Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 33 of 72 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 1073
  1. #481
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    ^^^^theyll be upset until they see 3 first round picks next year. But yea if one of Chase or Pitts goes crazy next year AND Wentz plays well Iím sure Philly will burn to the ground lol

    Btw Flo is at Florida today and Grier is with Godsey at LSU. Got an up close view of Chase running routes.

    Flo talked to Pitts and will call him again within the week. Pitts also mentioned that the Falcons have spent a ton of time with him and plan on having another phone call with him.

    Add that to the fact that the Eagles made the trade with us because they believed CIN would take Chase and weíre looking at giving up an extra first for a LT or Smith.
    We traded down 3 spots to select the same player we would've taken at #3 while picking up a 2023 1st and swapping 2022 1sts with SF but go ahead and try to spin whichever way makes you upset.

  2. #482
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,806
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    We traded down 3 spots to select the same player we would've taken at #3 while picking up a 2023 1st and swapping 2022 1sts with SF but go ahead and try to spin whichever way makes you upset.
    Youíll quickly learn that the thing that makes me happiest in life is complaining about everything that happens.

    I promise you I will do the same thing on Friday when Sewell blows up his proday.

    Also I want Chase or Pitts so let me be mad at the hypothetical of both being gone.

  3. #483
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    750
    I get it Kody. You want a receiver so bad you can taste it and you are worried. Keep posting brother, I enjoy the updates and the emotional roller coaster, even though each time you find a way for the Dolphins to screw this up a little piece of me dies.

  4. #484
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    I get it Kody. You want a receiver so bad you can taste it and you are worried. Keep posting brother, I enjoy the updates and the emotional roller coaster, even though each time you find a way for the Dolphins to screw this up a little piece of me dies.
    We all became Dolphins fans because we all enjoy misery. Itís my job on here to make everyone realize that they shouldnít be happy no matter what happens.

  5. #485
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,014
    Sewell is going to blow the doors off his pro day. He's going to make it extremely hard for ATL or CIN to pass on him. An elite OT is way harder to come by than a WR1. Chase looks great. Pitts looks great. We'll see what Sewell has. I've been banging the Sewell drum for months now, i'm not stopping just yet

    Also, in the grand scheme of the trade, we didn't trade up . . . we technically traded back to 6. So if people can just realize that the overall reason for the trade was to move from 3 to 6, then I think the idea of one of Sewell, Chase, or Pitts still being there will make it easier to feel good about the trade and potentially about Sewell being the one that falls there.
    Last edited by CeltBruinSoxFan; 04-01-2021 at 07:57 AM.

  6. #486
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,806
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Sewell is going to blow the doors off his pro day. He's going to make it extremely hard for ATL or CIN to pass on him. An elite OT is way harder to come by than a WR1. Chase looks great. Pitts looks great. We'll see what Sewell has. I've been banging the Sewell drum for months now, i'm not stopping just yet

    Also, in the grand scheme of the trade, we didn't trade up . . . we technically traded back to 6. So if people can just realize that the overall reason for the trade was to move from 3 to 6, then I think the idea of one of Sewell, Chase, or Pitts still being there will make it easier to feel good about the trade and potentially about Sewell being the one that falls there.
    Iíve always hated this line of thinking. It wasnít just one trade. They actively made the decision to move back up and spend assets to get back up there. This is like when everyone justified trading a second for Rosen because we got a future pick in 2020. I agree that they have to like 3 guys or they wouldnít have done it, but Iím so curious who that last guy is.

    And Iíve said this before, but I really think you guys are over hyping Sewell. Heís very good, but isnít perfect. And I really donít think the league is as high on him as you are. McShay just did a mock and didnít even have him in the top 10.

    I want people to be prepared for the idea that itís not Sewell, and thereís a very real chance that we just traded up and got Smith. Smith is good, I was pounding the table for him before anyone else. But man, itís tough to sell me on the idea that we traded an extra first for one of the biggest outliers in NFL history. Would you guys be happy with giving up more for Smith than what Buffalo gave up for Diggs, or Arizona for Hopkins? The same amount the Browns gave up for OBJ?

    Or even if it is Sewell, you really trading up for a LT? The whole reason we had this pick was because a team traded for Tunsil. At least he was a proven top 5 LT in the league.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 04-01-2021 at 09:51 AM.

  7. #487
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Iíve always hated this line of thinking. It wasnít just one trade. They actively made the decision to move back up and spend assets to get back up there. This is like when everyone justified trading a second for Rosen because we got a future pick in 2020. I agree that they have to like 3 guys or they wouldnít have done it, but Iím so curious who that last guy is.

    And Iíve said this before, but I really think you guys are over hyping Sewell. Heís very good, but isnít perfect. And I really donít think the league is as high on him as you are. McShay just did a mock and didnít even have him in the top 10.

    I want people to be prepared for the idea that itís not Sewell, and thereís a very real chance that we just traded up and got Smith. Smith is good, I was pounding the table for him before anyone else. But man, itís tough to sell me on the idea that we traded an extra first for one of the biggest outliers in NFL history. Would you guys be happy with giving up more for Smith than what Buffalo gave up for Diggs, or Arizona for Hopkins? The same amount the Browns gave up for OBJ?

    Or even if it is Sewell, you really trading up for a LT? The whole reason we had this pick was because a team traded for Tunsil. At least he was a proven top 5 LT in the league.
    WE WOULDN'T EVEN BE DISCUSSING THE POSSIBILITY OF TRADING DOWN FROM 3 IF WE HADN'T TRADED TUNSIL.


    Pump the brakes on Tunsil being a top 5 LT int he league. Where do I begin...
    -He wasn't top 5 but was trending in that direction.
    -One of the most penalized LT in the game and maybe on the o line in NFL
    -Tunsil was nearing a lucrative contract extension at the same time Miami embraced a complete rebuild. Trade away assets while you can for future assets (2 1sts and 2 2nds) lol Even Tunsil said he would make that trade.
    -Miami turned Tunsil into how many 1sts and 2nds and possibly Penei Sewell - Tunsil's replacement on the 1st year of his rookie deal WHILE we start to become contenders for the AFC playoffs.

    If you can't see the foresight and the plan Miami's front office has had then you need help.

    Considering Sewell received Heisman votes as a 19 year old or possibly freshly turned 20 year old left tackle, yeah he's a stud.

    It's no guarantee Smith would be there at 12. You;re taking a risk staying at 12 if it's Smith.

    I want you to be prepared we will be selecting the same player we would've taken at 3. It really is not a difficult concept to grasp. Can you guarantee Smith would be there at 12 , if we stayed? No.

    Buffalo gave up picks plus took on Diggs contract - not exactly apples to apples but if we are comparing the 2 trades then you need to leave out the contract extension Minny handed him.

    Hopkins - we trade raped BOB already but I do wish we did it again for Hopkins!

    OBJ - Again don't forget to add the total guarantees of $65mil along with the picks and Peppers the Giants received

    I never did like the Rosen trade. Mainly because of his concussions in college and the fact I wanted a tank job and having that 2nd rounder would've been nice.

    I think what you need to do is hope the other offers Miami received to trade down from 3 ever come out. Then compare them to trading down to the total compensation after the trade from 12 back up to 6.
    Last edited by poppapuh86; 04-01-2021 at 11:16 AM.

  8. #488
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,014
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    WE WOULDN'T EVEN BE DISCUSSING THE POSSIBILITY OF TRADING DOWN FROM 3 IF WE HADN'T TRADED TUNSIL.


    Pump the brakes on Tunsil being a top 5 LT int he league. Where do I begin...
    -He wasn't top 5 but was trending in that direction.
    -One of the most penalized LT in the game and maybe on the o line in NFL
    -Tunsil was nearing a lucrative contract extension at the same time Miami embraced a complete rebuild. Trade away assets while you can for future assets (2 1sts and 2 2nds) lol Even Tunsil said he would make that trade.
    -Miami turned Tunsil into how many 1sts and 2nds and possibly Penei Sewell - Tunsil's replacement on the 1st year of his rookie deal WHILE we start to become contenders for the AFC playoffs.

    If you can't see the foresight and the plan Miami's front office has had then you need help.

    Considering Sewell received Heisman votes as a 19 year old or possibly freshly turned 20 year old left tackle, yeah he's a stud.

    It's no guarantee Smith would be there at 12. You;re taking a risk staying at 12 if it's Smith.

    I want you to be prepared we will be selecting the same player we would've taken at 3. It really is not a difficult concept to grasp. Can you guarantee Smith would be there at 12 , if we stayed? No.

    Buffalo gave up picks plus took on Diggs contract - not exactly apples to apples but if we are comparing the 2 trades then you need to leave out the contract extension Minny handed him.

    Hopkins - we trade raped BOB already but I do wish we did it again for Hopkins!

    OBJ - Again don't forget to add the total guarantees of $65mil along with the picks and Peppers the Giants received


    I never did like the Rosen trade. Mainly because of his concussions in college and the fact I wanted a tank job and having that 2nd rounder would've been nice.

    I think what you need to do is hope the other offers Miami received to trade down from 3 ever come out. Then compare them to trading down to the total compensation after the trade from 12 back up to 6.
    this. i agree with all of this. If it's for Smith, then we got Smith on a cheap 4 year rookie contract with a decent 5th year option. That's 5 years of player control at a reasonable cost. Same with Chase. Same with Pitts. Same with Waddle. Ect.

    You can't compare the Diggs, Hopkins trades to this trade. you can't. They are established players with high salaries and cap hits.

    Plus the math dictates we moved from 3 to 6 . . . after everything that transpired, its a trade back to 6 and thats that. you can argue they went to 12, then back up to 6 . . . but where was our starting point? it was 3. easy math . . . 3 - 12 + 6 = -3 we traded back 3 spots to 6.

  9. #489
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,806
    You guys take it so personally when I say a LT and a 170 pound WR arenít worth trading a future first for.

    First off there is no guarantee that they get the player they wanted at 3. Theyíre going to get a player they felt comfortable with at 3, but thereís no promise that theyíll get the guy at the top of their board.

    You ABSOLUTELY can compare this trade to others like Diggs and Hopkins. Obviously I know the contract situations with ALL of those players, but you have a guaranteed sure fire player in those trades. Youíd figure a fan base that has seen two of the worst drafts in the past decade would be a little more cautious towards putting your hopes in a young player.

    There is so much to tell you that Devonta Smith wonít succeed in the NFL. Thereís no guarantee that Sewell continues to improve and reaches a dominant level of play. When you look at similar trades for WRs or just similar amount of picks spent on veteran players, teams have usually spent this much ammo on top 5 players at their positions. Not a lottery ticket that might be good.

    Iím simply saying that itís a lot to have spent if you donít get a blue chip, game changing player. And frankly I donít have Sewell or Smith as one of those players. When the Bills traded for Diggs they knew they were getting an elite player. Same for OBJ and Hopkins. Thereís just simply no guarantee that youíre getting even close to the same impact of a player.

    Iíd be fine with Sewell, but it would also be completely confusing to see Grier give up on Jackson or Hunt at the spots that he picked them to play just a year later WHILE also giving up an extra pick to do it. But then we have Armando reporting that itís between Smith, Chade and Pitts, so it might be useless to even argue about Sewell anymore.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 04-01-2021 at 02:31 PM.

  10. #490
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    You guys take it so personally when I say a LT and a 170 pound WR arenít worth trading a future first for.

    First off there is no guarantee that they get the player they wanted at 3. Theyíre going to get a player they felt comfortable with at 3, but thereís no promise that theyíll get the guy at the top of their board.

    You ABSOLUTELY can compare this trade to others like Diggs and Hopkins. Obviously I know the contract situations with ALL of those players, but you have a guaranteed sure fire player in those trades. Youíd figure a fan base that has seen two of the worst drafts in the past decade would be a little more cautious towards putting your hopes in a young player.

    There is so much to tell you that Devonta Smith wonít succeed in the NFL. Thereís no guarantee that Sewell continues to improve and reaches a dominant level of play. When you look at similar trades for WRs or just similar amount of picks spent on veteran players, teams have usually spent this much ammo on top 5 players at their positions. Not a lottery ticket that might be good.

    Iím simply saying that itís a lot to have spent if you donít get a blue chip, game changing player. And frankly I donít have Sewell or Smith as one of those players. When the Bills traded for Diggs they knew they were getting an elite player. Same for OBJ and Hopkins. Thereís just simply no guarantee that youíre getting even close to the same impact of a player.

    Iíd be fine with Sewell, but it would also be completely confusing to see Grier give up on Jackson or Hunt at the spots that he picked them to play just a year later WHILE also giving up an extra pick to do it. But then we have Armando reporting that itís between Smith, Chade and Pitts, so it might be useless to even argue about Sewell anymore.
    Has nothing to do with taking it personally but everything to do with your lack of understanding.

    If we started off at pick 12 and traded up to 6 then I would agree with it. But that's not what happened.

    If you can guarantee smith would be there at 12 then I would hate trading up to 6. But you can't. We have positioned ourselves to be right in the middle of the WR/Pitts run, if that happens. See how things shake out before you jump off a cliff.

    Please stop saying OBJ is elite. Another terrible take.

    Like I said, and you need to understand this, Miami will take the same player they could've take at 3 while picking up an extra 1st. It's that simple.

  11. #491
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,014
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    You guys take it so personally when I say a LT and a 170 pound WR arenít worth trading a future first for.

    First off there is no guarantee that they get the player they wanted at 3. Theyíre going to get a player they felt comfortable with at 3, but thereís no promise that theyíll get the guy at the top of their board.

    You ABSOLUTELY can compare this trade to others like Diggs and Hopkins. Obviously I know the contract situations with ALL of those players, but you have a guaranteed sure fire player in those trades. Youíd figure a fan base that has seen two of the worst drafts in the past decade would be a little more cautious towards putting your hopes in a young player.

    There is so much to tell you that Devonta Smith wonít succeed in the NFL. Thereís no guarantee that Sewell continues to improve and reaches a dominant level of play. When you look at similar trades for WRs or just similar amount of picks spent on veteran players, teams have usually spent this much ammo on top 5 players at their positions. Not a lottery ticket that might be good.

    Iím simply saying that itís a lot to have spent if you donít get a blue chip, game changing player. And frankly I donít have Sewell or Smith as one of those players. When the Bills traded for Diggs they knew they were getting an elite player. Same for OBJ and Hopkins. Thereís just simply no guarantee that youíre getting even close to the same impact of a player.

    Iíd be fine with Sewell, but it would also be completely confusing to see Grier give up on Jackson or Hunt at the spots that he picked them to play just a year later WHILE also giving up an extra pick to do it. But then we have Armando reporting that itís between Smith, Chade and Pitts, so it might be useless to even argue about Sewell anymore.
    you're right on Smith. There are major concerns about him, specifically his physical limitations. I understand. Chase and Pitts are both the best at their positions in this draft, and maybe there is a slight chance MIA misses out on both. I have no problem with that.

    But you keep stating that MIA gave up a lot for the #6 spot, but in reality they didn't. At the end of the day, they moved from 3 to 6, having gained a 2022 3rd rd pick, a 2023 1st rd pick, a swap of 2022 1sts with SF, and a swap of mid rd picks with PHI. What exactly did they give up? Are you arguing the fact that they potentially gave up the opportunity at Chase or Pitts? If that's what the argument is, then I can see your point, if you consider them the only blue chip prospects that are non-QB. But if you are arguing they gave up future assets to ultimately move back to 6, they didn't. They gained assets to move back to 6.

    Is your argument about potentially losing out on an elite prospect? or is it you think they gave up assets?

  12. #492
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,014
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Has nothing to do with taking it personally but everything to do with your lack of understanding.

    If we started off at pick 12 and traded up to 6 then I would agree with it. But that's not what happened.

    If you can guarantee smith would be there at 12 then I would hate trading up to 6. But you can't. We have positioned ourselves to be right in the middle of the WR/Pitts run, if that happens. See how things shake out before you jump off a cliff.

    Please stop saying OBJ is elite. Another terrible take.

    Like I said, and you need to understand this, Miami will take the same player they could've take at 3 while picking up an extra 1st. It's that simple.
    At the time that CLE traded for him, I think OBJ was an elite WR in the NFL. Now he is a shell of what he used to be, but that's the risk in trading for a 'proven' asset.

    Injury of a highly paid, established player vs. the potential lost on a high draft pick . . . two different risks. one risking guaranteed money and draft assets, and one risking draft assets only. That's why i don't necessarily see how they are related that much

  13. #493
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,545
    We very well may get the #1 player on our board at the 6th pick, while adding another 1st and somehow we did something wrong? lol

  14. #494
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    750
    I know you guys are aware of this, but my question on Sewell is, how important is it to snag the best LT on your board when your QB is a lefty? I understand it helps, but at contract extension time, you almost want to have (for example) the 5th or 10th best LT, so your biggest resources can be spent elsewhere, wouldn't you? Any thoughts on our unique lefty situation?

  15. #495
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,806
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    you're right on Smith. There are major concerns about him, specifically his physical limitations. I understand. Chase and Pitts are both the best at their positions in this draft, and maybe there is a slight chance MIA misses out on both. I have no problem with that.

    But you keep stating that MIA gave up a lot for the #6 spot, but in reality they didn't. At the end of the day, they moved from 3 to 6, having gained a 2022 3rd rd pick, a 2023 1st rd pick, a swap of 2022 1sts with SF, and a swap of mid rd picks with PHI. What exactly did they give up? Are you arguing the fact that they potentially gave up the opportunity at Chase or Pitts? If that's what the argument is, then I can see your point, if you consider them the only blue chip prospects that are non-QB. But if you are arguing they gave up future assets to ultimately move back to 6, they didn't. They gained assets to move back to 6.

    Is your argument about potentially losing out on an elite prospect? or is it you think they gave up assets?
    Itís a combo of both. You gave up what is equivalent to trading for an elite talent in the NFL, for what may not be an elite talent in the NFL. I have Chase, Pitts, And Sewell as the elite talents in the draft (although I donít think the entire NFL views Sewell as one). Waddle is very close and Smith is right behind him.

    To me, taking any other prospect other that those three at 6 is a massive failure where we stand right now, purely because you could get a similar quality player at 12. You may not get Smith or Waddle, but you can also find plenty of WR talent later in the draft. Thatís why Iím focusing so much on the value they gave up. Smith is a good WR, but youíre spending an incredibly value asset on someone who has tons of question marks from a physical standpoint. Just because you have extra picks doesnít mean you get a pass for wasting them.

Page 33 of 72 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •