past few days. Shows what we know. We did good. Could we have done better? Of course, but then we might not have gotten this opportunity possibly. Take what we got and no telling what else we may pull off. Still the potential to get the blue chipper most of us want . . .
    I donít know, the more I sit on this the more I kinda donít like the Eagles move. To trade back 3 spots and only get a 22 3rd and 23 1st is kinda rough. I just keep comparing it to the Jets deal for Darnold and the colts got 3 2nds within 2 years. Obviously if the 49ers are terrible and we get a top 10 pick weíll be happy, but I would have liked a bit more.

The receiver you get HAS to be elite.

I donít know, the more I sit on this the more I kinda donít like the Eagles move. To trade back 3 spots and only get a 22 3rd and 23 1st is kinda rough. I just keep comparing it to the Jets deal for Darnold and the colts got 3 2nds within 2 years. Obviously if the 49ers are terrible and we get a top 10 pick weíll be happy, but I would have liked a bit more.

The receiver you get HAS to be elite.
    Well, you might want to weigh in the possibility of our 1st next year could be potentially a top 5 or 10 pick. But yeah, it was a gamble to make this deal now. If we waited, then we might have been leapfrogged and not gotten as much.

Hope we get Pitts, then edge or LB later in first. Then RB and WR in 2nd.

Page 28 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast