Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 39 of 72 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 1073
  1. #571
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,806
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    We all know why Miami traded Tunsil except for you. Beginning of a major tear down w/Tunsil coming into a contract extension and 2 1sts and 2 2nds. Tunsil isn't elite and I'm not sure why you say he is.

    I can see Miami taking Waddle then using #18 on one of the tackles who played RT in college ( Jenkins or Mayfield) if they have them rated mid round 1 on their board.
    Dude you’re really just showing your homerisim. I agree I don’t think Tunsil was that good, but he’s one of the top LTs in the league.

    And literally all of the reports that came out afterwards talked about how Miami didn’t want to move Tunsil, but felt like they could live without him because they care more about the unit than an individual. So why would they just suddenly decide “We have to get a top LT or it won’t work at all”

    I just don’t get why some think that this FO would give up basically half of the total Tunsil deal for another LT, a year after they took Jackson. But hey, do you man.

  2. #572
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    16,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    The incentive for teams to trade up is they are competing against other teams to draft a QB. If Fields and Lance are available at 6 we will be getting calls from multiple teams to trade up. I have no doubt about that. Thats why I feel you are giving me a unrealistic scenario. There will be calls for trade ups, its just a question of how far are we willing to drop and are the offers worth more than drafting at 6.
    But again, this is complete heresay.

    Your convinced someone will call us and want to move up but you really have no idea what those offers look like. What if teams in the top ten are only offering Miami a 4th rounder to jump? Or what if a team IS willing to move with proper draft capital but it's a team in the teens.. like Washington. I doubt Miami has any interest in dropping back that far, when they didn't even want to pick at 12.

    So you see, the most "realistic" scenario is Miami selecting their best player available at 6, not these shoe in made up trades, on a team that's already moved up and down the draft board TWICE. It's hard enough to trade on the best of years, ask all those teams who want to trade back every single year and can't find a dance partner.

  3. #573
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,080
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    But again, this is complete heresay.

    Your convinced someone will call us and want to move up but you really have no idea what those offers look like. What if teams in the top ten are only offering Miami a 4th rounder to jump? Or what if a team IS willing to move with proper draft capital but it's a team in the teens.. like Washington. I doubt Miami has any interest in dropping back that far, when they didn't even want to pick at 12.

    So you see, the most "realistic" scenario is Miami selecting their best player available at 6, not these shoe in made up trades, on a team that's already moved up and down the draft board TWICE. It's hard enough to trade on the best of years, ask all those teams who want to trade back every single year and can't find a dance partner.
    Of course its hearsay and opinions. The only people that know are people involved in the process..

    The Dolphins traded back to 6 because I imagine they felt it was better for what they wanted at that time. If things change between now and draft day they will have to evaluate their position based on changes. If for example they made that trade figuring they would get Chase or Pitts at 6 and come draft time both are gone, then they will have to decide if the trade down is better than the remaining players available.

  4. #574
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,213
    If they can't land Chase I want Parsons. He's the most physically gifted defensive player in the draft and he can play all over the field. It's also a position of need.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  5. #575
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,014
    there are reports that PHI may try to trade up for a QB if the right one falls. How hilarious would it be if they wanted back up to #6, and MIA got their picks back and then some? lol.

    I predict a pretty solid chance that neither Chase or Pitts will be there at #6. So, MIA then has a huge decision to make. Do they use #6 on Waddle or Smith? Do they sure up the OL and take Sewell? Do they look to trade back again if another team wants to come up for a QB?

    I'd prefer Sewell or Waddle if Chase and Pitts are gone. Sewell because we wouldn't have to worry about the OL for years, and Waddle because he's the best combo of speed and route running. SO losing out on Chase or Pitts isn't a huge deal for me.

  6. #576
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Dude you’re really just showing your homerisim. I agree I don’t think Tunsil was that good, but he’s one of the top LTs in the league.

    And literally all of the reports that came out afterwards talked about how Miami didn’t want to move Tunsil, but felt like they could live without him because they care more about the unit than an individual. So why would they just suddenly decide “We have to get a top LT or it won’t work at all”

    I just don’t get why some think that this FO would give up basically half of the total Tunsil deal for another LT, a year after they took Jackson. But hey, do you man.
    Do explain to me how that was homerism?

    I believe this o-line is still a pretty big work in progress. Without a good o line it doesn't matter who we have at WR as Tua won't have time to get them the ball. I hope we have 3 starters in Jackson, Hunt, and Kindley but they also graded out like bottom 5 last year. Obviously this was somewhat to be expected with 3 rookies starting on the o-line. Nothing wrong with taking an elite LT and sliding Jackson to RT then Hunt to RG.

  7. #577
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    16,376
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    there are reports that PHI may try to trade up for a QB if the right one falls. How hilarious would it be if they wanted back up to #6, and MIA got their picks back and then some? lol.

    I predict a pretty solid chance that neither Chase or Pitts will be there at #6. So, MIA then has a huge decision to make. Do they use #6 on Waddle or Smith? Do they sure up the OL and take Sewell? Do they look to trade back again if another team wants to come up for a QB?

    I'd prefer Sewell or Waddle if Chase and Pitts are gone. Sewell because we wouldn't have to worry about the OL for years, and Waddle because he's the best combo of speed and route running. SO losing out on Chase or Pitts isn't a huge deal for me.
    My thoughts too. Id be perfectly fine with waddle or Sewell... Both are great picks at 6. I'm even ok with Smith but I worry about his size (like everyone else does).

    But can you imagine Philly giving up MORE to trade with Miami? Their fan base would riot lol they wouldn't do that trade even if they really wanted to.

  8. #578
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,080
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Do explain to me how that was homerism?

    I believe this o-line is still a pretty big work in progress. Without a good o line it doesn't matter who we have at WR as Tua won't have time to get them the ball. I hope we have 3 starters in Jackson, Hunt, and Kindley but they also graded out like bottom 5 last year. Obviously this was somewhat to be expected with 3 rookies starting on the o-line. Nothing wrong with taking an elite LT and sliding Jackson to RT then Hunt to RG.
    I think with Tua being a lefty that Right Tackle is more important than Left Tackle. His blindside is on the opposite side of most qbs.

  9. #579
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I think with Tua being a lefty that Right Tackle is more important than Left Tackle. His blindside is on the opposite side of most qbs.
    Definitely and we need to have the RT position solidified this season.

  10. #580
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I think with Tua being a lefty that Right Tackle is more important than Left Tackle. His blindside is on the opposite side of most qbs.
    I agree, which is why I do not think LT is where you want to put your high pick. Nor do you want to pour your money into that position down the road as much as RT. Makes more sense to go with Pitts, Chase, or Waddle, then use a later pick, maybe 18 or a second on OL.

  11. #581
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,014
    the general consensus is the Phins will make getting weapons for Tua a priority, but what if Grier and Flo want to build up the OL and a running attack? What if the Phins priority is actually Sewell/Slater? what better way to immediately improve the run game AND give Tua that extra time to throw than by getting a stud OL prospect. Sewell can play RT for our 'lefty' QB, and move Hunt to RG. That is a sick blindside OL for the next 8-9 years, if not more. Jesse Davis becomes your swing tackle, and back-up RG, and Kindley becomes the back-up LG.

    I just hope some people don't go haywire when they take Sewell instead of Waddle/Smith (if both Chase and Pitts are gone). I do honestly believe they are targeting one of Chase, Pitts, or Sewell at #6.

  12. #582
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,806
    Would anyone be down to trade DVP if we draft Pitts? I just feel like even after drafting Pitts we need to add some more speed to the WR room. Maybe flip him for a 3rd and draft One of the Moore’s in the 2nd?

    I just feel like you have too many overlapping skill sets between Pitts, Geiscki, and Parker. I like the idea of rolling out a 12 personnel and putting one of Pitts or Geiscki out wide while you have Fuller and a great slot on the field.

    You could also go nuts and have 13 personnel and have both Pitts and Geiscki outside.

    Literally the only problem I have with Pitts at 6 is for the sole reason that you still need some explosiveness. Fuller and Foster are really the only deep threats on the team and Wilson is the only proven slot guy. I think you can easily replace Parker’s impact and add a bit more diverse skill sets to the team.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 04-12-2021 at 09:23 PM.

  13. #583
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,213
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Would anyone be down to trade DVP if we draft Pitts? I just feel like even after drafting Pitts we need to add some more speed to the WR room. Maybe flip him for a 3rd and draft One of the Moore’s in the 2nd?

    I just feel like you have too many overlapping skill sets between Pitts, Geiscki, and Parker. I like the idea of rolling out a 12 personnel and putting one of Pitts or Geiscki out wide while you have Fuller and a great slot on the field.

    You could also go nuts and have 13 personnel and have both Pitts and Geiscki outside.

    Literally the only problem I have with Pitts at 6 is for the sole reason that you still need some explosiveness. Fuller and Foster are really the only deep threats on the team and Wilson is the only proven slot guy. I think you can easily replace Parker’s impact and add a bit more diverse skill sets to the team.
    And Preston.

    I like Pitts a lot as a player but we have absolutely no need for him. If you think he's gonna be the next Calvin Johnson then take him but I think he might be more similar to some of the players we already have.

    I'd take Parsons over him any day. Guy can play inside, cover, stop the run, and you can kick him outside on third down to rush the passer. He's a freak on film and he just ran a 4.39 on pro day. Also has a little Lawrence Taylor in him when it comes to stripping the ball.

    He was new to the linebacker position as a true freshman, still played great. Then had a massive improvement in year two. Who knows how good he would have been this year but he sat out for covid. I think he's the best defensive player in the draft.

    Chase is the only receiver on the board I wouldn't pass on. He was much more noticeable than Jefferson at LSU and Jefferson is already a great player in the nfl.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  14. #584
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,548
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Would anyone be down to trade DVP if we draft Pitts? I just feel like even after drafting Pitts we need to add some more speed to the WR room. Maybe flip him for a 3rd and draft One of the Moore’s in the 2nd?

    I just feel like you have too many overlapping skill sets between Pitts, Geiscki, and Parker. I like the idea of rolling out a 12 personnel and putting one of Pitts or Geiscki out wide while you have Fuller and a great slot on the field.

    You could also go nuts and have 13 personnel and have both Pitts and Geiscki outside.

    Literally the only problem I have with Pitts at 6 is for the sole reason that you still need some explosiveness. Fuller and Foster are really the only deep threats on the team and Wilson is the only proven slot guy. I think you can easily replace Parker’s impact and add a bit more diverse skill sets to the team.
    Pitts lines up at TE, and probably would line up with Gesicki a lot.

    That leaves Parker, And Fuller on the outside, and Bowden can play inside.

    Bowden isn't some scrub nobody, we obviously traded for him for a reason, I'm hoping for a big jump from him, he came in raw last year without a real off season, dude is crazy talented.

    So nah, I don't see any reason to trade Parker.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 04-12-2021 at 11:07 PM.

  15. #585
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,014
    I'm not a fan of trading Parker either to be honest. He's still darn good when he is healthy. maybe next off-season, but I'd stick with Parker and Fuller right now just because neither are guaranteed to stay healthy, and you would need at least one of them every week.

Page 39 of 72 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •