Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 72 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Reports are Penei Sewell is training at RT more, in addition to keeping his training at LT active. Very interesting since MIA would most likely use him at RT. Just saying, his camp may know something the rest of the NFL may just be thinking . . . MIA could take Sewell at #6.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    i like the aggressiveness, as I think MIA has the draft assets in the next couple years to make it happen. and the math makes sense where you can get to #9 with a combo of #18, #50, and maybe a 2022 mid round pick.

But I'd be more inclined to trade back into the 1st rd with #36 and #81. If we can get back into the 1st rd in the 20's, they would be able to nail the huge holes (phrasing ). Take Chase/Pitts at 6, Paye/Phillips at 18, then Harris/Etienne in the 20's . . . and still have pick 50. That's a HR.
    I hate the idea of pass rusher at 18. this class is weak there. best one is Ojulari. Harris is a R2 guy and I would rather have Carter over him

Reports are Penei Sewell is training at RT more, in addition to keeping his training at LT active. Very interesting since MIA would most likely use him at RT. Just saying, his camp may know something the rest of the NFL may just be thinking . . . MIA could take Sewell at #6.
    That's the most convincing evidence I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    That's the most convincing evidence I have seen.
    just setting people up for when it actually happens

All Penei is trying to do is give himself felxablity. Not like he would be the frist LT to get taken and play at RT to start his career. Bengals also have a LT and no RT, same with the Lions, Giants and Falcons in that top 15.

Watching the Parsons tape, and Iím no scout obviously, other than the sacks I wasnít impressed. He was a linebacker hitting RBs and giving up an extra yard or two each time. I would have expected it to be a solid stop more often than not. Raise the talent level in the NFL and I could see a lot of missed tackles.

That said, if analysis is heís that good, I wouldnít mind him at 6. I know itís a lower priority position, but seeing how good Patrick Willis was in the past, and then adding in Navarro Bowman, I donít think it was a coincidence the 49ers were in a Super Bowl with those guys on the team. I really appreciate top tier LB play, and we havenít had it in ages.

Seeing all the debate, Iím not high on the WR. Iíd like Pitts or Sewell. Parsons if heís supposed to be that good would be fine. Too often high end WR are found later in the draft. Unless itís a Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson type player, which from my understanding none of them are, I donít see the need to draft them very high. Teams like the Steelers find incredible value later in the draft consistently at the WR position. It takes time for them to develop in most cases anyway, whereas top tier line play can be had from day one usually. And I hugely devalue the RB position. You look at the top guys; McCaffrey, Barkley, Kamara, Henry, Elliot - Hurt, hurt, 3rd round, Line/exception, Line. Line play can make all the difference when itís elite. And gets too banged up to draft in the first round, plus later round players are just as likely to pop.

Pitts/Sewell at 6, OL/def at 18. WR/RB in 2nd and 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Source?

And is this for just 1st round picks for the Bengals, if so remove the obvious Bengals selection of Burrow last year then what does 95% drop to?

Burrow was sacked 32 times in 9+ games he played. Vikings, who have their own o-line issues, moved on from Reiff, and he ain't the answer at RT for them. The smart move for them is to go Sewell but the fantasy attraction of Chase and Burrow might win out.
    It was on the fins subreddit. Apparently he's predicted a lot of FA signings as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    It was on the fins subreddit. Apparently he's predicted a lot of FA signings as well.
    Honestly, I'll be shocked if the Bengals don't take Chase. I would take Sewell, personally, given what Burrows went through last year and the fact there's a TON of good WR available in the second and third rounds but it seems this is what Cinci is leaning towards.

Which is why I'm also good with Sewell over someone like waddle or Smith. I'm pretty good with any of the above... I'm only going to rage out if we take a CB or Slater, even Parsons wouldn't really upset me much, though not the direction I'd go personally.

My hope is still Pitts, that's the guy I want most.

My board:
    Pitts
    Chase
    Sewell
    Waddle
    Smith
    Parsons

Come away with one of these players and they'll have another blue chip prospect to add to the team. If we take Slater/Horn/someone else, I'm not going to be very pleased next Thursday. There's a ton of options available to Miami, don't **** it up.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Honestly, I'll be shocked if the Bengals don't take Chase. I would take Sewell, personally, given what Burrows went through last year and the fact there's a TON of good WR available in the second and third rounds but it seems this is what Cinci is leaning towards.

Which is why I'm also good with Sewell over someone like waddle or Smith. I'm pretty good with any of the above... I'm only going to rage out if we take a CB or Slater, even Parsons wouldn't really upset me much, though not the direction I'd go personally.

My hope is still Pitts, that's the guy I want most.

My board:
    Pitts
    Chase
    Sewell
    Waddle
    Smith
    Parsons

Come away with one of these players and they'll have another blue chip prospect to add to the team. If we take Slater/Horn/someone else, I'm not going to be very pleased next Thursday. There's a ton of options available to Miami, don't **** it up.
    exactly. I think there are people that are just in love with Pitts and Chase, and rightfully so. I would take either one above everyone else. But nobody should be mad if they are both gone by #6, because we're going to get a player that is going to start somewhere Day 1 for this team at #6.

My top list is pretty much the same, except I swap out Smith for Slater. I think Slater is going to be a great OL in the league for a long time but I also think Slater is a real reach at #6, as is Parsons, as is Smith (at least for this MIA team).

There are only 5 absolute studs in this draft at non-QB imo. Pitts, Chase, Sewell, Surtain II, and Parsons. Surtain and Parsons at 6 would totally shock me beyond all belief. One of Pitts, Chase, or Sewell will be the pick.

One of Pitts, Chase, or Sewell will be the pick.
    My thoughts too. They traded back up to 6, which tells me they likely have 3 blue chip offensive players at the top of their board. Non QB, of course.

These are the 3 unless they are super high on Smith (a lot of insider/GM types LOVE Smith and think his size comments are rubbish) so there's that...

But I really think the pick will be one of the 3 above and I'm perfectly ok with Sewell if Pitts and Chase are gone. I'm really ok with any of them, no one knows who would go 7th and there's no real reaches in the first round especially, because so many bust. If you get a pro bowler, no one is gonna care. They just need to hit on it, this class is very deep at WR, so it's not the end of the world if they don't address it at 6.

Alot of talk about us looking to deal back again and still get our guy. Sure seems like we like Jaylen Waddle.

Both Penei Sewell & JaíMarr Chase have multiple significant cons from the standpoint of Miamiís decision makers (layoff, bad fit w/ existing assets).

Devonta Smith has a significant one as well (Grier/Flores are prototype guys).

Canít think of a con for Waddle.
    https://twitter.com/ckparrot/status/...146528774?s=20

Dolphins fishing for short hop back buyers. Know they can still get their guy moving back a few.

Acquire additional ammo to protect (move up if needed) that second 1st rounder they want.
    https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/sta...63768092250114

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Alot of talk about us looking to deal back again and still get our guy. Sure seems like we like Jaylen Waddle.

https://twitter.com/ckparrot/status/...146528774?s=20

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/sta...63768092250114
    I saw Rapaport reporting the same, that Miami may move back from 6 but only a few spots to still get their guy. Maybe they really like Waddle or Smith? If so, no harm in grabbing a few more draft picks.

Yea the reports coming out today that we are getting calls for 6 make me think that Grier has a smaller list of 2 guys, and it wasnít as strategic of a move back to 6 as I thought.

Pitts and Chase. If both are off, it means a QB is there and you can convince a team to move past Detroit. I would be stunned at this point if itís Sewell.

I still think itís dumb to do a small trade back. If you really only had 2 guys as the blue chip players, why even trade back in the first place? Or why spend a 1st when you could have waited until draft night to maybe get a better deal to move up? What happens if the next two guys are Waddle and Smith and both are gone by your next pick?

Personally if Iím trading back Iím going for a huge swing again. Call WFT or CHI and get a few firsts.

This is basically how I feel about the trade to 6 right now
    Barry Jackson
    ď Going to ask Quinnipiac to poll Dolfans and ask if they would have 1) stayed at 3 to take Pitts, a player whose catches resulted in 1st down or TD 91 percent of time last season or 2) done all these trades to essentially pick up 49ers' 1st rounder in 2023. Results tonight at 11.Ē

Also this from Beasley
    ď Donít discount the possibility that the Dolphins move back from 6 but also up from 36. They would have the assets to easily acquire a third first-rounder (and the fifth-year option that comes with it).Ē

I wouldnít hate a Waddle, Najee, Aziz day 1. But I really want to see this team add more day 2 picks. My dream is trade back from 18 to say 22 or 23, team looking for a LT, and then use that extra pick to move back up.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 04-19-2021 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    My thoughts too. They traded back up to 6, which tells me they likely have 3 blue chip offensive players at the top of their board. Non QB, of course.

These are the 3 unless they are super high on Smith (a lot of insider/GM types LOVE Smith and think his size comments are rubbish) so there's that...

But I really think the pick will be one of the 3 above and I'm perfectly ok with Sewell if Pitts and Chase are gone. I'm really ok with any of them, no one knows who would go 7th and there's no real reaches in the first round especially, because so many bust. If you get a pro bowler, no one is gonna care. They just need to hit on it, this class is very deep at WR, so it's not the end of the world if they don't address it at 6.
    I am not saying your wrong, but I think its also possible that at the time the Dolphins traded up they thought the Falcons would trade their pick to a QB hungry team and that one of the 2 guys that they wanted would be available at 6.....Of course its just my opinion but I really don't think the Dolphins are looking at Waddle with the 6th pick. I just dont see him in the same class as Pitts or Chase. If they are considering Waddle it will be in a trade back.

Page 42 of 72 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast