Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 72 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    This is basically how I feel about the trade to 6 right now
    Barry Jackson
    ď Going to ask Quinnipiac to poll Dolfans and ask if they would have 1) stayed at 3 to take Pitts, a player whose catches resulted in 1st down or TD 91 percent of time last season or 2) done all these trades to essentially pick up 49ers' 1st rounder in 2023. Results tonight at 11.Ē

Also this from Beasley
    ď Donít discount the possibility that the Dolphins move back from 6 but also up from 36. They would have the assets to easily acquire a third first-rounder (and the fifth-year option that comes with it).Ē

I wouldnít hate a Waddle, Najee, Aziz day 1. But I really want to see this team add more day 2 picks. My dream is trade back from 18 to say 22 or 23, team looking for a LT, and then use that extra pick to move back up.
    I also would prefer a trade back with both of our picks and pick up more assets. I don't want to trade way back but 3 to 6 spots would be good.

The niners likely traded up to 3 knowing they wanted a QB but not 100 percent set in stone on which QB....I think the Dolphins did something similar by moving up to 6. I think the Dolphins feel they had a shot of getting the players they wanted or we would get better results on draft day trading down from 6 than what we gave up.

I'm sure teams are calling MIA in case ATL stays put and takes Pitts and CIN takes Chase, cause that is the logical spot for a team to trade up to grab a QB.

I mean, DEN seems like the most likely team to make the move up, but ain't no way they are giving two 1sts. I'd have no problem taking 9 and 40 for 6, which would be an overpay by DEN, but if their QB really falls to 6 . . . better pay up.

Phins took a gamble on one of their players being at 6 . . . but this was prior to Pitts' pro day. and I think an assumption around all NFL front offices were that ATL would take a QB, or trade back, and CIN would take Sewell. both can still happen, and I'd be shocked if MIA traded out of 6 prior to their pick being on the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I'm sure teams are calling MIA in case ATL stays put and takes Pitts and CIN takes Chase, cause that is the logical spot for a team to trade up to grab a QB.

I mean, DEN seems like the most likely team to make the move up, but ain't no way they are giving two 1sts. I'd have no problem taking 9 and 40 for 6, which would be an overpay by DEN, but if their QB really falls to 6 . . . better pay up.

Phins took a gamble on one of their players being at 6 . . . but this was prior to Pitts' pro day. and I think an assumption around all NFL front offices were that ATL would take a QB, or trade back, and CIN would take Sewell. both can still happen, and I'd be shocked if MIA traded out of 6 prior to their pick being on the clock.
    The Dolphins likely looking for more future draft capital than current draft capital. Apparently the Dolphins need to cut about 8 to 15 million in salary to sign draft picks and have enough money during the year for pick ups. Adding more picks this year would mean more salary needs to be shed. It could also be why the Dolphins are considering trading down.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    The Dolphins likely looking for more future draft capital than current draft capital. Apparently the Dolphins need to cut about 8 to 15 million in salary to sign draft picks and have enough money during the year for pick ups. Adding more picks this year would mean more salary needs to be shed. It could also be why the Dolphins are considering trading down.
    possibly. If DEN offered 9, 2022 2nd rd pick, a 2022 4th rd pick . . . I guess it would be alright, but we gave up a 1st rd pick to move up, and now we're going to move back for a 2nd and 4th potentially? Grier swung for the fences, and it still may work out, or it may not. I'm glad Grier is being aggressive is his pursuit to make the team better.

But also, if we did get 9 & 40, someone on the current roster gonna be gone, so the salary cap thing doesn't bother me at all to be honest. We draft a WR, then that might make one of Hurns, Wilson or Grant expendable. We draft a safety, then maybe one of Rowe or McCain are expendable. Lots of possibilities for cuts.

I thought this was an interesting read...

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/artic...-round-rb-away

Listening to Broncos guys it doesnít seem like theyíre interested in trading up. I really donít think itíll be as easy for a team to trade up to 4 as we think.

You know that CIN and MIA arenít taking a QB. Detroit has been hit or miss on their interest and have shown that theyíll be happy to trade back if their guy isnít there. Carolina isnít taking one. So you just need to find a spot to get in front of Den maybe. And really the only other teams that could take a rookie QB are so far down the draft with NE, WFT, and CHI. It would take a stupid trade and I donít see NE or WFT actually being desperate enough to mortgage the future.

I think thereís a super high likely hood that ATL canít find someone and stays at 4.

I also just want to remind everyone that this is around the time that the Dolphins smokescreen was itís strongest last year. Yesterday it was all about trading back, today itís all about trading back because they want Waddle and think they can get him later (if so then why not stay at 12). I wouldnít put too much into anything we hear right now.

the smoke is thick for sure. I agree that it probably would take WTF or CHI moving up to 6 for MIA to find a partner. Moving back that far would be highly interesting. I would hate it to be honest, but if it meant MIA gets another three 1st rd picks, maybe a couple 2s'? MIA would control the next three drafts in terms of assets. And the play would make sense if they think they need assets to potentially go after another QB in the draft or FA in another 2 years.

the smoke is thick for sure. I agree that it probably would take WTF or CHI moving up to 6 for MIA to find a partner. Moving back that far would be highly interesting. I would hate it to be honest, but if it meant MIA gets another three 1st rd picks, maybe a couple 2s'? MIA would control the next three drafts in terms of assets. And the play would make sense if they think they need assets to potentially go after another QB in the draft or FA in another 2 years.
    Yeah it's a good question. On one hand, losing out on a blue chip prospect would definitely suck... But on the other hand, would it really be the worst thing ever if they drafted Bateman and grabbed 3 first round picks and a few added picks to balance things out? I don't care what anyone says, this roster isn't one or two players away.... We have a good defense that, imo, played well above expectations and there's still lots of work to be done on offense. If we dropped to 19 and picked Harris/Bateman while having multiple first round picks in the next 3 drafts.... It's worth considering, I'll say that. Id want a ****ing HAUL though, not sure Washington wants to mortgage the future for a QB when that didn't exactly work out very well last time. But hey, maybe their enamored with Trey Lance and something happens but nothing will here till draft day. I'll be shocked otherwise.

^^^^I completely agree, the team is still one or two years away. The window feels like itís been sped up, but we still have a ton of work. Even on defense, we were middle of the pack in a lot of categories and were really carried by turnovers instead of winning actual matchups. Thatís so difficult to rely on. Itís why Iíve turned around on the NCB or Safety idea early in the draft.

Itís why Iíve started to back off of ďwe HAVE to draft this spot or itís a failureĒ. I think we have obvious needs that happen to match up with the depth of this draft, but I doubt Grier just flat out ignores BPA throughout the first 3 rounds. Might mean that we see guys like Skura or Biegel starting for us this year, but you have to earn the right to draft for need.

possibly. If DEN offered 9, 2022 2nd rd pick, a 2022 4th rd pick . . . I guess it would be alright, but we gave up a 1st rd pick to move up, and now we're going to move back for a 2nd and 4th potentially? Grier swung for the fences, and it still may work out, or it may not. I'm glad Grier is being aggressive is his pursuit to make the team better.

But also, if we did get 9 & 40, someone on the current roster gonna be gone, so the salary cap thing doesn't bother me at all to be honest. We draft a WR, then that might make one of Hurns, Wilson or Grant expendable. We draft a safety, then maybe one of Rowe or McCain are expendable. Lots of possibilities for cuts.
    Regardless of what we do I think Grant, Hurns, and Wilson will be gone. We have 12 WRs and we need to shed salary. Those 3 would free up about half the salary we need to free up.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    I thought this was an interesting read...

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/artic...-round-rb-away
    I wouldnt put much stock into who leads the team in YPC. Your high pick is likely to be your main guy, your 3rd down back is going to likely have a higher YPC as the defense will likely be playing pass more than run, so when he does run it might be a containment situation where the defense will let the RB get 7 to 10 yards on a carry and a punt.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I wouldnt put much stock into who leads the team in YPC. Your high pick is likely to be your main guy, your 3rd down back is going to likely have a higher YPC as the defense will likely be playing pass more than run, so when he does run it might be a containment situation where the defense will let the RB get 7 to 10 yards on a carry and a punt.
    Mmmm... Did you actually read the article?

Rapaport reported multiple teams have called Mia with offers to trade up. For whatever thats worth.

I'm not putting much stock into it. There are reports out saying CAR is receiving interest in #8, DAL is receiving interest in #10 . . . so I'm taking all of this chatter with a grain of salt.

Right now, in my head, I would only trade back if we were getting a HAUL of assets back. I'm talking back with WFT or CHI for multiple 1sts and 2nds. We can own the next couple years of drafts, and use them for a QB should we see Tua is not our franchise QB after a couple years.

A trade back to DEN for #9 and #40 would also tickle my funny bone as well, but I'm not interested in moving back to #9 if they are only including a 3rd or something stupid like that.

I think Waddle would destroy teams in the slot, so if he's the pick at 6 (if Pitts and Chase are gone) would be nice. I still don't know if Parsons is worth the premium pick. Is he the next Luke Kuechly or Patrick Willis? meh. I'd actually take Surtain II, but that would be overkill at CB this year.

Can't wait for next week!

I'm not putting much stock into it. There are reports out saying CAR is receiving interest in #8, DAL is receiving interest in #10 . . . so I'm taking all of this chatter with a grain of salt.

Right now, in my head, I would only trade back if we were getting a HAUL of assets back. I'm talking back with WFT or CHI for multiple 1sts and 2nds. We can own the next couple years of drafts, and use them for a QB should we see Tua is not our franchise QB after a couple years.

A trade back to DEN for #9 and #40 would also tickle my funny bone as well, but I'm not interested in moving back to #9 if they are only including a 3rd or something stupid like that.

I think Waddle would destroy teams in the slot, so if he's the pick at 6 (if Pitts and Chase are gone) would be nice. I still don't know if Parsons is worth the premium pick. Is he the next Luke Kuechly or Patrick Willis? meh. I'd actually take Surtain II, but that would be overkill at CB this year.

Can't wait for next week!
    I'm with you. Pitts / Chase / Waddle / trade down for a decent haul.

Page 43 of 72 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast