Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 25 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 1073
  1. #361
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by phinman007 View Post
    Great video and hits on all the points which supports giving Tua the chance to be the next great QB in Miami.


    90% of the people here said that they would trade Tua for Watson I said from day one I do not think that's a good idea. If Miami trades for Watson you get all the distraction good and bad. In my opinion, I don't think, Watson is a top five quarterback now that's gonna make a lot of people here mad but that's just my opinion.

    I think Trevor Lawrence and Mac Jones Are going to be the best quarterbacks in this year's draft and I think it's gonna be a few years before they actually show it.

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Take it for what you will, but Tony Pauline just said that he expects Miami to address CB within the first three rounds.

    I think itís bs because I doubt Miami has even done very intensive work on their board yet and plan for the draft, but I would be livid if they did.

    Imagine investing more in the CB position than any team in the NFL, clearly recognizing that passing games are the lifeblood of the current NFL offense, while we bring Jakeem Grant and Mack Hollins to our team.

    It would be a waste no matter how you spin it. Either you wasted money on Jones or wasted a pick on Noah. Either way itís terrible.

    I joked about Jaycee Horn, but that would be the one way to get me off of the process bandwagon.
    X only has 2/3 years left of elite CB play and has already spoke up about wanting an extension w/ 2 years left on his current contract. Do you pay top dollar or declining production? The answer is no. You do realize Flores is doing the same thing NE did during his time there and invest heavily in the secondary? That's his defensive philosophy.

    What is wrong with taking a CB in round 3 if that's their BPA? The answer is nothing.

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,822
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    X only has 2/3 years left of elite CB play and has already spoke up about wanting an extension w/ 2 years left on his current contract. Do you pay top dollar or declining production? The answer is no. You do realize Flores is doing the same thing NE did during his time there and invest heavily in the secondary? That's his defensive philosophy.

    What is wrong with taking a CB in round 3 if that's their BPA? The answer is nothing.
    Bro weíve got two of the highest paid CBs in the NFL. An 2nd year player who has played will in his position, just signed Justin Coleman who has played as a top level nickel in the league and knows the scheme, AND we spent a 1st on a developmental CB just last year.

    I understand the continued investment in the secondary. But NE could do that every year because they had the GOAT playing at QB. This team still has massive holes it needs to fill. You canít continue to ignore other obvious spots to reinforce what is already the deepest spot on your team.

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rincon, Georgia
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Bro weíve got two of the highest paid CBs in the NFL. An 2nd year player who has played will in his position, just signed Justin Coleman who has played as a top level nickel in the league and knows the scheme, AND we spent a 1st on a developmental CB just last year.

    I understand the continued investment in the secondary. But NE could do that every year because they had the GOAT playing at QB. This team still has massive holes it needs to fill. You canít continue to ignore other obvious spots to reinforce what is already the deepest spot on your team.
    I agree. Maybe pick up a CB and a safety in the later rounds. We need offensive line, edge, RB and WR then BPA the rest of the way. Hopefully, a couple trade backs net us some additional picks to help us fill the holes.

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,822
    Quote Originally Posted by phinman007 View Post
    I agree. Maybe pick up a CB and a safety in the later rounds. We need offensive line, edge, RB and WR then BPA the rest of the way. Hopefully, a couple trade backs net us some additional picks to help us fill the holes.
    Donít forget C and honestly we should look at LB and OG too.

    If they drafted a guy with the plan to convert him to backup Bobby that would be one thing, but just taking another CB to be your 5th or 6th guy on the depth chart is a waste on day 2. 4th round or later Iím fine but even a 3rd round pick should be someone projected to play a lot.

    Now if we have 5 picks on day 2, thatís a bit different. But as we stand now I would be pissed to use an early pick on depth.

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rincon, Georgia
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Donít forget C and honestly we should look at LB and OG too.

    If they drafted a guy with the plan to convert him to backup Bobby that would be one thing, but just taking another CB to be your 5th or 6th guy on the depth chart is a waste on day 2. 4th round or later Iím fine but even a 3rd round pick should be someone projected to play a lot.

    Now if we have 5 picks on day 2, thatís a bit different. But as we stand now I would be pissed to use an early pick on depth.
    Yes, the first few rounds should be to fill starter roles. I did say offensive line help which definitely includes the need for upgrade at C and G. An upgrade at safety would help but don't expect that in the first half of the draft. Edge could be a big LB as well. Even though our defense did well last year, we have room for upgrading the LB core and the line. Hard to fill all the holes at once though we have 4 picks in the first two rounds which should vastly improve our team.

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Bro weíve got two of the highest paid CBs in the NFL. An 2nd year player who has played will in his position, just signed Justin Coleman who has played as a top level nickel in the league and knows the scheme, AND we spent a 1st on a developmental CB just last year.

    I understand the continued investment in the secondary. But NE could do that every year because they had the GOAT playing at QB. This team still has massive holes it needs to fill. You canít continue to ignore other obvious spots to reinforce what is already the deepest spot on your team.
    Like I said. Nothing wrong with taking a CB in round 3 if he's their BPA. Quit freaking out about every piece of "news" that is printed.

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,025
    It was a miracle that both X and Jones were relatively healthy last year. X gets hurt often, and he is starting to get up there in age when injuries start to impact a CB. SO what happens if X goes down? We trusting Iggy to step up to CB2 right now? We have one of the NFL's best CB tandems right now, but for how long? Who's to say that X is not traded next off-season. Flo loves him some DBs, and I wouldn't be shocked to come out of the draft having drafted a CB and a S within the first four rounds. Grier is for sure looking at the cap figures for this year, next year, and the year after, as well as our current roster. All of it is taken into consideration with their picks.

    Some would be mad if we took a safety within the first 50 picks. Not me. McCain is not special. And Rowe is good at covering most TEs, but what else? Iggy needs to improve, and maybe the thought is Iggy starts next year in 2022 at one of the CB spots. it takes a good 2-3 years for a CB to start to play at a good level after getting drafted. NE has always had the 'next man up' mentality, and they were never afraid to draft for for 1-2 years down the road. That is what we will see with Grier and Flo. There are some really good safeties in this draft, and getting one of them in the top 50 is smart team building imo. Adding the best talent everywhere should be a priority. We all know we need help at WR, RB, OL, and DE . . . but this team needs good players everywhere.

  9. #369
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,822
    ^^^^I really donít like this safety class, but I would understand a FS. But considering what they look for out of that position, it feels like they would look at a CB and convert him to FS.

    If they did a bit more in FA I would understand it, but thereís just so many glaring holes on this team. I just canít buy into spending even more on this position and going into the season with another crap Oline, or no RB, or having the same guys at WR out there. Just so we can add someone for possibly next year. If any team gets down to their 5th guy theyíre going to be in trouble. No need to spend high assets on a need that may not even arise ESPECIALLY when youíre still rebuilding the roster.

    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Like I said. Nothing wrong with taking a CB in round 3 if he's their BPA. Quit freaking out about every piece of "news" that is printed.
    Dude weíre all posting on a Dolphins forum. Literally this is for us to freak out about every piece of news that comes out lol.

  10. #370
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,025
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    ^^^^I really donít like this safety class, but I would understand a FS. But considering what they look for out of that position, it feels like they would look at a CB and convert him to FS.

    If they did a bit more in FA I would understand it, but thereís just so many glaring holes on this team. I just canít buy into spending even more on this position and going into the season with another crap Oline, or no RB, or having the same guys at WR out there. Just so we can add someone for possibly next year. If any team gets down to their 5th guy theyíre going to be in trouble. No need to spend high assets on a need that may not even arise ESPECIALLY when youíre still rebuilding the roster.



    Dude weíre all posting on a Dolphins forum. Literally this is for us to freak out about every piece of news that comes out lol.
    I kind of agree in regards to just how high of a pick is used for a DB. But we are not returning the same WR group as last year. We added Fuller, and both Wilson and Hurns are returning as well. Technically, those are three new weapons for Tua to use. Our depth at WR right now is really, really good. Parker and Fuller are the clear starters, but then a depth of Wilson, Hurns, Grant, and Bowden is good 'depth'. not saying their starting material or they should see 50% of the snaps any given week, but the depth is real. Do I think we need a 1st rd WR? Not really. The depth of WR in this class is amazing. But I do think we need a WR in the top 50 picks for sure. I honestly think this team goes WR and OL in the 1st rd (in no particular order), and I think they get a EDGE and DB in the 2nd rd.

  11. #371
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,822
    ^^^^I understand that thinking, but Iím not putting much into any of them. Williams is incredibly unreliable, Hurns is a backup, and Wilson is the perfect type of WR but is he really back from the injury? Thereís a bunch of names, but tons of questions marks after Parker and Fuller.

    I know these proday numbers are incredibly fake, but Elijah Moore just ran a 4.35 and Dee Eskridge just ran a 4.38. Iím honestly so much more interested in drafting one of these guys at 36 over Bateman, Toney, or Marshall at 18 if we miss on the big names.

    Iíd probably prefer both over Devonta at this point.

  12. #372
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,025
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    ^^^^I understand that thinking, but Iím not putting much into any of them. Williams is incredibly unreliable, Hurns is a backup, and Wilson is the perfect type of WR but is he really back from the injury? Thereís a bunch of names, but tons of questions marks after Parker and Fuller.

    I know these proday numbers are incredibly fake, but Elijah Moore just ran a 4.35 and Dee Eskridge just ran a 4.38. Iím honestly so much more interested in drafting one of these guys at 36 over Bateman, Toney, or Marshall at 18 if we miss on the big names.

    Iíd probably prefer both over Devonta at this point.
    I'd still take Smith over Moore and Eskridge, I'd have no problem with that lol. I'd take Smith at #18 if he were there, even if we took a WR at #3 (or the pick we trade back to). I like Smith, but I don't like him more than Chase, Waddle or Pitts. I'm not sure on Bateman to be honest. I just don't trust him for some reason.

  13. #373
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,822
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I'd still take Smith over Moore and Eskridge, I'd have no problem with that lol. I'd take Smith at #18 if he were there, even if we took a WR at #3 (or the pick we trade back to). I like Smith, but I don't like him more than Chase, Waddle or Pitts. I'm not sure on Bateman to be honest. I just don't trust him for some reason.
    I like Bateman but I donít really see anything special. Iíve compared him to a good version of Williams. High end #2.

    My only problem with Smith is the value at this point. I wonít be mad if we get him, because I was all on the hype train at the end of the year lol. But just after doing more work on this class thereís just so many guys that can fill a similar role later in the draft. I think at worse heís a really good possession receiver and can help the offense stay on pace, but I donít think heíll be the YAC guy he was in college.

    So I look at Smith as a very good slot WR. Wouldnít be a bad pick at all, but I donít see a offense changing WR. Iíd rather take a shot on some of these day 2 guys that have more upside. Moore is quickly becoming one of my favorites in this draft. Dude just reminds me of AB so much.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 03-25-2021 at 04:02 PM.

  14. #374
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,822
    Btw Tony Pauline is reporting again that Miami still hold Najee very highly and that there are some in the Dolphins FO that is recommending to stay away from players who opted out, at least early in the draft.

    I seriously have no idea how I feel about PFNs Dolphins reporting. Theyíve hit a few times, but usually theyíre kinda throwing tons of darts at the board hoping they hit.

  15. #375
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    751
    I wonder if Pitts' versatility and work ethic will make the Dolphins take him. Well, plus he's a beast.

Page 25 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •